AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On!! (Second Season) - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 38 38.38%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 29.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 17.17%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 7.07%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 4.04%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.02%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.01%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.01%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-20, 05:12   Link #101
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
Whaa??

You got it all wrong. The "caramel sauce" in the second and fifth line is Mio's music (fitting considering her lyrics). The 6th line changes the use of caramel sauce to represent Mio's heart or feelings. (Implying that she's a sweet sensitive girl like her music). The fangirls burn the sauce (Mio's heart) because Mio finds them a little scary and creepy. However, she says that that's okay because the fangirls make the sauce (both her music and heart) taste better. Meaning that fangirls increase the fun and feel of being in a band and writing music for real fans makes her music better.

I got that at the first reading. It's as clear a blue sky. How can people not get it?
Because not everyone here is a literature student. And a blue sky isn't necessarily clear because of diffuse sky radiation, so a red sky or of any colour can be clear too.

Come to think of it, we don't even know Mio IRL or her real psychology, so there may be multiple interpretations to it.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-05-20, 06:29   Link #102
kyosak
poo

I really like that new song~

When's the single coming out?

EDIT: nvm, found it 6/02
Old 2010-05-20, 07:48   Link #103
Gordy Lechance

Mio is gonna be an absolutely Legendary Lyricist when she grows up, mate.

Can't wait till Pure Pure Heart comes out!!
Old 2010-05-20, 07:54   Link #104
scr
my sides are in orbit

Hm, this K-ON!! this episode actually reminds me of a Marimite episode with (almost) exactly the same theme. It's about letting (normal) girls enter the tea party of the popular club. The difference is that here, it's just Mio. The other similarity? That the girls are fairly high on the lez scale.
If there's a Final Fantasy game that I must put my personal seal of disapproval on, it's Crisis Core. I mean, just look at how this Genesis Rhapsodos dude is raping the canon. It's bad. As in, fanfiction bad.
Old 2010-05-20, 12:52   Link #105
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Not to splash too much water on SaintessHeart's hilarious explanation of Mio's Q&A gaffes as interpreted by Azunyan's feverish mind...

But the probable explanation is Mio's fear of mold (remember the wet guitar horror?). Showerheads are notorious infestations of mold and germs - so "scared of her own shadow" Mio would probably clean the shower head (and perhaps the entire shower) before using it. This is probably what Mio was thinking.

And she eats the taiyaki "from the gills" because that's where most of the sweet azuki bean paste is (the tail and head having little). She simply loves sweet things as we can tell from her lyrics and poetry -- poor girl had better start exercising if she wants to keep that fixation.

However, I'm fairly certain that SaintessHeart's interpretation is what Azunyan's brain was hyperventilating about.
Old 2010-05-20, 14:29   Link #106
mizou
Observer

I have just a small question
the episode seven translation is out but I can't find the release of the team, but only on streaming
so I wonder if you know the name of the team ? thanks
or also a website that follow the relases - if you know -MP me please
Old 2010-05-20, 14:44   Link #107
Agito Akiyama
Bass-wa Watashi

Send a message via MSN to Agito Akiyama
This episode was really really painful to me and I love Mio, it's just that IDK....
Old 2010-05-20, 15:02   Link #108
kitten320

I guess crazy fans are irritating for everyone.
Old 2010-05-20, 17:37   Link #109
Kotohono
Yuri ľ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agito Akiyama View Post
This episode was really really painful to me and I love Mio, it's just that IDK....
Maybe you felt empathetic towards Mio's suffering during some points of the episode?
MAL
Old 2010-05-20, 17:42   Link #110
Nerroth
NePoi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker2k View Post
megumi's in hokkaido right now...there's no way that she'll make it to that event.
Speaking of which:

Would the version of the phrase in this show become "Girls, Be Ambitious!", I wonder?
Old 2010-05-20, 17:55   Link #111
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

This week on K-ON!!

We find that Mio has a problem. A big problem, in fact. Half the school stalks her, hoping she'll trip over something and show them her panties again. In fact, it is only due to KyoAni's clever editing that we don't see the banana peels, trip-wires, and pit traps that litter Sakura High's floors.

Worse, it's not just ordinary psycho lesbian stalkers Mio has to deal with; but the president of the school's absurdly powerful Student Council. Who's not only a member of the Apollo Hair Club for Men Mio Fan Club, she's also the President. Fortunately, HTT pays off the fan club president with a private concert and life goes on. Except for Mio, who spends the summer in therapy and shopping for shotguns.

Fast forward to the modern day. Mio is still being stalked by psycho lesbian stalkers. Which would be fine, if Yui didn't keep stealing her shotgun shells to decorate Ton-chan's aquarium with. Mugi uses her 1337 Sherlock Holmes skills to cleverly deduce that Mio likes it when fried noodles inna bun go on sale, thus earning the Most Useless Character of the Episode award. Charles Foster Offdessen Nodoka comes by to tell them that HTT needs to pay its dues to the Mio Fan Club since they're killing themselves in the streets, rioting, shooting innocent people, threatening to kill the governor of Florida, and generally being hoodlums . . . but I'm getting my series mixed up.

HTT throws a tea party for the psycho lesbians and everybody is happy (especially those of us who like it when KyoAni actually bothers to animate HTT playing music.) Except Mio, who will be spending another summer in therapy and shopping for a safe to store her shotgun shells in.

Seven traumatized and paranoid Mios out of ten.
Old 2010-05-20, 19:10   Link #112
TakuanInc.
loves Marisa Kirisame.

Send a message via MSN to TakuanInc. Send a message via Yahoo to TakuanInc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparvid View Post
Spoiler:
Got what you're looking for.

Spoiler for It was green.:

So it made sense that she appeared in episode 11 of S1 as a third year and the Student Council President at that time (Azusa seeing her and all).

But does not make sense in S2 when her ribbon magically turned out red to meet the 'Azusa didn't know her' know her part of the story...

Gah...I guess I'll just pretend I didn't go around rewatching S1 from my old HDD just to get to the bottom of this continuity fiasco...XD

All is forgiven since they upped the yuri factor anyway...*shot*
Old 2010-05-20, 19:51   Link #113
Procrastinator_CA
Laborus Tardis

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakuanInc. View Post
Got what you're looking for.

Spoiler for It was green.:

So it made sense that she appeared in episode 11 of S1 as a third year and the Student Council President at that time (Azusa seeing her and all).

But does not make sense in S2 when her ribbon magically turned out red to meet the 'Azusa didn't know her' know her part of the story...

Gah...I guess I'll just pretend I didn't go around rewatching S1 from my old HDD just to get to the bottom of this continuity fiasco...XD

All is forgiven since they upped the yuri factor anyway...*shot*
Sogabe also appeared in Episode 12 in Season 1, though for some reason she was in the audience:

Spoiler for green indeed:

Yup, she was wearing a green ribbon. All I can guess is that we have unreliable narrators (in the form of Ritsu and Mio) during the flashback. Perhaps not having anyone in the club wearing a green ribbon had something to do with it.

Anyways, all's well that ends well.
Old 2010-05-20, 21:42   Link #114
Moogie
quick scopes anyone?

I made a cover of Pure-pure heart. haha I'm like one of the first people to upload it. herez
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HSvTKCiUxo
Old 2010-05-20, 23:28   Link #115
Chamusri

As Mio fan, I really enjoyed this episode. Yui and Ritsu make this show hilarious with Mio's thought brings in some touching moment.

Spoiler for My thought about this episode:

Last edited by Chamusri; 2010-05-22 at 11:24. Reason: change some words
Old 2010-05-20, 23:29   Link #116
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Not to splash too much water on SaintessHeart's hilarious explanation of Mio's Q&A gaffes as interpreted by Azunyan's feverish mind...

But the probable explanation is Mio's fear of mold (remember the wet guitar horror?). Showerheads are notorious infestations of mold and germs - so "scared of her own shadow" Mio would probably clean the shower head (and perhaps the entire shower) before using it. This is probably what Mio was thinking.

And she eats the taiyaki "from the gills" because that's where most of the sweet azuki bean paste is (the tail and head having little). She simply loves sweet things as we can tell from her lyrics and poetry -- poor girl had better start exercising if she wants to keep that fixation.

However, I'm fairly certain that SaintessHeart's interpretation is what Azunyan's brain was hyperventilating about.
1. Logically, her body would fight off the germs with little difficulty unless she has problems with her immune system. As for the mold, yeah, barnacles will grow on her knees.......

2. I thought all of Mio's fat from the cakes and sweet stuff go to her chest and butt ar - *IS SHOT*

3. Yet another question is, WHY would Azunyan THINK in such a dirty mature way with regards to those answers?

The effects of Mugivision perhaps?

P.S After seeing Sogabe blushing at the picture kitty sent her, it seems that Mugivision can be transmitted via communication devices as well.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-05-20, 23:35   Link #117
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Mugi controls the horizontal.
Mugi controls the vertical.
Old 2010-05-21, 00:52   Link #118
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
3. Yet another question is, WHY would Azunyan THINK in such a dirty mature way with regards to those answers?
I think it is just in the eye of the beholder as I mentioned in the quotes thread.
Old 2010-05-21, 09:25   Link #119
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post

The effects of Mugivision perhaps?
[/SIZE]
That is actually already slightly supported in story by Azu-nyan's reaction to Mio's... first concert video.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Old 2010-05-21, 14:23   Link #120
zarqu
Stüldt Hĺjt!

Alcohol may have influenced me, but the beginning of this ep raised the oh so good Yuri flags all over Nodoka.

Need to wait and see 'till end of ep.

Ninja edit: Damn, it was the alcohol. Anyways, good Mio focused episode.

Not much to say except "mio, mio, mio, mio".

Last edited by zarqu; 2010-05-21 at 15:50.
Closed Thread