AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-08-23, 02:13   Link #1201
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Could someone tell me why I can't see anyone's sig? And how I can?
In your profile options under Thread Display Options. Make sure the boxes in the first section are checked.
Old 2008-08-23, 02:31   Link #1202
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
In your profile options under Thread Display Options. Make sure the boxes in the first section are checked.
Ah, thanks.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-24, 00:20   Link #1203
Intranetusa
Pedites Extraordinarii

My question is:

Is this show really that great?

I watched the first 2 episodes and I was bored out of my mind, not to mention I hated the cliched animation style (giant bug eyed cutsie characters).

But since it has a very high rating on animenewsnetwork, that means a lot of people must really like it.

So what makes this show great? Does the plot get really good later on or something?

btw, I HATED Gundam Seed...and this reminds me of Gundam Seed. =/ So would I still like Code Geass?
Intranetusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-24, 00:26   Link #1204
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

You're hardly going to get a feel for it two episodes in. Yes, it does get better later on.
Old 2008-08-24, 00:57   Link #1205
Intranetusa
Pedites Extraordinarii

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
You're hardly going to get a feel for it two episodes in. Yes, it does get better later on.
When you say better, do you mean like 'Cowboy Bebop/Death Note quality' better, or the 'most interesting part of Gundam Seed' better?
Old 2008-08-24, 01:00   Link #1206
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intranetusa View Post
When you say better, do you mean like 'Cowboy Bebop/Death Note quality' better, or the 'most interesting part of Gundam Seed' better?
As I've never seen the latter, or most of the Gundam series for that matter, I'd say the former.
Old 2008-08-24, 01:22   Link #1207
Verist
KDF Kallen Defense Force

Quote:
My question is:

Is this show really that great?

I watched the first 2 episodes and I was bored out of my mind, not to mention I hated the cliched animation style (giant bug eyed cutsie characters).

But since it has a very high rating on animenewsnetwork, that means a lot of people must really like it.

So what makes this show great? Does the plot get really good later on or something?

btw, I HATED Gundam Seed...and this reminds me of Gundam Seed. =/ So would I still like Code Geass?
Maybe you just don't like it. What are we supposed to do? Convince you its good? It is a highly rated and popular show, but if you don't like it that is on you. You were bored and hated the art, just stay away from the series.
Old 2008-08-24, 01:27   Link #1208
Intranetusa
Pedites Extraordinarii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verist View Post
Maybe you just don't like it. What are we supposed to do? Convince you its good? It is a highly rated and popular show, but if you don't like it that is on you. You were bored and hated the art, just stay away from the series.

I didn't like the beginning of of Honey & Clover or Fullmetal Alchemist, but I got hooked by the later episodes.

I didn't like the cutsie style animation of Code Geass, but I'll be willing to give put that aside and give it another try if the show gets much better later on in terms of characters and plot.
Old 2008-08-24, 01:35   Link #1209
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
I didn't like the beginning of of Honey & Clover or Fullmetal Alchemist, but I got hooked by the later episodes.

I didn't like the cutsie style animation of Code Geass, but I'll be willing to give put that aside and give it another try if the show gets much better later on in terms of characters and plot.
Yeah, I'd definitely say give the show at least a few more episodes. And if you do decide to watch the whole thing, well, get ready for some emotional drama. But also some kickass action/battle scenes to boot!
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-24, 01:49   Link #1210
Verist
KDF Kallen Defense Force

Quote:

Ok, but it is hard to recommend something to someone if you don't know anything about them, but you listing some shows that you enjoyed is a step in the right direction. I like this show better than than FMA personally. I feel the show works well in the "grey" area as there is no clear cut right or wrong. I tend to find that type of conflict enjoyable. Unless you are so inundated with other options, I can't imagine not giving this series a try.
Old 2008-08-24, 02:00   Link #1211
Intranetusa
Pedites Extraordinarii

Ok then, I'll give it another try.

btw, should I watch the english dub version on adult swim or the original Japanese subtitles?

Note, I'm not particularly picky when it comes to dubs or subs, but I'd prefer the dubbing if it's on the same quality as say Cowboy Bebop.
Old 2008-08-24, 02:06   Link #1212
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
It's not, watch the sub
Sprite_Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-24, 02:12   Link #1213
aurr
Kalulu sorceress - lvl 4

You'll only miss a Best Main Actor 2007 winner and a Best Actress in supporting role. Also, while the dub has some funny lines that the jap don't have, i suggest the original,
aurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-24, 02:36   Link #1214
Intranetusa
Pedites Extraordinarii

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurr View Post
You'll only miss a Best Main Actor 2007 winner and a Best Actress in supporting role. Also, while the dub has some funny lines that the jap don't have, i suggest the original,
Are you saying I should watch the dub for the best main actor & actresses and for the jokes, or stick to the original sub?
Old 2008-08-24, 02:41   Link #1215
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
the sub the sub THE SUB. The guy that plays Lelouch in the dub is the same guy that plays Ichigo from Bleach I just hate how he talks
Sprite_Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-24, 05:41   Link #1216
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Sub, all the way.
I agree with Sprite_Coke, that guy is annoying as hell when he talks
Old 2008-08-24, 11:32   Link #1217
Intranetusa
Pedites Extraordinarii

lol, yeh I noticed that too. I'll go watch the sub
Old 2008-08-24, 11:44   Link #1218
aurr
Kalulu sorceress - lvl 4

The sub has all the good actors not dub.
aurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-25, 18:58   Link #1219
yuchan

I've wondered for a while about what exactly is Kaguya's role in the Black Knights. Aside from being Zero's "Wife". Does she have any real power? In this last episode she met with Schniezel and co. Is she one of the leaders and decision makers of the BK?

Another question, who is the purple haired guy with the glasses? I can't remember him for anything.
yuchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-25, 19:00   Link #1220
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuchan View Post
I've wondered for a while about what exactly is Kaguya's role in the Black Knights. Aside from being Zero's "Wife". Does she have any real power? In this last episode she met with Schniezel and co. Is she one of the leaders and decision makers of the BK?

Another question, who is the purple haired guy with the glasses? I can't remember him for anything.
She's the Supreme Council Chairwoman of the UFN and the representative for Japan.

The purple-haired guy is Yoshitaka Minami.

Tags
q&a