AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

View Poll Results: Amagami SS+ plus - Episode 3 (Rihoko After 1) Rating
Perfect 10 4 16.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 3 12.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 48.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 16.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 8.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-01-20, 17:47   Link #21
taichi-kun

Glad to see the senpais,they are in the same university. I expected that

Do you know if Makabe is in the game? and if he is junichi's rival too?
Old 2012-01-20, 21:55   Link #22
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_animagic View Post
@ 9:00
Did Little Junichi just peeked at Little Rihoko's chest and was thinking of something naughty?
Oh, to be young. I remember my young days where -- at the playground... some girl was literally walking on top of the monkey bars... and all I had to do was look up.

This situation at the end of the episode is -- most definitely one way for Rihoko to get out of the friend zone... OR... end up further deep into the friend zone (if Miya's brother misunderstands the situation).
Old 2012-01-20, 22:50   Link #23
julez
Tsundere-chan

Well color me surprised! This episode wasn't nearly as insufferable as I thought it was going to be... it was actually... interesting? *shock* lol
Rihoko herself isn't such a bad character, but I dislike how the writers have her constantly focused on dieting. Which in itself isn't a bad thing, but when it comes up in almost every single conversation... I wonder if she has much else to talk about.
Did anyone else think it was rude of Junichi to make the comment that she'd gained a lot of weight since spring?? I know he was just teasing her, but talk about insensitive since he knows that she's struggling.
I'm hoping there will be some development in their relationship for Rihoko's sake, and I'm pretty optimistic that something is going to happen. Just look at that low cut tight white dress she's wearing! And she's going to feed him eel, EEL!! lol
Old 2012-01-21, 01:44   Link #24
Johnny
Working the bags...

Nothing Junichi spews out of his mouth surprises me anymore, so the are you getting fatter comment didn't cause me to face palm...

Eh, thought I accidentally downloaded one of those rape plot h-mangas many like to have Rihoko star in that was turned into an anime toward the end. From the preview it looks like Junichi did a 180 and got the hell away from the scene...

Seems like they're going for the let's make Junichi jealous plot in order for him to start thinking about Rihoko on a romantic level...?
Old 2012-01-21, 05:03   Link #25
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by julez View Post
Rihoko herself isn't such a bad character, but I dislike how the writers have her constantly focused on dieting. Which in itself isn't a bad thing, but when it comes up in almost every single conversation... I wonder if she has much else to talk about.
Did anyone else think it was rude of Junichi to make the comment that she'd gained a lot of weight since spring?? I know he was just teasing her, but talk about insensitive since he knows that she's struggling.
Yeah, this was one of the aspects I liked less about this arc in the original show as well. Rihoko really isn't that fat, but the writers really like to over-use it as a gag. It's sort of like those comedy routines where the entire act is based on how the performer looks. And it's clear that Junichi's only teasing her, and it doesn't really bother him at all... but it's pretty obvious why she's so self-conscious about it. Poor girl's self-image is shot for life.
Old 2012-01-21, 05:03   Link #26
monir
cho~ kakkoii

When someone asked in the thread why did Rihoko followed an unknown guy, I immediately thought of that the guy must have lured her with food. Obviously I didn't watch the episode at that time. I have now! And I can't undo it. Looking forward to Ai-chan and the soft spoken, loli-looking boobie monster girl arc.
Old 2012-01-21, 05:11   Link #27
Candyshark

If not for comment they wouldn't have special event.

But seriously how pathetic is this guy. He is only resourceful when some lust object is involved. Being rude to girl who may be sensitive about the subject. Not being able to cook a simple meal. Even putting lil sis to the task? is it ToLoveRu?

It feels as if we have different protagonist this season.

Last edited by Candyshark; 2012-01-21 at 05:36.
Old 2012-01-21, 06:06   Link #28
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
so the are you getting fatter comment didn't cause me to face palm...
Being able to call a girl -- FAT -- and get away with it? That's boss. But also, it's grounds for not even considering the particular girl as a potential partner. Therefore, Rihoko = blah.
Old 2012-01-21, 09:41   Link #29
ShiroiRyu

Oh man ...
I see what you did there young Junichi ...
Old 2012-01-21, 12:24   Link #30
julez
Tsundere-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Yeah, this was one of the aspects I liked less about this arc in the original show as well. Rihoko really isn't that fat, but the writers really like to over-use it as a gag. It's sort of like those comedy routines where the entire act is based on how the performer looks. And it's clear that Junichi's only teasing her, and it doesn't really bother him at all... but it's pretty obvious why she's so self-conscious about it. Poor girl's self-image is shot for life.
In a nutshell that's what I couldn't stand in the first season either. They didn't even expand on her personality that much, instead it kept going back to her struggles with her weight...
I wouldn't call her fat either, not in the least. I would say she's voluptuous, curvy, well endowed... she got the attention of that one random classmate with him just glancing at her for a second :P All she needs is a little more confidence and a better self image and she'd have no problem snagging Junichi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
When someone asked in the thread why did Rihoko followed an unknown guy, I immediately thought of that the guy must have lured her with food.
Ijiwaru!! meanie! lol
Old 2012-01-21, 15:23   Link #31
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by julez View Post
All she needs is a little more confidence and a better self image and she'd have no problem snagging Junichi.
That's really shown in Rihoko's "bad" ending in the game. Who would have thought that would happen?
Old 2012-01-21, 22:53   Link #32
Anime-fan10

I couldn't get into the Rihoko arc in the first season and I couldn't get into it this season either. Her relationship w/ Junichi progresses too slowly and I can't see a great ending happening w/ only one episode left in the arc.
Old 2012-01-22, 23:30   Link #33
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
You know ... every once in a while in an anime series a character says something utterly insensitive that gets my goat. And Junichi saying that Rihoko was fat made me -_- and wish that Rihoko had punched him in the face. Seriously.

Rihoko is presented as such a good, wholesome, kind young lady and all that, and for some reason the folks who animate Rihoko's route seem to have it out for her ... grrrr ... if Junichi does not wake up in the next ep I am going to be seriously disappointed.

In that light ep 3 was a little painful to watch.

Although it was nice to have Miya's "Nishishishi!" back.

6/10 vote for this ep.
Old 2012-01-23, 19:45   Link #34
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Not trying to be the devil's advocate but Junichi this ep was portrayed much more realistically as what he actually is, a freaking teenage boy. I acted like a complete dick at that age, especially towards girls and I bet a bucket of eels most of the guys here did as well

... all which is not to say he wasn't annoying this ep at times.
Old 2012-01-24, 00:57   Link #35
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
Not trying to be the devil's advocate but Junichi this ep was portrayed much more realistically as what he actually is, a freaking teenage boy. I acted like a complete dick at that age, especially towards girls and I bet a bucket of eels most of the guys here did as well
I'm not quite sure what you mean, but I remember the show refers the eel as men's sexual energy booster. It's probably one of superstition created by Tea Club graduates.

It seems Risa is in stand by mode. She sees it all and hears it all, but she's not active at all.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
Old 2012-01-24, 01:53   Link #36
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
I'm not quite sure what you mean, but I remember the show refers the eel as men's sexual energy booster. It's probably one of superstition created by Tea Club graduates.
Actually, the eel part is real: Eels have some massive amounts of protein which would be needed for stamina. However, the gall juice is a pure myth (believed by many Japanese and Koreans).
Old 2012-01-24, 02:00   Link #37
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

man, here's to hoping rihoko's arc would end well. i like her
Old 2012-01-26, 03:23   Link #38
philip72

Making fun of a girls weight? That's a cock move Junichi.

Fun episode though.
Closed Thread