AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-08-04, 17:56   Link #1841
ChampDream
Alive

so they fail to kill the creature and now it look like they are exhausted, so I expect help to appear next chapter
Old 2013-08-04, 18:30   Link #1842
Breimoon

wonder if the fanalis recovered his ruth and is ready for some action.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 19:43   Link #1843
shalala

Chapter in it self was okays. Still waiting on back up to arrive seeing how all the dark Djinns have now formed into one "thing". Sooo lady Magi should call for backup.

Also has anyone seen the new Magi S2 trailer? Its pretty much got the least war chapters animated. Titus is in it and so is Kouen. Looks pretty cool but hopfully they wouldn't need to change anything other then adding Alibaba's 6 months training. Given how S1 turned out to be. Still bummed they didn't inclued the fat Alibaba and Aliddin scenes.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 20:38   Link #1844
CBredbeard
Banned

This is so trite. I would have been satisfied with the Djinn-users giving it their all and dealing enough damage to allow Aladdin to finish off whatever was left. Frankly, they should have already ran out of magoi. We'd seen before that Djinn-equip while very powerful is very taxing on the user, even on someone that has alot of magoi like Sinbad.

En and Alibaba run into and out of a volcano to recharge shouldn't have happened. I mean, since when has that been a thing? The rules were that you fill your metal vessel up with magoi by carrying it and you use your magoi to cast spells with it. You could refill your vessel only once with an outside source.

Point in case, Sinbad was completely exhausted after using his Extreme Magic on the Al Tharem guy that screwed up Balbaad's economy. Mu could only Djinn Equip for a minute before running out of juice. Kouha could only take on a few Black Djinn before being on his last leg.

This was a nice balancing act that allowed Djinn-users to be really powerful and do amazing things, but didn't make everyone else in the manga completely irrelevant.

What should have happened was instead of En creating a volcano to supply him with an endless supply of magoi, he should have used the volcano to super charge his personal supply of magoi and then using all of that in one go to destroy the Medium's barrier.

And then En would be out of the fight and everyone else would have to take care of what's left.

At any rate, it seems like they'll need to somehow stop the medium from absorbing magic from it's surrounding. Either somehow use up all the magic in an area or move it to location that doesn't have any.
CBredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 21:18   Link #1845
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
The main problem now is we have a monster that can drain magoi from the elements its surrounded in, so starving it of magoi is easier said than done, unless you launch it to space somehow... And I'm not sure the "Cars" solution is viable in this case.
Old 2013-08-04, 21:19   Link #1846
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
The main problem now is we have a monster that can drain magoi from the elements its surrounded in, so starving it of magoi is easier said than done, unless you launch it to space somehow...
Like, for example, on a giant piece of earth torn out of the ground?
Old 2013-08-04, 22:59   Link #1847
Diveman

So when are the fannalis coming to wreck shit up?

also can they win already? It feels like they've been fighting this thing like forever.
Diveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 23:04   Link #1848
CBredbeard
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
The main problem now is we have a monster that can drain magoi from the elements its surrounded in, so starving it of magoi is easier said than done, unless you launch it to space somehow... And I'm not sure the "Cars" solution is viable in this case.
You don't need to send it into space, all you need is a vacuum. A big, dark vacuum.

If they could trap it inside of a barrier to keep the Rukh out (Aladdin could probably do this) pull all of the air out of it (Hakuei could do this), and then keep it away from the barrier or at least limit it's contact with it, they could smack it around until it falls over and dies (everyone else).

What I don't understand is that they're dealing some pretty nasty body blows to that thing and it's only getting stronger? I wouldn't be bothered if it seemed like it was actually getting weaker, but it was able to outlast them. Because Djinn-Equip drains your stamina and magoi very quickly. Assuming that is still a rule...
Old 2013-08-05, 03:54   Link #1849
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBredbeard View Post
This is so trite. I would have been satisfied with the Djinn-users giving it their all and dealing enough damage to allow Aladdin to finish off whatever was left. Frankly, they should have already ran out of magoi. We'd seen before that Djinn-equip while very powerful is very taxing on the user, even on someone that has alot of magoi like Sinbad.

En and Alibaba run into and out of a volcano to recharge shouldn't have happened. I mean, since when has that been a thing? The rules were that you fill your metal vessel up with magoi by carrying it and you use your magoi to cast spells with it. You could refill your vessel only once with an outside source.

Point in case, Sinbad was completely exhausted after using his Extreme Magic on the Al Tharem guy that screwed up Balbaad's economy. Mu could only Djinn Equip for a minute before running out of juice. Kouha could only take on a few Black Djinn before being on his last leg.
Remember, by the time Sindbad used his equip to finish the Al Tharmen guy, he has wrestled with the black Djinn using magoi manipulation, where he already took significant damage. He was also stabbed in the back a few times as well as channelling some of his magoi to Alibaba's sword, all seen in Ch.70.

Besides, I don't believe Sindbad used his extreme magic to kill that guy, simply because we didn't see that eight pointed star magic circle. The author probably didn't show Sindbad use his extreme magic to show how exhausted he and/or because Sindbad didn't want to reveal his extreme magic to Al Tharmen.
Another reason is that she just didn't want to reveal it just yet, she already did the same with Hakuei in earlier chapters. If Hakuei just used Djinn equip, she could have easily slaughtered Ryousai's army.

About recharging the metal vessel, the only recharge I remember was in Balbadd with Aladdin charging Alibaba's sword. How I understand the recharging process is that by recharging a metal vessel is sucking up all magoi within a certain area that has the same element. In Kouen's case, he artificially created a volcano and when he was recharging, a circular area is seen where he absorbs magoi.
The volcano is very different from Aladdin's magic, since heat magic has to be cast by Aladdin and once he stops, the magoi source will stop as well. The volcano however 'replenishes' its magoi on its own, since the lava that lost it's magoi will make way for new lava coming from underground and thus new magoi, allowing for recharge again.
Old 2013-08-05, 04:19   Link #1850
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Another reason is that she just didn't want to reveal it just yet, she already did the same with Hakuei in earlier chapters. If Hakuei just used Djinn equip, she could have easily slaughtered Ryousai's army.
Chances are the author still hadn't come up with the concept of extreme magic at the time. Most likely the same happened with Hakuei's Djinn equip.
Old 2013-08-05, 06:05   Link #1851
CBredbeard
Banned

Quote:
About recharging the metal vessel, the only recharge I remember was in Balbadd with Aladdin charging Alibaba's sword. How I understand the recharging process is that by recharging a metal vessel is sucking up all magoi within a certain area that has the same element. In Kouen's case, he artificially created a volcano and when he was recharging, a circular area is seen where he absorbs magoi.
Sinbad said you could only recharge a metal vessel once using that method. That was a rule that existed until Kouha's magician entourage declared that they would refill his vessel. Even then, Kouha was getting his butt kicked and on his last legs when Alibaba came in to save him.

For whatever reason the author is ignoring the rules she's established. That's pretty much the beginning of the end for a story when the writer begins retconning things for her convenience.

And it wasn't necessary. She could have made a new rule or slightly bent them for metal vessels. She could have expanded their use. Like instead of recharging just the one time, you can overcharge it to power one attack that exceeds that of an extreme magic. En could have done this with the volcano and after using it, he could switch over to another vessel.

Later on, the party could hit a road block and that's when Alibaba decides to try it and over charge his vessel using the volcano En created. Instead of a 'meh' tag tag team, we'd have Alibaba save the day using a suped up version of his extreme magic for it's debut, not having to share the spot light with anyone.

You could even make a rule that using this method risks destroying the vessel and harming the user for extra drama and to deter the flagrant use of this technique.
Old 2013-08-05, 07:06   Link #1852
Awrya
U mad?

You're probably thinking about this:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Note that while Sindbad says that it's possible to use existing elements, it's Alibaba's thought after using this method that it can only be used once. This thought is based on what he experienced earlier, when Amon absorbed all the flames Alibaba created. With no other flames around and exhausting his oil supply, this method is something he can 'only use once', unlike the volcano where new lava keeps flowing out.

The rules she established aren't set in stone by narration (herself), but are set by the characters based on what they have experienced so far.
Sindbad only mentioned existing elements in nature and not magic because
a) Alibaba doesn't have access to them since at that time Aladdin was unconscious and didn't know magic or
b) Sindbad himself didn't know that.
Then Alibaba absorbed Aladdin's heat magic to restore his sword.

Strange thought, if Kouha can manage to absorb magoi from earth's gravity, assuming it uses the 7th type, would he have an unlimited supply of magoi?
Old 2013-08-05, 07:27   Link #1853
CBredbeard
Banned

Quote:
You're probably thinking about this:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Note that while Sindbad says that it's possible to use existing elements, it's Alibaba's thought after using this method that it can only be used once. This thought is based on what he experienced earlier, when Amon absorbed all the flames Alibaba created. With no other flames around and exhausting his oil supply, this method is something he can 'only use once', unlike the volcano where new lava keeps flowing out.

The rules she established aren't set in stone by narration (herself), but are set by the characters based on what they have experienced so far.
Sindbad only mentioned existing elements in nature and not magic because
a) Alibaba doesn't have access to them since at that time Aladdin was unconscious and didn't know magic or
b) Sindbad himself didn't know that.
Then Alibaba absorbed Aladdin's heat magic to restore his sword.

Strange thought, if Kouha can manage to absorb magoi from earth's gravity, assuming it uses the 7th type, would he have an unlimited supply of magoi?
Ah, I see. That makes sense. He was referring to the oil. That just seemed strange to me that we'd learn about this other method and then he thinks he can only use it once, implying that if he stumbled upon an open flame somewhere in the palace it wouldn't have helped him any.

It wasn't clear what he meant exactly since he seemed to think in absolute terms, rather than practically.
Old 2013-08-19, 20:16   Link #1854
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

I knew it, there was no way the bitch was only 48 years old.
Old 2013-08-19, 22:28   Link #1855
Kirihara_R

Spoiler for ...:
Kirihara_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-19, 23:39   Link #1856
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxd22 View Post
Spoiler for ...:
i saw the spoiler and I was like WTF!!!, thier enemy is really strong
Old 2013-08-20, 00:50   Link #1857
marvelB

Wow, now THIS is epic.

Spoiler for Magi 193:
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-20, 00:57   Link #1858
ellifeedn
Thinker

Spoiler:
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-20, 01:49   Link #1859
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Wow, now THIS is epic.

Spoiler for Magi 193:
Yeah, but also what happened to the predecessor to Aladdin.

Spoiler:
Old 2013-08-20, 04:26   Link #1860
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Aladdin is not a part of that rule, so is the other.
Spoiler:
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, licensed, manga, shounen