AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2012-03-28, 14:06   Link #581
trenton_dawn
Silt

Got myself a new Agile AL-3110 Can't wait to try it out (I'm at work right now). I'll see if I can get some recordings up sometime.

Spoiler for Images:
trenton_dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 05:20   Link #582
OZ7UP
Music for life.
*Author

Not sure if you guys have heard the news yet, or if this is the right place to post this, but Jim Marshall, the founder of Marshall Amplification, has passed away.
OZ7UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 14:35   Link #583
stigbn

Hi:

Have you seen the new Fender Squier Mustang - the price is about $300! It was introduced in July 2012.

http://www.fender.com/en-DK/products...ified-mustang/

It's not exacly like the Japanese Mustang - but it's close, and then the price...
I'm planning to order one soon but can't decide if I want an "azusa-red" or maybe a sonic blue...

I have enough guitars already, but since I've watched K-On I've been hooked on getting a Mustang.

Oh, and btw - I have a Japanese Aria Les Paul-copy - from '78 - from back when they made nearly exact replicas - they stopped making them after a lawsuit back then.
stigbn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 07:53   Link #584
stigbn

I bought the new Squier Mustang Vintage modified in red.

It's a great guitar, but for those K-On fans that may be interested, it's not the deep red you see on Azuza's Mustang. It's a much lighter red, nearly orange, they call the color 'fiesta red'.

Anyway, it has a very nice sound, and it's less bright than for example a stratocaster or a telecaster.
stigbn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 17:01   Link #585
DeSpeRaTi0N

Hey guys,

I'm new here but I thought as you are more experienced both in the forum and music you could help me out. My first question is - who plays the instruments in K-on? Are the reals seiyus (Toyosaki Aki, Hikasa Youko ...) playing their instruments or other people and if they are other people who are they? And another thing - what strings are used for Yui's guitar. I'm truing to figure out her tone but I need the strings' gauge.
DeSpeRaTi0N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 01:35   Link #586
trenton_dawn
Silt

The real voice actresses are not playing the instruments heard in the show. As for who actually plays them, I'm not sure since I can't read Japanese credits.

Yui uses D'Addario heavy gauge nickel-wound strings, 12-54. You can see my previous post about this here.
trenton_dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 02:09   Link #587
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by trenton_dawn View Post
The real voice actresses are not playing the instruments heard in the show. As for who actually plays them, I'm not sure since I can't read Japanese credits.
As an addendum, the voice actresses actually played their instruments during the live concerts for one or two songs (if I remember correctly).
Old 2012-09-25, 02:43   Link #588
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze0041 View Post
As an addendum, the voice actresses actually played their instruments during the live concerts for one or two songs (if I remember correctly).
This is true- Hisaka Youko is doomed to play bass left-handed forever now (which in my case is fantastic).
Old 2012-09-25, 04:54   Link #589
DeSpeRaTi0N

Thanks for the info. I didn't think Yui would go on with such heavy strings unlike her light character
As far as I know about Hikasa Youko she is right-handed but learned to play lefty because of Mio, which I also think is pretty cool. I read somewhere that all of the characters' names are actually names of famous Japanese musicians. Can anyone relate to that whetehr it's true or not?
DeSpeRaTi0N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 05:36   Link #590
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeSpeRaTi0N View Post
I read somewhere that all of the characters' names are actually names of famous Japanese musicians. Can anyone relate to that whetehr it's true or not?
That's correct, at least for their family names.
(Yui) Hirasawa, (Mio) Akiyama, (Ritsu) Tainaka, (Tsumugi) Kotobuki and (Azusa) Nakano are derived from five of the members of P-Model, which disbanded in 1999.
(Sawako) Yamanaka, (Nodoka) Manabe and (Jun) Suzuki, on the other hand, are derived from members of The Pillows, best known for their work in FLCL.
I'm a bit curious about the college and newer high school characters though.
Old 2012-09-25, 07:33   Link #591
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze0041 View Post
That's correct, at least for their family names.
(Yui) Hirasawa, (Mio) Akiyama, (Ritsu) Tainaka, (Tsumugi) Kotobuki and (Azusa) Nakano are derived from five of the members of P-Model, which disbanded in 1999.
(Sawako) Yamanaka, (Nodoka) Manabe and (Jun) Suzuki, on the other hand, are derived from members of The Pillows, best known for their work in FLCL.
I'm a bit curious about the college and newer high school characters though.
approved! true,true!
Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 00:51   Link #592
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

Just a heads up people. SCANDAL's Haruna has been performing playing a Mustang. it's Blue though. The parallels with K-On continue !!
Bikerider is offline   Reply With Quote