AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-10-12, 02:27   Link #281
Cyz
"Show it to me"

The battle was okay. It's nice to see the fiery colors and then some blend with blue here and there. I know the action is a bit short but I'm sure there's more coming. Oh and Index sounding and talking like a computer is a bit freaky.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2008-10-12, 03:24   Link #282
Riful
Of The West

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramlaen View Post
about episode 2

Spoiler:
When he looked at her in one scene, he had a really soft and worried expression though.
Old 2008-10-12, 04:21   Link #283
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Good 2nd episode.
Spoiler for ep 2:
Quote:
Originally Posted by serebe View Post
Heeheehee, wonder if JC Staff hates Toradora~ Index is going so well.
If you're constituting this based on the fact that they passed through alot of material, i say it's because there are plot developments that are contained in the first set of chapters in TAMnI(well, this doesn't feel like the kind of story that screws around, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was like this throughout). This wasn't really the case with Toradora.
Old 2008-10-12, 05:15   Link #284
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

It's quite frustrating to not able to obtain the novels before the anime started (all the stores I went to were sold out due to the hype by the anime), or I would've commented more.

In any case, just from the anime alone, the fight in this episode was awesome. The flames reminded me of Shana a lot.

Why am I disturbed by Komoe living in a dump full of cigarettes and beer cans? Just how old is this loli? The only other "loli" I can think of who smokes a lot is Akira-sama from Lucky Star.
Old 2008-10-12, 05:19   Link #285
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Hmm, episode one caught my interest in this anime but episode two was kind of boring. The fight scenes were ok and they gave a little bit more information about people born with powers and those who can use magic. However, all that wasn't as interesting because I was hoping for a more mystical or grander explanation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
In any case, just from the anime alone, the fight in this episode was awesome. The flames reminded me of Shana a lot.

Why am I disturbed by Komoe living in a dump full of cigarettes and beer cans? Just how old is this loli? The only other "loli" I can think of who smokes a lot is Akira-sama from Lucky Star.
Ditto. When I saw that scene I was like, "What the hell is with this loli?!".
Old 2008-10-12, 05:53   Link #286
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
As expected, considering the number of episodes.
I guess the OP (Mami again?) will change half-way then... (and the ED too)
I would be putting money on KOTOKO doing the 2nd op.
Old 2008-10-12, 06:30   Link #287
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Second episode was good stuff. The action delivers with great animation (yes i thought of Shana thanks to all those flames), and we have a good look at the life style of the loli teacher. Alcohol and cigarettes, oh my.

The character i've been wanting to see appears at the end. Hopefully she'll have more screentime in episode three.
Old 2008-10-12, 06:41   Link #288
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Youth View Post
Ditto. When I saw that scene I was like, "What the hell is with this loli?!".
She's an adult really.

One of the 7 great mysteries of Academy City.

Sigh~ Faux lolis shatters impressions, huh?
Old 2008-10-12, 07:36   Link #289
RamzaOwns
GUN道奥義 「賢者の舞」

Spoiler for ep 2:
Old 2008-10-12, 08:01   Link #290
Onibur
(ಠ_ಠ)

Spoiler for episode 2:
Old 2008-10-12, 08:01   Link #291
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
It's quite frustrating to not able to obtain the novels before the anime started (all the stores I went to were sold out due to the hype by the anime), or I would've commented more.

Don't forget Nobue from Strawberry Marshmallow anime. She was aged for the anime version and is a chain-smoking, beer guzzling adult who looks like something younger.

Komoe is an adult like the others have said already. The legal age for smoking and alcohol consumption in Japan is 20 IIRC so she's prob older than 20. Not to get OT but was Akira's age ever stated? She's prob at least 20 pretending to be a teen and it could be a silent running gag about her.

Last edited by orion; 2008-10-12 at 08:12.
Old 2008-10-12, 09:04   Link #292
Red Lupine
Bulzome High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamzaOwns View Post
must be great that no one "lives" in the appartments lol
I know, what's up with that, the entire floor was on fire, the bad guy said the efreet thing was 3k degrees and no one came out
Old 2008-10-12, 09:18   Link #293
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Lupine View Post
I know, what's up with that, the entire floor was on fire, the bad guy said the efreet thing was 3k degrees and no one came out
Their doors were on fire. They would have been killed if they tried to leave that way. Apartment dwellers have to stay inside. It's called passive escape. The lower floors could have attempted to escape when the extinguishers went on.
Old 2008-10-12, 09:23   Link #294
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Lupine View Post
I think it is best to treat this as another mistake from the author, along with the incredibly washable ink and the ceiling runes getting wet (and how the clothes don't burn, despite everything else melting)...
I believe there was an explanation that everyone was out because it was summer vacation or something, but it's still pretty hard to believe everyone was out...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-10-12, 09:28   Link #295
orion

Fire safety. See my above post guys. It's not a mistake on the animators part.
Old 2008-10-12, 09:51   Link #296
RamzaOwns
GUN道奥義 「賢者の舞」

and it sure took the extinguishers a long time to do its work

extinguishers: 3000 degrees? nope, fire not strong enough to spray water, ill wait a bit longer
Old 2008-10-12, 09:55   Link #297
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Second episode was good stuff. The action delivers with great animation (yes i thought of Shana thanks to all those flames), and we have a good look at the life style of the loli teacher. Alcohol and cigarettes, oh my.

The character i've been wanting to see appears at the end. Hopefully she'll have more screentime in episode three.
Yes and Yes.

Now I'm almost angry as to why Shana and Slayers Revolution didn't have this kind of level of detail to animation, story and writing.

I mean, why? Why only this and not those? I'm seriously a bit peeved off.
Old 2008-10-12, 10:07   Link #298
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Personally I'd wouldn't be going outside with all that fire anyways. Especially on the floors where the door handles were melting .

Adult or not that teacher lives in a dump that's for sure. Pretty entertaining to see the state she leaves it in.
Old 2008-10-12, 10:31   Link #299
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamzaOwns View Post
and it sure took the extinguishers a long time to do its work

extinguishers: 3000 degrees? nope, fire not strong enough to spray water, ill wait a bit longer

Maybe the fire battle was in an area without adequate sprinkler coverage or Innocens was not in the area long enough to heat the sprinkler to operation levels. The sprinkler itself has to be heated to a specific temperature (165 F) for it to work apparently. I think that Toma manually tripped the sprinklers.
Old 2008-10-12, 11:20   Link #300
loltan

I thought there was nobody there when things were getting burned anyways...
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, science fiction, shounen