Problem with my android

my android: Genesis gt-1230
Model number: GT-1230
Android version: 4.0.3
Baseband version: 0.5
Kernel version: 3.0.8+ root@ubuntu #308
Buid number: crane_a1002hw-eng 4.0.3 IML74K 20120328 test-keys

My problem is:
After I had to reboot ,my device was completely erased, all apps were gone etc just like factory new, and if I try to change the settings again then reboot, my settings wont save no matter how many times I try, and when I try to install an app from sd I always get the same message: "could not be installed. Free up some space and try again" but off course I have plenety of space left (6gb)

What I first tried to do to probably have this problem:
I wanted to get rid of the stauts bar always showing up so I installed this app https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=search_result and this one (since GMD needed) https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...bnN0YWxsZXIiXQ.. I succeded but the next day when I turned on my device my problem showed up (my device was turned off with low battery)

Any of this was relevant to to what happened? (I think busy box was the major cause)

What I think the solution is:
the only answer I found was that the root is messed up and to try to restore it back before the root and try again, is this really correct? if it is then I will need to do the clockworkmod right? and install the rom again (before root) or a new one? the problem is my device arrived already rooted D= but the official site doesn't have the rom ( only an old version of the gt-1220)

Then if I somehow manage to get another rom to work I will of course lose the root right?

There are any way to solve this?(even loosing the root)

Last edited by karuroso; 2012-05-24 at 00:03.
karuroso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 22:53   Link #2
Dante of the Inferno
Turnin' the Tables

First of all, were you rooted before you installed the app? If not, you're pretty much screwed.

If you were already rooted and you regularly back up your data with ClockworkMod (CWM), then just boot to the CWM recovery mode and restore your backup. From there, you can try again with the app.

It should be noted that stock versions of phone software and/or various ROM's may not play nice with various programs, especially if they're are designed to mask or modify the phone's software structure. Due research should be performed to make sure that your stuff is compatible, or else problems will ensue.