2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-02-09, 09:48   Link #81
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
BTW, has anyone noticed that there's no restroom in Akihabara? Or it's just me?

Anyways, seeing Rudy's progress, I wonder if Landers gain little EXP or they have a bigger EXP cap?
there are restroom in akiba. There is even plumbing system that they built when the new idea of applying real life to game mechanics.
Old 2014-02-09, 09:50   Link #82
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
there are restroom in akiba. There is even plumbing system that they built when the new idea of applying real life to game mechanics.
Thank goodness that they have one... It's gonna be weird if they not relieving themselves.

Anyways, I can't wait how Shiroe can revive a fallen Lander like Rudy.
Old 2014-02-09, 11:30   Link #83
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Made the image for another forum, gonna post it here too for the heck
The Hill Giants Krusty took head on were raid monsters.
Specifically, Raid Class 1 monsters, meaning, they are designed for a 24 man lv80 group to take on.

Old 2014-02-09, 11:44   Link #84
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Some guy in IRC posted this cap from 4chan

http://i.imgur.com/rxJdYFA.jpg

MMO Warfare: Serious Business.
Old 2014-02-09, 14:10   Link #85
GundamFan

Well I wish Krusty's fight had been a bit longer still very well done.
Love that Akatsuki was starting to get a little twitchy. The kids did well all things consider and Rudy got a heroic death that doesn't seem like it will last. Shiroe I'm sure will come up with something either a way to bend the rules or has item/potion that will do the trick.
Old 2014-02-09, 14:47   Link #86
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

After having watched the episode i wish the serie could have had a bigger budget, the raid battle was still nice, it showed how over the top a mass battle where demi gods and magics are used massivly.

It was fun to see Shiroe use a hexagon map to plan his move, it also where the game show its age, in some modern MMORPG the communication problem would have been solved by a global chat ^^;

It's horrible how most the summon are cute, even the shrieking 'shroom .
Old 2014-02-09, 16:43   Link #87
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

If Rudy does get a new lease on life he will no doubt became the pet of the group, since they will gain levels at 2.5 times his speed, by the time most start reaching 60 he will be at 40, even Serara will look like a damage dealing monster in comparision
Old 2014-02-09, 16:44   Link #88
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Some guy in IRC posted this cap from 4chan

http://i.imgur.com/rxJdYFA.jpg

MMO Warfare: Serious Business.
Well they had to adopt such tactics due to the immersion being essentially real. I'd imagine once a company develops a full scale immersive VRMMO we'd see such tactics used in Guild/Alliance/Fleet wars over territories.

Though with everyone being one men armies, I'd wonder if hit and run tactics would be more appropriate ala today's asymmetric warfare.

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Old 2014-02-09, 17:52   Link #89
Tenzen12

That would work if adventurers wanted simply defeat goblin army, but if they want minimalise chances of remants attacking villages it's better do one decessive battle and wipe them out entirely.
Old 2014-02-09, 19:08   Link #90
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

This also exposes a massive amount of players to military tactics which would be vital when an equally risky conflict shows up.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2014-02-09, 19:10   Link #91
The Green One

As they said in the episode, beating the Goblins is the easy part, it's keeping them from burning the countryside to the ground when they scatter is the harder part.
Old 2014-02-09, 22:39   Link #92
Anime Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
As they said in the episode, beating the Goblins is the easy part, it's keeping them from burning the countryside to the ground when they scatter is the harder part.
Encircling a larger army seems pretty pointless. You'll be spread so thin that it is difficult to maintain the encirclement. Aren't there like thousands of goblins compared to, what, a hundred or so adventurers? Sun Tzu was quoted in the Art of War, "If you outnumber your enemy 10 to 1, surround them".

No, the basic military tactic should be to attack from 3 sides, allow the enemy to flee into the direction you want, then pursue and destroy the fleeing goblins when they have lost all discipline and cohesiveness. In ancient warfare between Greek armies, 10-15% of casualties came from the fighting. The vast majority came from panicked men cut down while trying to flee.

Even if some goblins got away, the only thing they would be destroying is the wilderness nobody owns. Would they even have time to trash up the place when they are fleeing for their lives?
Old 2014-02-09, 23:10   Link #93
Tenzen12

Every living being needs eat, even these who run for life. It's easier attack village than hunting on run. Pillaging remants are as old as army itself.

Also one adventurer is enough on 10 goblins and their numbers going quickly down anyway. So encircling GA is perfectly valid option (It's clear adventurers doesn't try do that from begening though).
Old 2014-02-09, 23:17   Link #94
The Green One

The Adventurers themselves are far more powerful then the Goblins, with the immense army the Adventurers brought, they're more then capable of routing the Goblins and they've got more than enough numbers to encircle them. Since full raid parties are a platoon on their own. The Goblins can't put up a fight if they're getting pounded on all sides at once.

Crusty's group was just meant to engage and occupy the main mob and do as much damage as possible so the other platoons had enough time to arrive and complete the encirclement. Then all that's left is a simple bloodbath while the the Goblins get butchered. The only danger is if the Sahuagins and their Goblin allies overwhelm Chousi and hit the encirclement from behind in a back attack and open an escape route for the enemy army.
Old 2014-02-09, 23:24   Link #95
monir
cho~ kakkoii

What an exhilarating episode this was. I sure hope Shirou can save Rudy. It's hard not to pull for him. In fact, this is one of those rare shows where it is so difficult to dislike any characters.

And Crusty.... the power a level 90 can exhibit was in full display. I want the next episode now...
Old 2014-02-09, 23:54   Link #96
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
If Rudy does get a new lease on life he will no doubt became the pet of the group, since they will gain levels at 2.5 times his speed, by the time most start reaching 60 he will be at 40, even Serara will look like a damage dealing monster in comparision
I gotta slightly disagree Isuzu already pet zoned the poor boy he would continue to being a pet.
And well if Shiroe can't revive Rudy I don't know maybe he can get the kids a new pet Lander.
Old 2014-02-09, 23:58   Link #97
Rendius

Absolutely loved this episode! The skirmishes both at the coast and the mainland, the telepathy network mimicking a military communications base, and the revelation of Rudy.

Wish there was more Crusty kicking ass, though!
Old 2014-02-10, 00:51   Link #98
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online View Post
Encircling a larger army seems pretty pointless. You'll be spread so thin that it is difficult to maintain the encirclement. Aren't there like thousands of goblins compared to, what, a hundred or so adventurers? Sun Tzu was quoted in the Art of War, "If you outnumber your enemy 10 to 1, surround them".
No, there are over a thousand Adventurers in the Akiba's expedition army.
The 96 adventurers you saw was the spearhead group led by Krusty.
Old 2014-02-10, 03:19   Link #99
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

That raid boss requires 24 man of level 80 to defeat? But it looked like Krusty downed it in a single blow though... Is the difference between levels really that huge?
Old 2014-02-10, 03:23   Link #100
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

I have to say, if this is the event you get for failing to stop the king's crowning........ I would never want to prevent it, ever. At least back when it was still a game, the consequences of it post-apocalypse are too high though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online View Post

No, the basic military tactic should be to attack from 3 sides, allow the enemy to flee into the direction you want, then pursue and destroy the fleeing goblins when they have lost all discipline and cohesiveness. In ancient warfare between Greek armies, 10-15% of casualties came from the fighting. The vast majority came from panicked men cut down while trying to flee.

Even if some goblins got away, the only thing they would be destroying is the wilderness nobody owns. Would they even have time to trash up the place when they are fleeing for their lives?
This would be true in real life Human vs Human warfare, but as people have pointed out, the encircling strategy works here because one decently level'ed adventurer can hold off and/or kill multiple goblins on their own, and the lvl 90 expert venturers can probably kill chunks of the goblin army themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craxuan View Post
That raid boss requires 24 man of level 80 to defeat? But it looked like Krusty downed it in a single blow though... Is the difference between levels really that huge?
Might depend actually, is it a level 80 Raid class boss, or level 80 Raid class monster? I don't know what the level growth is like in ET, I've never read the novels, but depending on whether your growth scales linear or exponential, then yes, I've played games where having 10 levels on a boss makes him a pushover.
Closed Thread