duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 09:16   Link #15782
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffry2009 View Post
1. What's that thing on Gaddeath's Leg?
It's the optional boosters used by the GNZ mobile suits for long-distance travel. The Garazzo used them too when it first sortied against the Ptolemy in episode 10.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 09:31   Link #15783
Chiu_fan
Panzer Vor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post

Looking at it reminds me of Strike Witches.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffry2009 View Post
1. What's that thing on Gaddeath's Leg?
That's the leg booster.
Chiu_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 10:09   Link #15784
Sworra

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameraBaenre View Post
I finally finished up the weapons and final touchups on the kit and it's done!

Comments and criticism is always welcomed!

Blog post: http://gamerabaenre.com/?p=932

Full completed gallery: http://gamerabaenre.com/sniper_custom_complete.htm
Full progress page: http://gamerabaenre.com/sniper_custom_prog.htm
Great job on the sniper.. Weapons look awesome i like the wire attachment from the rifle to the mask, brings a lot of character to the sniper. I always thought that the rifle was supposed to be attached to a power generator but change is always good to. Again sweet job on the sniper. Keep up the great work.

Any other projects that you are thinking of doing next?
Sworra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 11:18   Link #15785
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiu_fan View Post
Looking at it reminds me of Strike Witches.
nah, leg boosters has been in Gundam since the old U.C. series, the S-Gundam & Zeta Plus "Hummingbird" being the notable examples
& also in Gundam 00V, the Kyrios variation, the Kyrios Gust, also had large leg boosters
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 11:40   Link #15786
Tiara79

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakes4chris View Post
It won't let me directly link the image.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/chaos-i...te/4161524284/

The flexibility of the damashii unicorn! Can the hguc version do that?!
oh, wow, never thought it can do that. Now I wonder, how big actually damashii figure is? is it 1/144 or 1/100? Coz I never even see them in shop here. Only HCM.
Tiara79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 11:52   Link #15787
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Robot Damashii's are non-scale AFAIK, since they're slightly smaller than 1/144 HG's, but larger than the 1/220 HCM-Pro figures.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2009-12-09, 14:42   Link #15788
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Robot Damashii's are non-scale AFAIK, since they're slightly smaller than 1/144 HG's, but larger than the 1/220 HCM-Pro figures.
Wait,does it mean that RD doesnt have constant scale for all their figures?I would understand if it was between the cross series comparsion but what about models of the same series?Are there comparable with each other of having the same "scale"?Like if you were to compare 1/144 Exia and a 1/144 Dynames,they're roughly built on the same miniaturiasation of the supposed real thing,and are comparable.Does the same apply to,for example RD 00 and RD Ragnant?
Old 2009-12-09, 15:11   Link #15789
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
Wait,does it mean that RD doesnt have constant scale for all their figures?I would understand if it was between the cross series comparsion but what about models of the same series?Are there comparable with each other of having the same "scale"?Like if you were to compare 1/144 Exia and a 1/144 Dynames,they're roughly built on the same miniaturiasation of the supposed real thing,and are comparable.Does the same apply to,for example RD 00 and RD Ragnant?
It varies from time to time in the Robot Damashii line. For example....the Ahead is bigger than the 00, just like in the show. But the Crossbone Gundam (which is like 14 meters in height) is roughly the same size as the 00 Gundam. So at times there are a lot of inconsistencies. But then they fix it with some other figures, like the GNZ figures and the Regnant.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 17:18   Link #15790
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Well,in the Ahead case thats okay because the Ahead is suppose to be tallert than 00,thats according to their real scales.

So I guess its not consistant then for cross series and the same for within a certain series,I think I sort of have an idea now.

So that means everything in 00 [AD] is in accordance to everything else in 00 [AD] right?So each series has its own scale.

I guess that makes sense,sort of what I was hinting at,but I would have thought they would have synchronised the Gundam metaseries altogehter.Its still the same principle though,just more uniqe for each respective series.
Old 2009-12-09, 17:47   Link #15791
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Scale really isn't a big deal to me in the Damashii line. It's the articulation and durability that does it for me.

Oh and yes, the whole scale thing does apply to the Regnant: http://schizophonic9.com/regnant.html
Old 2009-12-09, 17:53   Link #15792
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Its fine if one likes to pose them individually,but for me I like to pose them together so scale sort of matters.But as long as the same series are constant with each other,thats not much of a problem I guess.
Old 2009-12-09, 18:03   Link #15793
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Okay so I tried saying this in this thread, dunno why it warped elsewhere.

"So essentially, for RD, the different toys are in scale proper to each other depending on the series they are in (such as 00, Crossbone, etc) but the series are not in scale according to one another."
Old 2009-12-09, 18:09   Link #15794
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Okay so I tried saying this in this thread, dunno why it warped elsewhere.

"So essentially, for RD, the different toys are in scale proper to each other depending on the series they are in (such as 00, Crossbone, etc) but the series are not in scale according to one another."
Actually, now that I went digging up some old posts at GBIA. Bandai said that the Robot Damashii line would apply scale to "large mechs".

That's why the Regnant is so huge, and why the Crossbone Gundam, stands toe-toe with the 00.
Old 2009-12-09, 18:10   Link #15795
Nerroth
NePoi!

I was hoping that the main local store I deal with would have had the first two side VFs this side of Christmas - but sadly, it looks like I'll have to wait for the New Year for them to show up.

But, as it turns out, another store - which usually doesn't get a whole lot, in terms of this kind of figure - happened to have the RT of Hilling's Garazzo!

I had gotten the HG Garazzo in Bring's colours, which suck in comparison. I should have waited for the HG of Hilling's version - but now, since I wanted to try the line out anyway, this isn't a bad option.

So far, the figure looks okay, though I will have to try it out a little to get used to it.

When it's daytime again, I'll try to see about pics.
Old 2009-12-09, 19:39   Link #15796
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Among the HG00 line perhaps. The GN Arms both go over 5000yen while the HGUC has Nu HWS at 2,900 yen and the recent Kshatriya at 4500 yen.

Best to hunt out the ideal places to get a good deal. Though prices are generally 30% lower or more at the retail price.
I usually get my kits at department stores having a sale - they sell for really cheap then.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 05:28   Link #15797
darkstrife
When Retribution comes...

just finished one of the legs for my PG 00 Gundam, to give u guys some form of comparison, the whole leg (with the foot of course) standing straight is only about 1-2cm shorter than a standing MG Unicorn Gundam.

In other words the PG 00 Gundam is quite a beast, i 'm beginning to think now that it wont fit into my glass cabinet that i bought from ikea quite a while back.

Pros so far: GN condensor is kickass (no more wobbling legs), huge size, good inner mechanical detail

Cons so far: now this is somewhat dissapointing, the leg can only bend about 90 degrees and the ankle joint is somewhat restrictive (no way can it compare to the MG blue astray ankles)
Old 2009-12-10, 05:33   Link #15798
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Could you emphasize what "only bend about 90 degrees" is about? Not sure if you're referring to hip-leg articulation, or knee articulation (which I know bends further than 90 degrees).

Old 2009-12-10, 05:40   Link #15799
Un1ver5e

Send a message via MSN to Un1ver5e

Amazing stuff.
Un1ver5e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 07:05   Link #15800
GrahamAker
狙撃する準備ができ

Send a message via Yahoo to GrahamAker
i think its nadleeh custom by bryan!

Tags