AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-09-19, 14:05   Link #21
Dains11

Berserk!

I just finished this series, and I havent found a topic about it in a while, so I was looking to discuss the ending and the meaning of it.
I loved the series, but it seemed to take a very odd turn during the last 4episopes (dvd 6). Firstly there was alot of nudity, which is the reason that my local blockbuster has the first 5 dvd's of it, but not the 6th. But its just baffling to me, that in general everyone died...but WHAT happened to guts?? He chopped his arm off and had his eye gouged, and was about to die...then its over, and it shows him walking away from the blacksmith alive?!?!
So how did he stay alive, and whats the correspondance with this, and the first episode where he slayed that huge demon?

Also I cannot say whether I hated or liked this ending, I just thought it was weird and off tune from the entire series. I would love opinions and explanations!
Dain
Old 2004-09-19, 14:46   Link #22
quikimpulse
Suicidal Maniac!!!!!

Ok, let me clear things up for you.
Spoiler:
You have to read the Manga if ya want to understand the ending. I haven't read the manga either but my friend has and he told me how they survived. And the first ep tells you that Gutso is seaking revenge on Griffith for what he did to him and the other Band of the Hawks. Read the manga if ya want to understand the anime more.
Old 2004-11-11, 14:39   Link #23
Anita-chan
Disabled By Request

berserk is weird ...

i watched from 1 - 25 and i dont even get it ....

first episode, hes in the future where he has his scar on ....

from episode 2 onwards its the past leading to the present ....

and now at episode 25 that black girl is being fuked by griphis and guts is being mauled by those monsters grabbing his head....

is there something im missing? someone please tell me ...

im completely clueless as to why it ended like that!!
Old 2004-11-11, 14:43   Link #24
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

First, you need to remember that the entire Berserk TV series exists to promote the manga. Knowing this, it is clear that to understand the ending one must read the manga from where the TV series ends (best to start at the very beginning).
Old 2004-11-11, 14:47   Link #25
AndrewLB
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to AndrewLB Send a message via AIM to AndrewLB Send a message via MSN to AndrewLB
The comic is beginning to get a bit weird though. Like, that whole thing with the tower and those prostitutes was fantastic, but since they introduced that little mage girl and whatnot, it doesn't feel as much like the Berserk I knew.
Old 2004-11-11, 14:57   Link #26
Yoska
フランキー

Berserk the animation just.. errr.. end in the middle of the story. I Dunno why, perhaps animators run out of material (the author is such a slowpoke). Reading the still ongoing comic would probably clear up more than just a few things.
Old 2004-11-11, 15:09   Link #27
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

well, I think the manga has already gone into the Lost Children chapter when the anime begin to air, so I don't really think it's a lack a material... maybe it's just a way to get people to read the manga.

I agree that the Berserk manga is currently going a bit strange after the Albion part and as the mage girl get introduced... it somewhat lost a certain "feel" with the new story arc... maybe too much supernatural and too little human affairs? or maybe because the story becomes less dark and somewhat brighter? I'm not too sure...
Old 2004-11-11, 16:02   Link #28
EnergyRift

Yea.. the anime gave a SERIOUS cliff-hanger, promoting you to read the manga.. which goes much more indepth. I was like.. that was so skilled when I first saw it.. But yea, pretty much you aren't missing anything, it's the future, then the past towards the future.

I don't think the manga is getting weird with the magic girl though, it's getting better if you ask me, because the magic actually serves a purpose in this whole ordeal. It makes the storyline a lot deeper, as fates begin to entwine.

Spoiler:
Old 2004-11-11, 16:19   Link #29
Anita-chan
Disabled By Request

man, if i kenw this anime was not going ot end properly i wouldnt have downloaded, i hate reading manga ... thanks for telling me guys ... appreciated!
Old 2004-11-11, 16:19   Link #30
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnergyRift
Yea.. the anime gave a SERIOUS cliff-hanger, promoting you to read the manga.. which goes much more indepth. I was like.. that was so skilled when I first saw it.. But yea, pretty much you aren't missing anything, it's the future, then the past towards the future.

I don't think the manga is getting weird with the magic girl though, it's getting better if you ask me, because the magic actually serves a purpose in this whole ordeal. It makes the storyline a lot deeper, as fates begin to entwine.

Spoiler:
Hmm... I'm not too sure about the magic part, I think the Berserk worldview now goes like
Spoiler:
Old 2004-11-12, 06:08   Link #31
Yoska
フランキー

True, the course of the series has been weird lately but I like the current Vritannis arc a lot of more than I have enjoyed the series in long time. I haven't seen the anime, just heard about it, is it worth of checking ? I usually don't watch anime at all, few exceptions here and there, anime usually don't grant anything to me what manga already does better. What's the case with Berserk ?
Old 2004-11-12, 06:15   Link #32
dreamless

the manga is superior to the anime in almost all aspects, however if you are a Berserk fan, maybe you'd like to watch the anime just for the music and to hear the characters talk
Old 2006-08-18, 12:03   Link #33
<^UmAyR^>
Naruto Sensei

Berserk ending rant

alright i finished watchin berserk recently, for a very long time ppl have always been tellin me "yo watch berserk, sick anime" and so i did. Honestly i thought it was amazing...just crazily badass especially Guts...until it got to the last 2 eps..holy crap what is with Caska and the word RAPE...throughout the whole show..caska and rape are like magnets. The ending..k...demons and stuff show up..tentacle rape caska (which was extremely dirty) AND THEN griffith is turned into a demon and then uses his demon penis to rape Caska AGAIN...It was a wicked anime until the end

I might get flamed because people are gonna say it leads into the manga and that the manga is better, but my point is, tentacle and demon rape parts were just retarded

that is all
Old 2006-08-18, 12:16   Link #34
obentou
Maximum7/Ossu

Haha yes I agree. It does leave a cliffhanger ending with Guts (Gats? I forgot his name) having one of his eyes severed, but he is indeed alive after the graphic ending.
Closed Thread