AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2008-03-11, 23:55   Link #41
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by james3wk View Post
Added to that, he seems to have possibly driven Blackbeard away during their encounter some 10 years previous to the current story (Shanks received the injury, but Blackbeard had to retreat (it could have been a battle where Shanks crew helped to fight Blackbeard, but One Piece has a fairly one-on-one style fighting, so I doubt Shanks crew would have helped)), and Blackbeard is possibly of a similiar level to Whitebeard (I still think that Whitebeard is the "top", but Blackbeard and Shanks are not too far behind).

I can not really comment right now. While I believe Kaidou is strong, the fact that Moria felt that adding Odz to his arsenal would help him to equal Kaidou, might mean that Kaidou is not that much stronger than Moria. So I felt that Kaidou would be around the 650-700 million range (to over simplify, about twice Moria's bounty). I do think that Kaidou is above Shanks, but I guess that we will find out in the next year or two .
We still don't know what really happened after Blackbeard scarred Shanks and this is why I really hope Oda does show us a flashback between these two. So far, however, there is more evidence to suggest that Blackbeard did win in his fight against Shanks because Shanks stated that he wasn't careless in his confrontation with Blackbeard and yet he still got severely damaged. Blackbeard, on the other hand, appears to have no injuries whatsoever. As for Whitebeard being at the top, it is only a matter of time until someone puts him in his place.

Regarding your second paragraph that I quoted, what do you mean exactly that you think Kaidou is above Shanks? You've estimated Kaidou's bounty to be around 650-700 milion, whereas Shanks you've estimated to be within the 800-850 million range. Do you mean that you think Kaidou may be stronger than Shanks?
Old 2008-03-12, 00:10   Link #42
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
We still don't know what really happened after Blackbeard scarred Shanks and this is why I really hope Oda does show us a flashback between these two. So far, however, there is more evidence to suggest that Blackbeard did win in his fight against Shanks because Shanks stated that he wasn't careless in his confrontation with Blackbeard and yet he still got severely damaged. Blackbeard, on the other hand, appears to have no injuries whatsoever. As for Whitebeard being at the top, it is only a matter of time until someone puts him in his place.

Regarding your second paragraph that I quoted, what do you mean exactly that you think Kaidou is above Shanks? You've estimated Kaidou's bounty to be around 650-700 milion, whereas Shanks you've estimated to be within the 800-850 million range. Do you mean that you think Kaidou may be stronger than Shanks?
Sorry, that was backwards, My apologies. I will go edit that part. It should say that Shanks is above Kaidou in terms of a bounty and possibly level of strength. (I do not think that Kaidou is above Shanks, but I guess that we will find out in the next year or two .

As to your first part, I agree partialy with your interpretation, that Shanks was careless, etc., but I do think it was Blackbeard who retreated. As to lasting damage, we saw Blackbeard take a Fire Arrow to the chest (presumably the heart), and receive minimal damage, so I doubt he would carry an scars from previous battles like Shanks does. So, at the time, I think it was Blackbeard who retreated, but if they fought today, I am not sure who would win, I think I would lean toward Blackbeard if Shanks attacks are limited to his sword and his killing intent/spiritual pressure (which I doubt they are).

As to Whitebeard, yes his time at the top is quickly coming to an end, just in time for Luffy to assume a the lapsing title of Yonkou .
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-12, 00:22   Link #43
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
.As to your first part, I agree partialy with your interpretation, that Shanks was careless, etc., but I do think it was Blackbeard who retreated. As to lasting damage, we saw Blackbeard take a Fire Arrow to the chest (presumably the heart), and receive minimal damage, so I doubt he would carry an scars from previous battles like Shanks does. So, at the time, I think it was Blackbeard who retreated, but if they fought today, I am not sure who would win, I think I would lean toward Blackbeard if Shanks attacks are limited to his sword and his killing intent/spiritual pressure (which I doubt they are).

As to Whitebeard, yes his time at the top is quickly coming to an end, just in time for Luffy to assume a the lapsing title of Yonkou .
In the paragraph I quoted, you mean not careless right? I have a question for you. If Blackbeard and Shanks were to fight, who would you root for? Come on now. I know you want to root for Blackbeard.

Also, do you really think that Luffy is going to become an emperor? I don't think that he would become one because quite frankly he doesn't have the sufficient amount of resources needed to achieve this title. He only has 8 crew members whereas the other emperors have massive crews. He would seem really out of place if he were to become an emperor.
Old 2008-03-12, 00:50   Link #44
james0246

Quote:
In the paragraph I quoted, you mean not careless right? I have a question for you. If Blackbeard and Shanks were to fight, who would you root for? Come on now. I know you want to root for Blackbeard.
I honestly do not know. I want to see what Blackbeard is searching for, whether it is One Piece or something else. Maybe he is just fighting to re-inspire the current generation of Pirates. Whatever the case, I want to know. So, If Shanks and Blackbeard were to meet within the next 50 or so chapters, I would probably root for Blackbeard. But if Blackbeard and Shanks survive to the end (wherever and whenever that may be), I might root for Shanks to win the fight (if they fight). Hopefully, that answers your question .

Quote:
Also, do you really think that Luffy is going to become an emperor? I don't think that he would become one because quite frankly he doesn't have the sufficient amount of resources needed to achieve this title. He only has 8 crew members whereas the other emperors have massive crews. He would seem really out of place if he were to become an emperor.
Yonkou is a title assigned by the military in regrds to the 4 most dangerous pirates in The New World. The World Government views these people as being dangerous because they either are close to solving the riddle of the Lost Century, or they simply have a large power base (lots of fodder soldiers with a few Commondore to Vice-Admiral ranked fighters - the actual Yonkou are undoubtedly stronger than an Admiral, but maybe not two or three at once), or a combination of both. Luffy meets both of these requirrments.

Luffy right now has a strong interest in the title of Pirate King as well as the desire to see One Piece for himself. Added to this, on his crew is an archaeologist that can decipher the ancient text, which makes him a greater risk in the eyes of the World Government than almost anyone else (since we are not ure if the other Yonkou can read the text). And finally, he has assembled a crew that can individually take down a Commondore to Vice-Admiral level marine, and soon enough can also take down individual Shichibukai (I do think that after the next major arc, Zoro and Sanji will have the strength to defeat a Shichibukai by themselves). So on all counts, Luffy is a man to be feared, and if the speculated Jinbei fight is just around the corner, Luffy will have yet another Shichibukai notch on his belt in regards to his level of strength against the World Government.

It is extremely possible that Luffy could be assigned the title of Yonkou if Whitebeard is defeated, or if Luffy defeats one of the Yonkou.

I do have an idea for Kadiou or the 4th Emperor, specifically that one of these people will be a stategist rather than an outright fighter.
Old 2008-03-12, 11:04   Link #45
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Yonkou is a title assigned by the military in regrds to the 4 most dangerous pirates in The New World. The World Government views these people as being dangerous because they either are close to solving the riddle of the Lost Century, or they simply have a large power base (lots of fodder soldiers with a few Commondore to Vice-Admiral ranked fighters - the actual Yonkou are undoubtedly stronger than an Admiral, but maybe not two or three at once), or a combination of both. Luffy meets both of these requirrments.
The emperors being stronger than the admirals is really just speculation at this moment. I do think that Whitebeard is stronger than the admirals just because of the title of world's strongest man he possesses, but I am not sure if Shanks and the other two are stronger than the admirals. The admirals are presumably the top fighters in the marines force, so they must be able to match up against the emperors and the warlords in terms of fighting strength. After the admirals, there is still the fleet admiral Sengoku to deal with. We are going to have to see everyone's fighting capabilities before making any assessments.
Old 2008-03-13, 02:51   Link #46
marvelB

Heh.... nearly forgot I made this thread.

Anyway, now that I've read through the rest of Thriller Bark, I'm really interested in seeing the crew meet up with Lola's mother. It seems to me like she'd be quite an interesting person (and of course, I'm still awaiting for any more information on Kaidou, and whether or not he's really one of the Yonkou). I'm also wondering if Impel Down is in the New World as well, since it's confirmed that the paper Ace gave Luffy only works in the New World. And after all, it's not like the location of the prison was specified during the Enies Lobby arc...
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 16:30   Link #47
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Heh.... nearly forgot I made this thread.

Anyway, now that I've read through the rest of Thriller Bark, I'm really interested in seeing the crew meet up with Lola's mother. It seems to me like she'd be quite an interesting person (and of course, I'm still awaiting for any more information on Kaidou, and whether or not he's really one of the Yonkou). I'm also wondering if Impel Down is in the New World as well, since it's confirmed that the paper Ace gave Luffy only works in the New World. And after all, it's not like the location of the prison was specified during the Enies Lobby arc...
Actually, it is already known that Kaidou is one of the four emperors. This was revealed when a group of pirates who fell victim to Moria's shadow stealing technique got their shadows back. They said that it was impossible for Moria to have been defeated, considering the fact that he used to fight on equal terms with Kaidou, one of the four emperors.

As for the paper Ace gave Luffy only working in the New World, I think this was a mistranslation. The paper Ace gave Luffy, which is known as a Biblicard, can only be found in the New World. This makes sense considering that both Lola and Ace, two characters that resided in the New World, came back from the New World with Biblicards. If Biblicards were available on the grand line, the strawhats would've found some by now. The only thing we know so far about the Biblicard is that when utilized it will guide the user to the original owner.
Old 2008-03-27, 14:20   Link #48
RyouichiX

I think this is wat will happened

They are going to find a way through to the new world in merman island there will be a shichibukai waiting there for them guarding it they will beat him cross to the other side and they will find themselves in the face of the emperor that is arlong's ex-crewmate. they will beat him at the same time blackbeard will cross to the new world and fight white beard defeating him and his crew. This will anger red shanks and he will go after blackbeard blackbeard will kill him too.meanwhile luffy will kill the fourth emperor and reach the final island on the opposite side blackbeard will also reach raftel. They will both go into the building that holds one piece and in the face of it will be the final battle of the story between luffy and blackbeard.

I know there is holes in the story like explanations of the history of one piece and certain mysteries but i think that these will be the major battles of one piece.
RyouichiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-28, 09:27   Link #49
Paraden1989

I think that once the Straw-hats get into the new world they might encounter ether an officer(s) from the Navy, and or one of the two unnamed members for the Yonkou.

I think one of the few islands will be Elbaf where I expect one of the two unnamed members for the Yonkou to be there. If it is Kaidou, I would think he ate the Light Light Fruit to combat Gecko Moria’s Shadow Shadow Fruit.

Another island I believe they will land on will be the Wano Country, and I also believe that they might Oda will do A LOT with Zoro. I think Ryuma will be a legend there, and Oda might link him and Zoro together; for example Ryuma might be Zoro’s grandfather or something.

I think Oda might introduce a Saga that deals with space pirates. I think he would start off by having the Straw-hats land on the Machine Island where Spaceys lived and have them travel to space. As a result, they probably will meet up with the Space Pirates (from Eneru’s title page arc) and/or Eneru himself!

I don’t know what Oda is planning for the rest of the series, but I am certain that he will be doing a lot with the people with, and the concept of, the Initial D, the Navy, Shichibukai, the Yonkou, and the revolutionaries.

As far as Raftel goes, I believe that Raftel is the island from the Void Century that the World Government tried to erase. And, the people with the initial D are probably the decedents of the great civilization during that time.
Paraden1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-29, 16:43   Link #50
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyouichiX View Post
I think this is wat will happened

They are going to find a way through to the new world in merman island there will be a shichibukai waiting there for them guarding it they will beat him cross to the other side and they will find themselves in the face of the emperor that is arlong's ex-crewmate. they will beat him at the same time blackbeard will cross to the new world and fight white beard defeating him and his crew. This will anger red shanks and he will go after blackbeard blackbeard will kill him too.meanwhile luffy will kill the fourth emperor and reach the final island on the opposite side blackbeard will also reach raftel. They will both go into the building that holds one piece and in the face of it will be the final battle of the story between luffy and blackbeard.

I know there is holes in the story like explanations of the history of one piece and certain mysteries but i think that these will be the major battles of one piece.
From my point of view, a lot of your speculation is likely to come to fruition. Just so you know, Arlong's ex-crewmate, who is known as Jimbei, is one of the seven warlords; hence he is not an emperor. I also feel that Jimbei will be the warlord stationed at Merman Island, acting as a fortified defense against any who dare to cross into the new world. Of course the strawhats will overcome him because they are going to enter the new world no matter what. As for the fate of the emperors, I do agree with you that Blackbeard will somehow be instrumental in the downfall of Whitebeard and that he will possibly defeat Shanks. Luffy is likely to fight against at least one emperor, so it will probably be either Kaidou or the unknown one. Blackbeard vs. Luffy in the final battle to claim One Piece is also a very likely scenario.
Old 2008-03-29, 16:57   Link #51
james0246

Quote:
From my point of view, a lot of your speculation is likely to come to fruition. Just so you know, Arlong's ex-crewmate, who is known as Jimbei, is one of the seven warlords; hence he is not an emperor. I also feel that Jimbei will be the warlord stationed at Merman Island, acting as a fortified defense against any who dare to cross into the new world. Of course the strawhats will overcome him because they are going to enter the new world no matter what. As for the fate of the emperors, I do agree with you that Blackbeard will somehow be instrumental in the downfall of Whitebeard and that he will possibly defeat Shanks. Luffy is likely to fight against at least one emperor, so it will probably be either Kaidou or the unknown one. Blackbeard vs. Luffy in the final battle to claim One Piece is also a very likely scenario.
Maybe after I see Blackbeard take down Whitebeard etc. I will finally join you on the Blackbeard bandwagon and begin to believe that he can be the final villian .
Old 2008-03-29, 17:04   Link #52
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Maybe after I see Blackbeard take down Whitebeard etc. I will finally join you on the Blackbeard bandwagon and begin to believe that he can be the final villian .
I see you still have a hard time getting convinced that Blackbeard is a likely candidate for being the final villain. Jeez james3wk, what is it you want from Blackbeard to prove himself to you? I'm just kidding. I am curious to know who you think is going to be the final villain.
Old 2008-03-29, 17:37   Link #53
james0246

Quote:
I see you still have a hard time getting convinced that Blackbeard is a likely candidate for being the final villain. Jeez james3wk, what is it you want from Blackbeard to prove himself to you? I'm just kidding. I am curious to know who you think is going to be the final villain.
I am not sure. I am a big old-school Shounen fan, and I have always loved the villian advancement (i.e. Piccolo to Vegeta to Freesia to Androids to Cell to Buu), a steady progression of new more powerful villians. If Blackbeard becomes the final boss, Oda will have done something unique in letting the final boss grow in strength along side the main protagonist. As I said, I would be okay with Blackbeard as a final boss, but he has to firmly prove himself, first. He has to go through a few overpowered life and death struggles (similiar to what Luffy has gone through) before I will agree that he can be a final boss.
Old 2008-04-15, 23:58   Link #54
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
I am not sure. I am a big old-school Shounen fan, and I have always loved the villian advancement (i.e. Piccolo to Vegeta to Freesia to Androids to Cell to Buu), a steady progression of new more powerful villians. If Blackbeard becomes the final boss, Oda will have done something unique in letting the final boss grow in strength along side the main protagonist. As I said, I would be okay with Blackbeard as a final boss, but he has to firmly prove himself, first. He has to go through a few overpowered life and death struggles (similiar to what Luffy has gone through) before I will agree that he can be a final boss.
The thing is james3wk, is that other powerful characters such as Shanks, Whitebeard, and Dragon haven't encountered any life and death struggles that we know of either and yet you don't say anything about them not being final bosses. Don't get me wrong. I am not trying to start an argument with you. I just feel that by your logic of going through life and death struggles, that other powerful characters who we have yet to see in action should not be eligible for final boss status because they haven't encountered any life and death struggles either. Blackbeard should be no exception by your logic.
Old 2008-04-16, 21:36   Link #55
pinkusmalloy

I am go to make a guest on what is going to happen next, remember the card Ace gave to Luffy I think in the next chapter or two we are going to find out that Ace maybe on the island since their are noble on the island and from the spoiler they have a weird habit of making pirates their pets. Since it is believe that he is was beaten by a another pirate. Also If you remember back in the beginning of the manga Luffy was saying he wanted ten member for his crews, right know he has only nine member included himself i think before he go to the second part of the he is going to meet either his brother or next crew member before he go to the new world.
pinkusmalloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 22:32   Link #56
james0246

Quote:
The thing is james3wk, is that other powerful characters such as Shanks, Whitebeard, and Dragon haven't encountered any life and death struggles that we know of either and yet you don't say anything about them not being final bosses. Don't get me wrong. I am not trying to start an argument with you. I just feel that by your logic of going through life and death struggles, that other powerful characters who we have yet to see in action should not be eligible for final boss status because they haven't encountered any life and death struggles either. Blackbeard should be no exception by your logic.
Again, I am fine with Blackbeard as a "final boss", but his presentation is a bit different from other "final bosses". One of the constants for establishing big-boss level villians is to have a pre-Main character fight where they are a complete badass in thier abilities. And then, their next fight will be against the main character. Crocodile, Enel, Lucci, and even Moria all had these introductory moments of pure-badassery.

Blackbeard is different though. He is either going to be a villian, but someone defeated by the "final boss", or he is going to turn into a Naraku-esque character (specifically he will level up with the main character, so that they can have their final bout against each other many chapters from now.) The only problem with taking a Naraku-esque route is the fact that the main villian can get boring fairly quickly (as Naraku did).

Again, I am fine with whatever Oda does with him. Blackbeard is in my top 5 non-Strawhat characters, so any screen time he gets is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by james0246; 2008-04-16 at 22:57.
Old 2008-04-17, 21:35   Link #57
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Again, I am fine with Blackbeard as a "final boss", but his presentation is a bit different from other "final bosses". One of the constants for establishing big-boss level villians is to have a pre-Main character fight where they are a complete badass in thier abilities. And then, their next fight will be against the main character. Crocodile, Enel, Lucci, and even Moria all had these introductory moments of pure-badassery.

Again, I am fine with whatever Oda does with him. Blackbeard is in my top 5 non-Strawhat characters, so any screen time he gets is greatly appreciated.
Blackbeard also had one of his "pre-main character" fights; his fight with Ace. In this respect he is really no different than the aforementioned villains you mentioned. Furthermore, all of the build up he is getting is really making him a likely candidate for being the final boss.

On a side note, I am really glad that Blackbeard is in your top 5 non-strawhat characters. I am sure you will agree with me that Blackbeard does not get enough recognition and respect from the fans. I am pretty sure that I can guess one of your other top 5 non-strawhat characters. Would I be correct to presume that Doflamingo is in your top 5 ?
Old 2008-04-18, 00:34   Link #58
james0246

Quote:
On a side note, I am really glad that Blackbeard is in your top 5 non-strawhat characters. I am sure you will agree with me that Blackbeard does not get enough recognition and respect from the fans. I am pretty sure that I can guess one of your other top 5 non-strawhat characters. Would I be correct to presume that Doflamingo is in your top 5 ?
Too true. My current Top 5 favourite Non-Strawhats are (in no particular order) Ao Kiji, Sengoku, Blackbeard, Doflamingo, and Mihawk (sometimes I throw Tsuru or Carue in there cause they are badass for being a duck and a woman older than dirt ). Kuma is currently not in the Top 5 for the specific reason that I do not understand his Devil Fruit powers (a silly reason, for sure, but his powers currently annoy me; hopefully once he fights again, a little more explanation will be given).
Old 2008-04-18, 20:59   Link #59
Thursaz

But, the final villian may not be a villian at all. The villian might be the second-last battle, followed by a battle against Cody and Helmeppo. This is entirely possible because the both of them are enduring the same training that Luffy went through, and they are being trained by the same person.

Or, Aokiji may be the last person they fight. Either way, it's not definite that the last fight will be with Blackbeard, Shanks or any pirate for than matter. It may even be Smoker. I'm quite sure all of the Shichibukai will have been defeated by Raftel, though.

The again, it certainly could be Blackbeard, since he's forming his crew much the same way as Luffy is. Not sure how Luffy'd fight his Darkness abilities, though!

Jimbei might not be defeated. Two Shichibukai defeated in such a close range is relatively unlikely. It might go as the 'battle' with Kuma- Jimbei letting them through for some reason. For instance, Caimie might be his- Jimbei's- daughter... Or something relatively similar. xD
Thursaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-19, 11:16   Link #60
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursaz View Post
But, the final villian may not be a villian at all. The villian might be the second-last battle, followed by a battle against Cody and Helmeppo. This is entirely possible because the both of them are enduring the same training that Luffy went through, and they are being trained by the same person.
This is definitely possible. In the "General Discussion on the Marines/Navy [Manga]" thread, one of the possibilities I predicted was that Coby is going to be the one to catch Luffy at the very end of the story. Coby is most definitely going to play a major role later on.

Quote:
Or, Aokiji may be the last person they fight. Either way, it's not definite that the last fight will be with Blackbeard, Shanks or any pirate for than matter. It may even be Smoker. I'm quite sure all of the Shichibukai will have been defeated by Raftel, though.
I really don't see either Aokiji or Smoker being the final boss for the strawhats. Aokiji and Smoker have their own moral sense of justice and by the end of the story, when the whole truth about the void history is unveiled, they may realize just how corrupt the world government is and refuse to do any more of their bidding. There are already a lot of policies that Aokiji and Smoker don't approve of from the World Government, so just imagine how reluctant they will be to act on behalf of them when they find out the real truth.

Quote:
The again, it certainly could be Blackbeard, since he's forming his crew much the same way as Luffy is. Not sure how Luffy'd fight his Darkness abilities, though!
Blackbeard and his crew are like the anit-strawhats. This is one of the reasons why it would be quite convincing for them to be the final villains.

Quote:
Jimbei might not be defeated. Two Shichibukai defeated in such a close range is relatively unlikely. It might go as the 'battle' with Kuma- Jimbei letting them through for some reason. For instance, Caimie might be his- Jimbei's- daughter... Or something relatively similar. xD
A lot of people say that defeating the shichibukai within short time intervals or in a consecutive manner is not likely. What people have to remember is that at this point, the story calls for it. The strawhats, especially Luffy, have shown that they are now able to contend with opponents of shichibukai caliber. Having said this, it is appropriate for them to start fighting the remaining shichibukai members onward throughout the story. Also, One Piece is presumably half way done, or at least that is what Oda likes to think of his progress so far. This means that there are still six warlords left to fight. I think that Oda is trying to make it clear that from now on, the strawhats are going to have one hell of a time trying to get by all of these top-dog adversaries. I feel that Oda is saying it is now time for the big hitters to come into play.