AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-05-23, 18:08   Link #1
cercia_highelf
Virtue

Inuyasha yaoi

Read some Inuyasha yaoi reviews here:
http://www.interq.or.jp/tokyo/antique/yinu.html
Old 2004-05-23, 19:18   Link #2
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

uh, is this even allowed????
...yaoi is my kryptonite...it kills me...blech >_<
Old 2004-05-23, 20:40   Link #3
SirCanealot
What? I am washed up!

Send a message via MSN to SirCanealot
Those reviews are brilliant. BRILLIANT!!!
Old 2004-05-23, 21:46   Link #4
7thMethuselah

Why did I just read that? The last shred of respect that Miroku had for me is now completely gone
Anyway, this is bad, don't read it kids!
Old 2004-05-24, 03:55   Link #5
Sledeau

Yaoi is disgusting. The reviews suck. They were poorly written. Read the reviews. Find what is similar in my post compared to the reviews.
Old 2004-05-24, 06:23   Link #6
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com

I'm not a fan of yaoi, but man, the cover for the first doujin reviewed there is very nice. If only Rumiko Takahashi could manage art like that. Instead, she draws line art with her pen up her ass.
Old 2004-05-24, 08:01   Link #7
Ending

Quote:
Instead, she draws line art with her pen up her ass.
LMAO, naughty Snoopy; now I have this evil mental image in my mind...
Old 2004-05-24, 11:17   Link #8
Angela Sanctisstessa
I'm a boy..K?

Send a message via ICQ to Angela Sanctisstessa Send a message via MSN to Angela Sanctisstessa Send a message via Yahoo to Angela Sanctisstessa
watta crap??? i think the original one is far more better
Old 2004-05-24, 11:20   Link #9
Angela Sanctisstessa
I'm a boy..K?

Send a message via ICQ to Angela Sanctisstessa Send a message via MSN to Angela Sanctisstessa Send a message via Yahoo to Angela Sanctisstessa
which series is aoyama motoko from..i'd never heard of her...(no better than an anime jakun)
Old 2004-05-24, 17:30   Link #10
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com

You think the original one is far better? The artwork!? SERIOUSLY? Takahashi is a good storyteller but a mediocre artist at the very best. Character designs all start with a basic head and change with markings and hairstyles. Look at it sometime. It's pure crap. And that wouldn't be so bad if she hadn't been doing this for like 30 fucking years. Normally people who can't draw team up with artists who can't tell stories, but nooooo someone somewhere convinced Takahashi that she was somehow a good artist or something.

And man, learn to edit posts. You have two there from a 3 minute period and that just makes you look stupid.
Old 2004-05-24, 19:11   Link #11
Kyuven

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy
You think the original one is far better? The artwork!? SERIOUSLY? Takahashi is a good storyteller but a mediocre artist at the very best. Character designs all start with a basic head and change with markings and hairstyles. Look at it sometime. It's pure crap. And that wouldn't be so bad if she hadn't been doing this for like 30 fucking years. Normally people who can't draw team up with artists who can't tell stories, but nooooo someone somewhere convinced Takahashi that she was somehow a good artist or something.

And man, learn to edit posts. You have two there from a 3 minute period and that just makes you look stupid.
you know the saying "you can't teach an old dog new tricks?" i think that applies to Takahashi
my biggest gripe with her (her art style may be crude, but it's recognizable) is that EVERY.SINGLE.ONE of her main characters are incredibly stubborn and most of the situational stories revolve around one misunderstanding or another (much like love hina, but they don't dwell on it for 30 minutes like Takahashi's characters do, one quick naru punch/Motoko cut and all is forgotten) lemme break it down a lil:
Urusei Yatsura:
Ataru: Stubborn pervert, for over 100 eps. of the anime and several movies, he almost never acknowledges is feelings for Lum, poor Lum
Lum: She doesn't ditch the wacko and find someone who'll appreciate her and not try to steal her underwear...
Maiison Ikkoku:
Kyoko and Yusaku: these two are so incredibly dense to each other's feelings (well, Yusaku isn't so much...) that i really start to wonder what direction the next volume will take (part of what keeps me reading)
Ranma 1/2:
Ahhh the legendary stubborn characters
Ranma: he's a carbon copy of Ataru without the perversion
Akane: She's violent and doesn't think for even a second before kicking the crap out of Ranma (you REALLY gotta feel for these male protagonists...)
Ryoga, Kuno, and the rest of the supporting cast: just that their persistance is borderline obsession, about the only one that isn't completely nuts is Ukyo (kinda sad when you can consider cross dressing "normal")
Inu Yasha:
Inuyasha: this guy has more similarities to Ranma than i can begin to count, and doesn't realize that this girl hanging around him has the hots for him
Kagome: she's...just dense...the least developed female protagonist i've ever seen...they gave her the ability to shoot arrows...but she's still a weakling compared to...SHIPPOU (he can turn into stuff!)
Sango and Miroku: it's just sad that these are the most mature characters in the series and they spend more time feeling each other up (Miroku) and slapping each other (sango) than Inuyasha spends killing demons
oh an Aoyama Motoko is from Love Hina

Last edited by Kyuven; 2004-05-24 at 19:24.
Old 2004-05-26, 19:04   Link #12
Yogo_Pogo
A laughing demonic Skull

The art was better in Ranma then in Inu Yasha in the manga, it makes me think that inu yasha was made earlier or that Takahashi got problems.

Kyuven: I love your avatar, who's in it?
Old 2004-05-27, 21:09   Link #13
ubb

hurray for avatars with phallic symbols!
Old 2004-05-29, 17:45   Link #14
cercia_highelf
Virtue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogo_Pogo
The art was better in Ranma then in Inu Yasha in the manga, it makes me think that inu yasha was made earlier or that Takahashi got problems.

It's the new game "My Fair Angel" by E-Go! Japan. Artist: Yamamoto Kazue
Old 2004-05-29, 22:34   Link #15
Kyuven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogo_Pogo

Cercia...i believe he/she was addressing me
my avatar is from Kono Minikuku mo Utsukushii Sekai, a new anime by Gainax
the character is Akari (same as in my sig)
it's bizarre but Inuyasha began in 1996, and Ranma began in 1984, and i agree Ranma's art is better
and i think Maiison Ikkoku's art (from before ranma, but after Urusei Yatsura) is Takahashi's best, even if it was a little rough around the edges (literally)
Old 2004-05-30, 01:26   Link #16
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com

Agreed. I'll give her credit for taking like absolutely no breaks (In the past year she's taken a week off maybe once...), and I hear that she always turns her chapters in before the deadlines, but her art is just bad. It's the same phenominon as the HxH art (without the shitty sickness excuse), only it's a gradual crappification over like a decade. Her backgrounds aren't too bad, but literally everything else is below the average level of the art in Shounen Sunday. Coloring is pure crap (Inuyasha's red robe is monotone red... no shadows or highlights at all), her line art isn't precise anymore, all of her characters use the same exact head shape aside from the really unique ones (like fat people or non-humans), even the objects aren't of the same quality as they are in her previous work.
Old 2004-05-30, 19:15   Link #17
Ero-Sannin

Send a message via MSN to Ero-Sannin
SICK SICK SICK SICK SICK...

i already hate inuyasha, the only reason i watched 126 episodes of that series was because of sesshoumaru..

Now that i read that review, i m gonna have to use some hardcore drug to go to sleep tonight,

if you didn't read the review but you wannah have an idea of what i saw in the reviews so you wont be able to sleep for the next 72 hours read the 'spoiler'..
Spoiler:
Old 2004-05-30, 19:33   Link #18
Kyuven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Sannin
SICK SICK SICK SICK SICK...

i already hate inuyasha, the only reason i watched 126 episodes of that series was because of sesshoumaru..

Now that i read that review, i m gonna have to use some hardcore drug to go to sleep tonight,

if you didn't read the review but you wannah have an idea of what i saw in the reviews so you wont be able to sleep for the next 72 hours read the 'spoiler'..
Spoiler:
i go to school with some of these kinds of "sick fucks"...it's sad...some of them have mental problems...
Old 2004-05-31, 14:32   Link #19
Angela Sanctisstessa
I'm a boy..K?

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy

hey..different people got different taste and perception right?
thou no flaming here...come on can't you give poor Takahashi a damn chance to improve?
Old 2004-05-31, 17:00   Link #20
Kyuven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela Sanctisstessa
hey..different people got different taste and perception right?
thou no flaming here...come on can't you give poor Takahashi a damn chance to improve?
..i'm sorry i have to agree with snoopy on this one
Takahashi was making anime/manga before many of us were even BORN, and her style has actually gotten worse/hasn't changed
her age is beginning to show, sadly
she can still tell a story, but drawing...eeeehhhhh
Closed Thread