AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-04-24, 18:56   Link #421
domino
デレデレ

Music news for the next upcoming music releases:

Album Name: Shou (General/Commander)
Artist: Genichiro Sanada (Rikkaidai's vice captain~)
Release Date: 5/21/2006

Single Name: ANSWER
Artist: Yanagi Renji (of Rikkaidai)
Release Date: 6/4/2006

Single Name: CHARM POINT wa Naki Bokuro
Artist: Atobe Keigo (Atobe has soooo many songs.. )
Release Date: 8/2/2006

Omg ... the title of Atobe's new single basically means "My charm point is my mole (the one on his face)" T_T This new song should be... special...

So many CDs and stuff... Tenipuri is unstoppable!
domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-25, 12:22   Link #422
Pepz

Prince of Tennis is licensed. Source ANN.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=8763
Pepz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-25, 13:45   Link #423
Chibi Nasu
Katsu~n wa Hyoutei

Send a message via AIM to Chibi Nasu Send a message via MSN to Chibi Nasu Send a message via Yahoo to Chibi Nasu
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino
Omg ... the title of Atobe's new single basically means "My charm point is my mole (the one on his face)" T_T This new song should be... special...
I'm particularly looking forward to this one~ should be a hilarious listen...
Chibi Nasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-25, 18:37   Link #424
Spooky-Electric

PLEASE let A-O finish the series. They're almost there.
Spooky-Electric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-25, 18:55   Link #425
Pepz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky-Electric
PLEASE let A-O finish the series. They're almost there.
I'm hoping the same thing. Guessing they will. Is it ok to talk about the Nationals in here?
Pepz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-25, 23:12   Link #426
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepz
I'm hoping the same thing. Guessing they will. Is it ok to talk about the Nationals in here?
The nationals have their own thread. Please talk about it in: Prince of Tennis - National Championship Chapter OVA

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-26, 18:32   Link #427
Sweetchinmusic

Ahh cool the Nationals has its own thread!!! lol. For so long we been talking about it in here, so many people just used to it lol.

I really hope **** finish subbing it. Even though i watched the **** ones, the quality isnt as good as the **** subbed episodes. Licensing it is bad!!!! Although good, cause i may be able to get merchandise easier now lol. Bring on the Seigaku Jersey!!!! lol

Hope they dont mess it up like the manga by calling Seigaku Seishun.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2006-04-26 at 22:58.
Sweetchinmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-28, 02:05   Link #428
Chibi Nasu
Katsu~n wa Hyoutei

Send a message via AIM to Chibi Nasu Send a message via MSN to Chibi Nasu Send a message via Yahoo to Chibi Nasu
But Seigaku *is* Seishun. The school's name is Seishun Gakuen (translated to Seishun Academy), and "Seigaku" is formed by taking the first kanji from each word:

青春学園 -> 青学
Old 2006-04-28, 08:12   Link #429
Sweetchinmusic

True, but Seigaku sounds better lol.
Old 2006-04-28, 16:07   Link #430
domino
デレデレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibi Nasu
But Seigaku *is* Seishun. The school's name is Seishun Gakuen (translated to Seishun Academy), and "Seigaku" is formed by taking the first kanji from each word:

青春学園 -> 青学
It is true but the fact that they won't call them "Seigaku" when "Seigaku" is obviously their nickname is annoying. It's written EVERYWHERE so it probably confuses the hell out of first-time readers who are wondering why all the uniforms say Seigaku instead of Seishun.

And to scream "Go Seishun! Hooray for Seishun" just sounds really lame. XD It's something Oishi would say... "aah, seishun ~ " ... Seishun means youth by the way, so it makes the team seem cooler being called Seigaku...

It's just weird that Viz keeps trying so hard to not confuse readers by "Americanizing" things, but all they end up doing is confusing people MORE. T_T Dumb Viz.
Old 2006-04-28, 16:16   Link #431
Chibi Nasu
Katsu~n wa Hyoutei

Oh, no, I agree. The complete aversion to "Seigaku" seems a bit... too much. But I'm just saying calling them "Seishun" is by no means a mistake so much as it is a slightly awkward preference, since that *is* the name of the school.

Last edited by Chibi Nasu; 2006-04-28 at 16:58.
Old 2006-04-29, 17:00   Link #432
Sweetchinmusic

Is it officially being licensed then? Ahhh americans are so lucky lol. I heard it was getting licensed with a few other animes such as Hikaru no go.

Support the Seigaku name Foundation lol.
Old 2006-05-01, 09:46   Link #433
Sweetchinmusic

Got some good news!!! Hikaru No Go (which was supposedly licensed with PoT) is airing on iaTV. I dont know if that is american or not lol.

Well basically it will be shown in original japanese in subtitles, then repeated with Dub on Saturdays or something

Maybe they will do the same for PoT??? If so thats cool, as people can just watch the subtitled versions lol
Old 2006-05-01, 10:01   Link #434
sangofe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetchinmusic
Got some good news!!! Hikaru No Go (which was supposedly licensed with PoT) is airing on iaTV. I dont know if that is american or not lol.

Well basically it will be shown in original japanese in subtitles, then repeated with Dub on Saturdays or something

Maybe they will do the same for PoT??? If so thats cool, as people can just watch the subtitled versions lol
Weren't Hikaru no go been licensed ages before pot?
sangofe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-01, 11:24   Link #435
Sweetchinmusic

I think it was done at the same time, according to some thing i saw on Anime News Network lol. (dont worry i dont live on that site lol)

I think it may have been but they didnt show it. Im not 100% sure as i dont live in the US, but the fact they are showing subbed versions on Television provides some hope for PoT
Old 2006-05-01, 11:38   Link #436
BFTAaron

I haven't gotten a chance to see the new prince of tennis series. How is it?
BFTAaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-01, 19:08   Link #437
domino
デレデレ

The official website for the live-action Prince of Tennis movie opened it's "special" section today. So click here to see it. It's a short interview with Shirota Yuu (the actor who plays Tezuka Kunimitsu in the movie). More interviews will be added on the dates indicated at the bottom.

The wallpapers section was also opened, featuring wallpapers of the main characters.

シネプリばんざ~い (  ̄▽ ̄)ノ
Old 2006-05-02, 14:28   Link #438
Sweetchinmusic

The interview is cool. Anyone on here know japanese lol. Would be better if i actually knew what he was saying, but the what the hell its related to PoT lol.

Waiting for the Fuji Wallpaper!!! Cant wait lol. Who is the guy after Tezuka wallpaper? He is in the trailer too, swinging his racket like its a ninja sword. That move looks good, but i really dont know who it is lol
Old 2006-05-02, 17:17   Link #439
domino
デレデレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetchinmusic
The interview is cool. Anyone on here know japanese lol. Would be better if i actually knew what he was saying, but the what the hell its related to PoT lol.

Waiting for the Fuji Wallpaper!!! Cant wait lol. Who is the guy after Tezuka wallpaper? He is in the trailer too, swinging his racket like its a ninja sword. That move looks good, but i really dont know who it is lol
The original character is Egate McCleod Higaki. He and his sister (Shion Higaki) will be original characters for the movie. He is on Hyoutei's team (like HELL he looks like a middle schooler...). I think he takes the place of the Hyoutei regular Hiyoshi, so Hiyoshi won't be in the movie.

Egate's profile according to the official site (I'm sorry for my crappy translations, as always @_@):
"He studied abroad in South America after dropping out of Seigaku due to a violence-related incident. He is now Hyoutei's trump card.

His special move is the Hissatsu (certain-kill) Flame Shot, which shoots a strong and destructive ball."

The profile of his sister, Shion Higaki:

"She is Egate Mcleod Higaki's shy but kindhearted younger sister. Ever since the death of her parents, she lost her voice. She finds herself captivated by something about Ryoma..."

Ahaha, a Japanese popstar is playing a mute character... oh the irony... ^_^;

More info is on the "characters" page of the official site. Everyone looks okay except for Atobe, Oshitari, and Gakuto. T_T The Oshitari and Gakuto were the best part of the Hyoutei musical, but these new ones just... bleh. The Oshitari isn't pretty at all, and Gakuto looks absolutely NOTHING like his anime/manga counterpart. Oshitari doesn't look lazy/sexy and Gakuto doesn't look small and whiny and angry and cute... it's wrong. TT_TT
Old 2006-05-02, 19:27   Link #440
Chibi Nasu
Katsu~n wa Hyoutei

I'm actually mostly traumatised by movie-Shishido. But yeah, don't like Atobe, Oshitari, or Gakuto, either. Who knows? Perhaps it'll change when I see them in action... or not.

Tags
tennis