011 - 020: Awful... 0 0%
000 - 010: You'd rather be watching Pokemon... 5 6.58%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-05-06, 16:37   Link #41
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by naruske View Post
the only thing that is really bothering me is that they need new MUSIC!!!
Can't argue there, first thing I thought when the episode started was "not this piece AGAIN!?". It's not bad, but it's like chicken: have it everyday and you'll get bored of it eventually.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-06, 16:45   Link #42
Marvx360x

They didn't rush the fight, they rushed Kakashi's death :/

Overall was a good episode, I liked the animation. The part where they froze the screen to show all the attacks that were send at Deva Pain was cool. You don't see animation like that alot. I can't wait for Naruto to arrive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naruske View Post
the only thing that is really bothering me is that they need new MUSIC!!!
I wish they still used some of the older Naruto music.

Kiba no Tabishounin Manga <3
Marvx360x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-06, 17:16   Link #43
Petbe
Wingless Angel

Very very sad episode. I mean, two of the people that saw the potential in Naruto, the two people who truly believed in him, have both died. The two people I wished to see Naruto if he ever becomes Hokage are dead now, sooo sad
Old 2010-05-06, 17:31   Link #44
ReXcore
One Piece/Bleach&Naruto

Send a message via MSN to ReXcore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petbe View Post
Very very sad episode. I mean, two of the people that saw the potential in Naruto, the two people who truly believed in him, have both died. The two people I wished to see Naruto if he ever becomes Hokage are dead now, sooo sad
I hope he will rage a lot.
ReXcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-06, 20:25   Link #45
Jerseykid

This cannot be. They kill kekashi and he doesn't even get more than one episode?!? I refuse to believe he is dead. The only character I have left that I like is Naruto!
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-06, 22:05   Link #46
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Does no one read the manga here!? o_0
Old 2010-05-06, 22:16   Link #47
Lumir

IMO Kakashi should have bet everything on one attack with a fallow up attack using choji and his dad.

Right after he gained info on pain's attacks, he should have set up choji and his dad to attack after kakashi had successfully penetrated the repulse attack using his dimensional jitsu to punch a hole in it enough for him and his body carring a chidori in one hand to rush in and pierce pain. As soon as the attack landed and the 5 sec's were up he would repulse kakashi and thats the next 5 sec's were choji and his dad could have landed the finishing blow.

Anyways R.I.P Kakashi. Naruto's is ganna go berserk.
Old 2010-05-06, 22:56   Link #48
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty543 View Post
Does no one read the manga here!? o_0
We do not speak of such things.

Besides, why ruin the fun?
Old 2010-05-06, 23:05   Link #49
Maxtro

Ugh, just bah.

The fight was so lame. Kakashi barely used any techniques. What the hell was the point of the dog wall? He would have been better off summoning all of his hounds. He only used one ocular technique and by that point it was already too late. Why didn't he try to use the black hole in the fight against Pain?

At least Jiraiya got proper fight.

I'm disappointed and upset about how the fight went. It feels like Kamina dieing all over again but much worse since I've known Kakashi for many years.
Maxtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-06, 23:31   Link #50
Petbe
Wingless Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReXcore View Post
I hope he will rage a lot.
Haha, Naruto would show up and be like;

GG no Re *rage quit*

So hoping some gamer out there gets my gamer joke!
Old 2010-05-06, 23:37   Link #51
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxtro View Post
The fight was so lame. Kakashi barely used any techniques. What the hell was the point of the dog wall? He would have been better off summoning all of his hounds. He only used one ocular technique and by that point it was already too late. Why didn't he try to use the black hole in the fight against Pain?

At least Jiraiya got proper fight.
Mind you that Kakashi is not a "proper" Sharingan user, and I mean "proper" lightly, as in the Sharingan isn't a natural part of his bloodline like it is with an Uchiha...Kakashi doesn't quite nearly have the chakra stamina of Naruto, so he get's worn out easily, and the Sharingan is both his best weapon and the most taxing of his chakra...Add to the fact that Kakashi was pouring chakra into lightning clones to judge the abilities of Pain without critical penalty, and he was burning through chakra pretty fast...Mangekyo Sharingan is overkill on Kakashi too, since using it three times in one day hospitalizes him in a week; It's easy to see using it twice when already running low on chakra would be a mortal punishment on him...Kakashi's trump card with the Mangekyo Sharingan would have been a waste against such a formidable opponent such as Pain if the technique wasn't a guaranteed success, because if it didn't connect and work, Kakashi wouldn't have been left with enough chakra to initiate a counter-attack/defense...

I think people are setting the standard too high for Kakashi after seeing Jiraiya fight...Jiraiya had the advantage of natural chakra reserves through Sage Mode plus the help from Ma and Pa toads, and that only barely allowed him to defeat three of the paths of Pain before being ultimately killed by six...In both cases, the odds of success have been in Pain's hands with both characters eventually killed...And even in both cases, it was still a (relative) victory with a 1/2 ratio (Jiraiya took out 3 out of 6, Kakashi 1 out of 2)...Jiraiya is Jiraiya and Kakashi is Kakashi; They just had their own different tactics...

Either way, Kakashi's fight was not lame...I think the brilliance in it was that where Kakashi didn't utilize a variety of techniques in an attempt to fully out-power Pain, he utilized intelligence and strategy to get a confirmed understanding of Pain's abilities first, and then used other deceptions in a (Half-failed) attempt to defeat the two paths of Pain...Kakashi was a former ANBU member, so its easy to see where Kakashi's analytical and unconventional techniques come in...It's why characters like Kakashi and Shikamaru are popular because their utilization of intelligence in their fights makes them asymmetrical and outside the template norms in a shounen title like this...

Like other people said, I don't think the presentation of Kakashi's fight was unfair, only the presentation of his death itself was unfair...

Let's give it to Kakashi for putting up such a noble and brass last stand...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-07, 00:00   Link #52
Alchemist007
*Author

Even if it was fast paced, I think the episode was pretty well done.
Old 2010-05-07, 00:42   Link #53
AznSoulBoy
Syouke

I love how people will never be sastified. When the pacing is actually moving on, they say its too fast, when it goes slow they say it is too slow. When the animation is getting better, they say the camera angles are off...Whatever.
Old 2010-05-07, 02:31   Link #54
Sinn
Pwnage

I love this episode, it had me in my chair every second, 9/10 XD

Kakashi's death was animated well and it's sad and touching...

Edit: How the hell is the episode rushed, it looks fine and well made to me? >_>
Old 2010-05-07, 02:43   Link #55
Alchemist007
*Author

It went double speed for the first half. Covered 3 chapters and a bit of a fourth instead of just 2.
Old 2010-05-07, 02:55   Link #56
xellos2099

Well, technically Kakashi would have beat Deva Pein if not for the missile dude, forget what pein is he.
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-07, 03:59   Link #57
silverwolf0

Rushed? This was perfectly fine. In fact, there were plenty of pauses in between the fighting as each assessed the situation. It wasn't as dramatic because the music was mostly silent throughout and none of the really sad songs like that one that plays endlessly on the first Naruto series was present. The art was very good, but the fluid animation was very weird, like something from a high budget comedy anime meant to elicit laughs. The slow-mo and The Matrix style spinning camera was also hokey. But I'll take this animation any day over that generic looking flying towel animation like from the first Sasuke vs Naruto fight. And I'd rather a fight sequence be 1-2 episodes at most, or just half an episode like this one because there wasn't much to show to begin with. I hate the 20 episode dragathons that Naruto is so known for when they just stand there and dilly dally.
silverwolf0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-07, 05:02   Link #58
Suika-Esper
Sage Mode

Some people have to have something to complain about I guess. I was glad they didn't forget the original Akatsuki theme. When that played, I nearly jumped out of my seat. What an awesome, powerful piece. Anyway, great episode. Kakashi's part was done beautifully and they actually made me feel something for Choji of all people. Who would've thought? Well done.
Suika-Esper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-07, 05:14   Link #59
Sinn
Pwnage

Good if they can cover that many chapters, i don't see a problem of it.

Anyway, I forgot to say something , when chouji was running from the missile...it was hilarious...
Old 2010-05-07, 05:28   Link #60
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Great episode Kakashi was pretty cool, to bad he died

The only thing I find bad in this episode is how animators made Choji's crying realy annoying.

Tags
weekly episode discussion