AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2012-11-09, 21:11   Link #1
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Protests in Argentina

Hello there. I just wanted to tell the rest of AnimeSuki about a huge protest that went on the 8th of November all over Argentina. Just with the purpose of showing you the size of the protest... Here goes a pic.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater

Arty

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Arturia Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 21:19   Link #2
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

what are you guys protesting? price of beef?
Old 2012-11-09, 21:28   Link #3
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

It's a general feeling of discontent with the politics employed by the President. I personally don't like the constant encroachment on the institutions like the "Central Bank" I think it translates as...

There's a reason why institutions like this exist, and changing the rules of the game is the only thing that's being done at the moment.

You can play football with 13 players at home, but you'll still have to play with 11 players against other nations. Otherwise they'd just laugh at you.

Arty

Old 2012-11-09, 21:30   Link #4
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturia Polaris View Post
It's a general feeling of discontent with the politics employed by the President. I personally don't like the constant encroachment on the institutions like the "Central Bank" I think it translates as...

There's a reason why institutions like this exist, and changing the rules of the game is the only thing that's being done at the moment.

You can play football with 13 players at home, but you'll still have to play with 11 players against other nations. Otherwise they'd just laugh at you.

Arty
considering how long she has been at it. isn't this kinda late?
Old 2012-11-09, 21:33   Link #5
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

The thing is that no one bothers while the rest of the nation works, somehow. Once you realize that Buenos Aires is stuck with a blackout in half of the city, and it floods twice in 2 weeks...

I've been always opposing this, but I'm not a politician. A lot of people frankly never bothered to see. Now they are slowly opening their eyes... but you know.

I just pray for all of us now.

Arty

Old 2012-11-09, 23:27   Link #6
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I feel so ignorant for thinking about soccer whenever seeing two words "Argentina" and "protests" being together.

Anyway, i thought you guys love Cristina Kirchner as she has been winning election easily two times in the row? Is it dispute between two groups of supporter over a new political issue (American equivalent of 'birth control')?
Old 2012-11-09, 23:42   Link #7
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

The only reason she wins elections is because there's no real opposition. There's a load of issues...

The state says that there's an 8% inflation, while private sources say it's about 25% yearly. That means that your salary is 1/4 less at the end of the year. This causes people to go to foreign currency in an attempt to avoid loss of money, but then you are prevented from buying foreign currency because you're not "solvent" enough.

I'm sure that someone heard that our president went to the States to a couple of universities? Some people asked her questions (she doesn't answer questions from us here in Argentina) and a couple of Argies studying there asked her about her... patrimony (sp?) increased in huge numbers. Her answer? She's a successful president.

Now she's obsessed with destroying a newspaper saying that "it lies".

If you ask me this is a huge pressure pot about to explode. I honestly don't want it to explode because if the Titanic sinks, rest assured that she's not going to be the last to leave...

Just today I was stuck in the middle of a subway line without air conditioning for 30 minutes without any kind of word about what was going on (40°C) people were going crazy, a couple fainted. It was apparently a worker's protest or somesuch. The driver almost had his head handed to him were it not for me and a bunch of others calming the people who were this close to break the window of the subway.

City flooded twice in 2 weeks due to rains. Half the city was without electricity (Always talking about Buenos Aires)... It always happens during summer because our elecricity grid is not enough.

Anywho, it's not looking really good. I'd be happy to say more so just ask!

Arty

Old 2012-11-10, 23:50   Link #8
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Don't forget about the whole Falkland Islands thing which i think she used to make Argentinians forget from important issues. The Falkland islanders find her annoying and rude since she refuses to listen to them that they are fine being with the UK while pretending they don't exist.