AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 3 7.69%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 5 12.82%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 28.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 14 35.90%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 12.82%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-06, 06:10   Link #141
Fabien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
I have no real basis to support this, but I think Due is the sentoukijin that injured Nanoha years ago
That wouldn't explain why she isn't shown.
Besides, Nanoha was victim of her body's weakness; her opponent wasn't strong. Couldn't have been a sentoukijin as strong as e.g. Tre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
But I agree, they should reveal Due already.
The most sensible theory (to me) is that she's Regius' assistant, Auris.
Old 2007-08-06, 06:18   Link #142
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabien View Post
The most sensible theory (to me) is that she's Regius' assistant, Auris.
Well, first problem with that is that it retcons Auris's internal monologues on the Eihenjar being too powerful along with her mildly drawn-back expression on the Eihenjar, which is shown to be easily wiped out with the Numbers.

2ndly, since Auris was in charge or at least had a major role in overseeing Einhenjar's operations, she could've easily gotten Sein or whoever or even plant some bombs herself to blow Eihenjar sky high without even needing to sortie the Numbers out as a show of power and superiority over the Eihenjar. Then again, this is Jail we're talking about here.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-08-06, 06:21   Link #143
Key Board
Carbon

I have the impression that Einherjars are large scale mass destruction weapons given that they are built separately in massive complex

which is probably why they were targeted given their potential threat to Cradle

a WMD can't exactly fight back personnel

I have a feeling they'll be placed on a vessel and rammed into Cradle as a make shift bomb, though
Old 2007-08-06, 06:32   Link #144
Fabien

Quote:
Well, first problem with that is that it retcons Auris's internal monologues on the Eihenjar being too powerful along with her mildly drawn-back expression on the Eihenjar, which is shown to be easily wiped out with the Numbers.
Surprise attack against a weapon not meant to fight individuals, and maybe not even completed.

Quote:
2ndly, since Auris was in charge or at least had a major role in overseeing Einhenjar's operations, she could've easily gotten Sein or whoever or even plant some bombs herself to blow Eihenjar sky high without even needing to sortie the Numbers out as a show of power and superiority over the Eihenjar. Then again, this is Jail we're talking about here.
Yep, Jail wants to show off.

But did you notice that the Numbers had detailed information about the configuration of both Ground Central and the Einhenjar? Otherwise, the Numbers' attack wouldn't have been as smooth.

Oh, BTW, I just love Wendy. The other two are definitely too serious.
Old 2007-08-06, 07:51   Link #145
Jimmy C

I've always figured Due to be the Doctor's top spy. Whether she is Auris or not, I suspect she has shapeshifting abilitites that will let her infiltrate any opposing group.
Old 2007-08-06, 08:54   Link #146
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
I've always figured Due to be the Doctor's top spy. Whether she is Auris or not, I suspect she has shapeshifting abilitites that will let her infiltrate any opposing group.
More X-men refs? Mystique much?
Old 2007-08-06, 11:16   Link #147
Loner
Lurking In the Darknes...

I just realized: Spaghetti has his own ship now, right? Well, with how his forces have been tearing apart the TSAB and the power trip he's going on, he could demand that Midchilda submit to his rule.

That would make SPAGHETTI the "King".

So the prophecy might end up having the Cradle being the ship that goes down, and Spaghetti himself being the King that gets killed.
Old 2007-08-06, 11:32   Link #148
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loner View Post
I just realized: Spaghetti has his own ship now, right? Well, with how his forces have been tearing apart the TSAB and the power trip he's going on, he could demand that Midchilda submit to his rule.

That would make SPAGHETTI the "King".

So the prophecy might end up having the Cradle being the ship that goes down, and Spaghetti himself being the King that gets killed.

Darco! Eat your words man! I said that in the clubroom this morning!!!

(turns back to Loner)

Yeap, totally agree. That's something how I thought the prophecy would fulfill itself. But I can't say the same for the "Ship of Law" unless the Cradle was a "Ship of Law" before it got buried in bedrock. That's what I felt.
Old 2007-08-06, 11:43   Link #149
An Hero in Disguise
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Yeap, totally agree. That's something how I thought the prophecy would fulfill itself. But I can't say the same for the "Ship of Law" unless the Cradle was a "Ship of Law" before it got buried in bedrock. That's what I felt.
That's not that unlikely.
Old 2007-08-06, 12:20   Link #150
Loner

Quote:
You forget: If Spaghetti is the King of Midchilda, he'll be making the laws. And he'll be using the Cradle to enforce those laws.

Thus, the Cradle would become the "Ship of Law".

And thusly, allowing Hayate to invoke Rule #33.
Old 2007-08-06, 12:23   Link #151
Jimmy C

Loner, interesting though you idea is, the show probably won't last long enough for such a demand to be met.

Edit: His base can hardly be considered a Tower either.
Old 2007-08-06, 12:33   Link #152
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Loner, interesting though you idea is, the show probably won't last long enough for such a demand to be met.

Edit: His base can hardly be considered a Tower either.
He does not really have to be King of MC. All he needs is to "Ascend" as he says in the anime (I think) and he'd pretty much be King, ready to be shot down.

Also, the poem didn't exactly link the tower and the ship together, apart from being consequential in sequence. That vagueness is just the right amount to be twisted in the girls' favor.

@Loner: Btw, Rule #38 seems to be describing Nanoha very well. ...
Old 2007-08-06, 12:40   Link #153
Loner

Quote:
His base can hardly be considered a Tower either.
The part of the prophecy about the Tower has already come true (I think), when the Numbers assaulted it two episodes ago.

Quote:
Btw, Rule #38 seems to be describing Nanoha very well. ...
...True. She's already enforced Rules 13, 24, 25, 30 & 32. And judging from this episode, I believe she'll be following #85 religiously from now until she gets Lilio back.

The Numbers, on the other hand, seem to subscribe to Rule #40.
Old 2007-08-06, 12:42   Link #154
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

What rules are these?
Old 2007-08-06, 13:03   Link #155
Loner

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
What rules are these?
The If I Were A Magical Girl... list.

Which was inspired by the Evil Overlord List.
Old 2007-08-06, 13:04   Link #156
Jimmy C

Loner, GC is still quite operational despite Jail's assault. Reguis' office, which one can assume is near the top of the tower is still safe to be occupied. That says a lot about how not-destroyed the Tower is.
Old 2007-08-06, 13:05   Link #157
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loner View Post
The part of the prophecy about the Tower has already come true (I think), when the Numbers assaulted it two episodes ago.

...True. She's already enforced Rules 13, 24, 25, 30 & 32. And judging from this episode, I believe she'll be following #85 religiously from now until she gets Lilio back.

The Numbers, on the other hand, seem to subscribe to Rule #40.
wow thats pretty close in description...

Edit: Vivio! please be alive at the poor Vivio! ;_; Save her Nanoha please save her!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oxs5lP151TI
Old 2007-08-06, 13:15   Link #158
Loner

Quote:
Loner, GC is still quite operational despite Jail's assault. Reguis' office, which one can assume is near the top of the tower is still safe to be occupied. That says a lot about how not-destroyed the Tower is.
Tell that to the poor TSAB accountants when the repair bill comes in...
Old 2007-08-06, 13:28   Link #159
An Hero in Disguise
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Edit: Vivio! please be alive at the poor Vivio! ;_; Save her Nanoha please save her!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oxs5lP151TI
Oh, come on, let at least some of the good guys die.
Old 2007-08-06, 13:34   Link #160
Jimmy C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loner
Tell that to the poor TSAB accountants when the repair bill comes in...
Beats building a new Tower. Although, now that Scag has got his "wings", the destruction of the Tower can now happen in proper sequence as mentioned in the prophecy.
Closed Thread