AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Regios

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-11, 16:08   Link #21
GreenLama
Banned

Layfon is "the man" and I love how he just took on that giant filth monster head on, that must have taken courage and a giant set of brass hangers. I look foward to seeing where his character goes from a story and a combat POV.
Old 2009-03-11, 20:34   Link #22
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Layfon is a nut, he has a rubber butt, everytime he turns around it goes "putt putt".
Old 2009-03-12, 05:02   Link #23
Enternal

Layfon definitely is awesome. However, it seems that because he is so awesome at times and Nina is weaker than him in terms of fighting, people became more biased against her than him saying that since he is stronger and everything, Nina blah blah blah.... it's annoying.

Other than that, he has everything doesn't he? He can cook so that's definitely awesome. He can fight and is strong at it too! Intelligent wise, we don't know too much yet. I won't say he's intelligent but he is not stupid either which is more important since stupid heroes are annoying anyway.
Old 2009-03-12, 05:10   Link #24
Enternal

............ What Creeping Monkey MACKERELS!! DOUBLE DOUBLE POSTS! Whee!!

Last edited by Enternal; 2009-03-12 at 05:11. Reason: Double Posts...
Old 2009-03-12, 10:56   Link #25
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
Layfon definitely is awesome. However, it seems that because he is so awesome at times and Nina is weaker than him in terms of fighting, people became more biased against her than him saying that since he is stronger and everything, Nina blah blah blah.... it's annoying.

Other than that, he has everything doesn't he? He can cook so that's definitely awesome. He can fight and is strong at it too! Intelligent wise, we don't know too much yet. I won't say he's intelligent but he is not stupid either which is more important since stupid heroes are annoying anyway.
Layfon being strong, and nina being weak have nothing to do with why I hate her.

I am just happy we finally have a main character who kicks a lot of ass right off the bat, and isn't goofy like Kenshin or Vash.
Old 2009-03-12, 11:44   Link #26
Rezard

I don't like Layfon, he is simple the perfect litlle hero. He is soo boring.
He has no negative traits, he reminds me of super man, the super great guy who always do the right thing.

A cool badass character must have some bad trait, like Vash's goofness (Trigun), Kenshins regrets(Rurouni Kenshin), Alucard's evilness(Hell Sing) or Guts's seriousness (Berserk). Layfon is a walking 80's cliche hero. if I had to choose, I would highly prefer the 90/00's weakiling hero cliche.

Really, this show gets on my nerves sometimes: nobody can be cool but Layfon, no girl can love a guy other than Layfon. Soon Layfon will try to best Chuck Norris.

I am hoping he will get his ass owned soon.
Old 2009-03-12, 11:57   Link #27
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezard View Post
I don't like Layfon, he is simple the perfect litlle hero. He is soo boring.
He has no negative traits, he reminds me of super man, the super great guy who always do the right thing.

A cool badass character must have some bad trait, like Vash's goofness (Trigun), Kenshins regrets(Rurouni Kenshin), Alucard's evilness(Hell Sing) or Guts's seriousness (Berserk). Layfon is a walking 80's cliche hero. if I had to choose, I would highly prefer the 90/00's weakiling hero cliche.

Really, this show gets on my nerves sometimes: nobody can be cool but Layfon, no girl can love a guy other than Layfon. Soon Layfon will try to best Chuck Norris.

I am hoping he will get his ass owned soon.
are we watching the same show? Layfon is a cliche 80s action hero when he just admitted to attempted pre-mediated murder in order to hide illegal activates?
Old 2009-03-12, 12:09   Link #28
Rezard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
are we watching the same show? Layfon is a cliche 80s action hero when he just admitted to attempted pre-mediated murder in order to hide illegal activates?
By the way this anime is going, I am pretty sure he will have some pretty reason, like saving poor orphans from starvation (this actually seem an irony, but it feets in the storyline). And the supossed victim was the responsible culprit or was evil in someother way and deserved to die.

I wouldnt have my hopes up if I were you.
Old 2009-03-12, 15:26   Link #29
GreenLama
Banned

Quote:
By the way this anime is going, I am pretty sure he will have some pretty reason, like saving poor orphans from starvation (this actually seem an irony, but it feets in the storyline). And the supossed victim was the responsible culprit or was evil in someother way and deserved to die.

Eh, they cant please everyone I guess but they do a good job on Layfon in my eyes, he's one of my favorite characters. I do admit that sometimes the show is a little cliche, but thats okay by me.
Old 2009-03-12, 17:45   Link #30
Enternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Layfon being strong, and nina being weak have nothing to do with why I hate her.

I am just happy we finally have a main character who kicks a lot of ass right off the bat, and isn't goofy like Kenshin or Vash.
For you it isn't so that's a good thing but for some others it is which is a sad thing. Well, Vash's goofness did make it funny to watch. For some reason, I just thought of Abel from Trinity Blood. I thought he was pretty cool too.

Quote:

I don't know if you are being serious or not but it is exactly like that. However, it seems like me and Xellos still is watching and enjoying it beside being so cliche. They must have done something right in Regios for us to not care about the cliche and enjoy it a lot.
Old 2009-03-12, 21:59   Link #31
justinstrife

Quote:
For you it isn't so that's a good thing but for some others it is which is a sad thing. Well, Vash's goofness did make it funny to watch. For some reason, I just thought of Abel from Trinity Blood. I thought he was pretty cool too.

I don't know if you are being serious or not but it is exactly like that. However, it seems like me and Xellos still is watching and enjoying it beside being so cliche. They must have done something right in Regios for us to not care about the cliche and enjoy it a lot.
I hated Vash. HATED. The only times I could tolerate him is when he got serious. I don't watch these shows for 'humor'. I watch them for ass-kickingness.
Old 2009-03-13, 00:07   Link #32
Enternal

Quote:
I hated Vash. HATED. The only times I could tolerate him is when he got serious. I don't watch these shows for 'humor'. I watch them for ass-kickingness.
Haha! Well, at least he did make you feel something. Some heroes are only good for the ass-kickingness and that's it so it can become boring at times. However, if he is retarded, goofy, or some other traits, it makes it better that he can kick major ass and be something else too. That's probably why I like Vash. I like it how he makes everyone think he's retarded than BAM! They got themselves owned. Some of the heroes are more like "he seems strong and cool. I shouldn't mess with him too much" so there's no surprise factor on their faces when they got owned sometimes.

Well, Layfon does have a bit of that actually. He seems so normal and smiles a lot and when the situation comes, he owns those monsters.
Old 2009-03-13, 01:06   Link #33
justinstrife

Where as you laugh and are amused by those instances, I face palm and shake my head. Guess it just shows how different you and I are wired.

I've been watching anime since 1985 and my favorite male characters have always been the serious ones. Always.
Old 2009-03-13, 01:27   Link #34
Enternal

Haha, we are different then. I have a tendency to love "games" like that. For instance, I play the piano and you know how a lot of wannabes tend to say they can play but they usually play Fur Elise? Well, when I meet an actual good piano player, I sometimes like to play Fur Elise in front of them. Then next time, play an actual hard song. I guess I'm kind of evil in that way since I like to see reactions like that.

Anyway, since 1985? Wow, so you are old then definitely a fan of anime then since you have been watching for so long. For me, I started in 1997 when Pokemon, Sailor Moon, and other series like CCS start showing so I guess I'm kind of recent. Well, I started watching when I was 8 so it's not exactly easy to watch it any younger than that. It does seem like you are very consistent with your taste though so that can be a good thing.

But yeah, Layfon is pretty cool and strong. Loves how he tends to smile a lot too. It also reminds me of Fai from Tsubasa which I totally like as well. Of course Kurogane was not too bad at all when it comes to kicking ass since he enjoys it most of the time.
Old 2009-03-13, 05:37   Link #35
Tjaard
Welcome to Kourindou

Send a message via MSN to Tjaard
Quote:
Haha, we are different then. I have a tendency to love "games" like that. For instance, I play the piano and you know how a lot of wannabes tend to say they can play but they usually play Fur Elise? Well, when I meet an actual good piano player, I sometimes like to play Fur Elise in front of them. Then next time, play an actual hard song. I guess I'm kind of evil in that way since I like to see reactions like that.

Anyway, since 1985? Wow, so you are old then definitely a fan of anime then since you have been watching for so long. For me, I started in 1997 when Pokemon, Sailor Moon, and other series like CCS start showing so I guess I'm kind of recent. Well, I started watching when I was 8 so it's not exactly easy to watch it any younger than that. It does seem like you are very consistent with your taste though so that can be a good thing.

But yeah, Layfon is pretty cool and strong. Loves how he tends to smile a lot too. It also reminds me of Fai from Tsubasa which I totally like as well. Of course Kurogane was not too bad at all when it comes to kicking ass since he enjoys it most of the time.
I started around 1991-1993, with our dear old mecha series
Well i like surely the serious ones male characters but the funny too, i hate the stupid ecchi one for example
But if you ask me what type of chara i despise surely for me is Leerin's type
Continuing to see that kind of person in rpg, manga & and anime began to annoying me deeply; the useless girl on a shounen type story, that is good only with words or moral support, that strangely have a big power and all people that she has around need to protect her; i'm pretty tired to see this type of chara or probably because for an action, adventure or shounen type story i prefer see always combat type chara (felli is combat, narki, the monkey little girl or the queen too), but surely i don't like chara as Leerin
Old 2009-03-13, 11:15   Link #36
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Haha! Well, at least he did make you feel something. Some heroes are only good for the ass-kickingness and that's it so it can become boring at times. However, if he is retarded, goofy, or some other traits, it makes it better that he can kick major ass and be something else too. That's probably why I like Vash. I like it how he makes everyone think he's retarded than BAM! They got themselves owned. Some of the heroes are more like "he seems strong and cool. I shouldn't mess with him too much" so there's no surprise factor on their faces when they got owned sometimes.

Well, Layfon does have a bit of that actually. He seems so normal and smiles a lot and when the situation comes, he owns those monsters.
Quote:
Where as you laugh and are amused by those instances, I face palm and shake my head. Guess it just shows how different you and I are wired.

I've been watching anime since 1985 and my favorite male characters have always been the serious ones. Always.
i like the both types, the on i can't stand are the hot blooded ones.
Old 2009-03-13, 14:31   Link #37
Enternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
I usually don't mind those types if they were more intelligent but somehow, those hot headed types are usually dumb or something so it's really annoying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjaard View Post
I started around 1991-1993, with our dear old mecha series
Well i like surely the serious ones male characters but the funny too, i hate the stupid ecchi one for example
But if you ask me what type of chara i despise surely for me is Leerin's type
Continuing to see that kind of person in rpg, manga & and anime began to annoying me deeply; the useless girl on a shounen type story, that is good only with words or moral support, that strangely have a big power and all people that she has around need to protect her; i'm pretty tired to see this type of chara or probably because for an action, adventure or shounen type story i prefer see always combat type chara (felli is combat, narki, the monkey little girl or the queen too), but surely i don't like chara as Leerin

Yeah, Leerin is really a cliche type but I'm actually find with those so it doesn't bother me much. The first type like that I encounter is from a JRPG named Lunar. It did not really both me much although that's probably the first time encounter them. Lunar 2 has the same type for the main heroine except initially, she owns everything in sight until her powers were sealed by the main baddy.

Actually, when I think about it, I never had much problems with cliche characters and I think that's because I tend to enjoy it for what it is and don't usually compare series with other series or games that much because if I do, I don't think I could enjoy it as much since I keep on seeing the similarity. It's similar to how Layfon is. He's actually quite cliche but I still enjoy watching him as much as all the other heroes in games or series.
Old 2009-03-13, 14:51   Link #38
Tjaard
Welcome to Kourindou

Send a message via MSN to Tjaard
Quote:
I usually don't mind those types if they were more intelligent but somehow, those hot headed types are usually dumb or something so it's really annoying.

Yeah, Leerin is really a cliche type but I'm actually find with those so it doesn't bother me much. The first type like that I encounter is from a JRPG named Lunar. It did not really both me much although that's probably the first time encounter them. Lunar 2 has the same type for the main heroine except initially, she owns everything in sight until her powers were sealed by the main baddy.

Actually, when I think about it, I never had much problems with cliche characters and I think that's because I tend to enjoy it for what it is and don't usually compare series with other series or games that much because if I do, I don't think I could enjoy it as much since I keep on seeing the similarity. It's similar to how Layfon is. He's actually quite cliche but I still enjoy watching him as much as all the other heroes in games or series.
Ah Lunar, those are good memories, I still remember her song
I never had much problems with cliche characters too, but after so many things, for female chara i've 2 type that i despise, the "useless girl on a shounen type story, that is good only with words or moral support, that strangely have a big power and all people that she has around need to protect her", and the "abusive, selfish, ecc loli" (you know, Taiga, Louise, Shana, Index ecc.). There is always the possibility that i can enjoy their personality and way of thinking, but surely not type of chara
Old 2009-03-13, 19:54   Link #39
justinstrife

Quote:

The first instrument I learned, was the Piano back in 1987. In 1991 I took up the Flute, as I always loved how peaceful the sound was. In 1995 I took up the guitar before getting into other hobbies and stepping away from instruments altogether.

My first animes were Voltron, Gundam, Macross, and Transformers.

Ahh a fan of Tsubasa Chronicles, eh? Yes I liked Fai and Kurogane both. Fai was playful(with his serious side in check), and Kurogane was always serious, but their interactions couldn't help but make you laugh. They were my favorites in the show to be honest with you, and I loved the scenes with both of them meshing.

The humor induced by them, was a far more playful and serious nature, than say the ones with Vash or Kenshin, and that's why I appreciate them far more.
Old 2009-03-13, 21:36   Link #40
TrueKnight

Layfon is a badass because he's cool and composed and tends not to rush into things but rather think strategically. He's also a good guy, tends to be drag around by the girls, reluctant but if something's wrong he'll immediately act settling them using his mad skillz. I guess being somehow a seasoned fighter right from the start gave this handicapp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezard
Layfon is a walking 80's cliche hero. if I had to choose, I would highly prefer the 90/00's weakiling hero cliche.
Lol are you making fun the epitome of manliness, Kenshiro from Fist of the North Star?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
Nah, Kazuma from Scryed was cool.
Closed Thread