AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shin Sekai Yori

Notices

Old 2012-09-28, 14:25   Link #141
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by leokiko View Post
It's a late "simulcast" though...

@lol never mind, it's an hour and a half after the regular premiere.
By my reckoning it's 4 days late. Are you seeing something different?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 14:36   Link #142
zarqu
Stüldt Hĺjt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Err am I supposed to take that as a good thing seeing as how I associate both those with busy and distracting direction that smothers scenes rather than distinguishes and brings them to life.
You're supposed to take it as someone's evaluation of the material In my case, "reminiscent of Shaft" would definitely be intuitively a good thing. But honestly, I'm not sure what "auditioning for Shaft" means here. I associate Shaft with "experimental", "unique" and "different". You know, something like using images of real people during shots etc. It's a fact that Shaft have made a brand of their distinctive style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warm Mist View Post
I don't think the show is THAT experimental
Yeah, agreed. Whenever I see something even remotely different these days, I'm compelled to exclaim "experimental!" etc.
zarqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 14:38   Link #143
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Err am I supposed to take that as a good thing seeing as how I associate both those with busy and distracting direction that smothers scenes rather than distinguishes and brings them to life.
It's not Bakemonogatari, if that's what you mean, but lots of camera effects, shifts in animation style, and arty-but-budget saving shots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
The show airs first on a satellite channel with an over-the-air broadcast four days later. CR is simulcasting the broadcast.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 15:17   Link #144
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

While the concept itself isn't very original, it does sounds interesting. It's nice to see more science fiction anime.
I'm waiting forward for this.
ninryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 15:21   Link #145
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
Too late:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Son of a...

Well, they better still be yuri-ing it up when they're in their mid-20s and actually have boobs.

And to answer Arabesque's post, I definitely am excited about what very well might be the best anime of the season getting 25 episodes. ^^
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 15:27   Link #146
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Son of a...

Well, they better still be yuri-ing it up when they're in their mid-20s and actually have boobs.
Yeah, I'm sick of all the bait-and-switch "Hide Your Lesbians" thing. We want real yuri, goddamn it!
ninryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 15:30   Link #147
Kirarakim

Yay Crunchyroll

Pretty sure Tuesday is a free day for me in regards to anime so that is good airing day for me. I don't mind a little wait. Fansubs back in the day could take that long too for certain series.
Old 2012-09-28, 16:56   Link #148
Kunagisa

I really like Rise Taneda's voice, so glad she won the audition for this as I will definitely remember her name now; her theme song was very pleasing to the ears too. Quite a bit of info-dumping as expected, but honestly not that bad (just lots of terms). The atmosphere and the BGM are great, enough to make you feel uneasy and set up a great mood overall. Even the background characters are pretty well-drawn, which is always a great indication of effort along with well-designed cultural clothing, architectures, and general world-building. Even though most of the above mentioned aren't new information, but still exciting to finally see them all put together.

For a premiere episode, it definitely hit all the right buttons with me. For a story's that's "impossible to be animated" the staff is certainly doing great so far. The only thing I have to complain is Hocchan's character's gone too fast!!!
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 17:01   Link #149
Raiga
tl;dr

The pacing in episode 1 felt reeeally weird. I guess it's tricky to adapt from prose, and you can't pull off the subtle reveals as easily. A lot of wonderfully disturbing scenes were cut short though and left hanging without explanation. Like the farm scene. Doesn't explain why she was reminded of the farm at all, and I don't know if they'll get back to it later.

Spoiler for Novel stuff:
Old 2012-09-28, 23:53   Link #150
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

i watched the episode, it seems shaft would had been a good studio for this, and somehow i kept expecting fairies to show up at any moment, in the end i can't judge much from this episode, the setting is interesting enough for me but the episode was quite dull and bland.
Old 2012-09-29, 00:57   Link #151
Kunagisa

http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/shinsekaiyori/dictionary/

Dictionary updated.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 07:10   Link #152
komaruze
Tanna Japonensis

Spoiler for Episode 1:
komaruze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 07:30   Link #153
Seiryuu

This show is definitely interesting, but I'm a little worried. I'm also thinking of showing it to a friend, but it's so dark I'm a little worried. PM or whatever, someone please tell me this has a positive end to it; I definitely don't want to watch this if it's going to turn into one of those shows where everyone dies, where they torture the shaggy dog before they shoot it. It doesn't have to be all nice at the end, or to have the full cast, but at least let there be some light at the end of the tunnel...
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 08:02   Link #154
Kazu-kun

^ I sent you some spoilers by PM. Hope it isn't too much.
Old 2012-09-29, 09:05   Link #155
Utsuro no Hako

I don't know what happens in the novel, but I do know that the author's one book that's been published in English is basically Battle Royale with adults. So, yeah, I'm not expecting a happy ending here.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 10:03   Link #156
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by komaruze View Post
Spoiler for Episode 1:
Spoiler for Episode 1:
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 10:35   Link #157
JKL
Kyuuketsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warm Mist View Post
I don't think the show is THAT experimental, the most out there thing is the total lack of shading, which is something that doesn't really annoy much people.
No it doesn't seem to bother most. I personally miss the days of three to four tone shading though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
I don't know what happens in the novel, but I do know that the author's one book that's been published in English is basically Battle Royale with adults. So, yeah, I'm not expecting a happy ending here.
Excellent!
JKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 10:55   Link #158
komaruze
Tanna Japonensis

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Th View Post
Spoiler for Episode 1:
Spoiler for Episode 1:
komaruze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 11:17   Link #159
Kirarakim

And Sentai just announced the license

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...d-sci-fi-anime
Old 2012-09-29, 11:44   Link #160
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
The Crunchyroll page for the show itself lists that the simulcast is "normally" on Fridays, which is when it first airs on the CS channel. The first episode is streaming on 10/2 presumably because they got the license late and only just got the materials, so they can't deliver it right now. So it appears to be a real simulcast, but with a delayed premiere.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, fantasy, science fiction, supernatural