AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-01-31, 14:12   Link #901
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4dzS...eature=mh_lolz

The full version of the new ED of Gundam Age. I could listen to it the entire time. Easily one my favourite songs in the franchise.
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-31, 19:26   Link #902
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Man the Gundam AGE OST really is outstanding, incredibly underappreciated at large, and I think takes the cake for my top OST of 2011 in the dying days of the year. I've got parts of so many of the songs stuck in my head. I think my favorites are tracks 6, 7 and 8 (funny how that worked out).

Six brings the tension and is basically the UE Mobile Suit theme and those last 20 or so seconds from 2:24 onward just slay me every time I listen to the track. If it kept going from there it'd probably be my flat out favorite song of the OST.

As it stands track 7 the Gundam's theme is my favorite overall track. It has all the power you'd expect from a heroic anthem and always seems to get paired with the best scenes in the show. It's been used twice now for when the Gundam first stands up in either generation. It has that Victory Gundam OST quality of somehow managing to just get better and better as the track goes on.

Track 8 I think is supposed to be Yurin's theme. It has that sort of calming feeling after the intensity of tracks 6 and 7 and as soon as it hits 0:41 in the song it just takes off from there and brings that sort of epic feel to it.

Just a really stupid good OST. Getting tons of play right now in this household along with the Skyward Sword one.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-02, 19:41   Link #903
T-T-Thunder!

Has the track playing when the Spallow's getting beaten around and chewed-up by the bits in episode 14 been released on this OST?
T-T-Thunder! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-02, 21:24   Link #904
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Honestly, I find most of the music in AGE to be pretty generic, but this one track in particular is IMO by far the best in the series (as far as serious battle tracks go)... The breakdown in the middle and at the end are especially nice...I don't know if that's a trombone I hear, but if it is that's sweeeet...I find myself just humming it at work sometimes and adding my own mental freestyle jazz to the hook parts^^...

It's pretty good huh? If you could only hear the improvements I've made to it inside my mind ;p...
Old 2012-02-03, 04:06   Link #905
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Should probably leave this here

I like~!
Old 2012-02-03, 05:17   Link #906
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Watched ep7 of Gundam SEED HD Remaster, and Shizuka no Yoru ni ~Retrack is better than the original, I'm so buying the retracks album.
Old 2012-03-15, 06:57   Link #907
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
hey guys check out this version of Invoke done by Granrodeo
http://youtu.be/
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 19:16   Link #908
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

So, I've got my hand on the OST for a while now.

Once the news about the composer had been announced before the shows airing, one thought was in my mind regarding the music in AGE, and that was how tough it was going to be for Kei Yoshikawa to make this OST live up to the level of music that the Gundam series had been at for the last 10 years now. I don't think it has to be stated how tough if an act it was going to be to follow after Turn A, SeeD/Destiny, 00, Unicorn and IGLOO OST's had been among the best of the best in the music and audio department. So now that I had a listen to it, how well did Yoshikawa-san manage to do?

Well, if I rate it on it's own, it a good OST. It's certainly not on the same level as anything that we had in the last decade from Gundam, but that is honestly an unfair comparison. It's nothing extraordinary, however I would have to put it among the better Gundam OST's I had heard, easily an 8 or 9 in my list of the best Gundam OST's.

Of course, just because the OST as a whole doesn't live up to what I had gotten used to, doesn't mean there isn't anything memorable. On the contrary, from the get go we end up with the main theme for the series, Gundam AGE ~ The hundred year old tale, is quite easily the most recognizable track and one of the few tracks I would dare to call timeless in the same vain as The Wings of a Boy that Killed Adolescence and Burning Finger theme. It manages to grasp and shows just how grand the concept of the show really is, highlights the heroic nature of the journey that is about to be taken, and doesn't feel like it over stretches the 4 minute mark. Fantastic track all in all.

The rest of the OST, I felt was decent all around except for the themes that were derived from the main track (7, 9, 12 and 27) which I liked (in fact, I love anything that has to do with the main theme of AGE). The X-rounder theme was also very nice (if short) and the 2nd track was also very good (if short as well ... seriously, WTH). Desil's track (22. The Devil Boy) was also a good theme, since it I thought managed to capture both his playful nature as a young boy as well as the creepy vibe associated with him.

I liked 16 (Slums ... I think) for the same reason as Desil's, since I thought it was a very creepy track. For battle themes, I personally loved 26 (Assault) and 28 (White Wolf, which I'm actually thinking might be my favorite theme after the first one lol and I don't really like wolf that much)

The OST also came with a booklet, which I wasn't aware off and was thus quite pleased when I found out. Shame it doesn't seem to be translated but eh what can you do.

I should also mention that the booklet comes with a commentary on each track and what the composer tries to convey through it, which I thought was really amazing and shows how much thought was placed into the making of the music in this series.

Pretty much what I might call a typical good OST.

Pictures:

In other news, the release date for the 2nd OST had been out for a while now, as well as it's cover. I plan to get it along with the first Limited BD and the other related music for the first generation (The OP, ED and Memorial Days) once it's released.

Last edited by Arabesque; 2012-04-11 at 12:16. Reason: corrected some image links; added some info
Arabesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 21:16   Link #909
garreto88

Gundam 0079 Background Music

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum, but I've enjoyed Gundam music ever since I first watched Gundam Wing when it came to the U.S.

I'm usually pretty good about being able to find the name of background music for any Gundam series, but this particular one I cannot find anything on.

It is from the Original Mobile Suit Gundam 0079 and I first heard it playing while I was in Japan, where I got to see the 1:1 scale Gundam in Odaiba.

For this, please watch the video in the link below. The song starts at roughly 2:14. I thought initially that this song was "Long Sleep" from the original OST, but I was incorrect. If anyone knows what this song is, I would greatly appreciate it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5aLLVjl5vY
garreto88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 00:47   Link #910
DV04

Anyone know the song playing in the latest AGE episode where Assemu was fighting Desil?
DV04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 12:06   Link #911
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by garreto88 View Post
Hi All,

I'm new to the forum, but I've enjoyed Gundam music ever since I first watched Gundam Wing when it came to the U.S.

I'm usually pretty good about being able to find the name of background music for any Gundam series, but this particular one I cannot find anything on.

It is from the Original Mobile Suit Gundam 0079 and I first heard it playing while I was in Japan, where I got to see the 1:1 scale Gundam in Odaiba.

For this, please watch the video in the link below. The song starts at roughly 2:14. I thought initially that this song was "Long Sleep" from the original OST, but I was incorrect. If anyone knows what this song is, I would greatly appreciate it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5aLLVjl5vY
Hi there, welcome to the forums.

I checked with the Original OST, and unless I have misheard the tracks, I don't believe that this track is on the 0079 soundtrack.

So I wanted to ask, are you sure that the music is from 0079 series? I mean after going the OST just once and comparing it with the track in the video, I can already tell that it's similar enough to be from the same composer or at least inspired from the Original Mobile Suit Gundam TV (like you said, it sounds eerily similar to Long Sleep), so if it is indeed from the series (or movies) then my best guess is that it is either an unreleased theme or if it wasn't featured in the TV anime, that it's a newly composed one for the event.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DV04 View Post
Anyone know the song playing in the latest AGE episode where Assemu was fighting Desil?
It's an unreleased track. We might get it once the second OST comes out this month.
Old 2012-04-11, 14:36   Link #912
Appel

they released some info regarding the CD releases for gundam unicorn:
http://gundamguy.blogspot.de/2012/04...nicorn-cd.html

the new soundtrack volume will have a ton of live tracks^^ im SO looking forward to that!
will be released on may 9th.
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 16:47   Link #913
teh_nubkilr
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
the new soundtrack volume will have a ton of live tracks^^ im SO looking forward to that!
will be released on may 9th.
For curious parties, the OST will cost 3360 yen. I myself am quite looking forward to its release, as well, but more so (sorry, Appel) for the Symphonic pieces .

Spoiler for Tracklisting:
teh_nubkilr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 22:35   Link #914
garreto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
Hi there, welcome to the forums.

I checked with the Original OST, and unless I have misheard the tracks, I don't believe that this track is on the 0079 soundtrack.

So I wanted to ask, are you sure that the music is from 0079 series? I mean after going the OST just once and comparing it with the track in the video, I can already tell that it's similar enough to be from the same composer or at least inspired from the Original Mobile Suit Gundam TV (like you said, it sounds eerily similar to Long Sleep), so if it is indeed from the series (or movies) then my best guess is that it is either an unreleased theme or if it wasn't featured in the TV anime, that it's a newly composed one for the event.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
It's an unreleased track. We might get it once the second OST comes out this month.
Thanks for your help. I tried to research more into it, but all I had to go on was that they used 0079 music for the event.
garreto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 00:37   Link #915
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Hm, then I guess it might be an unreleased track ... I'll try and check over the weekend by re-watching the 0079 series, and if it had been featured in the actual show (or movies) then there might be a good chance that someone might have made a fan version of it.

We shall see.
Old 2012-04-14, 11:00   Link #916
solidvanz
Special Operative

NEGOTO's sharp# Ranks 1st in Weekly Anime Charts

Continuing the stream of Mobile Suit Gundam AGE news, TOWER RECORDS' store located in Shinjuku, Tokyo has announced the weekly Top 10 anime single/album list of April 2-8. NEGOTO's second single "sharp#" is the top song for this week.

This song is Mobile Suit Gundam AGE's second opening theme. Aside from that, the CD also ranked 10th in the Oricon weekly single ranking in all genres, selling a total of 7,245 units in the first week.

Link: http://orendsrange.blogspot.com/2012...kly-anime.html
Old 2012-04-14, 21:21   Link #917
bio9205
Reborn

Speaking of AGE, does anyone know the name of the song in the AGE OST that always plays during the episode previews at the end of each episode?
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 01:52   Link #918
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

It's the very first track, Gundam AGE ~ The Hundred Year Tale, aka the theme for the show. As for the 2nd Generation, we don't know as of now.
Old 2012-04-15, 03:11   Link #919
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
It's the very first track, Gundam AGE ~ The Hundred Year Tale, aka the theme for the show. As for the 2nd Generation, we don't know as of now.
Hmm, I was referring to the one for the second generation; forgot to mention that. Thanks for your help anyways!

When will the OST for the second arc be released?
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 03:17   Link #920
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post

When will the OST for the second arc be released?
Release date is the 18th, so it's just a few days away
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote