AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On!! (Second Season) - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 38 38.38%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 29.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 17.17%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 7.07%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 4.04%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.02%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.01%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.01%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-19, 04:48   Link #41
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Oh hey a Mio-centric episode where they didn't pimp her out. So this show CAN make Mio jokes without exploiting her.

It's actually kind of impressive how the show can subtly insert the themes and issues of graduation, maturation and college life without them overpowering the show's usual comedy and laid-back setting. The show manages to remain funny and silly but still have a hint of seriousness to it. The story did itself strongly introduce those issues when the season started and it makes me happy they didn't abandon it for cheap moe fanpandering. Again, goes to show you can be silly and moe without sacrificing anything else. This episode is testament to that actually.

Fittingly, my favorite scene is the final part where Sokabe smiled and thanked them after receiving the picture and the text. You may move on to college and eventually adult life in the real world, but at your core you're still who you are to the end; in her case a Mio fangirl to the end.

And because characters like her don't lose sight of what they are and what they like, it makes me believe that HTT will remain a band even after college, which is good since college life offers comparatively more time for extra stuff, and they could easily use this time to the fullest. I'm not hoping against hope right?

Before I forget I actually like the preview. Seems pretty serious and probably a Yui episode.
Old 2010-05-19, 04:52   Link #42
StudioJC
Loser-Bum

Never knew that there were so many lesbos in that place.
Old 2010-05-19, 04:55   Link #43
kitten320

Being a fan doesn't immediately mean that you have to be in love with that person

But then again it is a girl school and it probably has several 100s of students. So those 20 out of 100s are not that much
Old 2010-05-19, 05:40   Link #44
shyezrylei
Intoxicated Guitarist

Send a message via MSN to shyezrylei Send a message via Yahoo to shyezrylei
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunwen View Post
my number of the Azunyan fan club is 1.
That "SaintessHeart" guy is gonna get you for declaring that lol.
Old 2010-05-19, 06:13   Link #45
OZ7UP
Music for life.
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunwen View Post
my number of the Azunyan fan club is 1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyezrylei View Post
That "SaintessHeart" guy is gonna get you for declaring that lol.
Methinks that this is starting to become a tad too ridiculous. That said, though...

* waves goodbye at sunwen *

Ahem.

I was wondering how they were going to pull off the whole "stalker" storyline, and I was not disappointed. I enjoyed the flashback with Mio, Nodoka and Sogabe - Mio's reaction to Sogabe being the founding member of her fan club was really hilarious.

And, of course, we've got a new song. I really enjoyed Mio's rendition of "Fude Pen ~ Boru Pen" from episode 12 from the first season, but "Pure Pure Heart" was simply unbelievable. Definitely cannot wait until it's released.
Old 2010-05-19, 06:22   Link #46
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

AZUNYAN IS MINE!

*hacks sunwen to death*

Nobody covets my wife! Stay away! Go fight the tomboy for the older one!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-05-19, 06:34   Link #47
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
AZUNYAN IS MINE!

*hacks sunwen to death*

Nobody covets my wife! Stay away! Go fight the tomboy for the older one!
You can't have both Kanade and Azusa.
Old 2010-05-19, 06:57   Link #48
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Then I guess I'll be number 1 in Ritsu fan club
You're not a true member of her fan club unless you have a secret stash of hairbands worn by her. Now how on you can collect such things from a character that's fictional is another story.

I hope no one took that seriously. In any case, I'm not sure what number to take, but when it comes to fan clubs based on K-ON! girls, Tainaka Ritsu is indeed the most important to me.
Old 2010-05-19, 07:40   Link #49
Friday
Im shy too...

in my opinion its a Nodoka series.....
and how she ended up the next president of the fan club.
poor Mio.....
Old 2010-05-19, 07:44   Link #50
pseudonhym
わかんないよ

first half kinda bored me with all those flashbacks. Or maybe I'm just tired of Mio and started to warm up to other characters like Yui and Azunyan~. I guess the part that i liked was the band singing their new song... but meh.. was expecting Mugi would be the first to sing it (or is it another song, the one that Mugi was supposed to compose)
Old 2010-05-19, 07:48   Link #51
Friday
Im shy too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudonhym View Post
first half kinda bored me with all those flashbacks. I guess the part that i liked was the release of their new song... but meh.. was expecting Mugi would be the first to sing it (or is it another song, the one that Mugi was supposed to compose)
yeah but it was Mio special day so she sung it instead
Old 2010-05-19, 07:53   Link #52
pseudonhym
わかんないよ

And here I thought they would finally give Mugi some love. I guess being popular comes first.
Old 2010-05-19, 07:59   Link #53
Peanutbutter

Damn, I really laughed out loud during the "entrance" scene, playing the wedding theme, together with the cutting of the wedding cake by Azunyan and Mio.

Now, we just need some doujin to expand that scene.

Another Yui episode? Where's the love for Mugi?
Old 2010-05-19, 08:56   Link #54
stubby42

Good god I hope they get back on track next episode, two disapointing episodes in a row.

The fan club and the president were just plain creepy and the bands reaction (in particular Mio's) was just plain odd, how does she go from OMG I'm so scared theirs a stalker to, wow I make my stalker so happy lets do something nice for her.
Old 2010-05-19, 09:21   Link #55
roankun
Tsundere Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubby42 View Post
The fan club and the president were just plain creepy and the bands reaction (in particular Mio's) was just plain odd, how does she go from OMG I'm so scared theirs a stalker to, wow I make my stalker so happy lets do something nice for her.
... I didn't notice that. Maybe because I thought Mio was just that kind of person?

Anyway, even though this is a Mio-centric episode, it's making me like Azusa more. Well, Mio's no. 1, and Azusa's 2, but because of this... I thought it was really cute that she was singing along to the chorus ^^

Also, my view of Nodoka changed. Is it just me, or is she cuter? Also just noticed that Mio wore Nodoka's glasses in the OP.
Old 2010-05-19, 09:24   Link #56
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudonhym View Post
first half kinda bored me with all those flashbacks. Or maybe I'm just tired of Mio and started to warm up to other characters like Yui and Azunyan~. I guess the part that i liked was the band singing their new song... but meh.. was expecting Mugi would be the first to sing it (or is it another song, the one that Mugi was supposed to compose)
If you're referring to the song title that Tsumugi came up with back in episode 3, it has a title different from the one that they sung in this episode. Actually, we've had at least four new titles mentioned so far.

Can't Stop Eating Strawberry Parfaits in episode 1. Which was on piece of paper along with songs mentioned in the first season. Honey Sweet Tea Time in episode 3. The song title that Tsumugi came up with. Triangle Love in episode 6. Pure Pure Heart in episode 7.

Of those four songs, only Pure Pure Heart has been sung so far. Whether or not the other three will be sung and if so by whom remains to be seen.
Old 2010-05-19, 09:31   Link #57
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite
Wow, this episode has been pretty epic.

That Mio tea party was awesome.
Where the heck can I get one of those squeaky horns Yui used? I must of busted my liver laughing during that scene she pulled that out.
The cake scene with Azu-nyan and their blank faces of embarassment.
The funny-ass music playing all the time.

Oh man that was so much fun to watch. PERFECT 100000000000000000000~ for once I agree!

XD

Credit @ fallschirmjager
Old 2010-05-19, 10:14   Link #58
kitten320

That wasn't Mugi's song, hers is still in process so no point complaining here.

And the talker thingy, Mio did same thing in manga. Though it was creepy, president meant no harm and was graduating. And since Mio is kind hearted it was expected of her to try to do something nice.

Though her fan club is weird... they get excited about the most ridiculous things...

I think Yui and Ritsu deserved more credit for being entertaining and saving Mio from her embrassing poem.

I just love how Mugi pushes her to the side
Old 2010-05-19, 10:33   Link #59
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Is it just me, or did the Mio tea party play out eeriely like a one-woman Chinese wedding dinner? I mean, it's freakin' complete with MCs, wedding cake, and a freakin' my-life-up-til-now slideshow.

Seriously, all that's missing is a white wedding dress for her, and it could practically be a Mio & Fan Club wedding dinner. I like Mio-centric episodes as much as any, but this is hitting just a wee bit too close to home for me.
Old 2010-05-19, 10:36   Link #60
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

I don't know about one-woman Chinese wedding dinners, but I just recently attended a retirement party (in this case, my dad's) with the exact same format, so it also hits close to home but in a different manner

On another note... If all of S2's IN Songs are as good as Pure Pure Heart in composition, then it'll be an awesome season of K-On music ahead

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Closed Thread