AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 3 7.69%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 5 12.82%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 28.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 14 35.90%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 12.82%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-06, 13:55   Link #161
octoberasian
Baka Gaijin :P
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loner View Post
The part of the prophecy about the Tower has already come true (I think), when the Numbers assaulted it two episodes ago.

...True. She's already enforced Rules 13, 24, 25, 30 & 32. And judging from this episode, I believe she'll be following #85 religiously from now until she gets Lilio back.

The Numbers, on the other hand, seem to subscribe to Rule #40.
I just looked over that list, and practically every Mahou Shojou series follows almost all of them. XD

And, reading it through, I agree 100% Nanoha follows them to the dot. Rule 85 is probably written on the sleeve of her barrier jacket by now after seeing Vivio strapped in that chair.
Old 2007-08-06, 15:33   Link #162
Meophist

Quote:
Originally Posted by octoberasian View Post
I just looked over that list, and practically every Mahou Shojou series follows almost all of them. XD

And, reading it through, I agree 100% Nanoha follows them to the dot. Rule 85 is probably written on the sleeve of her barrier jacket by now after seeing Vivio strapped in that chair.
Nanoha still hasn't killed anybody.

In any case, I'm not sure if killing Scagaletti will solve anything.
Old 2007-08-06, 22:52   Link #163
Guppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
"If brute force doesn't solve your problems, you aren't using enough."

I'd say that goes double for any series with Nanoha in it.
Old 2007-08-06, 22:57   Link #164
Fabien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
If you kill Scaglietti before taking care of the Numbers first, you'll have twelve dangerous and angry girls loose, which is *not* a good thing.
Old 2007-08-06, 23:01   Link #165
Fabien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy View Post
"If brute force doesn't solve your problems, you aren't using enough."

I'd say that goes double for any series with Nanoha in it.
Phil, Prince of Saillune, would tell you that you must avoid resorting to violence.

Last edited by Fabien; 2007-08-06 at 23:28.
Old 2007-08-07, 01:23   Link #166
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Is Vivio really strapped there? I don't see any cuffs on her legs (( can't see the hands though )), but at the very least, her legs isn't wailing in pain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabien View Post
If you kill Scaglietti before taking care of the Numbers first, you'll have twelve dangerous and angry girls loose, which is *not* a good thing.
Well... I dunno. I can imagine Uno breaking down if Jail dies, and without their pseudo-leader/elder sister at helm, I can see the Number's united force and teamwork breaking down. It's not like they're individually extremely strong... without support from one another, I wouldn't be surprised if Fate and Nanoha are more than enough to defeat them.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-08-07, 01:49   Link #167
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Her hands seem buckled down in some fashion because you don't see them moving even though she's squirming in pain. Though, her feet move from scene to scene so it's safe to say the legs aren't restrained.
Old 2007-08-07, 03:10   Link #168
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Can anyone see the number on Ginga?

I see XI and something after that... Looks like XIV (14).
Old 2007-08-07, 04:14   Link #169
Tormenk

First thought that came to me when i saw Ginga in this ep: Number XIII
Her Number armour is quite similar to her BJ, on hindsight. And how the hell did the doctor roll out a blitz caliber and left revolver knuckle for Ginga so fast?

And of course his source of info is questionable.Pulling a well executed attack like that on GC, attacking RF6 to retrieve Vivio when there weren't any obvious indication s she was there. And now attacking all 3 Einharjar units at one go.
Old 2007-08-07, 07:20   Link #170
Seiryuu

All I know right now is that the look on Nanoha's face at the end was very, very frightening. This is the sort of strain that I thought might trigger a berserk mode and shatter the limiters. However things go, no one had better stand between Nanoha and Vivio, because Scaglietti just turned her into an unstoppable force.
Scag is now officially the dumbest criminal in the universe.
Old 2007-08-07, 07:29   Link #171
Fabien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
Scag is now officially the dumbest criminal in the universe.
Well, I don't know.
Of course, for the viewer, Nanoha is the main character, so she will win in the end.
But for Jail, Nanoha and Fate are just TSAB dogs; he has the upper hand, and he's been scoffing at them for years (see ep 6).
Old 2007-08-07, 07:32   Link #172
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
However things go, no one had better stand between Nanoha and Vivio, because Scaglietti just turned her into an unstoppable force.
You would think so huh...

But that kind of plot would be too predictable and dull (Not counting the action of course), and there's 7 more episodes, so there's plenty of room for something else to happen.

After all, I would like to think that Nanoha and Vivio not being able to reach each other in the Op actually means something.
Old 2007-08-07, 07:34   Link #173
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Well, I just hope Nanoha actually suffers from some severe strained feedback on-screen when she uses Blaster Mode, because we all know she WILL use it.

I mean, A's had them talking about how cartridges and Full Drive may cause heavy strain blah blah stuff that are supposed to make us worry for them within those 13 episodes, and alas, we see nothing of such, other than a flashback in StrikerS that only showed it 2 years after A's.

Besides, I'm still hoping for...

Nanoha blast the way to the throne room.

Nanoha : VIVIO!
Vivio : MAMA!

Once she pulls her out of her seat...

Vivio :...Die.
Nanoha : Vivio?

Nanoha gets Saint King Breaker-ED.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-08-07, 07:38   Link #174
Fabien

Freid's surprised look at 10:35 is priceless

Spoiler for size:
Old 2007-08-07, 07:44   Link #175
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Besides, I'm still hoping for...

Nanoha blast the way to the throne room.

Nanoha : VIVIO!
Vivio : MAMA!
That could be potential comedy material... Especially if it turns out that nobody knows their way around 'Cradle'
Old 2007-08-07, 07:46   Link #176
Fabien

Quote:
Vivio :...Die.
Nanoha : Vivio?

Nanoha gets Saint King Breaker-ED.
MGLN isn't an anime for you. Watch Excel Saga instead.
Old 2007-08-07, 07:49   Link #177
Fabien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
That could be potential comedy material... Especially if it turns out that nobody knows their way around 'Cradle'
I think Nanoha will do the same as Lina in Slayers ep 26, and as Mizuki Kaho in Card Captor Sakura ep 26: "A labyrinth? What's that? Let's just blast those walls and go straight."
Old 2007-08-07, 07:55   Link #178
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabien View Post
I think Nanoha will do the same as Lina in Slayers ep 26, and as Mizuki Kaho in Card Captor Sakura ep 26: "A labyrinth? What's that? Let's just blast those walls and go straight."
Well, that's the problem with a 3-dimensional maze, it's not always straight.

AND, wouldn't want to hit poor, little, innocent, mistreated Vivio.

AND, if "Black Cat" could end that plot in 2 episodes, I'm seriously expecting something else...

Preferably Nightengale's scenario or similar.
Old 2007-08-07, 08:58   Link #179
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Well, I just hope Nanoha actually suffers from some severe strained feedback on-screen when she uses Blaster Mode, because we all know she WILL use it.

I mean, A's had them talking about how cartridges and Full Drive may cause heavy strain blah blah stuff that are supposed to make us worry for them within those 13 episodes, and alas, we see nothing of such, other than a flashback in StrikerS that only showed it 2 years after A's.
I agree. I'm looking forward to her linker core being completely fried. Of course, she'd survive, but it'd be the end of Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha because she burnt her magic up so badly she could never use magic again.
Old 2007-08-07, 09:03   Link #180
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
I agree. I'm looking forward to her linker core being completely fried. Of course, she'd survive, but it'd be the end of Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha because she burnt her magic up so badly she could never use magic again.
If that is the case, why can't I wish for everyone to die along with Spagetti since it's the most epic and appropiately Tomino way to send everyone off?