AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2013-09-20, 22:30   Link #561
Waxman

Oh thanks. Haven't looked the raw yet.
Anyways i better prepare myself to long waits. Only the introductions will eat the first chapters. This arc has far more new characters than the others right? (Miki, second years, third high, 101 etc.)
Waxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 01:10   Link #562
setsuna86

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Chapter 22 raw has been released. Note that although it may say "End" it actually refers to the first arc. The Nine Schools Competition will begin next month at last!
Can you please give the link?
setsuna86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 07:55   Link #563
Awrya
U mad?

I like how the artist incorporates novel illustrations into the manga, it really gives off the feeling that they're 'connected'.
When Tatsuya was having a monologue about the 10 master clans, we see Saegusa Mayumi, Juumonji Katsuto, Yotsuba Maya and first cameo of Ichijou Masaki. The one in the wheel chair is probably Itsuwa Mio and is the last supposed to be Kudou Retsu?
Old 2013-09-21, 08:15   Link #564
Ultragunner

I expect Kudou to appear in...more traditional clothes

btw, the new chap shows sp much shipping towards Tats x Miyuki
Old 2013-09-22, 20:43   Link #565
hakazee

actually, i expect more than just disassemble rifle.
hakazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-03, 07:07   Link #566
animeisinteresting

Miyuuki has her own manga called "Mahouka Koukou no Yuutousei". I guess this LN is copying the Index business plan.
animeisinteresting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-03, 07:23   Link #567
Breimoon

wonder if in the future we will have Erica and Sirius mangas.Especially Sirius's side may be interesting
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-03, 11:55   Link #568
pampz21
ShipCore

I doubt for Sirius but for Erika we might!!!! I wish!!!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 23:04   Link #569
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Remember this talk about how the manga ended right?

I had a very slight supicion at first, but baffled it over; however now I know for certain. They indeed ended the "mahouka rettosei" manga. Basically, they are going to give this the "bungaku shoujo" treatment and each arc is going to get it's own manga spin off.

The 9 schools festival is going to be handled by the same author of the Rettosei manga, however for the Yokohama war and the flashback arc, new drawers are going to step up to the plate.

That means that now the manga is going to advance at a much faster pace, but it might not keep such a good congruency. The first arc was nicely adapted, but took eons to be done. I'm guessing that new readers are going to feel like they are watching Kara no Kyoukai with this.

Oh, and credits to Mattdamon from jcafe for the image.
Old 2013-10-07, 03:48   Link #570
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

I hope someone will scanlate these series.
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 06:03   Link #571
Awrya
U mad?

Are all three arcs going to run at the same time?
Not sure how that'd work out, the beginning of Yokohama arc (Hirakawa Chiaki) would spoil what's going to happen in the Mirage Bat competition, while the Reminiscence arc spoils the conflict/war between Japan and the Great Asian Alliance. But if the Reminiscence arc doesn't keep switching back to present time, it could probably work.

If they run in succession, I don't really see the point of switching artists, the Rettousei artist Kitaumi Tsuna (or Kitaumitsuna?) does a great job.
Old 2013-10-07, 09:31   Link #572
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post

I had a very slight supicion at first, but baffled it over; however now I know for certain. They indeed ended the "mahouka rettosei" manga. Basically, they are going to give this the "bungaku shoujo" treatment and each arc is going to get it's own manga spin off.

The 9 schools festival is going to be handled by the same author of the Rettosei manga, however for the Yokohama war and the flashback arc, new drawers are going to step up to the plate.

That means that now the manga is going to advance at a much faster pace, but it might not keep such a good congruency. The first arc was nicely adapted, but took eons to be done. I'm guessing that new readers are going to feel like they are watching Kara no Kyoukai with this.

The announcement was actually also in the anime PV. I thought everyone saw it. Right away, I talked to m****holic about it. But since Kage wasn't around when I was on, I'm not sure about their decision yet. Anyway, it doesn't affect me, and I'm not going to go around looking for groups to do this anymore hahaha......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Are all three arcs going to run at the same time?
Not sure how that'd work out, the beginning of Yokohama arc (Hirakawa Chiaki) would spoil what's going to happen in the Mirage Bat competition, while the Reminiscence arc spoils the conflict/war between Japan and the Great Asian Alliance. But if the Reminiscence arc doesn't keep switching back to present time, it could probably work.

If they run in succession, I don't really see the point of switching artists, the Rettousei artist Kitaumi Tsuna (or Kitaumitsuna?) does a great job.
It will be a good idea to run it concurrently since the current manga pace is too slow and the novel is advancing like crazy. And there are many cases where LN manga adaptations get axed after interest wanes, which it will given the lag between source and manga. By that time, there might be other equal or more popular attention-grabbing works, so might as well milk it once and for all. They are switching artists probably because he can't handle the concurrent workload. This manga is insane to even compose (arrange). I think they need a lot of lead time even when the composition is handled by a third person.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-13, 15:24   Link #573
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post

From mangaholic:

Quote:
Originally Posted by On Oct 14, 2013, in Mahouka, by KageHitsu
with this chapters this arc end. Starting this month 3 series for Mahouka start so they can speed the plot up a bit. We will do the other 3 manga that will come out. Every arc will have another manga series…
EDIT: Rettousei is ending with this chapter
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei - Volume 05 Chapter 22: Epilogue
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-13, 15:36   Link #574
Seitsuki
Onee!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

You know they totally went there
Old 2013-10-13, 16:34   Link #575
willx
Nyaaan~~

@Seitsuki: I'm surprised this chapter didn't make you combust..? That last scene where they're walking away hand-in-hand into the sunset made me nearly die!

Old 2013-10-13, 18:52   Link #576
Seitsuki
Onee!

Must be because I already lost all my blood when having to slowly methodically work the scene over in the LNs. I'm already immune to i--!...Medic!!
Old 2013-10-14, 03:16   Link #577
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
Must be because I already lost all my blood when having to slowly methodically work the scene over in the LNs. I'm already immune to i--!...Medic!!
I don't blame your reaction more than once while reading the chapter I felt those siblings act pretty much like lovers. Heck, I'm sure most pairings in manga/LNs these days don't have as much scenes as these siblings do
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-14, 03:56   Link #578
pampz21
ShipCore

Haha...that pic almost told me that this so natural...if they were married

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-14, 04:02   Link #579
Amario

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Haha...that pic almost told me that this so natural...if they were married
Anyone would come down to the same assumption.
Amario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-18, 11:19   Link #580
DarkDooM

Spoiler for AMAU Gin drawing style:

Let's just say... I'm not too fond of it -_-

Tags
irregular, koukou, mahouka, manga, rettousei, school life, shounen, yuutousei