AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-04-12, 23:49   Link #101
tkdtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyu410 View Post
Naruto probably thought Sasuke went to Orochimaru to get trust then backstab him. I mean usually when Sasuke has a plan Naruto changes the situation by intervening. Remember the Forest of Death.

I thought Jiraiya would have at least shown some feeling that Orochimaru died. I mean doesn't that put all his former efforts to getting Orochimaru back go to waste.

At this point I'm betting Sasuke can beat Itachi. Not an easy win but he'll win for sure.
I don't think Sasuke can beat Itachi until he has MS.

Spoiler:
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 03:32   Link #102
kheldorin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdtiger View Post
I don't think Sasuke can beat Itachi until he has MS.

Spoiler:

Yeah, Itachi probably has learned just as much or even more during his time with Akatsuki than Sasuke has with Oro. Sasuke is just starting to realize his potential which Itachi is probably at his peak. But on the other hand, if Sasuke has a really good plan, then it could be possible. Shika beat Hidan afterall.
kheldorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 05:53   Link #103
neoko

I'm still loving naruto every week!

Is it true that Kishi said that naruto will end soon? Wayyy too early :P
neoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 06:23   Link #104
ri0

Pretty cool chapter... But damn this bunch of CS2-monsters surely looked like a gang of apostles from Berserk.

The manga is going into the right direction in my eyes. Although I didn't like that totally snake-form of Orochimaru, I think that the manga, once again, is totally interesting.
ri0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 08:39   Link #105
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibits View Post
Wow Kishi is really slipping.......
I remember when the cursed seal meant something......only 10% survive it, and super special procedures had to be done in order to move to level 2? Like how Kishi implied that only 5 (the sound five including Kimi) had it? Now every Tom, Dick and Jane has it.

So judging from this Oro has tried to give the cursed seal to at least 300,000 (rough estimate 300 CS2 fodder in this chapter) to create that many. That also means he has sacrificed at least 270,000 (90% death from cursed seal), which is a small US city. That's a bit unbelievable considering that Oro is so shadey in his operation, kidnapping on such a grand scale and not getting caught.....

How very lame. This chapter gets a 1/10 from me
What? Where did you get the idea that only 5 guys had the CS? Level 2 or not it was never even hinted in the story.
This is the facility where Orochimaru conducted his experiences on the CS for years, what's so surprising about the fact he had to experiment on a couple of thousand of people over these years to perfect the CS? If anything it was kind of obvious.
Those guys (who weren't all in CS2 states btw) are failled experiment, uncontrolable monsters, which is probably why they look more animal than human contrary to the Sound 5 and Sasuke.
For all we know the 10% survival rate (and not 0.1% as you first believed) doesn't even apply to them one way or the other since Oro "created" them before he perfected the CS.

If there is one thing I find annoying in this chapter it's rather Kishimoto giving girls the short side of the stick again with a mere support power like usual.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 09:04   Link #106
Ryukage
Dragon of the Shadows

Send a message via AIM to Ryukage
I wish Kishi would show us some of Suigetsu's skill already.
Ryukage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 09:12   Link #107
Lex`
Aoi/Hinata Fan Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
If there is one thing I find annoying in this chapter it's rather Kishimoto giving girls the short side of the stick again with a mere support power like usual.
I was kinda hoping Karin would kick some ass as well.
Lex` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 09:37   Link #108
Negro_Naruto

By the way, i just watched the new Shippuuden episode and they covered the part where Jiraya tells Naruto to not use "that jutsu". In the anime, instead of jutsu, Jiraya says "power". So i guess there's no "that" jutsu, it was just the Kyuubi power.
Negro_Naruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 11:35   Link #109
Lex`
Aoi/Hinata Fan Boy

I dunno, I tend to lean towards what the manga says, rather than base things off of the anime.
Old 2007-04-13, 12:48   Link #110
Kyu410

Send a message via Yahoo to Kyu410
I believe that Kishi is going to switch back to Naruto after Juugo joins Sasuke. Then Kishi will show a scene between both teams and it'll lead to a fight between both teams or the Akatsuki.

As for which Jonin will go. I believe Kakashi will go. He might want to see just how Sasuke got so powerful so fast.
Kyu410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 16:07   Link #111
Suiginto
Eien no Sora

Send a message via MSN to Suiginto
I can't wait for the moment when Naruto will face Sasuke. Their fights always had been something interesting to watch
Suiginto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 16:17   Link #112
tatami
back in black

now orochimaru is dead and sasuke is just walking around i wonder what kind of place konoha holds? i mean if he was to come back i understand that they will accept him back? so he still is a missing nin?
tatami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 18:56   Link #113
kheldorin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suiginto View Post
I can't wait for the moment when Naruto will face Sasuke. Their fights always had been something interesting to watch
But is there a reason for them to fight each other now? Sasuke doesn't seem keen on killing Naruto to gain MS and Naruto doesn't have to bring Sasuke back as Sasuke isn't under any harm. So yeah, it'll be interesting to see how Kishi will shape the story so that the fight would happen.
kheldorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 19:09   Link #114
Lex`
Aoi/Hinata Fan Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kheldorin View Post
But is there a reason for them to fight each other now? Sasuke doesn't seem keen on killing Naruto to gain MS and Naruto doesn't have to bring Sasuke back as Sasuke isn't under any harm. So yeah, it'll be interesting to see how Kishi will shape the story so that the fight would happen.
Naruto still plans on keeping that promise he made to Sakura i'm sure.
Old 2007-04-13, 19:15   Link #115
Kenu
magoi, magoi!

I don't know about you, but learning about the secrets or origins of the Cursed Seal is not what is first and foremost on my mind. Actually I was quite over the Cursed Seal during the "chase Sasuke & Four Sound-nin arc".

There seems to be so much more to what could be covered in Naruto manga, but if Kishimoto feels he needs to introduce these characters I hope he does it properly. I hesitate to say it, but these characters especially Juugo does not tickle my fancy.
Kenu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 19:21   Link #116
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Jiraiya's most reliable source(s) confirmed Oro's death, I wonder who that is? Will it be Kabuto (with high probability) or somebody else.

And, the cursed seal in the last few chapters has become one of the most illogical upgrade ever. It is like Kakashi's Raikiri losing its strength and losing its ability to even go through the wood. Since, I have used pathetic in the last few chapters a lot, I don't want to repeat that, but all I can say is, right now, it is even worse than that.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 21:02   Link #117
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
And, the cursed seal in the last few chapters has become one of the most illogical upgrade ever. It is like Kakashi's Raikiri losing its strength and losing its ability to even go through the wood. Since, I have used pathetic in the last few chapters a lot, I don't want to repeat that, but all I can say is, right now, it is even worse than that.
I don't see why you find it illogical when this monster here with CS are suppose to be Garbage compared to the real users of CS that got to make the cut. If 2 tired Jounin could go on par with 4 nin at CS2 that were not garbage, I don't see why this bunch of Garbage People can't be disposed by SAsuke (who already defeated one in a flash) and Sugetsu which should be strong too.

On to this chapter, this Chapter was great, Juugo seems interesting, and I hope Kishi deliver next issue telling more about the CS. IMO Kishi has been doing great work the last 3 or 4 Chapters, this arc is growing up for me as to be the best arc since part 2 started.
Old 2007-04-13, 21:12   Link #118
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
I don't see why you find it illogical when this monster here with CS are suppose to be Garbage compared to the real users of CS that got to make the cut.
One on one, they might "look" (not be) garbage, but one on many that is not the case.

Like I said, if Sasuke without cursed seal is good enough to take care of that many cursed sealed monsters, what is there the need to upgrade people using cursed seal? In short, there is no need. That is why, it is one of the most illogical if not the stupid upgrade ever. And, sorry but, anyone that is upgraded with cursed seal is not a garbage, considering the survival rate of it. Anyway, if you enjoy it good for you. Luckily, the other series I follow do not disgrace the story it is supposed to follow that much, so that I don't feel that bad.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 21:42   Link #119
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
One on one, they might "look" (not be) garbage, but one on many that is not the case.

Like I said, if Sasuke without cursed seal is good enough to take care of that many cursed sealed monsters, what is there the need to upgrade people using cursed seal? In short, there is no need. That is why, it is one of the most illogical if not the stupid upgrade ever. And, sorry but, anyone that is upgraded with cursed seal is not a garbage, considering the survival rate of it. Anyway, if you enjoy it good for you. Luckily, the other series I follow do not disgrace the story it is supposed to follow that much, so that I don't feel that bad.
This are garbage compared to the real deal, IF you are weak ninja like Konohamaru pre time skip, then CS level 2 would not make him strong enough to make a difference against a Sanin, so 10 or 20, Konohamarus PTK with CS2 wont make a difference against a Sasnin either. yes they are garbage, you tried to think different because is Sasuke doing the Ass kicking here. just because the have cursed seal doesn't mean that they are strong enough to defeat Sasuke in and suigetsu in group,just mean they have a way to get stronger, but As we see, Sasuke is way stronger than this no names Shinoby with CS.

BTW, you seem to be only fixed on Sasuke, it seems you find it illogical because is Sasuke doing it so....remember it was Sasuke and Suigetsu. It will be illogical if this no names garbage would give trouble to Sasuke and Suigetsu. as I would fin Illogical That Jiraiya had gotten any trouble against and army like that.

and You are not the only one that follow the different series, And I for one are not seen the disagreement in the story in no point (just you that disagree of anything that Sasuke does that makes him look stronger...do you hate him that much???).

It is logical for Sasuke and Suigetsu to be defeating this guys when Sasuke already defeated one in a blink of an Eye. and the story needs to move forward and thus make characters like Sasuke win this type of battle at ease

for example in Bleach, is like saying a group of no names Hollow Arrancar can give trouble to Ichihgo at Bankai. or in one piece a group of no names pirates with Devil fruit power can give trouble to Luffy.
Old 2007-04-13, 21:50   Link #120
MobiuS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
It is logical for Sasuke and Suigetsu to be defeating this guys when Sasuke already defeated one in a blink of an Eye. and the story needs to move forward and thus make characters like Sasuke win this type of battle at ease

for example in Bleach, is like saying a group of no names Hollow Arrancar can give trouble to Ichihgo at Bankai. or in one piece a group of no names pirates with Devil fruit power can give trouble to Luffy.
Ill point you back to Forest of Death where 3 noname illusionists held up Team 7 even though they had a jink and a sharingan user in the team. I was impressed with the solution to the problem and it was a very acceptable encounter.

YOUR OPPONENT DOES NOT HAVE TO BE OVERLY WEAK TO EMPHASIZE YOUR STRENGTH.

I found more character development and balance back when people learnt something from every fight. They learnt more about themselves, their limits and abilities and they moved on and got better. Learnt a bit more ... etc. So this whole "im too cool to learn from any opponents" sorta fights we are seeing IMO is just bad for the plot.

Would be nice to see an opponent with an inherrent counter for Sharingan and Sasuke fights without it to win. That is what a good fight is. Not numerous slaughtered enemies because " i r gotz tah sharingarz".
MobiuS is offline   Reply With Quote