AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-09-19, 16:11   Link #11921
attobyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunara View Post
Seriously, don't you just hate when they have the "Love can break through anything" type of thing
Honestly, I think Suzaku and Albion are so overwelming that not even PoL will be enough to beat them.
attobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-19, 16:38   Link #11922
lovecakecookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by attobyte View Post
Honestly, I think Suzaku and Albion are so overwelming that not even PoL will be enough to beat them.
We can only wait and see what Kallen can do against him.. If one of them is too overwhelming it wont be an interesting battle at all... so many people are already yelling "shes going to get owned!!" blah blah..
Old 2008-09-19, 16:40   Link #11923
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Well, let's see what we have.

* HAXTEN and an ace, and possibly 100 percent output, but unlikely.

* Haxbion and an ace, and a pilot that oft surpasses Kallen, and Live Geass.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-19, 16:49   Link #11924
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post

I approve this post. But this is only my personal opinion.

I still think that Suzaku is the best pilot in code geass. And he uses his Live Geass in the good way now. Unbeatable (imo) when his opponent has the same kind of knightmare.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-19, 16:50   Link #11925
lovecakecookies

Quote:

Sorry if I wasnt being clear.. what I meant to say was some people think she doesn't stand a chance or something..

We haven't seen it at this 100 percent output yet.. I would assume it is when she fights Suzaku.. but we have to wait and see..otherwise why would they say its at 60 percent in episode 18? its like they are telling you at some point it will be at or needs to be at 100..it makes you think about it.. IMO..

I am not saying she can beat him.. but there is a chance

yes, the Live Geass.. that is his best advantage.
Old 2008-09-19, 16:51   Link #11926
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:

They've only fought twice this season, and both times one was at a disadvantage. The first season they were always pretty much even (thus, Suzaku does NOT 'oft surpass Kallen. Also, the Live Geass has caused Suzaku to run away as often as it has caused him to fight; it primarily stops him from being suicidal and gives him focus.

Besides, if the fight was too one sided, it wouldn't be interesting. And since this show is often about overcoming the odds, Kallen may have an advantage that we don't see yet. At any rate, I'm pretty sure the fight will end before either one gets permenantly damaged.
Old 2008-09-19, 17:00   Link #11927
Dream_Traveller
Banned

100 percent output may not be used for the sole reason that it'll put far too much strain on Kallen's body, and might even turn her into mush. If, at 60 percent, the SEITEN can go at the speed of sound, god knows what it can do at 100.

And...well. Suzaku sure has been the only pilot to beat Kallen, youngde. Narita, okay, terrain fault. Stage 24, though, minus the fact that Suzaku could fly (and Kallen did well despite that), Suzaku blew off the Guren's arm and came close to killing her. Turn 6...well, same thing.

R2 certainly hasn't shown anything about overcoming the odds, mind. Turn 7 may or may not count.
Old 2008-09-19, 17:04   Link #11928
lovecakecookies

Quote:
100 percent output may not be used for the sole reason that it'll put far too much strain on Kallen's body, and might even turn her into mush. If, at 60 percent, the SEITEN can go at the speed of sound, god knows what it can do at 100.

And...well. Suzaku sure has been the only pilot to beat Kallen, youngde. Narita, okay, terrain fault. Stage 24, though, minus the fact that Suzaku could fly (and Kallen did well despite that), Suzaku blew off the Guren's arm and came close to killing her. Turn 6...well, same thing.

R2 certainly hasn't shown anything about overcoming the odds, mind. Turn 7 may or may not count.
Well, I guess you could be right.. I am just going to wait and see..
how do you think their battle will play out?
Old 2008-09-19, 17:07   Link #11929
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Well, I do hope it'll be a good one, but with Suzaku's Live command, he has a hidden upper hand, honestly.

Or Taniguchi could just hand-wave it and make Suzaku cheap-shot Kallen.
Old 2008-09-19, 17:08   Link #11930
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecakecookies View Post
Well, I guess you could be right.. I am just going to wait and see..
how do you think their battle will play out?
Well, suzaku has a unbelievable strong body (so strong that a lot of persons thought that he has a geass or something like that), so I guess he can push his knightmare to the limit, while kallen can't.

I guess that suzaku could push Li's Kinghtmare to the limit, while Li can't.
Old 2008-09-19, 17:10   Link #11931
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:

Flying is a signifacant advantage when you can stay out of range of an opponent that really only has short range attacks, and like you said, Kallen almost beat him despite that significant advantage. The second time, he had the Conquesta and Kallen had a downgraded version of her radiation arm.

As for overcoming the odds: In episode 2, Lelouch defeats the Britannians at Babel Tower; episode 4, frees the BKs; episode 6, would have succeded at getting Nunally if he had just grabbed her and ran; episode 8, successfully get 1 million Japanese out of Japan w/o firing a shot; episode 11, turns the tables on the Eunechs and gains a valuble ally; by episode 16, has successfully united ~half the world against Britannia; episode 20, defeats his father (whose immortal).
Old 2008-09-19, 17:10   Link #11932
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

They'll probably tie or be forced to stop fighting.
Old 2008-09-19, 17:13   Link #11933
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
Flying is a signifacant advantage when you can stay out of range of an opponent that really only has short range attacks, and like you said, Kallen almost beat him despite that significant advantage. The second time, he had the Conquesta and Kallen had a downgraded version of her radiation arm.

As for overcoming the odds: In episode 2, Lelouch defeats the Britannians at Babel Tower; episode 4, frees the BKs; episode 6, would have succeded at getting Nunally if he had just grabbed her and ran; episode 8, successfully get 1 million Japanese out of Japan w/o firing a shot; episode 11, turns the tables on the Eunechs and gains a valuble ally; by episode 16, has successfully united ~half the world against Britannia; episode 20, defeats his father (whose immortal).
He's still been the only pilot in the entire series to be shown to beat her.

And...well, most o' that's simple battle stuff. Barring eight, part of eleven, and twenty.
Old 2008-09-19, 17:14   Link #11934
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
They'll probably tie or be forced to stop fighting.
Agreed. I'm not saying that Suzaku doesn't have the advantage with his live Geass. I am saying that it makes it too obvious that he'll win. Kallen always proven a good match in the past; I think she'll do so again. Even if Suzaku is about to win, something will stop it before it happens (maybe Gino and Anya since they're talking to Kallen in the Animedia conversation).
Old 2008-09-19, 17:14   Link #11935
Dream_Traveller
Banned

And, mind, Suzaku could kill Anya and Gino at the drop of a hat...which might very well happen.
Old 2008-09-19, 17:15   Link #11936
Verist
KDF Kallen Defense Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
I approve this post. But this is only my personal opinion.

I still think that Suzaku is the best pilot in code geass. And he uses his Live Geass in the good way now. Unbeatable (imo) when his opponent has the same kind of knightmare.
I hate to admit it, but the show has obviously set it up that Suzaku is the better pilot. I used to think Kallen could beat him because she would fight dirty/go 100% and he wouldn't. But the "new", even more annoying Suzaku won't hold back Live Geass or not.
Old 2008-09-19, 17:17   Link #11937
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Now that you guys mention pushing Li's knightmare to the limit, that entire thing with Li coughing blood cuz his machine is too strong screams ZECKS AND TALLGEESE.
Old 2008-09-19, 17:17   Link #11938
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

People are giving too much credit to his live Geass, especially the BS steroid crap he pulled against Bismarck. Bismarck was already piloting an inferior machine and his Geass was the only thing allowing him to keep up. The live Geass just allowed Suzaku to widen that gap to the point that it didn't matter if he could see the attacks coming. With kallen, they'll be fighting on equal ground, so all the live Geass is going to do is make him marginally faster. It won't be so excessive that Kallen will be unable to even see him coming.
Old 2008-09-19, 17:18   Link #11939
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
He's still been the only pilot in the entire series to be shown to beat her.

And...well, most o' that's simple battle stuff. Barring eight, part of eleven, and twenty.
Granted, he has beat her, but it's always been close. Kallen is resourceful, I think she'll put up a very good fight. Otherwise, Suzaku's 'Geass advantage' would be too obvious. At any rate, I think that at some point they'll probably end up talking since Lelouch will probably leave her with questions that need answering.

As far as the rest goes, how is the Albion and SEITEN not 'simple, battle stuff.' The two of them are simply having a battle. At any rate, my point was that odds have been overcome during R2, not whether it happened in battle or not.
Old 2008-09-19, 17:20   Link #11940
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verist View Post
I hate to admit it, but the show has obviously set it up that Suzaku is the better pilot. I used to think Kallen could beat him because she would fight dirty/go 100% and he wouldn't. But the "new", even more annoying Suzaku won't hold back Live Geass or not.
My point was that piloting a knigtmare is like piloting a plane (fighter), you need a strong body.

That's why I think that with the same kind of overpowered knightmare, Suzaku has a body who can allow him to push his knightmare to the limit. (And I hope that no one will try to say that kallen's body is as strong as suzaku, that would be ridiculous)

So even without the live geass, he has a big advantage: his body.