AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Old 2007-10-10, 18:20   Link #1121
Takuto19
Yarrrr

Wow, i didn't bother too much about them being 4:3 but never realised it crops out so much, now i wanna get the 16:9 ones when they come out =/
Takuto19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 22:45   Link #1122
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Quote:
Originally Posted by nani View Post
Just found this in another forum, comparisons between 4:3 and 16:9 screens:

http://smallassassin.blog67.fc2.com/...ntry-1282.html

sample 1
sample 2
sample 3
And this is the reason why I am annoyed at TBS... >=[ They should have just aired the premiere on BS-i and then had the replay in 4:3... *sighs*
boggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-12, 12:33   Link #1123
yupyupyup

I just start watching this series this week. Seem like a good one! I'm downloading Eclipse mkv. Does anyone know if any subbed 16:9 version available?
yupyupyup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-12, 13:45   Link #1124
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yupyupyup View Post
I just start watching this series this week. Seem like a good one! I'm downloading Eclipse mkv. Does anyone know if any subbed 16:9 version available?
Go back a page, and you'll find out what you want.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=1114
Old 2007-10-12, 14:31   Link #1125
Tiberium Wolf

I have just look at Animenano and there seems tons of blogs that are blogging clannad. Kinda excessive. Even one posted a pic of vending machines selling can or something with clannad pics in it.
Old 2007-10-12, 18:51   Link #1126
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Okay, MBS will be airing their broadcast tonight (Tokyo-time), so we may soon see a widescreen RAW out. And if it's a downscaled HD broadcast, I will still be waiting for the true-HD version by BS-i... unless MHD-versions are released and are of awesome quality.

The waiting will be the hardest part. T_T
Old 2007-10-12, 22:43   Link #1127
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggart View Post
Okay, MBS will be airing their broadcast tonight (Tokyo-time), so we may soon see a widescreen RAW out. And if it's a downscaled HD broadcast, I will still be waiting for the true-HD version by BS-i... unless MHD-versions are released and are of awesome quality.
I'd love to be proven wrong, but I'm pretty sure that all channels except BS-i will air the pan & scan version. This is just like what happened with Polyphonica this past spring, where TBS, MBS, and CBC all aired 4:3, and only BS-i aired the 16:9 version. This also happened with Hidamari Sketch and Asatte no Houkou. You're probably thinking that there might be a chance since MBS aired Shakugan no Shana II in widescreen, but the difference there is that it was never destined for BS-i (and TBS wasn't one of the main producers).

Like I said, I'd love to be proven wrong, but I'm pretty sure there'll be no widescreen until BS-i. And I'm also pretty sure (from past history) that the BS-i version will be "MHD" or worse. (I've never seen BS-i air an anime in HD.) I think the only "True HD" version of this show will be the eventual Blu-Ray/HD DVD set.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-12, 23:36   Link #1128
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I'd love to be proven wrong, but I'm pretty sure that all channels except BS-i will air the pan & scan version. This is just like what happened with Polyphonica this past spring, where TBS, MBS, and CBC all aired 4:3, and only BS-i aired the 16:9 version. This also happened with Hidamari Sketch and Asatte no Houkou. You're probably thinking that there might be a chance since MBS aired Shakugan no Shana II in widescreen, but the difference there is that it was never destined for BS-i (and TBS wasn't one of the main producers).

Like I said, I'd love to be proven wrong, but I'm pretty sure there'll be no widescreen until BS-i. And I'm also pretty sure (from past history) that the BS-i version will be "MHD" or worse. (I've never seen BS-i air an anime in HD.) I think the only "True HD" version of this show will be the eventual Blu-Ray/HD DVD set.
Yeah I was basing it off of the SnS2 broadcast... but if it's as you say, then it's another 2 weeks wait for me then. BS-i's MHD/true-HD version should be good anyway and it will be worth the wait for me. It just means I have to watch out for spoilers and can't participate in episode discussions until later... T_T

Regardless, I've put in an order for the DVDs so I'll eventually get some decent quality 16:9 works anyway, even if its not HD.
Old 2007-10-13, 05:50   Link #1129
sellchest

The 16:9 edition will come out in Oct 25
sellchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-13, 06:18   Link #1130
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Quote:
Originally Posted by sellchest View Post
The 16:9 edition will come out in Oct 25
Thank you for pointing out what we have already discussed many times before, as Kyoto Animation have already confirmed that BS-i will broadcast in 16:9.

What we were trying to suss out was whether MBS or CBC will broadcast it in widescreen as well. But judging from relentlessflame's post, it doesn't seem likely as TBS had production rights to CLANNAD, whereas SnSII did not and was not destined for BS-i in the first place, thus its premiere on MBS was in widescreen.
Old 2007-10-13, 14:26   Link #1131
velocity7

MBS schedule already shows "S" only, no "HD". There will be no widescreen coming from them.
Old 2007-10-14, 12:18   Link #1132
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

I've been wondering, can Sanae's bread ever reach the "invincible" level of Akiko's jam?

As things stand right now, Akiko's jam wins hands down, because Akiko can keep her composure while she can silence even the most unfamiliar of strangers after trying her jam. Sanae cannot even keep a stranger like Tomoya from criticizing her bread, and then runs off sobbing.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-14, 17:10   Link #1133
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

LOL... I think Akiko's Jam wins by a long shot (as far as I can tell for now).

I mean come on... what's scarier than eating that freaky golden gooey stuff??? Maybe eating it on Sanae's bread?? :O
Old 2007-10-14, 18:49   Link #1134
Child_of_Sierra

Akiko's jam on Sanae's bread = WIN and trip to the clinic

I hope we get to see more of Sanae though, compared to the relative small part akiko had (screenwise) in Kanon
Old 2007-10-15, 14:00   Link #1135
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

If anyone is wondering where I vanished to with Clannad. I've just decided I'm on a bit of a KyoAni burnout so I'm going to download 3 or 4 eps before watching them in a batch. Then I might comment on it. After AIR and Kanon ... need something in a different style and pace before diving into a Clannad.
Old 2007-10-15, 14:27   Link #1136
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
I've been wondering, can Sanae's bread ever reach the "invincible" level of Akiko's jam?
Akiko's jam is on a whole different level.

Just compare the reaction's between Yuuichi's first time with the jam, and Tomoya's bread try.
Old 2007-10-15, 16:28   Link #1137
Zilveari
Retired(?) Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Zilveari
What's her face is sooo awesome. The kicker girl. <3 her look, her design, and her personality so far. Strong, cool, but not psychotic, mean, evil, or hardcore tsundere.

I hope she stays like this
Zilveari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-15, 22:09   Link #1138
Same_Shark

I would just like to know one thing! Am I the only person that cried during the first episode?
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-16, 05:45   Link #1139
shigure asa

Send a message via MSN to shigure asa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Same_Shark View Post
I would just like to know one thing! Am I the only person that cried during the first episode?
... ... you cried at the starting point?? oh man, by the time you get to the finish line you'll have no tears left -3-
shigure asa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-16, 19:03   Link #1140
~ Lawliet ~

Much win this is full of, as expected. So very much in fact, that I couldn't help but watch each episode twice.
~ Lawliet ~ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, key, romance, school life, seinen