AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-01, 11:32   Link #301
bahamut zero
miragecoordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer View Post
I've been hearing White Fox from a variety of places.
White Fox you say? Well...

...y'okay, there are similarities...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost My Music View Post
By the way, might I claim this?
Old 2012-04-01, 11:41   Link #302
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
No, it's not. It's just standard quality anime animation. It's solid, but you're giving it too much credit it if you think it's "more than fine" going by the standards of today's anime world, imo.
I'm not going to bother to argue semantics with you, I'm pretty sure if I said the sky was blue you'll argue that it's a different shade so what's the point. Just lol if you think those 2 scenes are standard when most of the time the only thing moving in anime is lips.

Quote:
Well, technically, above average includes everything above the average, which also includes "great". The fact is that even at its worst, KyoAni tends to have above average animation.
Okay, go to an NBA forum and make a thread called Michael Jordan was known to be an above average basketball player, you won't get flamed since you're technically right! Have fun!

Quote:
A bunch of SHAFT PVs?
I know they showed them the ropes back in the day but GAiNAX doesn't = SHAFT. There's plenty of announcement PVs done these ways, more so along the lines of Medaka Box by Gainax if anything and done for adaptions for light novels and manga.

Quote:
People are trying to determine if this was done by KyoAni, not if it was done by SHAFT. So I raised a very recent KyoAni PV to demonstrate what modern KyoAni is capable of, and to show how the standards for good, above average animation has risen in recent years.
It's an announcement PV versus a near release PV featuring actual scenes from the first episodes. Surely you can see the difference....
Old 2012-04-01, 11:43   Link #303
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Just quickly glanced at this trailer to see what all the hullabaloo is about and it honestly looks more like one of those early teasers than an actual trailer. Those typical 15 seconds spots (albeit for some strange reason it's about a minute here) that simply show off an aspect of the concept to more or less announce the project. No idea why people are trying to micro analyze it to such a degree instead of just waiting for the actual 90 second spot.
Old 2012-04-01, 11:47   Link #304
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulfo
Is she still on maternal leave?
I actually don't know, I simply mentioned it because the overall character designs from this PV didn't seem to fit with her work in Clannad and Kanon. But I suppose that could be one valid reason for a change on the character designer for a possible Kyoto LB anime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon
This. It's absolutely nothing like a KyoAni production. Compare it to the art style and coloration they used in Clannad and Kanon. The more I look at it the more I think it's done by feel, definitely.
Completely irrelevant. Character designs in AIR weren't the same as the ones in Kanon, there's nothing stopping them from getting someone new for the task. Actually, Kyoto does it on a very regular basis, despite everyone saying that "everything looks like K-On".

That said, I wouldn't put my money on it being Kyoto either, but then again I don't think I'd be up for blind betting on ANY studio.
Old 2012-04-01, 11:50   Link #305
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-kun View Post
Actually, Kyoto does it on a very regular basis, despite everyone saying that "everything looks like K-On".
Bu-bu-bu-but K-ON! looks like Kannagi and is by A-1 Studios! /most of the K-ON! thread before KyoAni was attached to it

Also funny how people are swearing it's not KyoAni because of the designs, which are true to the VN. Don't KyoAni fans constantly praise them for being so faithful?

It's like you guys want Yuiko to be a Mio clone.

Last edited by Westlo; 2012-04-01 at 12:07.
Old 2012-04-01, 11:51   Link #306
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
A bunch of SHAFT PVs?

People are trying to determine if this was done by KyoAni, not if it was done by SHAFT. So I raised a very recent KyoAni PV to demonstrate what modern KyoAni is capable of, and to show how the standards for good, above average animation has risen in recent years.
Last one is gainax but fine, have some PA works

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

If this turns out to be a fall anime I'd say this PV is useless for judging the animation because odds are what you're seeing is not actual anime footage because it's very rare for actual anime footage to show up in a PV this long i advance.

Hell,it's rare for animated footage to show up before a studio is announced.
Old 2012-04-01, 12:26   Link #307
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by purusani View Post
I don't know about you guys, but to me the character design looks similar to Papa kikis (Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai) which was done by studio Feel. Also... for heaven's sake how can people say that the animation is pretty good when it's average at best.
I just can't image respectable studios like kyoani, PA or even White Fox putting up this kind of "almost flash animated" trailer even if they wanted to prove that the anime is actually in the works. ;(
Exactly. I could see them putting out a concept-art trailer, but I don't think they'd use actual animation if they didn't have something impressive to show. And even the stills used in the early part of the trailer don't look that impressive -- the designs are fairly standard mid-range anime like you'd expect from JC Staff, not "Ooo, wow, that's so awesome. I hope it looks half as good when animated."
Old 2012-04-01, 12:26   Link #308
bahamut zero
miragecoordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post

Just imagining this makes me want to murder people x.x"
Old 2012-04-01, 12:29   Link #309
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Just quickly glanced at this trailer to see what all the hullabaloo is about and it honestly looks more like one of those early teasers than an actual trailer. Those typical 15 seconds spots (albeit for some strange reason it's about a minute here) that simply show off an aspect of the concept to more or less announce the project. No idea why people are trying to micro analyze it to such a degree instead of just waiting for the actual 90 second spot.
Yup, this is my feeling exactly. It's just to show the concept of what the product could look like animated, since the show is still in the pre-production phase. Perhaps we could have solved the whole dilemma if they had just put a "Pre-Production; Not From The Final Product" label on it, though that's usually implied with teasers. No matter what, it's not like these are scenes from a "real anime".

But, I guess it all goes to show just how hotly-anticipated this product is that people will over-analyse the teaser to try to find any hints of who might be involved, and act stricken if they believe the product won't live up to their overly-lofty expectations. With such feverish demand, I can't help but suspect that we'll hear from some disappointed people no matter what they do.
Old 2012-04-01, 14:39   Link #310
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Just lol if you think those 2 scenes are standard when most of the time the only thing moving in anime is lips.
That's not my experience in the anime that I've watched recently.

When the only thing moving in anime is lips, people tend to call that bad animation. So no, that's not considered standard animation quality in today's anime world.

Clothes and hair moving believably in accordance with a gust of wind is what is standard animation quality in today's anime world. It's hardly "more than fine".

Edit: Also, this isn't a pure concept art trailer, as Utsuro no Hako correctly points out. There is actual animation in this, unlike some of the PVs that you and totoum have compared it to.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2012-04-01 at 15:01.
Old 2012-04-01, 14:57   Link #311
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Another anime adaptation from Key? I just found this out, so I'm guessing this is big news. Are there any previews, screenshots, or even a website for it?
Old 2012-04-01, 15:00   Link #312
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
Another anime adaptation from Key? I just found this out, so I'm guessing this is big news. Are there any previews, screenshots, or even a website for it?
There's the PV here.
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=236
Other than that, not really. We don't know much. A lot of people are even skeptical that the animation will look like that in the end.

I really don't know. Either way is possible at this point, in my opinion, so I'm just going along for the ride.
Old 2012-04-01, 16:55   Link #313
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Quote:
Bu-bu-bu-but K-ON! looks like Kannagi and is by A-1 Studios! /most of the K-ON! thread before KyoAni was attached to it

Also funny how people are swearing it's not KyoAni because of the designs, which are true to the VN. Don't KyoAni fans constantly praise them for being so faithful?

Spoiler for Picture:

The people speculating about the character designs have probably never read the source VN, in which case that makes sense.

But those who want a Mio-clone out of Anego are going to be in for a rude shock.
Old 2012-04-01, 17:10   Link #314
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulfo View Post
Is she still on maternal leave?
I think thats Shoko Ikeda(Haruhi animation director and character designer) you're refering to, who took a maternity leave at some point during the making of Clannad for around a year.

Kazumi Ikeda(Key anime animation director and character designer) on the hand is very much kicking and worked on the later episodes of Nichijou. I think this is a recent work of hers on Nichijou, which is very Key-like in presentation:

/
      / \|
    /
Old 2012-04-01, 17:32   Link #315
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
There's the PV here.
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=236
Other than that, not really. We don't know much. A lot of people are even skeptical that the animation will look like that in the end.

I really don't know. Either way is possible at this point, in my opinion, so I'm just going along for the ride.
So we still don't know which studio is going to animate then? Regardless, since it's from Key, I expect great things from them. I'm looking forward to this new show.
Old 2012-04-01, 17:34   Link #316
Kakujitsu
Lurker

Quote:

Is it just me, or does Haruka's face look sorta off in the original group picture CG?
It's almost like they just pasted Kurugaya's face on her.
Old 2012-04-01, 17:59   Link #317
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Hit me twice, but I think Yuiko's face on the left looked suspiciously KyoAni-ish.
and Haruka in this one too:

I don't know what I'm talking about
Old 2012-04-01, 18:47   Link #318
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Edit: Also, this isn't a pure concept art trailer, as Utsuro no Hako correctly points out. There is actual animation in this, unlike some of the PVs that you and totoum have compared it to.
I just take it as Key going the extra mile and providing a PV with a little animation (but not the actual anime animation) instead of the standard conceptual art.
Of course I could be wrong we'll see
Old 2012-04-01, 18:53   Link #319
Dop
Mmmm....

The amount of speculation makes me think a lot of people (and myself included) will have massive egg on face when more news emerges, one way or the other.

My current problem is that whenever i read the phrase "Little Busters" I think of this.

Cognitive dissonance!!! Wrong Anime!!!
Old 2012-04-01, 19:36   Link #320
com_gwp

^The pillows.

To think I learnt of them only through the manga's awesome band arc.
Closed Thread

Tags
anime game, little busters