AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-03-06, 02:33   Link #1
Dopeskills
Thigh Master

Send a message via ICQ to Dopeskills Send a message via AIM to Dopeskills Send a message via MSN to Dopeskills
Roomates

My roomate hasn't realized yet that the whole country western thing isn't cool in New Jersey

pic

Anyway, for those of you who have (or have had) roomates, what has your experience been? Do you like having roomates?

Me and my roomate actually get along suprisingly well even though I thought he was a dork at first. And I've gotten him hooked on anime.

Last edited by Dopeskills; 2004-03-06 at 04:07.
Dopeskills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-06, 07:51   Link #2
Motoko
オウーアー おあう

Send a message via AIM to Motoko Send a message via MSN to Motoko
Haha great pic. Bet he likes Cowboy Bebop? lol
Motoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-06, 10:18   Link #3
Forse
r00t for life

This is one of the reasons why I live alone =)
Forse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-06, 12:11   Link #4
Kurara
Ningyou Hime

Send a message via ICQ to Kurara Send a message via AIM to Kurara Send a message via MSN to Kurara
Heh.. I don't think I could stand living with a room mate, no matter who they were.
Kurara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-06, 12:34   Link #5
Kira
Yeah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurara
Heh.. I don't think I could stand living with a room mate, no matter who they were.

Why not? I think its a great experience
Kira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-06, 12:38   Link #6
Kurara
Ningyou Hime

Send a message via ICQ to Kurara Send a message via AIM to Kurara Send a message via MSN to Kurara
I don't know.. ^^;; If the person was my boyfriend, I could.. But otherwise I couldn't. Even if that person was my best friend I don't think I could. Aside from my boyfriend, it seems like I can't stay with a person over 5-6 hours without feeling overwhelmed. I don't know how to explain. x.x;;
Old 2004-03-06, 12:47   Link #7
Dopeskills
Thigh Master

Send a message via ICQ to Dopeskills Send a message via AIM to Dopeskills Send a message via MSN to Dopeskills
Once you get used to eachother's differences and set rules (for cleaning and stuff) its not too bad. I have a lot more fun living with my roomates than with my family.
Dopeskills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-06, 12:57   Link #8
Kurara
Ningyou Hime

I guess it depends what type of personality you have.. Some people I know had problems with all of their past roommates so they just went back to live with their family. However, some people I know get along with anyone they meet. It's not that I think I wouldn't get along with anyone.. I'm just not a very sociable person. And I somehow.. Wouldn't feel safe in a way. I don't know how to explain, like I said. Maybe I just have an avoidant personality..

I've heard pretty funny roommate stories. ^^;; As well as some... More disturbing ones. [ One of my friend had a .. perverted roommate ] But some people seem to get along with their roommates very well too.
Old 2004-03-06, 16:13   Link #9
Lord Akuma
Fallen Angel

Send a message via MSN to Lord Akuma Send a message via Yahoo to Lord Akuma
lol He didn't look that bad. I mean, I've seen worse *stiffles a laugh* And beside sI don't judge people by what they look like.
Lord Akuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-06, 20:15   Link #10
Seelenfang

It' my second try to life in a flat share, the first kept for four years, the reason why he moved out was, he knocked up his girlfriend after one month
Now I'm living with 2 other guys and its better then livin alone, cause when u want to talk, there is nearly always someone there and when I want to be alone I shut my door. The second advantage is that it's cheaper and I won't have to pay for my dsl alone...

so long
Seelenfang
Seelenfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-06, 21:28   Link #11
kamij0

as long as my roommate dun smell or does anything weird , he's acceptable
kamij0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-06, 21:32   Link #12
Bun-kun
Liberal Screamer

Send a message via AIM to Bun-kun
common now guys we can make fun of the way people look. I'm sure most of us are weird lookin to others. but the whole roommate thing, yeah I had a couple of roommates in my time, but I a total neat freak so most roommate tend to get annoyed with me after a while ^_^ now I live alone
Bun-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-07, 15:47   Link #13
Arkzein
Veritas Vincet

I had a rather interesting roommate about two years ago for a brief time in Oxford. He was studying Theology and Philosophy there I *think* which, while I have never studied sadly (I releaised far too late to change), I did have a vested interest in. Never before have I had such mind boggling discussions late into the night when i added my basic knowledge of physics into the fray. If the universe was this and that, time space cones and what lay outside them in a theoretical 5th dimension where, as we saw it, god could "live" in all space and all time and possibly alter it as we do the physical world, how the human mind is able to understand concepts of infinity and complete emptyness, but unable to actually imagine them, about the "religion gene" that was supposedly found at that time which explained why we all believe in something, or have an opinion in regards to religion at least, on and on and on it went.

Shame I didn't stay in contact with him, but then we did get mistaken for a couple on a few ocassions, which wouldn't have left me too well off with my parents back then had word reached them. In any case I hope that I get roommates/flat block mates even half as interesting as that when I attend Uni, though I fear I'll end up in a small space with only horny 4 track minded straight men at uni. (Food, sex, sleep, beer if you'll allow me one stereotype for most young men )
Arkzein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-07, 16:27   Link #14
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Roomate? sounds cool.... except if the guy is a stoner/junkie

or doesnt listen to what anyone says.
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-09, 10:59   Link #15
Spectral Ambience
n00bie

I went to a small art & photography school for 2 years in Philly, and their dorming system was set up at an apartment complex nearby. They would house 4 students per apartment. Nice apartments, too. My roommate experiences were a combination of good and bad.

1st year, I lived with one other art student and 2 photo students. The art girl left after the first week...she was too home sick. So then another photo student moved in. I would go home on the weekends and they usually stuck around and had parties.......managed to break the toilet into 3 pieces (the tank, not the bowl thank god....). I kid you not.
Spectral Ambience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-09, 11:34   Link #16
Motoko
オウーアー おあう

Send a message via AIM to Motoko Send a message via MSN to Motoko
How the heck they manage that?
Motoko is offline   Reply With Quote