AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-12-25, 15:34   Link #3741
susyia

Oh my God.... really? wow this novel it's getting i little .....mess..... but still.. i wish they show some picture of them.. i think quatre's face must have been cute and wufei very very sexy !!! uuuhh so grumpy
susyia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-25, 16:23   Link #3742
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
*laughs* I wonder if I should just ignore the flashbacks and just translate the main story points :P
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-25, 21:22   Link #3743
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
*laughs* I wonder if I should just ignore the flashbacks and just translate the main story points :P
Honestly, I felt some of the flashbacks(specifically the ones dealing with Treize and the early days of OZ) were better than the main story.
Old 2011-12-26, 14:17   Link #3744
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

We've got some Volume.02 of Glory of Losers out!

And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Old 2011-12-26, 14:44   Link #3745
Eeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
Yet, even though the joke might've been lost on Duo, his comeback was still particularly badass. "Not just a demon. I'm the God of Death."
Not much of a comeback if he didn't get the initial joke ^_^;

Quote:
Unfair. What options do Phobos and Mille have?

And that end, if we ever get it, will be years away. We still have to go through Trowa's backstory which reveals that he is Dermail's bastard son, heir to a long lost kingdom whose three year-old princess Katharine totally annihilated the invading Alliance with her prototype Tallgeese "Zero" until she forgot to recharge the battery and they all were destroyed, and that Trowa was raised by the circus manager's clone who had been Treize's tutor and married to Heero Yuy's sister Veronica, who just looks like a gender-flipped Heero, and that Master O is actually Trowa's son, who had a pet space whale with wings, which one day burped up magic algae that terraformed Mars.
Holy mother-f'in cow!If that could be turned into a fanfic that fits withing the gundamW world, I think I might read it.
So this would make Treize, Dorothy, Heero Pilot, and Trowa No-name cousins.... If this last statement was true, then that means that Trowa No-Name is Mariemaia's great step uncle something or other...? Now, if only we could make Duo Relena's long lost half brother!

Quote:
We've got some Volume.02 of Glory of Losers out!
OH! 'Tis a wonderful Christmas gift! Gracias!

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Eeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 16:04   Link #3746
Nanobreaker

The idea of Duo being Relena and Milliardo's long-lost brother is amusing, but I don't think it'll scan. But speaking of back stories...

I have the Episode Zero manga, and there is no mention of "Solo" in it, except for the written blurb at the end of Duo's part. The online scans I have seen don't mention him anywhere else either. Where'd this information come from?
Nanobreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 20:45   Link #3747
FalsePrime

Quote:

Sadly, by the time we learn all that no one will care anymore. Already people have moved on. I wonder, is Japan still interested in Frozen Trainwreck?
Well even if it was more popular then GW when it started going a full year with nothing new and reusing all the character designs all the while not actually showing the new units outside of some fucking Cloacks, I can't really blame everyone for moving on.

The only Wing character that could ever carry things for very long on character alone was Treize, so having this long with no real new characters or Gundams is freaking retarded.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-27, 00:07   Link #3748
Eeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanobreaker View Post
I have the Episode Zero manga, and there is no mention of "Solo" in it, except for the written blurb at the end of Duo's part. The online scans I have seen don't mention him anywhere else either. Where'd this information come from?
I think Ep.0 is the only place Solo is mentioned... I scanned through my GW tech manual and the gundam encyclopedia but he isn't there. I hope he shows up in GotD at some point in the story. What I want to know is, where did people get all the info about Solo?
  • Under Duo's name in the wiki character list for the series it saids: "In Episode Zero, it was revealed that he (Duo) chose his name to commemorate a boy named Solo, who he looked up to when they were part of a street gang as children; Solo had previously told the young Duo that they would always be together, but later died from a disease that swept the colony"
  • the gundam wiki saids: "Duo adopted his name after the gang leader, Solo, died of a fever.("If Solo's with me, we'll be Duo.")
I've read on other info pages that Solo died of some lung disease, or a fever, or god know what else has been written. Yet, like Nanobreaker said, the only mention of Solo was in a single sentence that only tells us that Duo meet Solo and that he died of a virus. So ya... where did all this info come from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalsePrime View Post
so having this long with no real new characters or Gundams is freaking retarded.
Yet we're still here talking/ making fun about it XD

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Eeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-27, 01:25   Link #3749
FalsePrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeni View Post

Yet we're still here talking/ making fun about it XD
At this point I'm willing to suffer almost anything to get to the point Heero gets a fully revealed Snow White just so we can move on Wing Gundam Zero from time to time in the shit he gets into.

Love Zero and he is my favorite mecha ever (aside from Grendizer), but he has the same damn attacks in everything he does with little to no variation and I'm bored.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-27, 10:35   Link #3750
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

I believe that information about Solo is just fandom. Episode Zero mentions nothing like that.

Old 2011-12-27, 16:32   Link #3751
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

The GoL volume looks great, Deacon.
Old 2011-12-28, 07:50   Link #3752
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Quote:
I believe that information about Solo is just fandom. Episode Zero mentions nothing like that.
It can't be fandom. It makes sense!
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-28, 12:40   Link #3753
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

We finally have a timeline for the Mars Century 0_o;

There is no Glory or Frozen this month.

Old 2011-12-28, 13:18   Link #3754
Tendou Souji

A timeline is nice but I still want chapters. Maybe they'll surprise us when they come back with a peak at a suit
Tendou Souji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-28, 14:43   Link #3755
Nanobreaker

Quote:
It is mentioned in episode sero, in the sum-up at the end of Duo's chapter. He's mentioned in the part where they examine where his name comes from.

Edit: Nevermind, found it via the Gundam Wikia - Solo is only in the novelization of EW. O_o

Last edited by Nanobreaker; 2011-12-28 at 18:35. Reason: Edited for new info
Nanobreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-28, 22:54   Link #3756
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Really? I'll have to take a look and see if that's true or not...

Old 2011-12-29, 01:59   Link #3757
Kitsoru
:3c

Catching up after a long break (lol finals), so bear with me. Just gonna bullet/ link what I'm replying to instead of quoting, for brevity's sake:

-The Bloom family is of Russian descent according to Catherine's profile in the official guidebooks; this makes sense as they're intended to evoke traditional Russian circus acrobat families. Catherine should be in her mid to late 40's in FT as she's 2-3 years Trowa's senior.

-@Ikuze, are the images you posted here from Chapter 13 as well Or Chapter 14? Just checking so I can properly caption when I put them on the wiki. Also your notes about James Maxwell are interesting, I hadn't caught those. G's reaction makes so much more sense now XD

-Thanks for Vo.02, Deacon

-The information about Solo does come from the EW novelizations. I know I found it definitively at some point, but I'm blanking at the moment. I'll link if I find it again. It was definitely in Sumisawa's writings though.

Phew. What is even happening in this novel anymore?

EDIT: Also can anyone confirm for me that this is the cover for Chapter 14? http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/File:20...2120_421_o.jpg
Or is the BW image of Katherine and Phobos that Ikuze linked the cover? (Or are they both, lol, that's happened once too..)

Last edited by Kitsoru; 2011-12-29 at 02:22.
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-29, 04:05   Link #3758
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

I'm at work, but according to the timeline: MC-0001 = AC-187 (given that there is an AC date right below it). So that means MC-0022 = AC-211

Yeah that's Chapter.14.

Old 2011-12-29, 05:32   Link #3759
Aldaeus

So that just puts all of the original pilots in their late 20's early 30's >.> If Duo Jr. is around 14/15 that would mean he was born around the time of Endless Waltz A.C. 197, and hypothetically would give an explanation for Duo nearly choking in the end credits, if he just learnt he was going to be a "Daddy".
Aldaeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-29, 06:07   Link #3760
Mareike

I was of the impression that Naina and Milou would have been around 17 in the present year, with the rest of the kids slightly younger. The adults would have been around their mid to late 40's.

Goodness! Good to know that FT's not that far off into the future. That explains a hell lot about Cath's looks. (Now show us the rest of the cast, Sumizawa!!! )

But wait. That means the kids would have to be younger than they look.

Unless, yeah, Duo and Hilde had Jr. right after EW at the age of 16/17 (assuming that he IS their son). Or Noin had been pregnant sometime in 196, which I highly doubt. Then there's Kathy Po, too, who seems to be older than the twins.

What.

EDIT: And much thanks for Volume 2, Deacon! Noticed that there's quite some changes with all the Zechs/Noin scenes, it seems. Aside from the other changes, but yeah. Of course that's what I will notice primarily.
Mareike is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing