AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

View Poll Results: Angel Beats! - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 93 45.81%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 58 28.57%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 36 17.73%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 5.91%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.49%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.49%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.99%
Voters: 203. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-01, 18:50   Link #121
Velsy

Very nice episode. In many arears I thought.

Tenshi, well I didnt need this episode to tell me shes been all alone. I realized it at the end of the first episodes. Her lonelyness that is. This episode merly re-enforced it for me. Why do you think I was soooo frustrated with Tenshi the last baseball episode ? So frustrated how they portrayed her character, I had people here negative repping me. After this episode I really happy the writers are steering back in the right direction. She made up for lost points too ^_^

I see alot of people are lashing out at Yurippe too. What she was doing is nothing different from what shes doing since shes been with the SSS. As a viewer you can clearly see what she is thinking. She done the operation and discovered real intelligence thats shes a regular student like themselves. I not going to convice people, but I feel imo, these last few operations is a shock to herself. To know her intelligence of Tenshi has been wrong. I bet you Yurippe isnt going to continue to grind Tenshi into the ground anymore.

I somewhat disspointed than Tenshi isnt an angel. Because she looked the par of an arch angel. Both speed, combat tallent and silent stare.

Did anyone notice how shes shorted than most ? Something I picked up. She looks the same size as Yui
Spoiler:

Was also nice to hear Tenshi talk a bit more. Voice really matchers her.

As for Yui taking over Iwasawa, its nice to see the band continueing. But its just wierd how her singing voice and normal voice sound so different. How does a higher pitched voice sing like that O_O.

I enjoyed this episode. Nice touch with the music/traps again.

Donated by Om Nerabdator

Last edited by Velsy; 2010-05-02 at 01:12.
Old 2010-05-01, 18:52   Link #122
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
What? Somehow I'd expect Kanade to be taller. And Yuri seriously got revenge on Hinata for last time.

Poor girl, she might not even be evil, and her spicy tofu was ruined. And no it wasn't meant for a weapon. Unless they serve jam; then all bets are off.

Unfortunately, this episode's antics weren't enough to beat the game; as the new game seems to be a pretty big asshole; and is willing to involve NPCs
i think Maeda-san lost a opportunity here, that meal ticket should have been for Mysterious Bread & Jam combo instead of tofu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post

As for Yui taking over Iwasawa, its nice to see the band continueing. But its just wierd how her singing voice and normal voice sound so different. How does a higher pitched voice sing like that O_O.

Different VA for voice and Singing.
Old 2010-05-01, 18:55   Link #123
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
I somewhat disspointed than Tenshi isnt an angel. Because she looked the par of an arch angel. Both speed, combat tallent and silent stare.

Did anyone notice how shes shorted than most ?

She would've made a great angel.

I also noticed how short she was and I mentioned it somewhere, but I forget where. Some of the other girls like Yui are similarly short though, I think.

The difference between Yui's speaking voice and her singing voice never struck me as being a big deal. It's not entirely uncommon for a singing voice to be strangely different than a speaking voice, after all. It is a little odd though. Edit: Is it for sure two different VAs?

Does anyone know when exactly they talk about the meaning of Otonashi's name because I can't find it?

Last edited by Traece; 2010-05-01 at 19:10. Reason: Voice fail?
Old 2010-05-01, 18:57   Link #124
Velsy

Oh and I forgot to mention

Like everyone... I felt really bad for her being stripped of everything. But great that Otanashi sees it also. Making Otanashi and Tenshi my 2 favourit leading chars. Yurippe close behind ^_^

Anyone wondered if Tenshi has her memories ?

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Old 2010-05-01, 18:58   Link #125
wingman32x

Quote:
Originally Posted by kache View Post
Wait, though.
The new president is driven by emotions, so theoretically it would be easy to make him "slave" of the SSS, by finding something he wouldn't want others to find out or by just torturing him to death until he is so scared of the SSS that he stops creating problems to them.
Kanade, on the other side, was extremely cold, so such a tactic wouldn't work (also because of he superpowers... ).
Hmm, IDK. The thing is the new president is unknown to the SSS though. At least with Tenshi, even with superpowers, they know what they're up against and how to fight/stall her. And, this new president seems to take less shit than tenshi does IMO. I guess I have to see more of this guy.

How do you know he's emotionally driven? I don't mean to doubt you, but we haven't seen much of his character, right?
Old 2010-05-01, 18:58   Link #126
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Oh and I forgot to mention

Like everyone... I felt realy bad for her being stripped of everything. But great that Otanashi sees it also. Making Otanashi and Tenshi my 2 favourit leading chars. Yurippe close behind ^_^

Sad Girl in the afterlife = Moe OVER 9000
Old 2010-05-01, 19:04   Link #127
Velsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Sad Girl in the afterlife = Moe OVER 9000
whenever someone says Moe. I think of The Simpsons. Wierd eh

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Old 2010-05-01, 19:12   Link #128
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
i think Maeda-san lost a opportunity here, that meal ticket should have been for Mysterious Bread & Jam combo instead of tofu.
Nah, that's only for the punishment game. The point of the tofu is that it may look like a bad idea until you try it, possibly like Tenshi herself. The bread and Jam look bad and is actually worse.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2010-05-01, 19:18   Link #129
Traece

Quote:
Nah, that's only for the punishment game. The point of the tofu is that it may look like a bad idea until you try it, possibly like Tenshi herself. The bread and Jam look bad and is actually worse.
Never thought of it that way. There are a lot of metaphors in this anime that I haven't bothered to look for. To be honest, metaphors aren't my cup of tea.

Does anyone get the impression after their conversations in this episode that Kanade might feel a little bad about stabbing him, or maybe have an interest in becoming friends with him? After all, she tries to console him for his "nervousness" over the test. That seems like an awfully sweet thing to do for a complete stranger. Sure it may have been just a student council responsibility, but I still got the impression that she was being really friendly.

Edit: Disagreeing with yourself is annoying...
Old 2010-05-01, 19:31   Link #130
Velsy

Yeah, stabbing someone in the heart when you first meet, isnt the best way of making friends.

That has been playing in the back of my mind sorta. But it seems Otanashi isnt too worried about that anymore. He did notice she tryed helping him calm down. I could tell he was a little confused.

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Old 2010-05-01, 20:00   Link #131
Dralha

I'm rooting for Tenshi now.
Old 2010-05-01, 20:10   Link #132
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Yeah, stabbing someone in the heart when you first meet, isnt the best way of making friends.
well in Kanade's defense, Otonashi did ask for it

how else are you going to convince someone they are dead except by killing them?
Old 2010-05-01, 20:13   Link #133
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

The other way around is as effective.
Old 2010-05-01, 20:18   Link #134
Traece

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
The other way around is as effective.
^_^ To be honest, I think she could have sat there all night and tried to reason with him that he was dead, but it's not like you'd just believe that right? I think the irate Otonashi probably would have never believed it until he experienced it for himself. Plus it was a great scene.
Old 2010-05-01, 20:20   Link #135
Jerseykid

I am having a difficult time believing any premise the show has put forth at this point.
Old 2010-05-01, 20:26   Link #136
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseykid View Post
I am having a difficult time believing any premise the show has put forth at this point.
Dude it's anime and if have watched as much as I have you'll start to realize that not all of it is suppose to make a whole lot of sense. Sometimes you've just got to roll with it and see where it takes you.
Old 2010-05-01, 20:31   Link #137
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
A pretty big episode. Tough position for Yuri since she has to figure out where they go from there. Seems that the situation with Tenshi has been in part escalation. Though since Tenshi seems to be a normal student like the rest of them it kind of makes one uncertain of the future. Plus the new student council president seems to like taking a different approach. Instead of just reacting when the SSS acts this guy is going after them while eating. Clearly he doesn't appreciate the wasted food that will mean .

Feel bad for Tenshi. Now she's really stuck alone for the time being. Suppose like Yuri she's also left with questions about where she goes from there.
Old 2010-05-01, 21:18   Link #138
klare

the eps is very funny, especially with what Yuri had planned for her own members

it is clear Yui will make it to the band, predictable

but seeing the way that poor angel losing that food coupon is really saddening, oh now we know her name

i wonder will she end up working together with the SSS...
Old 2010-05-01, 21:41   Link #139
Eater of All
NOM

Quote:
The point of the tofu is that it may look like a bad idea until you try it, possibly like Tenshi herself.
I'd like to try some Tenshi then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
^_^ To be honest, I think she could have sat there all night and tried to reason with him that he was dead, but it's not like you'd just believe that right? I think the irate Otonashi probably would have never believed it until he experienced it for himself. Plus it was a great scene.
Not to mention that for Tenshi, as Yuri remarked, killing someone to prove that he's dead is no different than answering where the Faculty Lounge is. She's just as desensitized to death as the SSS guys were during ep02, perhaps even more so.
Old 2010-05-01, 21:54   Link #140
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Aaaw, I feel bad for Kanade. Maybe Otonashi will become her first real friend. On another note, seeing Hinata get launched off is hilarious. Yurippe is such a bully
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Closed Thread