AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2015-06-06, 23:03   Link #5601
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

For fuck sakes, Madrid with 0 titles and Barca wins all three of them, I feel like throwing myself off a fucking bridge, especially because we could have won all that shit if our now ex-manager wasn't such a wuss and thickheaded asshole, what with never playing any of the subs for more than 5 goddamn minutes and the stubborness of having Casillas, a fucking mummy as a goalie... I just hope that Benitez , with all his tactical limitations, has the balls to put the better GK as a starter and knows how to motivate the subs
Old 2015-06-07, 03:35   Link #5602
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp View Post
For fuck sakes, Madrid with 0 titles and Barca wins all three of them, I feel like throwing myself off a fucking bridge, especially because we could have won all that shit if our now ex-manager wasn't such a wuss and thickheaded asshole, what with never playing any of the subs for more than 5 goddamn minutes and the stubborness of having Casillas, a fucking mummy as a goalie... I just hope that Benitez , with all his tactical limitations, has the balls to put the better GK as a starter and knows how to motivate the subs
On the positive side, at least De Gea apparently heading there now. And he was like MU best player last season. So something positive to think about.

It's Barcelona year, really. And Real has also just won La Decima last year so player form understand to be dropped. That's why no club ever won CL in 2 consecutive years.
Old 2015-06-07, 19:57   Link #5603
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
On the positive side, at least De Gea apparently heading there now. And he was like MU best player last season. So something positive to think about.
That one, I'm really disgusted. For someone who was raised in a full family of Atletico fans, came through the Atletico Academy and even played for the senior team, that would be the worst decision he will ever make (pig heads potentially raining at the Calderon Stadium). All of that (allegedly) because his wannabe diva of a girlfriend doesn't want to go to Manchester while the other players' WAGs don't mind going wherever their husband/boyfriend is going.

In other news:

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/...lligerent-jail

I have been saying it since last year: Hope Solo should have been thrown in jail. Even if it wasn't the case, US Soccer and Solo's sponsors should have kicked her out as well. Everyone lacked balls when it was time to ban/crucify Solo, but nobody lacks them when it comes to male professional athletes. Go figure!
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-10, 22:16   Link #5604
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

AMERICA BEAT GERMANY, WE ARE GIANT KILLERS, WHO WANTS NEXT, HUH?!

lol on the title.

But congrats on the US in their match with Germany.
Old 2015-06-11, 04:02   Link #5605
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Do they forget that current US Coach is the senpai of current Germany coach??
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-23, 17:43   Link #5606
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Anybody here following the Women's World Cup?

We had a few quality match-ups so far in the first round and now more to come in the quarterfinals. For instance, we have Germany (#1 in the rankings) facing France (#3) in Montreal, on Friday. I really can't wait to attend that match and see some high quality football between these 2 sides.
Old 2015-06-25, 20:01   Link #5607
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i'm sort of following the WWC. just like i'm sort of following copa america. france germany should be a great game. i expect the US to run over China. if there was ever a game to find our shooting boots, this one is it.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-25, 22:45   Link #5608
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

Copa América ain't really that good this time around, no team is consisntently displaying good play, maybe Chile is the biggest proposer of good football but they're still irregular, Argentina is no good when Messi is not a his best, Colombia can't score to save its life because Falcao it's rubish right now, Brazil without Neymar it's not a threateaning team.... The fact that Bolivia made it to quarterfinals speaks volumes of the level...
Old 2015-06-26, 23:38   Link #5609
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

germany squeezes by france, US expectedly wins against an unexpectedly decent china side.

poor Columbia (and Ospina). I will legitimately feel sorry for the guy if we sell him after getting cech.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2015-06-27, 03:57   Link #5610
abc0716

Found some interesting facts on club football...

List of clubs which never face relegation

List of 'yo-yo' clubs by times of promotion and relegation

Quite surprise that some big clubs like Man. Utd, Dortmund & Atletico Madrid did suffer relegation many years ago...
abc0716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-27, 12:59   Link #5611
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

I wouldn't exactly call Dortmund or Atletico big clubs Recently maybe so, but historically? They are about as important to football history as Brighton& Hove Albion
Old 2015-06-28, 04:19   Link #5612
pikuchan
Long time lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp View Post
I wouldn't exactly call Dortmund or Atletico big clubs Recently maybe so, but historically? They are about as important to football history as Brighton& Hove Albion
Eh, Dortmund was pretty good in late 50's and early 60's with three German Championship, 1 German Cup and 1 UEFA Winners' Cup trophy in that period. And then they also won the UEFA Champions League and the Intercontinental Cup in 97. Atletico Madrid were no slouches either with 1 UEFA Winners' Cup trophy in 62 and Intercontinental Cup in 74. Heck, they were only a few seconds away from being the 1974 European Champion if it wasn't for Schwarzenbeck last minute brilliance. Yes, they aren't the biggest club around, but they are no Brighton & Hove Albion either.
Old 2015-06-28, 11:09   Link #5613
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

so.. england women's national team makes it to the semis. tabloids are having a field day with that. first senior squad, male or female, to make it past the quarters since 1990. all the comments on the article are "this is what a team plays like when they play for the badge!" england's rallying around them like the US did our national team.

Brazil out on penalties as well to paraguay. predicting a chile/argentina final.

Old 2015-06-28, 18:09   Link #5614
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
so.. england women's national team makes it to the semis. tabloids are having a field day with that. first senior squad, male or female, to make it past the quarters since 1990. all the comments on the article are "this is what a team plays like when they play for the badge!" england's rallying around them like the US did our national team.
Meh! If anything, they capitalized on our girls' mistakes rather than being as good as some British tabloids want to make believe. I won't forgive Lauren Sesselmann nor Melissa Tancredi for being as shit as they were for Canada during the tournament.

Nadeshiko Japan better burst that English bubble hard on Wednesday night. I still want to see the Nadeshiko in the final.
Old 2015-06-30, 20:58   Link #5615
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

whelp, that foul on Alex Morgan was outside the box. oh well. we outplayed them anyways. hopefully england beats japan.

Old 2015-07-01, 19:57   Link #5616
DarkJak2050

The Finals for the 2015 WWC is a re-match of 2011:

USA Vs. Japan

For the Japan/England game...

My god; if anyone's guessing on what's the worse possible way of getting knocked out of a World Cup (Men or Women), what Laura Bassett did would probably be it...

For England's case however, it's out of title contention; they'll still play for 3rd Place against Germany.

But none the less, I feel terrible for Bassett, cause she's never going to hear the end of it.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-01, 20:24   Link #5617
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

talk about a cruel ending. you can see how much it meant to them.

Old 2015-07-02, 00:20   Link #5618
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

The good news for Bassett is that people have moved a long way past the days when Beckham or Phil Neville (Euro 2000 against Romania) would get abused for their respective mistakes that got England knocked out. About the 3rd place match, I don't think England will make it. They have a huge case of inferiority complex with Germany; they were beaten by the same German team in Wembley a few months ago.

For the final, it's going to be hairy. US fans will say it's a grudge match for 2011, but Nadeshiko fans will say it's their grudge match for the 2012 Olympics. Expect some fireworks in that match.
Old 2015-07-05, 03:55   Link #5619
DarkJak2050

Well well, looks like that England got the best possible thing for redemption after what happened against Japan; beating #1 ranked Germany for 3rd place.

That's one way of bouncing back. Well done, ladies.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-05, 18:04   Link #5620
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

1-0 US @ the 3' mark.

edit--

2-0 US @ the 5' mark.

Hi edit button--

3-0 US @ 14'
Is this turning into another GER-BRA style blowout?

edit--
Yup
4-0 US @ 16'

edit--
Maybe not...
4-1 US @ 27'

edit the final--

5-2 US - Final

Last edited by Aya Reiko; 2015-07-05 at 20:10.
Aya Reiko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
football, soccer