AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Steins;Gate

Notices

Old 2011-04-13, 14:40   Link #441
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
Hanazawa Kana is my new favorite Seiyuu. I loved nyan nyan girl's voice, she has Komugi-chan's voice
Old 2011-04-13, 14:45   Link #442
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Loled at some of the tags on this thread...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-13, 15:10   Link #443
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic

Gotta admit, I have the OP to this on repeat - I love it that much!

There is only one question that I have in terms of the anime (I have not watched the first episodes or played the Visual Novel).

Will Steins;Gate fuck with my head as much as Chaos;Head did?

(Just as a note, I never played the VN for Chaos;Head, so I kinda enjoyed that anime - despite the fact that the last few episodes stopped with the royal mindfucking and thus wrecked everything it had built up so well).

If so, I'll wait until after my exams are over at the end of May before picking this up (Chaos;Head's delusions and such left me emotionally drained - period.)
viperdk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-13, 15:34   Link #444
Wakan Tanka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
And where do you draw that conclusion ? Did they even have the bananas five days ago, I'm pretty sure they didn't ? I'd say more like 120 seconds or minutes.
Watch episode 1 and you'll get it...besides, a green banns doesn't ripen in 120 seconds/minutes.

As u can see the banana went to its previous state, which is an unripened green banana.
Old 2011-04-13, 16:34   Link #445
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroryoko1974 View Post
Hanazawa Kana is my new favorite Seiyuu. I loved nyan nyan girl's voice, she has Komugi-chan's voice
Oh yes
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-13, 16:41   Link #446
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakan Tanka View Post
As u can see the banana went to its previous state, which is an unripened green banana.
Those bananas can't be unripened. Regardless of the color, unripened bananas are not gel-like (actually harder unripened) and don't have bumps on them
Old 2011-04-13, 17:18   Link #447
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Did anyone else catch the Chaos;Head reference? Lightning speed Knight-Hart.
Old 2011-04-13, 20:24   Link #448
winkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroryoko1974 View Post
Umm... but Feris Nyan Nyan is Momoi (seiyuu for Komugi-chan), not Hanazawa.
winkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-13, 20:36   Link #449
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Color me surprised that they literally used brake full force: the pace of this episode is drastically much more laid back, not like I will complain about that.

Anyway, the composition of this episode was definitely solid, and they really brought the best with Rintarou
Glad to see they kept a lot of jab between him and Daru, because they always cracked me up.
Bringing the "dere" side of Kurisu was definitely fast, but welcomed. That and her merciless picking on Rintarou
Playing Blazblue recently wasn't a good idea: I couldn't help but keep having Tsubaki in my mind when Imai was voicing Kurisu in this episode...

*Haa*, if only C;H had the same treatment...
Old 2011-04-13, 20:40   Link #450
KeithKurogane
Recorder of World Lines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
*Haa*, if only C;H had the same treatment...
They can do a remake of Chaos;Head...
Spoiler:
Old 2011-04-13, 20:52   Link #451
MaiNoKen
◕ ‿‿ ◕
*Scanlator

I watched episode 2 unsubbed a few hours ago, and I am quite pleased what I see.

As for the tags below... That banana tag is somewhat a spoiler... I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperdk1
Will Steins;Gate fuck with my head as much as Chaos;Head did?
The best way to characterize Steins;Gate mind screwing is that nearly unexplained details are there for a reason. The story is about a mystery with revelations and conspiracies. There will be some depressing moments. I will say it is somewhat less violent (as in being bloody) than Chaos;Head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari
Bringing the "dere" side of Kurisu was definitely fast, but welcomed.
Well I am sure if a male poke a girl's face out of nowhere, the girl is going to have quite a bit of reaction .
Trust me, but Kurisu will get even better.

Last edited by MaiNoKen; 2011-04-14 at 09:32. Reason: Engrish errors
MaiNoKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-13, 21:22   Link #452
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I very much like how this show is serious sci-fi, but also manages to keep sci-fi a bit mysterious.

In many ways, it's an anime throwback to the classic Twilight Zone shows, and I very much like that.

You never quite know (or I don't, anyway, as an anime-only watcher) what's going to happen next. You have a sense that it will somehow tie back into real world science, but that the story is creative and imaginative enough that it might stretch real world science to very bizarre and enthralling places. Those green Gel Bananas, for example, are kind of weird.

While the sci-fi aspect of this show progresses at a slow pace, probably befitting its mysterious angle, I like how the characters are given a chance to really shine and be fleshed out for the audience. Episode 2 had a lot of character introductions, and I think that they all came off pretty well.

Oh, and that trap is downright unbelievable.
Old 2011-04-14, 02:18   Link #453
Wakan Tanka

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Those bananas can't be unripened. Regardless of the color, unripened bananas are not gel-like (actually harder unripened) and don't have bumps on them
Then shouldn't it become yellowish jelly..and not green jelly?
Old 2011-04-14, 02:29   Link #454
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiNoKen View Post
The best way to characterize Steins;Gate mind screwing is that nearly unexplained details are there for a reason. The story is about a mystery with revelations and conspiracies. There will be some depressing moments. I will say it is less somewhat violent (as in being bloody) than Chaos;Head.
I see. Thanks for the response. Think I will pick this up - just not sure when as of yet
Old 2011-04-14, 02:50   Link #455
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

You know the world is screwed up when a show about anomorphic children playing war as a sport's festival is more popular on animesuki than this, so far, excellent sci-fi anime.

I wonder what the fastest rate of ripening of fruit you could accomplish. I assume there's a point where gassing it with more and more ethylene no longer affects the ripening rate. Someone must have figured this out already!
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 03:06   Link #456
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Loled at some of the tags on this thread...
Lol, thanks. I added "kuudere is the new moe" and "time-traveling bananas". Glad someone looked.
ninryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 06:21   Link #457
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic

Just watched the first two episodes now. The 'sensible' exposition from Rintarō Okabe (or should that be Kyōma Hōōin...) makes it far less confusing than Chaos;Head ever was (ya know, seeing as how Takumi Nishijō was madder than a ferret sausage and made bugger all sense when in one of his delusions) - but that doesn't stop it being intriguing all the same.

Oh the advantages of Steins;Gate being a 2-cour anime...

The 'delusions' that Okabe seems to have about this 'agency' malarkey are confusing, but very entertaining all the same. Mayuri Shiina reminds me all too much of Merry Nightmare (Yumekui Merry) with her normal clothing, and Hashida Itaru seems to be the only sane character within the 'Research Group'.

Reading all this stuff about Ruka Urushibara being a boy on here took away from the surprise a little (my own fault, I guess), but wow - that isn't possible. Way too feminine to be a dude, seriously.

Moeka Kiryū - weird. Period. Then again, from experience, people can talk online (or via text) in a VERY different way from the way they speak to people normally - so maybe that's not really much of a surprise.

Then we have Feiris Nyannyan and Suzuha Amane. Feiris seems to be caught up in Okabe's agency talk - hell, I'm surprised nobody started staring and wondering WTF, guys? Anyway, Suzuha...not enough screen-time to get a good picture of what she's like, but I'm sure that will change over time. Seems insane at first

And finally, Kurisu Makise wins - period. Super-smart and utterly smoking hot (fanboy )

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikoo View Post
Freebies:

Based on what I've said above, there are so MANY I can choose from - but I think I'll claim...

Sorry for the massive post, guys

Last edited by viperdk1; 2011-04-16 at 16:55.
Old 2011-04-14, 07:12   Link #458
pampz21
ShipCore

I was really reluctant of watching this anime but.....

but I really like mind-blowing mystery!!!!!!

so I watch it and now Im craving for more....BTW just finish the VN summary

EDIT: I really like delusional characters....I find them interesting and their theory! cuz Im more likely the same hahaha :P

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 07:48   Link #459
KeithKurogane
Recorder of World Lines

I loled at the Duturu~ tag...
Now think of this...
In place of the banana, place a live human there...
A jelly man perhaps?
Old 2011-04-14, 09:31   Link #460
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
A jelly man perhaps?
Oh you don't wanna know.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, science fiction, seinen, time travel, trap, visual novel adaptation