Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-01-09, 11:11   Link #481
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHige View Post
*Poke head in*

I heard that Hyde was going to be in one of the Bakuman episodes a few weeks back. Now my question is:
Spoiler for Manga, no...seriously, manga spoiler:
There was a Koogy billboard in episodd 14. So I don't think he's cut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The new ED is pretty good, but it's sadly missing the best character in the series. Very disappointed they didn't get rid of the OP.
Spoiler for guess:
Old 2011-01-09, 12:00   Link #482
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

And it's in ep 14 that things are moving and getting interesting , finally !!!
I was surprised too about Nizuma's reaction , being "Money & Intelligence" fan :O & want to befriend ^^

But as usual , give us an intro for "Crow" & "Yellow Hit" , they kept talking about them but we still don't know wth are their storyline...
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 12:24   Link #483
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHige View Post
*Poke head in*

I heard that Hyde was going to be in one of the Bakuman episodes a few weeks back. Now my question is:
Spoiler for Manga, no...seriously, manga spoiler:
Spoiler for Hyde:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite_Coke View Post
Spoiler for guess:
Yup. I'm afraid he won't appear at all this season. I had forgotten he was introduced later than the others.
Old 2011-01-09, 17:21   Link #484
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Page 13. Early Report and Real Deal

For the thirteenth episode, Mashiro and Takagi do not waste time.

Hattori-san was confident that they would overtake Eiji in the issue of NEXT!.

They did pretty well landing 3rd place, though Nizuma's manga got the 1st place.

Mashiro's felt both disheartened and embarrassed, and he's convincing himself that doing mainstream will lead Shujin and him to be number one in manga.

However, Mashiro's rushing things a bit recklessly. I do concede with Hattori that being at high school it poses too much workload and stress to keep up the pace of a professional manga-ka.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 17:36   Link #485
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Yup. I'm afraid he won't appear at all this season. I had forgotten he was introduced later than the others.
He definatly won't appear this season,I've always thought the anime would cover events up to chapter 33-34 and going by the characters that aren't in the OP and ED it seems more and more likely to me.
Old 2011-01-09, 18:28   Link #486
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Crow View Post
Spoiler:
Yep same here, looks like we got a twist.
Old 2011-01-09, 22:01   Link #487
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

Quote:
Spoiler for Hyde:

Thanks broski.

The anime is going at such a snail pace -.-

Are they expecting to run this on for like three years?
Old 2011-01-09, 22:55   Link #488
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Absolutely loved the new ED. Really creative and interesting animation that captures the charm of the series perfectly, right up to the last frame.

Spoiler for 14:
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-10, 18:36   Link #489
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Absolutely loved the new ED. Really creative and interesting animation that captures the charm of the series perfectly, right up to the last frame.

Spoiler for 14:
Mashiro and Shujin were the ones always obsessed with surpassing Eiji, hence the rival thing (which Eiji hilariously and unexpectedly turned down), not Hattori, who always only used Eiji to show the two how unprepared they were and to have them learn to be patient instead of blowing it by rushing their dream to hell and back. And all because Mashiro wants to get some ASAP. He's being pretty foolish and inconsiderate to Takagi, but oh well.

Episode 14 was the best one in a long time. Some really good manga related developments, instead of boring romance ones. Eiji was awesome and I'm really glad they didn't go with the obvious plot line of him wanting to cancel the main duo's manga and being a fan instead. He even admitted to not being able to write something like Money and Intelligence. His purity and innocence in that scene was indeed rather heartwarming IMO.

Anyway, for people who've read the manga, how long till Fukuda makes his debut?
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-10, 19:03   Link #490
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
My guess is in a couple episodes (episode 16) if the anime keeps the pace it's been on in the last couple episodes.
Old 2011-01-10, 19:11   Link #491
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Mashiro and Shujin were the ones always obsessed with surpassing Eiji, hence the rival thing (which Eiji hilariously and unexpectedly turned down), not Hattori, who always only used Eiji to show the two how unprepared they were and to have them learn to be patient instead of blowing it by rushing their dream to hell and back. And all because Mashiro wants to get some ASAP. He's being pretty foolish and inconsiderate to Takagi, but oh well.

Episode 14 was the best one in a long time. Some really good manga related developments, instead of boring romance ones. Eiji was awesome and I'm really glad they didn't go with the obvious plot line of him wanting to cancel the main duo's manga and being a fan instead. He even admitted to not being able to write something like Money and Intelligence. His purity and innocence in that scene was indeed rather heartwarming IMO.

He first appearance is chapter 22.

Episode 14 treated chapter 17 and 18, so Fukuda will appear in around 3 episode. (episode 16 or 17)
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-10, 19:23   Link #492
Berlin

I really like this show. Still I wish that Miho Azuki and Moritaka Mashiro would go on at least one date. Does anyone know if they will anytime soon based on what the manga tells? Does the manga tell more about the manga they write?
Berlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-10, 20:51   Link #493
Sprite_Coke

^check message from me.
Old 2011-01-11, 18:23   Link #494
Kallen4life

easily the best episode in the show so far .. Niizuma ftw .. do a barrel roll AHAHAHAHAHHAHA i laughed my ass off

Mashiro is kind of a jerk .. but I hope it works out for them
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-16, 13:02   Link #495
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I feel for Hattori trying to knock some sense into those guys. Trying to force themselves into mainstream is actually just slowing down Mashiro's run to getting serialized. It's not the pair's strength and certainly hard to believe they can be #1 going that route.

Seems like they are getting confused about the goal anyways. Getting wrapped up in their imaginary rivalry with Niizuma and being #1. You don't need to beat Niizuma or have the best manga in the world to get an anime. Sure being near the top helps, but the guys are just digging in. Should be interesting to see how things work out.
Old 2011-01-16, 13:19   Link #496
Kallen4life

what they want to do means direct competition with One Piece, Naruto, Bleach etc., right ? They want a mainstream serialization in the Shonen Jump/Jack itself (not some spin-off), where the Big 3 are published ? GL competing with Oda-sensei or out-trolling Kubo

Or did I get something wrong ?
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-16, 19:54   Link #497
Vicious108

Good god episode 15 was terrible. I'm just about ready to drop this and maybe go read the manga instead, but I'll try and see if I can finish at least this season.

Apparently it was a filler episode, which explains a lot.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-16, 21:49   Link #498
Sprite_Coke

^ Well no, only the stuff from Azuki's pov was filler. And even then, one of those scene was not. Everything else was word by word from the manga. Expect some plot twist and retwist within 2.5 episodes.

@Kallen4life. You are incorrect but also correct. At the moment, the only competition in their eyes is Niizuma Eiji. The three are only being mentioned. Will be forgotten eventually.
Old 2011-01-16, 22:29   Link #499
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I think Masahiro and Eiji reached an unspoken understanding of sorts. They're the driven ones, the ones with an agenda and a timeline, and the others can either join in or get left behind. The most interesting relationship in the story so far for me has been Hattori and the boys, but the one between Eiji and Masahiro is showing great potential. In some ways, the two most important people in Masahiro's motivation may be people he rarely if ever sees.

There's an element of artificiality to what Masahiro and Takagi are trying to do with their mainstream manga. Their reasons for it are all the wrong ones - Hattori certainly knows it, though he's doing his best to be a supportive father figure as much as editor. Eiji knows it - he as much as tells Masahiro that all he's doing (and all Masahiro should do) is follow his instincts and write from the gut. I suspect even Takagi knows it too, though he recognizes that it's Masahiro who's the engine driving their partnership. I think he's a bit afraid to check his friend's ambition, but my fear is that sooner or later they're going to find out that because they were in such a hurry, they're wasting a ton of time.

I like Masahiro - I like his single-minded passion and sense of responsibility to his Uncle, and his respect for the career he's chosen to make his dream. But he's coming off as kind of a jerk at the moment. Well - he's 15, and that's the age when you think you know everything, so I guess he's entitled. You can't forget that for all the large cast and multiple plot lines, this is ultimately Masahiro's story and it's his arc that's going to define the series.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-16, 23:56   Link #500
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I think Masahiro and Eiji reached an unspoken understanding of sorts. They're the driven ones, the ones with an agenda and a timeline, and the others can either join in or get left behind. The most interesting relationship in the story so far for me has been Hattori and the boys, but the one between Eiji and Masahiro is showing great potential. In some ways, the two most important people in Masahiro's motivation may be people he rarely if ever sees.

There's an element of artificiality to what Masahiro and Takagi are trying to do with their mainstream manga. Their reasons for it are all the wrong ones - Hattori certainly knows it, though he's doing his best to be a supportive father figure as much as editor. Eiji knows it - he as much as tells Masahiro that all he's doing (and all Masahiro should do) is follow his instincts and write from the gut. I suspect even Takagi knows it too, though he recognizes that it's Masahiro who's the engine driving their partnership. I think he's a bit afraid to check his friend's ambition, but my fear is that sooner or later they're going to find out that because they were in such a hurry, they're wasting a ton of time.

I like Masahiro - I like his single-minded passion and sense of responsibility to his Uncle, and his respect for the career he's chosen to make his dream. But he's coming off as kind of a jerk at the moment. Well - he's 15, and that's the age when you think you know everything, so I guess he's entitled. You can't forget that for all the large cast and multiple plot lines, this is ultimately Masahiro's story and it's his arc that's going to define the series.
Have to agree in the end they probably are going to realize how much time they have wasted. Writing a mainstream battle manga really doesn't feel like Takagi's thing in terms of writing. Coming up with something deeper when it comes to the plot is more up his alley. It's fine for Mashiro to push for the mainstream since the only change is what he needs to practice at and prepare for. But guess it's going to take time for their heads to cool. Right now cult manga isn't playing to their strengths, it's running away from the harder mainstream type.

Not sure what's going to happen. I can't see them making their big push in the end with the battle manga. Though just spending 6 months trying to make it and then just giving up on it doesn't seem like them either. Guess events will affect them and change their mindsets.

Tough spot for Hattori to support them, but be so confident they are doing the wrong thing. Of course since he wants them to wait on serialization wasting their time on battle manga isn't that bad a thing .

Tags
comedy, comic works, coming of age, shounen