AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-07, 03:19   Link #1
oompa loompa

fun fast paced comedy/romance anime?

yeah sorry.. i think for those of you who read the post in my last thread ud get it.. but the title of that one was misleading..
i was under the impression that the more serious ones were always better.. but maybe thats not the case.
so can any1 recommend me a romance/comedy anime, thatll get u a good laugh, but is not brain fryingly stupid? meaning.. the story should have SOME depth to it.. ill leave it to you guys, (im really not that experienced) to give me some suggestions

ive watched
ouran high school host club
sr season 1 and 2
shuffle!
kaze no stigma
midori no hibi
FMP- all 3 seasons

i consider all of these great shows.. and all count as romancey series, even fmp and kaze no stigma.. so im up for suggestions!
thanks a lot!

on a side note.. if you could help me out
i hear clannad, shakugan no shana , and ef- a tale of memories are all really good.. considering the 'mood' from the animes above, which one do you think would suit me best? and if you can recommend me some animes which u think are better than these too? ahh im getting a bit picky now XD
Old 2008-02-07, 04:05   Link #2
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
To start, ef - a tale of memories isn't a fun, fast-paced comedy/romance. It's more unique in its own category, but it's not something you look for if you want a cheery and fun series. Shakugan no Shana I will recommend, and while it has comedy and romance, its plot revolve more around action. Clannad is a wonderful comedy/romance, unlike KyoAni's previous works (excluding Fumoffu!), which are more heavily drama/fantasy.

And finally, I'll recommend my own REC and Mahoromatic for comedy/romance.

Last edited by KholdStare; 2008-02-07 at 04:53.
Old 2008-02-07, 04:38   Link #3
oompa loompa

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
To start, ef - a tale of memories isn't a fun, fast-paced comedy/romance. It's more unique in its own category, but it's not something you look for if you want a cheery and fun series. .
it didnt look that way either.. i suppose that type of stuff is good.. but just not what im looking for.. i will probably go with clannad or shakugan no shana, unless some better one is suggsted
Old 2008-02-07, 04:38   Link #4
Deus ex Digital Boy
21st Century Digital Boy

CLANNAD is a show that is simultaneously fun and really sad, and you are more than likely to enjoy it - I;m not much of a fan but the show has a lot of appeal. Shana.... you can watch it if you want, personally I hate it >_< and ef is obviously my favorite show EVER and I think you should watch it anyway and then rewatch it a few more times, however it is far from fun and fast-paced.

I second REC.
Old 2008-02-07, 09:31   Link #5
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

fast paced? funny? romance?

this sounds like seto no hanayome to me.
trust me, you wont be disappointed
Old 2008-02-07, 11:30   Link #6
Hikikomori Ja nai
Pony-tails Turn me on >_<

Send a message via AIM to Hikikomori Ja nai
Quote:
Originally Posted by supahem View Post
fast paced? funny? romance?

this sounds like seto no hanayome to me.
trust me, you wont be disappointed
I co-sign his suggestion and also suggest,

-Haruhi no Yuustu
-Umisho
-School Rumble (both seasons)
-Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei (i suggest this anime for anything...)
-Paradise Kiss
-Over Drive
-Onegai Teacher
-Nodame Cantabile
-NHK ni Youkoso

Start off with those and if you need any more you can always pm me...

p.s These are all animes where romance is centralized to the plot wit comedy being secondary.... minus of course SZS. If you want like a comedy/adventure with some romantic elements in the series I could suggest others as well.

Last edited by Hikikomori Ja nai; 2008-02-07 at 11:34. Reason: post script
Old 2008-02-07, 11:57   Link #7
oompa loompa

thanks a lot! i did consider seto no hanayome.. but the story looked a little strange.. the type which could be really good or bad.. i was really hoping someone would mention it here..

im still open to anymore suggestions!
Old 2008-02-07, 13:47   Link #8
johnthesifu
Anime Sifu

Face paced? im assuming this means that the relationship starts right at the beginning rather than middle or end right? if so i would suggest Mamoru-kun ni Megami no Shukufuku wo! - Its really interesting
Old 2008-02-07, 13:47   Link #9
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

If you want some good comedies

Minami ke First season is finished. Second is airing right now. First is better. Slice of life comedy with smart writing

Rosario + Vampire Fanservicy comedy.

They are my noble masters Also a fanservicy comedy, though not as much as Rosario.

Hiyate the combat butler Havent had a chance to watch it yet so i dont know, but i heard a lot of good things

Seconding School Rumble
Old 2008-02-09, 10:53   Link #10
FiRe_RoSe82
SaKuRa-HiMe

Send a message via Yahoo to FiRe_RoSe82
Nobody has mentioned Lovely Complex!! I highly recommend it. The synopsis may look like an ordinary slice of life series. But trust me... its full of humour. Romance definitely.. that's its central theme. Hilarious! Make sure u put it as ur top priority!
Old 2008-02-09, 15:25   Link #11
silverwolf
1 shot 1 kill

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiRe_RoSe82 View Post
Nobody has mentioned Lovely Complex!! I highly recommend it. The synopsis may look like an ordinary slice of life series. But trust me... its full of humour. Romance definitely.. that's its central theme. Hilarious! Make sure u put it as ur top priority!
yeah... if yore in to chick flix

anyway it kanda fits ... Tonagura!

A man needs sum thing to satisfied his soul...booze...no not booze ,Love no mater how old he gets,man lives his life in love with love regardless of what reality has to say on the matter.
Old 2010-05-09, 07:03   Link #12
callmevarjak

you might like special a. although the main couple never go out, they show many signs of love, and are always teasing each other. its very funny. there is a happy ending too.
Old 2010-05-09, 10:30   Link #13
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I'd hit up Baka to Test to Shokanjuu without hesitation. Mainly comedy, but romance still is a big part of it. It doesn't drag, as the pace is relatively fast. And don't let the title fool you... just because it has 'baka', the depth of characters is still above your average anime of its kind.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2010-05-09, 14:45   Link #14
MamoruUsagi

Peach Girl
Happy Hustle High
Kare Kano
High School Debut
Wild Act
Kare First Love
Bokura ga Ita
The Devil Does Exist
Fushigi Yuugi
Absolute Boyfriend
Missile Happy!
Ultra Cute

Are romance/comedy manga and anime. These show the couple dating and in relationships.
Old 2010-05-10, 06:32   Link #15
StudioJC
Loser-Bum

Baka Test definately. Just remember - "Beware of the trap".

Muteki Kanban Musume - If you like a simple and fast anime. It's like Ranma of yore without the love-comedy. The plot is basically a vicious and bloodthirsty Asuka Langley clone as a delivery Ramen delivery girl.
Old 2010-05-16, 11:36   Link #16
libba
nepenthes rajah

Earl & Fairy aka Hakushaku to Yosei. It's a mix of romance, comedy and lighthearted adventure, set in Victorian England and dealing with (obviously xD) fairies. It is basically a shoujo anime but shows an unusual - for the genre - amount of action and a pretty fast pacing. The girl is down to earth, charming and practical, and her main squeeze reminds of a somewhat evil version of Tamaki from Ouran High School Host Club.
Closed Thread