AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-11-19, 00:13   Link #8301
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Correction, German has TEN. The rest is confirmed truth.
Old 2011-11-19, 00:13   Link #8302
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@zero: There's not much difference but I feel that difference may be crucial. I mean that they can fight well enough but I don't think all of them would make it through. Realistically they would fall due to sheer number of enemies or under a coordinated effort.

Navy does need pilots. Aircraft carrier and all. But take a dedicated sailor and put him in a fighter, take a fighter pilot and put him in charge of the ship cannons. I don't think they would work as well as they could have.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 00:15   Link #8303
EthernalRain
Head of FRACTURE R&D

Back from getting snacks outside, and here now to put my two cents wherever I can find a "coin slot".
EthernalRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 00:15   Link #8304
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

...this is all I will say about Navies:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjAXJaFydwM
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 00:16   Link #8305
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
@zero: There's not much difference but I feel that difference may be crucial. I mean that they can fight well enough but I don't think all of them would make it through. Realistically they would fall due to sheer number of enemies or under a coordinated effort.
THAT'S why I said I.S. is part of integrated military force, and some I.S. pilot are from real military AND bonafide adult undisturbed by hormone (like Natasha)

Quote:
Navy does need pilots. Aircraft carrier and all. But take a dedicated sailor and put him in a fighter, take a fighter pilot and put him in charge of the ship cannons. I don't think they would work as well as they could have.
I meant it as joke, Navy pilots are all trained as sailors as well.
Old 2011-11-19, 00:17   Link #8306
Eratas123

@ Rain - Then please tell me how Tabane makes the cores in your fic.

@ Zero - Ten! What the-!? I thought they wanted to LIMIT the IS production, not give it away!
Old 2011-11-19, 00:17   Link #8307
HasuMasu
*Artist

I just noticed how many times Meister used the word box in Vandam.
Old 2011-11-19, 00:19   Link #8308
demino_hellsin
That one guy

They have military people doing IS training yes, but none of them have been in live combat yet. Alaska treaty forbids use of IS in conflict, it was shortly after White Knight incident so I can't imagine a month long war between countries using IS. At best, Natasha and Laura have been to a firing range, simulators, and mock battles that are barely different from ISA.
Old 2011-11-19, 00:21   Link #8309
Eratas123

@ demino_hellsin - Laura's been in combat outside her suit. As in, fighting in battlefields using actual weaponry and actual tactics without the use of the suit.
Old 2011-11-19, 00:21   Link #8310
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Zero - Ten! What the-!? I thought they wanted to LIMIT the IS production, not give it away!
I said in REAL war, so far everything is only like Cold War where I.S. is equivalent to Nuke, everyone who have enough money and power wants it and developed it so they can be better than others.
Old 2011-11-19, 00:24   Link #8311
Eratas123

@ Zero - That makes sense. IS will never have something like this though, it's on the idealistic side of the scale.
Old 2011-11-19, 00:30   Link #8312
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@eratas: And I'm saying that it wouldn't count because fighting in an IS and outside of your IS are two different things. You hit each other, you shoot at each other, you slash at each other however IS brings the battle to a new level by adding shielding, higher speeds that humans normally can't comprehend, a higher level of awareness... etc.
Old 2011-11-19, 00:30   Link #8313
EthernalRain
Head of FRACTURE R&D

@ Eratas: The procedure is based off my interpretation of an IS core.

First of all, Tabane secures a generator running on BT energy, or in later times, another IS core hooked up to a transmitter. The core shell is basically the husk of a reactor. She feeds the BT energy into the small apple sized core steadily, not all at once.

The BT energy, is fed into circuits made up of a fictional material that has no name yet, and spins within the core. As it spins, it creates friction with this fictional material only made by Tabane, which in turn produces further, more amplified waves of BT energy. As long as nothing does anything to the material, the friction will constantly produce a strong, steady stream of BT energy waves that's harmless to humans unless tampered with.

An outer shell is placed over the apple sized core when it's placed into an IS, a where a converter processes the energy waves into a source of power.

That's my basis of an IS core. It's still under the works.
Old 2011-11-19, 00:34   Link #8314
Eratas123

@ demino_hellsin - You said none of the protags had any actual experience and I said that Laura did. I never said that the IS fighting is similar to a real fight, it's obviously not. I'm saying your statement that "Everyone there is babied gladiators" is wrong since one of them does have actual combat experience.

@ Rain - Then how does one destroy a core in your fic? I could use as much info as I can.
Old 2011-11-19, 00:35   Link #8315
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@eratas: well I guess I was thinking from a more narrow point of view. Sorry for not clarifying.
Old 2011-11-19, 00:37   Link #8316
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@eratas: And I'm saying that it wouldn't count because fighting in an IS and outside of your IS are two different things. You hit each other, you shoot at each other, you slash at each other however IS brings the battle to a new level by adding shielding, higher speeds that humans normally can't comprehend, a higher level of awareness... etc.
Quote:
They have military people doing IS training yes, but none of them have been in live combat yet. Alaska treaty forbids use of IS in conflict, it was shortly after White Knight incident so I can't imagine a month long war between countries using IS. At best, Natasha and Laura have been to a firing range, simulators, and mock battles that are barely different from ISA.
Indeed there's not much choice, and you know, before I.S., human exist, so did warfare. Human can get caught once with I.S. the second time they will not. I.S. no longer God of war like the past, currently speaking, I.S. is nifty one of a kind toy of military (like B-2 bomber for example).

It could not stand the force and tactic of improved military codex AND hardware alone (as result of I.S. development mind you). While they have separate category, a weapon is a weapon, and in military, no weapon act truly independent (Artillery need spotter and reckon force, bombers need AWACS etc).

Even if the pilot of I.S. has no real experience, the rest of force will back her up.
Old 2011-11-19, 00:39   Link #8317
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
@Meister

Louise is equipped with energy absorbing field (that work like Bussard Ramjet) to power it's eight beam rifle turret.....but maybe we can make some compromise with DETACHABLE rifle

*ShotShotShotShotShotShotShotShotShot*
I know you mean something else, but the Ramjet Fist as described works like an IS Imagine Breaker.

Quote:
@ Meister - Huh? How many hits do you have?
43 overnight. I find that impressive.

Quote:
In my fanon, the 461 (forgot exact number) cores were distributed evenly amongst the 6 blocs, but within the blocs the cores are then redistributed to member states as they wish.

So in the EU, Germany, with their mastery of supersoldiers and ISpers, ended up with the largest number. The Vatican controls 5, one by Pope Bernadette and the remaining 4 lay within [God's Right Hand]. Britain has 3 units, the Blue Tears and 2 older Tears units. France also has 3 Rafale units, belonging to Charlotte, Louise and a mystery pilot. The other states have 1-2 units each.

The Foundation is the 'reasonable Federation', so they already massproduce VMs. But those units are made of more Rafale parts than the original Vandam as the recipe for Vandam was lost with the death of Professor Thongu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
I just noticed how many times Meister used the word box in Vandam.
Pandora's Box. Toy Box. And then, Laplace's Box.

It's code, Box-kun.
Old 2011-11-19, 00:40   Link #8318
Eratas123

@ demino_hellsin - Why are we talking about war so much anyway? Are either of you planning to include it in your fic?
Old 2011-11-19, 00:42   Link #8319
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@meister: you may face skepticism on the "3 rafael units" part.

@eratas: blame blitz I was merely pointing out that a giant fleet of IS large enough to blot out the sky(or just 1000 or so units) would be terrifying.
Old 2011-11-19, 00:42   Link #8320
EthernalRain
Head of FRACTURE R&D

@ Eratas: One could easily just smash it. It's rather fragile, it could be easily broken with a single shot of a very weak pistol. It's protected by the other shell inside the IS.

To tamper with it would be the same as destroying it. To mess around with the material inside would be to affect the way the BT energy rubs against it. It would either cause more BT energy to be created by the core, or less BT energy to be created. At worst, the BT energy would be come hazardous, volatile.

This is why the psuedo-cores, while more powerful, had more hazardous effects to the IS. Occasionally, they would explode, or the BT energy was so strong it began to affect the pilot like radiation would. The psuedo-cores also had a very limited lifespan, about 3 months before the core would either die out or explode.

Also, a tiny crack in the IS core would allow the energy to leak out of it, rendering the core useless.

To store data within the core, electricity slightly alters the energy coming out of it. It forms a code that imprints on the core's small database. The database adjusts the material ever so slightly to create a different frequency of BT energy, a code of sorts, which feeds into the IS and programs it with the information and data it needs about it's own pilots. Training IS cores don't have this feature.

That's about how I see it at least.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest