AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2013-04-15, 16:58   Link #381
saurers123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
So thanks to the anime I've been reading the manga all over again...and after knowing what we know now and reading this page

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

all I could think was "Dude, Reiner...you're a dick."
You know, I have a feeling that around that time, Reiner, Bertolt and Annie really had to be extra careful not to get hurt. I'm sure they had a concrete goal in their minds during that time, which was needed for human-->titan transformation.
saurers123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 17:05   Link #382
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

They need to will it to transform, you don't just transform from getting injured...as Eren has proven a couple of times already.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 17:41   Link #383
saurers123

Quote:
They need to will it to transform, you don't just transform from getting injured...as Eren has proven a couple of times already.
That's what I was trying to say. I never said that they only needed to get injured. If you have read my previous post carefully, I did say they probably had a "concrete goal" in mind.

To quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by saurers123 View Post
I'm sure they had a concrete goal in their minds during that time, which was needed for human-->titan transformation.
My speculation on their goal, at that time, was probably to continue what their mission was, which is currently still unknown to us right now.
Old 2013-04-15, 22:07   Link #384
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I doubt Reiner and company ever risked to transform unwillingly upon being injured as it happened to Eren, if this is what you mean. They are very much in control of their Titan powers.

Besides Reiner was injured pretty badly shortly before his "coming out" and he didn't transform.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 22:40   Link #385
saurers123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
I doubt Reiner and company ever risked to transform unwillingly upon being injured as it happened to Eren, if this is what you mean. They are very much in control of their Titan powers.

Besides Reiner was injured pretty badly shortly before his "coming out" and he didn't transform.
I didn't took account of their mastery of their titan powers XDDD. By the way though, I was talking about the picture posted above by Randrak42. You know, Reiner being glad that Annie isn't injured or something(chapter 9 page 21). I was actually thinking that since the Colossus Titan attacked the wall again after how many years, I assumed that they had put their "mission/plan" in motion again<--which serves as their goal. Risking injury at themselves at that time might accidentally transform them to their titan form or reveal that they are not normal humans due to their regenerating ability even in human form. But I guess this is impossible since they have a lot more control over their powers unlike Eren.

Also, when was this "coming out?"
Old 2013-04-16, 01:01   Link #386
Tranhieu

Quote:
I didn't took account of their mastery of their titan powers XDDD. By the way though, I was talking about the picture posted above by Randrak42. You know, Reiner being glad that Annie isn't injured or something(chapter 9 page 21). I was actually thinking that since the Colossus Titan attacked the wall again after how many years, I assumed that they had put their "mission/plan" in motion again<--which serves as their goal. Risking injury at themselves at that time might accidentally transform them to their titan form or reveal that they are not normal humans due to their regenerating ability even in human form. But I guess this is impossible since they have a lot more control over their powers unlike Eren.

Perhaps he was referring to the bite Reiner got on his arm while fighting in that castle (what's the name again?).

What I don't get about Reiner and the company's 'goal' is the reason for their joining the military camp since Reiner said he made a grave mistake living with the other fools for the whole 3 years. If his original purpose was to annihilate humanity they didn't have to wait that long to initiate the 2nd attack on Wall Rose?
Tranhieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-16, 06:38   Link #387
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Yeah once we know who Reiner and Co work for it'll be a big step forward.

We still havn't met any high leaders such as the king,I just wonder how corrupt the high class is, enough to order the destruction of wall Maria?Though I admit having no idea why they'd want to do that.
Old 2013-04-16, 07:03   Link #388
Pacify

Quote:
So thanks to the anime I've been reading the manga all over again...and after knowing what we know now and reading this page

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

all I could think was "Dude, Reiner...you're a dick."
Wow haha, thanks for linking that, had forgotten.

Just caught up, reading the last 4 chapters. God damn. This series is something else with its plot twists lol. That was one hell of a cliff hanger tho
Pacify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-16, 07:30   Link #389
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

Up to now, my favourite characters are:

1. Ymir
2. Hanji
3. Sasha
4. Mikasa
5. Annie
6. Historia
7. Armin
8. Erren
Old 2013-04-16, 08:19   Link #390
Tranhieu

So the reason for having the Scout Legion is to explore the world beyond Wall Maria and to find out more about the Titan right? If that's the case I don't get Eren's comment in the last panel.
Spoiler for Eren's comment:
Tranhieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-16, 08:35   Link #391
MarkS00N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerklein View Post
If they usually live underground, their eyes mostly blind, because they don't need eyes to see. And their body is extreme weak in contact with sunlight because their body don't need to build to against sunlight (natural mutation like African got skin cancer less than European becuase sunlight in Africa is stronger than Europe). But the important you forgot, Titans need sunlight for their energy and running out energy to cool out in the night or no sunlight contact them like machines (except Hairy Titan). Its is mean, they're not underground race for sure (especially, Hairy Titan with limbs for climbing not crawing under dark), they're more like B.O.W (Bio Organic Weapon).

I can pretty sure that titans are actually experiments weapons with first animal testing like most of humanity's project. Russian send dog and monkey to the space before send human; or many drug projects need test on mouse, monkey before test on human.
The thing is, we aren't sure yet whether the Titan really need sunlight or not, especially with recent attack at night time which previously thought to be impossible...
And the Hairy Titan (or Ape Titan for me) climb, throw object, and roar in the dark without sunlight...

I am also not sure whether they are experiments weapon, at least not the recent advance Titan like the Ape Titan for if they use animal first then use it on human, why doesn't the human gain ability to speak, move at night, and control Regular Titan beyond simple command like 'eat me' that Female Type Titan showcase?
Also, why Ymir, assuming Ymir is the next experiment, unable to control the Regular Titan thus forced her to attack the Regular Titan that attack her and her friends?

Though as our knowledge is pretty limited, we can't answer this for sure...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyTitan View Post
The wall worked because the ape titans that can simply climb it were originally far away the ape just wondered there for the first time in over a 100 years. Since he had no clue about the 3d gear he must have been far away since scouts go out side and since there is even a castle outside. His intelligence is scary the way you pointed out how hes systematically kill anyone who saw him. To come up with such a plan just by scouting a area for fun is truly scary. Calling him a scout is a understatement he is more like a assassin. How do you even fight him he has more mobility than the people using 3d gear and other titans he can simply jump up to a high place and stone you to death. Meeh they will figure something out the intelligence level in this manga is pretty high thats what I came to post about.
The term scout isn't about its capability but what appears to be its mission: To scout the area inside the wall and understand how 3DGM, a rather unique 'weapon' that human has invented, works.
And that is what scary about this Titan, if this high caliber Titan is used as a mere scout, what kind of Titan that will be used as the main force?
Not to mention the fact that the Titan only need to bring the 3DGM without the need to actually know how to use it from the human, which possibly mean there is another Titan who can examine it.

Quote:
And screw cannons and swords if explosives can kill them why are we not useing flaming catapults this would set fire to there neck keeping them from healing and killing them...Meeh mangas likes this just don't work because you have to stupifiy humans.Humans are at the top of the food chain not because we are the strongest but because we are the smartest long ago any animal that attempted to put us in its food chain was killed and then hunted.
I actually doubt fire will kill Titan, especially when most Titan we see use sun as source of energy...
Don't you think fire them with fire will only strenghten them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranhieu View Post
So the reason for having the Scout Legion is to explore the world beyond Wall Maria and to find out more about the Titan right? If that's the case I don't get Eren's comment in the last panel.
I think there are atleast two factions inside the wall: The Royal-Cult and The Military.
The Royal-Cult wish for human to stay inside the wall while The Military wish to expand human territory...

Last edited by MarkS00N; 2013-04-16 at 08:51.
MarkS00N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-16, 08:59   Link #392
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
The "coming out" I was referring to is when Reiner suddenly blurted out to Eren that: "Oh, by the way I'm the armored Titan and my friend here is the Colossal Titan. You know... the ones who are responsible for your mother's death among several other thousands of people. Yep, that's us."

He had a bad injury on his arm at that very moment, a broken bone and wounds left by a Titan's bite.

Quote:
I had forgotten about that. This confirms how the government is systematically trying to erase any knowledge about the outside world from the mind of its citizens. And I guess it's not just geographical but also historical. They obviously have no idea of what the world was before the Titan.

Seriously, do you think it's even remotely believable that they lost any knowledge of what lies beyond the walls or that they never knew to begin with? And yet it seems that the scouting legion doesn't even have a map of the territories beyond.

Or is it really possible that the King or whoever is in command doesn't know about the walls and whatever the "clergy" knows about them?

This naturally begs a question: why creating a scouting legion, if what the government wants is to keep people inside the walls and make them forget about what's beyond?

I can only speculate on what's the answer, but I think this is probably a convoluted political strategy, not unlike the so called "attack to retake the lost territory" which was just a disguised massacre of civilians.

There's probably a lot of people like Eren, people that can't help but wishing to explore the outside world in spite of all the effort the government and the clergy made to dissuade them to even think about that.
The way they chose to deal with them was simply to let them have what they wanted, with the almost certainty that the only thing that they would achieve would be to become food for the titans. It just saved them the trouble to kill them themselves as heretics.
It also served the double purpose of making examples out of them for everyone else. "See what you get for trying to fight with Titans?"
For a hundred years this strategy worked.

The scouting legion, in other words, has always been nothing but a way to gather and prune undesired individuals who asked too many questions.
If you think about it, such system is a lot more efficient than overtly attacking them, which would only cause such individuals to recognize the government as an enemy and form a resistance group.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-16, 09:01   Link #393
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

All Hanji test on 2 captured Titans, all titans the Wall engage so far need sun light, the Colossal Titans in Wall Sina also need sunlight to work, that why after a hole expose a Colossal Titan, it begin moving it's eye, but after the priest say not let sunlight contact it, that Titan stop moving again. We can sure Titans need sunlight as energy because they're kind of weapons.

The Hairy Titan situation, as I said, it may one of first experiment Titans are made by Titan project which don't need sunlight to work yet because it more like a Living Subject than a Bio Machine or can store energy for night operation (like long duration battery), and they were test by higher up of project how they work again human during night operation (like long duration battery). I doubt that Hairy Titan was transported to inner Wall Rose by helicopter and the people of that villarge were insert new kind of Titan serum because there are no trackes of breachs on the Wall or holes. The later human Titans were made as grunt, it's mean they don't need intelligent, just stupid enough to follow command of deviant Titans or special Titans.

In the ruined fortress, Ymir unable controls those regular Titans, because they are pack of Hairy Titans, not hers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
The "coming out" I was referring to is when Reiner suddenly blurted out to Eren that: "Oh, by the way I'm the armored Titan and my friend here is the Colossal Titan. You know... the ones who are responsible for your mother's death among several other thousands of people. Yep, that's us."

He had a bad injury on his arm at that very moment, a broken bone and wounds left by a Titan's bite.

I had forgotten about that. This confirms how the government is systematically trying to erase any knowledge about the outside world from the mind of its citizens. And I guess it's not just geographical but also historical. They obviously have no idea of what the world was before the Titan.

Seriously, do you think it's even remotely believable that they lost any knowledge of what lies beyond the walls or that they never knew to begin with? And yet it seems that the scouting legion doesn't even have a map of the territories beyond.

Or is it really possible that the King or whoever is in command doesn't know about the walls and whatever the "clergy" knows about them?

This naturally begs a question: why creating a scouting legion, if what the government wants is to keep people inside the walls and make them forget about what's beyond?

I can only speculate on what's the answer, but I think this is probably a convoluted political strategy, not unlike the so called "attack to retake the lost territory" which was just a disguised massacre of civilians.

There's probably a lot of people like Eren, people that can't help but wishing to explore the outside world in spite of all the effort the government and the clergy made to dissuade them to even think about that.
The way they chose to deal with them was simply to let them have what they wanted, with the almost certainty that the only thing that they would achieve would be to become food for the titans. It just saved them the trouble to kill them themselves as heretics.
It also served the double purpose of making examples out of them for everyone else. "See what you get for trying to fight with Titans?"
For a hundred years this strategy worked.

The scouting legion, in other words, has always been nothing but a way to gather and prune undesired individuals who asked too many questions.
If you think about it, such system is a lot more efficient than overtly attacking them, which would only cause such individuals to recognize the government as an enemy and form a resistance group.
Yet we don't see any Royal members yet. I doubt that the true king is never exist but Overseer, keep watching the Titans project and the Wall. That why the Police force is under direct control of King (do you remember Armin want to join Police force to serve the King). I guess the Police are command that need erase all stuff about outside to keep people in the Wall think they'are the only left of humankind. The scouting legion is created to send to to fighting Titans, because Titan project is weapons, they need the capacity fighting of Titans, if not, the Wall's human just shut them inside the Wall.

Last edited by Panzerklein; 2013-04-16 at 09:12.
Panzerklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-16, 18:21   Link #394
MarkS00N

Quote:
All Hanji test on 2 captured Titans, all titans the Wall engage so far need sun light, the Colossal Titans in Wall Sina also need sunlight to work, that why after a hole expose a Colossal Titan, it begin moving it's eye, but after the priest say not let sunlight contact it, that Titan stop moving again. We can sure Titans need sunlight as energy because they're kind of weapons.
We aren't sure whether the Titan stop moving because we can't see it now. Though I won't question that more, mostly because I have my own speculation about this.

Quote:
The Hairy Titan situation, as I said, it may one of first experiment Titans are made by Titan project which don't need sunlight to work yet because it more like a Living Subject than a Bio Machine or can store energy for night operation (like long duration battery), and they were test by higher up of project how they work again human during night operation (like long duration battery). I doubt that Hairy Titan was transported to inner Wall Rose by helicopter and the people of that villarge were insert new kind of Titan serum because there are no trackes of breachs on the Wall or holes. The later human Titans were made as grunt, it's mean they don't need intelligent, just stupid enough to follow command of deviant Titans or special Titans.
So...
You mean you think the Ape Titan are transported there using helicopter and the villager were previously inserted somekind of serum?

Why this helicopter, which sure is need to be more advance than 3DGM, never seen before or used before by Scout Legion? Why no one ever mention it?

Why the Ape Titan bring the 3DGM back?

Why the Ape Titan only now know that the human has sword to destroy the nape of their neck?

Why the Ape Titan is far more advance (with its ability to talk, crush smaller Titan, climb Wall of Rose, throw rock and horse to castle Utgard, and strategize) if it is only a Living Subject instead of Bio Machine? Compare to human Titan like Eren, Annie, Ryner, and Bertholdt.

How exactly one make a Titan more intelegent while other isn't when both is used as a test to see how they work against human at night? Remember, both Ape Titan and Regular Titan that attack the human is capable to move and attack at night without sunlight.

If the purpose of test is to see how Titan work against human at night, why the Ape Titan escape instead of attack castle Utgard? It does attack, but not frontal like the Regular Titan it use.

Also, why the Ape Titan appear at daylight if the purpose of test is to see how Titan work against human at night?

Why the helicopter didn't bring the Ape Titan back?

Why the Ape Titan need to climb the Wall of Rose to escape?

Why the Ape Titan appear and escape from the south? Isn't the human or the Royal, who you suspect to do the experiment, live on the north? Or you are suggesting that there are human compound in the south?

It just doesn't add up.

There are of course possibility of Titan as Bio Machine, in fact I believe some of the Titans are actually human experiment to fight Titan using their own Titan. But I believe that the Original Titan who begin the war against human are independent from human.

Quote:
In the ruined fortress, Ymir unable controls those regular Titans, because they are pack of Hairy Titans, not hers.
So, are you suggesting that Female Type Titan able to command Regular Titans back then because those Regular Titans are her pack?

Thus, are you suggesting that Female Type Titan make those Titan before attack the Scout Legion?

Or are you suggesting that there are different rules about controlling Titan back then and now?

Spoiler for Another Speculation:
Old 2013-04-16, 20:06   Link #395
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

Because the helicopter transport from outside and insert serum to nearest village to avoid be detected, thus no one inner know about that helicopter.

The Hairy Titan bring 3DM Gear back because it interesting him.

The Hairy Titan know human use sword to attack nape of their neck because it is common and only way to destroy Titan where is the host lie there for hundread year in the Wall. And that Hairy Titan only got limit information about human, I guess that to test his reaction of him before other advance gears of the Wall human.

The Hairy Titan is more advance, because the project product him like that as for command unit among others, like the Tyrant series and other lower level B.O.W in Resident Evil.

They need at least 1 command unit which is most intelligent to command other, while the rest is stupid enough to follow the order without any question. It is common element of mutation/super soldier in many sci-fis. Intelligent grunt soldier always question the order is really troublesome.

The Hairy Titan not escape after attack castle Utgard, but climb to Wall Sina after order his pack attack castle Utgard. And he watching, supporting from there a bit and moving on his goal.

I doubt that the Hairy Titan still at day, since he climb to Wall Rose at mid night, I don't see him anymore at morning. I think he already retreat

And helicopter bring him from far away from Wall Rose already, I guess.

The Hairy appear from south and retreat from south because there is revenzous point for him after night operation testing.

Up to now, there aren't any evidence that some kind of original titan like you said exist yet.

About controlling. Just like a officer from 1st division can't command a squad from 2nd division useless 2nd division's commander allow it.
Old 2013-04-16, 22:58   Link #396
MarkS00N

Quote:
Because the helicopter transport from outside and insert serum to nearest village to avoid be detected, thus no one inner know about that helicopter.
So the helicopter belong to?
If the helicopter come from outside Wall of Rose, how come the Royal able to prepare and use helicopter beyond their area of control?

Quote:
The Hairy Titan bring 3DM Gear back because it interesting him.
But the Ape Titan didn't need to bring it...
It only bring it because Mike didn't answer its question how he use 3DM Gear (and I just realize I use wrong acronym this whole time :P )...

Quote:
The Hairy Titan know human use sword to attack nape of their neck because it is common and only way to destroy Titan where is the host lie there for hundread year in the Wall. And that Hairy Titan only got limit information about human, I guess that to test his reaction of him before other advance gears of the Wall human.
I phrase my question about this one rather badly...
I should have asked:
If the Titan an experiment from Royal, shouldn't it know that the human inside the wall use sword like weapon to kill Titan? What does it need to say that the human inside the wall use a sword like weapon?
The Ape Titan wording looked like it rather surprise that the human inside the wall has sword like weapon, but if the Titan exist because it was an experiment by the Royal (who you suggest somehow transport the Titan) shouldn't it know about this fact already?

Quote:
The Hairy Titan is more advance, because the project product him like that as for command unit among others, like the Tyrant series and other lower level B.O.W in Resident Evil.

They need at least 1 command unit which is most intelligent to command other, while the rest is stupid enough to follow the order without any question. It is common element of mutation/super soldier in many sci-fis. Intelligent grunt soldier always question the order is really troublesome.
Reasonable, but doesn't answer why human Titan like Erren, Annie, Ryner, and Bertholdt unable to: Talk, move at night, or strategize in complicated manner like Ape Titan.
I mean, Annie, Ryner, and Bertholdt clearly isn't just a Regular Titan.

Quote:
The Hairy Titan not escape after attack castle Utgard, but climb to Wall Sina after order his pack attack castle Utgard. And he watching, supporting from there a bit and moving on his goal.
The Ape Titan escape to Wall of Rose as Castle Utgard is close to Wall of Rose.

As this image show:
Spoiler:

The scout who are close to Wall of Rose (as they seek the hole in Wall of Rose) see Castle Utgard with the supporting tower on the left side.
Now in this image:
Spoiler:

The Ape Titan who already on top of the wall see Castle Utgard with the supporting tower on the left side.
Which mean the Ape Titan see Castle Utgard from same position as the scout earlier, thus the wall the Ape Titan climb is Wall of Rose.

Quote:
I doubt that the Hairy Titan still at day, since he climb to Wall Rose at mid night, I don't see him anymore at morning. I think he already retreat
I mean the Ape Titan appear at Daylight not that it still around the next morning.
The first time the Ape Titan seen is at chapter 35, at daylight.
If he is used as test subject to see how well Titan against human at night, should he dropped at night?
Why did he dropped at noon?

Quote:
And helicopter bring him from far away from Wall Rose already, I guess.
To where?

Are you suggesting human has more territory than just the wall?

Quote:
The Hairy appear from south and retreat from south because there is revenzous point for him after night operation testing.
Which lead to this question again: Are you suggesting human has more territory than just the wall?

Because if the Royal responsible for this Ape Titan and need to bring it to the revenzous point, it mean either they need to bring it from Wall of Sina (which is strange because it means they risk people see the Ape Titan) or they have a compound outside the wall.

Quote:
Up to now, there aren't any evidence that some kind of original titan like you said exist yet.
There are two:
1) The fact that the Ape Titan is smarter and has more advance capability than any human Titan we've seen. (One unique point: It can talk with understanding what it talk about, which also make me suspect Ymir, who also can talk with understanding what she talk about, another Original Titan. Even Eren who now able to control his Titan form unable to talk.)
2) The Ape Titan and looked vastly different than human. (Also another point I suspect Ymir an Original Titan as her form look more like an Angler fish cross Frog than human)

There are also two possible reasoning why we never see this "Original Titan" before:
1) The Original Titan focus their effort to eradicate human outside the wall and only now appear.
2) The Original Titan is divided into groups and the group that the Ape Titan belong isn't native to this land thus the Ape Titan is sent as scout.

My theory for Original Titan mostly come from my suspicion that the recent attack of Ape Titan is a tell from the writer that the attack of Titan before wasn't the true attack of Titan. Like how many "twist" in this story has been foreshadowed before, thus the recent attack of Ape Titan also another foreshadow.

Quote:
About controlling. Just like a officer from 1st division can't command a squad from 2nd division useless 2nd division's commander allow it.
And how does this "squad" in Titan decided?
By who create the Regular Titan?

Are you suggesting that the whole Titan outside the wall are Female Type Titan pack? As every Titan that surround the forest of giant all obey to Female Type Titan command.
Old 2013-04-17, 00:35   Link #397
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

As I said, my theory is, the Wall and around areas are just testing ground for Titans project. The helicopter come in and come out from outside bases of the project. The Royal only need keep watching and report, don't need prepare helicopter for some thing. That why use Police force to remove any books or knowledge of outside the Wall to avoid the Wall's people can find some secrect outside there. That why 90% of Scouting Legion lost only in 4 years without any map, they easy to run over a group of titan or a troops's patrol with automatic guns and kill them all to keep secrect, thus Scouting Legion can't move so far from the Wall and fear to moving farther.

Eren, Beoholdt, Reiner, Annie are all special unit, but still belong to other generation project unlike Hairy Titan which is first experiment for generation Titan can operate under night, and Hairy Titan was send for first time inside the Wall to test. If it is success, we will see many Titans can operate under night later.

The Hairy Titan first appear at day to charge energy from sunlight for night operation, as same as solar plant make energy from sunlight, store them in battery and use in night.

And as I said, the Royal castle only is serve as Overseer, not the lab. Bring any titan from there is risk, thus they communicate from radio or something to bring the Hairy Titan from outside base to inside Wall Rose and make nearest village people to titan to avoid people of the Wall acknowledge there are human outside the Wall.

My theory come from, there is no breach on the Wall, no holes are found but Hairy Titan suddenly appear. If he climb on the Wall, it mean it need in titan from and unable carry any serums, or too big for insert serum to Connie's villagers. Thus I guess the human from outside the Wall transport Hairy Titan in and capture, insert serum to Connie's villagers to become Titan. Then the Hairy Titan was order to bring that pack around with him for night operation testing, gather useful infomation, tools, with limited infomation they give to Hairy Titan to see it's reaction before how can Wall's human can attack Titans and return back renverous point. That why despite the scouting legion fighting titans for many years with high casuality (it is mean a lot of 3DM Gear still remain outside the Wall and on Wall Maria but Hairy Titans don't has much knowledge about sword and 3DM Gear like it see them first time.

BTW, height compare of characters.

Last edited by Panzerklein; 2013-04-17 at 00:52.
Panzerklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 01:24   Link #398
desrtsku
Nympholept

Historia ... why you so cute?
Old 2013-04-17, 02:34   Link #399
BoyTitan

Quote:
As I said, my theory is, the Wall and around areas are just testing ground for Titans project. The helicopter come in and come out from outside bases of the project. The Royal only need keep watching and report, don't need prepare helicopter for some thing. That why use Police force to remove any books or knowledge of outside the Wall to avoid the Wall's people can find some secrect outside there. That why 90% of Scouting Legion lost only in 4 years without any map, they easy to run over a group of titan or a troops's patrol with automatic guns and kill them all to keep secrect, thus Scouting Legion can't move so far from the Wall and fear to moving farther.

Eren, Beoholdt, Reiner, Annie are all special unit, but still belong to other generation project unlike Hairy Titan which is first experiment for generation Titan can operate under night, and Hairy Titan was send for first time inside the Wall to test. If it is success, we will see many Titans can operate under night later.

The Hairy Titan first appear at day to charge energy from sunlight for night operation, as same as solar plant make energy from sunlight, store them in battery and use in night.

And as I said, the Royal castle only is serve as Overseer, not the lab. Bring any titan from there is risk, thus they communicate from radio or something to bring the Hairy Titan from outside base to inside Wall Rose and make nearest village people to titan to avoid people of the Wall acknowledge there are human outside the Wall.

My theory come from, there is no breach on the Wall, no holes are found but Hairy Titan suddenly appear. If he climb on the Wall, it mean it need in titan from and unable carry any serums, or too big for insert serum to Connie's villagers. Thus I guess the human from outside the Wall transport Hairy Titan in and capture, insert serum to Connie's villagers to become Titan. Then the Hairy Titan was order to bring that pack around with him for night operation testing, gather useful infomation, tools, with limited infomation they give to Hairy Titan to see it's reaction before how can Wall's human can attack Titans and return back renverous point. That why despite the scouting legion fighting titans for many years with high casuality (it is mean a lot of 3DM Gear still remain outside the Wall and on Wall Maria but Hairy Titans don't has much knowledge about sword and 3DM Gear like it see them first time.

BTW, height compare of characters.
1 can the 2 of you please learn how to speak English better. Your enrish is somewhat hard to read.

2 Helicopters,Radios really dude they do not have that kind of technology yet this is years before the time we live in they don't even have cars yet,the lone ape titan climbed the wall.

3 Think outside the box the ape titan most likely does not need a serum to turn humans into titans it is a innate ability.

4 The ape titan got there by climbing the wall then turned a village into titans.Then he started scouting the area to learn about it.

5 Why if there was a organization just trying to test the titans ability at night would the ape titan have been doing so much scouting he did a couple hours worth of scouting the area after turning other people into titans.

6 The way he was killing people or attempting to was in a systematic and assassin like manner he did not want anyone to see him and picked the fastest course of action to take out his enemies not something some one on a performance mission does. The first scout he killed he completely took by surprise by killing his hoarse and throwing it after him. He also destroy a hoarse stable to make the other scouts stranded.

7 Read some of the other theorys here as me and others have stated it seems clear as day that there are at least 2 titan factions and they both have very different goals. The group of Beoholdt, Reiner, Annie were clearly on a search and retrieve mission unlike the ape titan they did not kill unless provoked plus they already knew about 3d gear we do not know what the first came for but we do know they stayed for eren if eren leaves the wall never breaks down human kind is left alone problem is there is a 2nd faction of titans that can just climb the wall. The ape titan was scouting a new area his group probably just found that was it he has nothing to do with the marginalization in charge of Beoholdt, Reiner, Annie.

8 As I said earlier there is just way to high of a skill level to just be testing the humans, The humans are out numbered,Under powered, Have less territory your theory just does not have weight. If the people in charge of a titan faction wanted they could wipe out all of humanity.The only reasons for the titans we have seen to have this much war and combat knowledge in case you did not notice Beoholdt, Reiner, Annie matched the battle hardened scouts mentally move for move there is no reason to have that kind of intelligence for a enemy you can crush, The ape titan who belongs to a different literally almost did what a navy seal or green beret would do on a reconnaissance mission he did some long term scouting of the territory,When he found something of interest he killed the target took the item of interest. Killed all eye witnesses.

Why would they have this level of combat intellect just to fight humans does that make any sense to you even for a test only reason for it 2 separate groups of titans fighting each other. Being smart is one thing but combat intelligence comes from training and battle experience.

9 Since its really bothering did u notice how titans can cover a really large area with hot air what if this titan can cover a really large area with that also but it turns anyone near it into a titan. See think outside the box. Think of how things in this specific story function and not use examples from other stories.

10 The sunlight thing it just said titans live off sunlight never said how long it takes them to die from a lack of it or if they can't fight with out it. Even ymir was able to transform at night. We can go a day or 2 with out food but it still would not be smart to attack a enemy on a empty stomach would it.

11 I find it funny how Beoholdt, Reiner did not want eren so badly till seeing the ape titan. There seemed to be a rush in the plan after seeing him. The way the approached eren just seemed nonstrategic out of plan like a desperate move.

12 Jan-Poo your idea sounds really good 0-o send off those that question the walls into the scouts were they will just die. Keeps the humans from expanding and being discovered by the likes of the hairy titan, Keeps the peoples morals under control and makes them think outside is unsafe. Gives mankind more time to experiment and make stronger titans to combat original titans. Put mankind in a cage for its own safety.

13 Marksoon its not so much of how strong the guys the ape titan work for is its more so of how smart they are. So far this series likes to use fight iq and strategy a lot. My biggest fear is we get some crap like ape titans useing 3d gear everyone is fudged then.
Old 2013-04-17, 04:22   Link #400
MarkS00N

Quote:
If so, why do they let the destruction of Wall of Maria?
Why they let Royal to send the population - that evacuate to Wall of Rose - to try retake Wall of Maria?
Why even let the Scouting Legion to go out of the Wall of Maria if they don't want to be known?
Why even allowing the creation of Scouting Legion in the first place?

Also why you said that the Ape Titan climb Wall of Sina in this post:
Quote:
If you believe the Ape Titan needs to be taken to the outside wall as the people who do the experiment exist outside the wall?

Quote:
If this Ape Titan the first to operate under night time, why there are many Regular Titan that able to operate under night time at the same time?

Quote:
If it needs to charge energy first, who don't they just charge the Ape Titan outside the wall before put him inside the wall once night fall?
Why do they need to charge the Ape Titan inside the wall?

Quote:
Unfortunately this form of assumption are based on something we haven't seen yet...
You can't prove this statement is true and I can't prove this statement is false...
So I'll let this skip...

Quote:
I doubt the Ape Titan need to use serum to change human into Titan.
But as we don't know or see the transformation proccess, we can't be sure about it.

But then there are questions:
Why it need to climb the Wall of Rose to escape? As in why the helicopter drop it inside the Wall of Rose, but then take it back from beyond Wall of Rose?
What the purpose of bringing pack Regular Titan around?
Why they need to drop the Ape Titan at daylight? Shouldn't they just insert the serum at around afternoon then drop the Ape Titan to command the Regular Titan? Why they need to risk the Ape Titan + Helicopter that transport the Ape Titan to be seen by human inside the wall? (thus break their cover)

Also, if the Titan is used as weapon by human outside the wall, why do they tested against human inside the wall that has a more primitive technology?
If the human outside the wall has such advance technology to create Titan, helicopter, radio, and automatic weapon, sure their enemy has at least a similar level of technology. So why test Titan against human with less capability than theirs?
Isn't such kind of experiment inefficient and ineffective?

Also, as the Scout Legion outside the wall is eaten by the Regular Titan, isn't it reasonable to think that 3DM are actually rare outside?
Especially when you see that scout who are dead without being eaten (Pietra, etc.) - thus allowed for their 3DM to be scavenged - were attacked by Female Type Titan instead of Regular Titan.
And don't you think it would more appropriate for the Scout Legion in the first chapter to give Brown's mother her son's 3DM gear along with Brown's hand if dead scout's 3DM is readily scavenged and not rest inside Titan's stomach?

====

Quote:
1 can the 2 of you please learn how to speak English better. Your enrish is somewhat hard to read.
Ah, I am sorry about the inconvenience you had...
I am still learning my English so I am sorry about any grammar mistake...

Quote:
7 Read some of the other theorys here as me and others have stated it seems clear as day that there are at least 2 titan factions and they both have very different goals. The group of Beoholdt, Reiner, Annie were clearly on a search and retrieve mission unlike the ape titan they did not kill unless provoked plus they already knew about 3d gear we do not know what the first came for but we do know they stayed for eren if eren leaves the wall never breaks down human kind is left alone problem is there is a 2nd faction of titans that can just climb the wall. The ape titan was scouting a new area his group probably just found that was it he has nothing to do with the marginalization in charge of Beoholdt, Reiner, Annie.
Well, I disagree that Bertholdt, Ryner, and Annie comes from a Titan faction.
Though there are not enough to confirm my suspicion that they are
Spoiler for Speculation:

Quote:
11 I find it funny how Beoholdt, Reiner did not want eren so badly till seeing the ape titan. There seemed to be a rush in the plan after seeing him. The way the approached eren just seemed nonstrategic out of plan like a desperate move.
I think it is desperation move from Ryner part who now closer to death than ever.
Because he almost dead twice from Titan cause now (something which previously he never had to face because he can turn into Titan freely before), he become 'a coward' - as he said - and choose to take a shortcut.

Quote:
12 Jan-Poo your idea sounds really good 0-o send off those that question the walls into the scouts were they will just die. Keeps the humans from expanding and being discovered by the likes of the hairy titan, Keeps the peoples morals under control and makes them think outside is unsafe. Gives mankind more time to experiment and make stronger titans to combat original titans. Put mankind in a cage for its own safety.
Ah, reasonable conclusion...
Somehow I miss Jan-Poo's post...

Last edited by MarkS00N; 2013-04-17 at 04:33.