AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-02-08, 04:40   Link #2121
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Ah, yes, Valve and their hat fetish. Should have known.
When a video game company can outmatch real hat makers in selling hats, you know they're doing something right

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 09:50   Link #2122
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
... did you know you can make a helmet out of the Space Core?

Did one of Wheatley's cores got sucked into a wormhole and got shot out at 300,000km/s, 1,000 years in the past in TES dimension?

So when do we get to use a malfunctioned portal gun that fires weighted companion cubes?

Quote:
Ah, yes, Valve and their hat fetish. Should have known.
Probably hired ZUN as their foreign advisor.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 10:55   Link #2123
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Did one of Wheatley's cores got sucked into a wormhole and got shot out at 300,000km/s, 1,000 years in the past in TES dimension?
Why would there be any time-travel involved? TES is set in "modern" times, IMO, just in another dimension. Wormhole, yes, but you can skip the time paradox.
Old 2012-02-08, 14:42   Link #2124
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Why would there be any time-travel involved? TES is set in "modern" times, IMO, just in another dimension. Wormhole, yes, but you can skip the time paradox.
Why even go different dimension? Just say it's a different planet, and that the space core drifted to it.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 14:59   Link #2125
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Why even go different dimension? Just say it's a different planet, and that the space core drifted to it.
It must have floated too far off into space then. I like to think of it as another dimension because if dragons do exist on the planet, they would have invaded us by now through the distance portals created by their magic.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-02-08, 15:05   Link #2126
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

They can only invade if they are aware. Also if distance and time are a factor...this is the future.
Old 2012-02-08, 15:17   Link #2127
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Portals provide for instantaneous travel, so time shouldn't be an issue.

Old 2012-02-08, 16:38   Link #2128
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I mean for the Space Sphere. He only got a portal to the Moon.
Old 2012-02-09, 04:45   Link #2129
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
I mean for the Space Sphere. He only got a portal to the Moon.
They could set up a moonbase and FUS-RO-DAH the Earth from there.

Old 2012-02-09, 12:48   Link #2130
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

How long would it take the Space Sphere to reach another star system at the speed of being blowing into space by the pressure difference between the lunar surface and a room on Earth? Assuming he just didn't eventually deorbit back into a future Earth that is. He might not have had enough velocity to escape. If he did, he was heading away from Earth.

Plus that portal was closed, via Science.

Now if one assumes he found a wormhole later on..we he could be anyplace...and perhaps any time. He could be in the future, the past, the present. The dragons could have made their portals in the past which is why we have stories about them at all. Then we killed them all (or at least made it so they decided not to come to this planet again.)
Old 2012-02-10, 01:53   Link #2131
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Todd Howard at D.I.C.E. showed a 3 minute video of "Game Jam" which was when he let the developers of Skyrim do whatever they wanted to Skyrim to week after it was launched. Here is the video.

But before the video played he said this:

Quote:
How much of this stuff sees the light of day? To be determined. Could it be in a future DLC? We don't know. Could various parts of it just be released for free? We don't know.
So don't get too excited yet... but the video is awesome (yes, I've replayed it WAY too many times ).

http://www.1up.com/news/potential-sk...ent-early-risk

Oh and here is a link to his keynote speech at D.I.C.E. 2012 (it's ~45 minutes long, but pretty funny and does a good job explaining how Bethesda's team builds it's games) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7awkY...eature=related
Old 2012-02-10, 03:17   Link #2132
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

That video is quite epic, I loved the weather effects and water effects. Lycanthropy tree was interesting too, so were the pitch black dungeons... The mudcrab was awesome.

I was considering working out how to make Dragon Mounts myself actually, wish they'd release the mod so I wouldn't have to work it out myself!
Old 2012-02-10, 08:04   Link #2133
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

the mudcrap looked a bit half assed XD but everything else was awesome.

instead of DLC, they should release mods XD
Old 2012-02-10, 15:40   Link #2134
Reikokuna

Ugh, I have a question that actually bugs me a lil' bit.
Is it possible to 100% the game with it's trophies on the ps3 if you have two savefiles?
I mean, does it save only trophies for ONE file or for all of them?
Old 2012-02-10, 16:02   Link #2135
TimeMask
Phantom Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
That video is quite epic, I loved the weather effects and water effects. Lycanthropy tree was interesting too, so were the pitch black dungeons... The mudcrab was awesome.

I was considering working out how to make Dragon Mounts myself actually, wish they'd release the mod so I wouldn't have to work it out myself!
The Dragon mount would make you too hard to kill unless the dragon had little health.

I liked that skeleton butler, it would be a lot better to have a butler then having house curls in the house just sitting around and making a home would be fun.
TimeMask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-10, 17:46   Link #2136
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Mounted combat, goddammit! Why couldn't they release that?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-10, 18:11   Link #2137
Larthak
♪ ~ ♫
*Artist

Send a message via ICQ to Larthak Send a message via MSN to Larthak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Mounted combat, goddammit! Why couldn't they release that?
Or rather, why wasn't that already there in the first place?

"Oh crap! A bear, out of nowhere! Let me...just...get off...my horse...as slow...as...possible."
Old 2012-02-10, 18:13   Link #2138
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Probably because you can easily avoid the Giants swinging at you The dragon mount would be a little overpowered. Could be something achievable after you kill the last boss? Other then that, everything looks fantastic.
Old 2012-02-10, 18:33   Link #2139
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Probably because you can easily avoid the Giants swinging at you The dragon mount would be a little overpowered. Could be something achievable after you kill the last boss? Other then that, everything looks fantastic.
Not really. You could have mounted enemies, packs of wild animals surrounding and killing your horse, whatever. Dismounting to fight just makes no sense (except that it was easier to program).
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-10, 18:50   Link #2140
DuoRanger
Banned

i quit, idk how make and export items in the godamn creation kit

im trying until now to make a stand alone version of zero Satyrfrost's Razor Scales Armor and Cannibal mask
DuoRanger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim