Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-08, 19:32   Link #1
Yotsuba
芸術は爆発だ!

Romance Manga/Anime?

I really am looking for something like Bokura Ga Ita, Honey and Clover, Koi Kaze, Lovely Complex, etc. Something that can be funny at times but is mostly dramatic. I guess Shoujo would be best but I'm fine with Shounen manga and anime too, as long as it has the kind of romance I described?

I do NOT like harem themes. Ecchi is OK, so are taboo topics.

Both manga and anime reccomendations are fine. Thanks!
Old 2009-07-08, 19:56   Link #2
Sasano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yotsuba View Post
I really am looking for something like Bokura Ga Ita, Honey and Clover, Koi Kaze, Lovely Complex, etc. Something that can be funny at times but is mostly dramatic. I guess Shoujo would be best but I'm fine with Shounen manga and anime too, as long as it has the kind of romance I described?

I do NOT like harem themes. Ecchi is OK, so are taboo topics.

Both manga and anime reccomendations are fine. Thanks!
Romance with drama? Well I guess 2 animes come to mind Toradora & Peach Girl.

Toradora is more balanced out in terms of other aspects of the series like comedy, and while the cast slightly haremish(moe) at least to me it didn't really give out that impression enough for me to regarding in the same category as things like Love hina.

Peach Girl is shoujo, and to be honest the drama was too much for me, but at least the characters were good themselves.

And as for manga Nana to Kaoru is an echhi romance comedy
Old 2009-07-08, 20:03   Link #3
mit7059

Hmm Clannad is very good but the first season is a harem, you could potentially just skip to the second season which isn't a harem theme and is excellent.

If you haven't watched/read Kare Kano you should, watch the first half of the anime and then switch over to the anime. The second half of the anime got pretty bad, with something like 3 or 4 summary episodes due to a dispute between the director and the producers. The anime doesn't even come close to finishing the story anyways so you would have to read the manga. Anyways its an awesome series, one of my favorites.

You could try BECK:Mongolian Chop Squad, while romance is not the main focus Beck reminds me of a sort of shounen version of Honey & Clover in that its a coming of age story and the main character reminds me of Takemoto.

If you havent been watching/reading Cross Game you should, its one of the best mangas in the past few years and the anime is doing the manga justice.

Nana sorta reminds me of Bokura Ga Ita, I found the main character annoying, especially toward the end of the series but at the same time I just couldn't stop watching.

More of a manga reader now than an anime watcher. Currently reading list here
Old 2009-07-08, 23:45   Link #4
Yotsuba
芸術は爆発だ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasano View Post
Romance with drama? Well I guess 2 animes come to mind Toradora & Peach Girl.

Toradora is more balanced out in terms of other aspects of the series like comedy, and while the cast slightly haremish(moe) at least to me it didn't really give out that impression enough for me to regarding in the same category as things like Love hina.

Peach Girl is shoujo, and to be honest the drama was too much for me, but at least the characters were good themselves.

And as for manga Nana to Kaoru is an echhi romance comedy

Sorry! I've watched ToraDora, but I DID love it. I also read Peach Girl when I was little, but I'll try Nana to Kaoru. Thank you!
Old 2009-07-09, 21:53   Link #5
Innocent
Moe Moe Kyun!

Aishiteru ze Baby is something like lovely complex.
Old 2009-07-11, 04:59   Link #6
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Manga
Otomen
Baby Love
Nadeshiko Club
Oresama Teacher
Otomentaru

anime
Skip Beat!
Itazura na Kiss
Nodame Cantabile
Saiunkoku Monogatari
Kare Kano

I hope these help ^__^
Old 2009-07-11, 14:34   Link #7
libba
nepenthes rajah

I know it's not really a romance, but Full Metal Panic has an excellent romantic subplot between two main characters. No harem, interesting strong personalities, sometimes funny, sometimes dramatic...
Old 2009-07-11, 23:40   Link #8
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
If you like Honey and Clover, you'll probably like Maison Ikkoku
Old 2009-07-11, 23:44   Link #9
Theowne
耳をすませば

Take a look at Whisper of the Heart, a Ghibli film unlike most other Ghibli films.

Maison Ikkoku and my recent discovery Touch are both wonderful classics of the romance/comedy, but they probably have more comedy than you would prefer.

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Closed Thread