Send a message via MSN to kira-sama Send a message via Yahoo to kira-sama
so that girl is maid or .....?
Old 2007-04-19, 06:13   Link #62
whispers
IIChan Translation Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by kira-sama View Post
so that girl is maid or .....?
Nanette is introduced in episode 01 as a Lady's Maid, and we learn more about her in that episode.

Edit: Oh, I forgot to mention: HANS! HANS! HANS! HANS!

Hans is COOL.

Last edited by whispers; 2007-04-19 at 06:32.
Old 2007-04-19, 12:56   Link #63
cmage

Quote:
Originally Posted by whispers View Post
That's Nanette, a new character. There are characters and stories that are new to Second Act that haven't appeared in either the first season or the manga.

WORK HAS BEGUN on episode 01, and work is nearly complete on an episode 00 that brings new viewers up to speed with a recap episode for season one. That's all done but encoding, but my encoder is having some problems with some strange framerate-fu in the raw. Look for it soon.
Thanks! I can't wait to watch this. Makes me sad that there aren't more Emma fans.

And speaking of Hans, it looks to me like he's going to hit on Emma or something. She's William's, I tell you~!
Old 2007-04-20, 00:39   Link #64
kira-sama

yeah i think so
that hans love emma
Old 2007-04-21, 04:28   Link #65
wao
OK.

Waaaah, I finally watched episode 1. First reaction off my head:

WELCOME BACK, EMMA.

The setting's different, the characters have grown, some old faces are no longer around and even the mood and pacing feels different, but there's still that very lovely feeling aroudn it that reminds me that yes, this is Emma. It's got that subdued romantic feeling complemented with loads of details that makes it feel very solid and charming at the same time.

It's just the first episode and putting aside my knowledge of the manga I'm already so interested in Dorothea and Hans and Emma's new life there. I'm also wondering about the new character and storyline in the thing... I wonder how much they'll change the storyline?

The ED sequence was actually the OP wasn't it? That last shot of Emma
Spoiler for manga:

I wonder how many eps this is... (am too lazy to look it up, cough cough)
Old 2007-04-21, 07:35   Link #66
kujoe
from head to heel

Man, you're fast.

Can't wait to get this show starting and rolling. Ah, the time I wish I had...
Old 2007-04-21, 07:57   Link #67
whispers
IIChan Translation Group

http://torak.no-ip.info/tracker/torr...5d.avi.torrent

If that doesn't work, http://astrange.ithinksw.net/etc/Vic...5d.avi.torrent

Edit: Oh, this is Victorian Romance Emma Second Act Episode 00: "Intermission."

Look for Episode 01: "A New House" in a day or three.

Last edited by whispers; 2007-04-21 at 08:15.
Old 2007-04-21, 09:00   Link #68
wao
OK.

If you're talking about ii-tran, yes - great kudos to them for being so diligent in their subbing. Thank $deity for ii-tran and their good quality and excellent dedication, and that I watch the show they're interested in... It kind of reminds me of those fansub groups that existed in the so-called Golden Age the veterans talk about which existed Way Back When I was still about 3 or 4 years old...

If you're talking about me, I'm not that fast really, for a show I was eagerly anticipating I took some time to watch it since it aired around the 17th and it's already the 21st... But while I'm running more and mroe out of time I definitely want to watch this to the end The good thing about this show is that it's something you can enjoy even with a considerable break in between.

I forgot to mention in episode 1, there's this one bit of animation that was really good - it was the one in the warehouse. I don't recognize any of the names in the credits except Hiroto Tanaka (one of the layout artists), since I don't really follow Asia-do's stuff but well. Looking forward to see if they can maintain teh quality. I noticed the animation director was the character designer for Zettai Shounen.

EDIT: Awesome, this gets moved to the Fansubbed forum now Thanks, iitran!
Old 2007-04-21, 09:04   Link #69
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Oh, this is Victorian Romance Emma Second Act Episode 00: "Intermission."
When did this episode air? I've added it to AnimeSuki and called it episode 0, hope that's OK.
Old 2007-04-21, 09:14   Link #70
whispers
IIChan Translation Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
When did this episode air? I've added it to AnimeSuki and called it episode 0, hope that's OK.
That's more than OK, that's perfect; thank you!

It aired April 9th. I have to confess I should have been paying attention. I didn't find out about it until recently.
Old 2007-04-21, 12:58   Link #71
cmage

Can I find new Emma episodes anywhere on IRC or for direct download? My campus blocks torrent clients, so I'm stuck without it. I'd appreciate any help in getting my Emma fix.

If you can't, though, I'll just wait until I'm home for the summer and watch a bunch of episodes at once. No better way to celebrate the end of the semester than with an Emma marathon!

And thanks to ii-tran for subbing this.
Old 2007-04-21, 13:53   Link #72
kira-sama

that episode 00 just a recrap right???? (if it's true i don't need to d/l)
btw episode 1 had already subs or not?
Old 2007-04-21, 14:55   Link #73
Kyaa the Catlord

I wish someone would post a batch of the first season. :P
Old 2007-04-21, 15:02   Link #74
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kira-sama View Post
that episode 00 just a recrap right???? (if it's true i don't need to d/l)
From the iitran discussion board

Quote:
This full-length recap episode summarizes the events of the first season of Victorian Romance Emma, but also contains about 20-30% new scenes and dialogue giving various characters' reactions to the events being depicted. Then, as we see Emma getting ready for her first day at work in her new mansion, the narrator intones, "And now... on to the conclusion."
Old 2007-04-21, 21:12   Link #75
whispers
IIChan Translation Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmage View Post
Can I find new Emma episodes anywhere on IRC or for direct download? My campus blocks torrent clients, so I'm stuck without it.
http://iichan.kayle.info/
Old 2007-04-21, 23:09   Link #76
servidor

The narration of Hakim for episode 0 was a great detail, and it was funny when he broke the fourth wall. Another nice touch was Collin taking notes, first with the hounds and then with the cats in the classroom.

One of the things that makes Emma and William's relationship beautiful and believable, in my opinion, it is that he sees Emma as a person and his equal, not as someone below him, and he cares for her feelings and her opinions.

Thanks again to the people at II Tran for your work.
Old 2007-04-21, 23:16   Link #77
cmage

Quote:
Thank you!!!! ~ And the manga's in there, too! I'll be in Emma heaven for a while. <3
Old 2007-04-21, 23:22   Link #78
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 0.

Example of a crappy recap: Shuffle! Memories. Example of an outstanding recap: this ep. I ashamed to admit it, but it's been so long since I saw Emma that I needed to see this recap to be reminded how amazing a series it was. But, as a recap it can't be criticized. Hell, it even had new scenes, some of which were really funny and worked perfectly as comic relief. But, definitely the most outstanding thing about this recap was the way in which we were reminded of all the major events of the first season, which is great for people like me who had forgotten a lot of them. And, it got me even more excited about the upcoming sequel.

Man, I can't wait. These characters are just so incredible and as a romance story, it really is among the best in anime. And finally we'll get to see a fitting conclusion for it (hopefully).
Old 2007-04-22, 03:45   Link #79
Nergol

cmage;

Emma is one of those shows like Bartender that's never going to get the Naruto crowd interested in it. It's got no explosions, no robots, no katanas, no big boobies, and no moe. One is unlikely to hear "OMG Eleanor is teh SUCK!!!" or "Hans pWns William!" much on this thread, and there will be little discussion of who is "hella cool".

This may not be a bad thing, however.

Frankly, if Emma were live-action instead of animated, it could have just as easily been a BBC costume drama from a couple of decades ago. Kaoru Mori wanted to recreate a Victorian romance novel, and she has done so near-perfectly.

On the positive side, Emma is, aside from a couple Miyazaki movies, the only anime I've ever gotten my Mom to watch (and she's actually requested more), and it and LoGH are the only animes I've gotten people interested in at the intellectual, oh-so-serious geopolitical forum I also inhabit. I've made them into fans of Reinhard - Seig Mein Kaiser!
Old 2007-04-22, 03:55   Link #80
Nergol

On a side note, I've actually gotten to read "Rosaline Woodbridge" by Hannah Maria Jones - the book that features so prominently in the background of the show. How Kaoru Mori ever found out that this obscure book existed I have no idea. I am quite sure that it's never been translated into any other language, much less into Japanese, and a search for it leads me to believe that there are all of maybe a dozen copies of it in the United States.

Even Jarndyce in London didn't have a copy, and if they don't have it, nobody does. I ended up reading it in one of the reading rooms of the British Library - one of the ones they don't let you take the books outside of.

I read it. It's very.... typical. Enjoyable, but typical.
Closed Thread

Tags
drama, romance, seinen