AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass R2 Series Rating
Perfect 10 365 44.95%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 199 24.51%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 92 11.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 76 9.36%
6 out of 10 : Average 31 3.82%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 20 2.46%
4 out of 10 : Poor 9 1.11%
3 out of 10 : Bad 4 0.49%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 0.25%
1 out of 10 : Painful 14 1.72%
Voters: 812. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-10-18, 17:50   Link #141
Captain Falcon
Show me Ya Moves!!

Does Captain Falcon feel that Lelouch's voice seems forced and a bit unnatural?
Captain Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 17:55   Link #142
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
when does it sound like that
Old 2008-10-18, 20:23   Link #143
Captain Falcon
Show me Ya Moves!!

When he speaks as Zero.
Not the distortion.
Captain Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 07:02   Link #144
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discerptor View Post
Euphy's death was in S1, and Shirley's death actually made me laugh. Therefore, it's more like one well done death in all of R2, and that belonged to the token yaoi-bait character whose existence turned out to be inconsequential anyway. It's quite a shame that the number could have been higher if Nunnally and the other characters that were in Tokyo settlement at the time of the Second Decisive Battle hadn't been Sunrisen from the dead. It made FLEIJA completely lose all value as a threatening tool too, since statistically it only killed 25% of the people it supposedly hit, and that was with its intro episode boost to awesome.
I laughed when Shirley died too. A laugh deriding both her and myself. A character whom I had loved and believed in with all my heart; this end she recieved, was all she amounted to? For me, at the time, it was the end of Code Geass.

I waited for Lelouch to betray her. To replace her with another truth, to forget the tragedies he'd caused. To move on and be happy. Then I could go back to that scene again, and watch it over, and over, and over.

But, Lelouch didn't. He died. Just as I, he had the will to destroy the world, and even himself. As he did so, I came to understand all he'd done after Shirley's death. I came to accept. Now that world is merely a memory.

It is strange, but I don't want to watch Code Geass. The final episode brought me closure. The journey is over. The rest of R2 now feels so shallow. Not even compelling as part of a narrative.

I'd recommend Code Geass be watched once. But that's all it should recieve. Lelouch was a stumbling idiot, who didn't truly understand what he wanted. He kept blinding himself with betrayal and vengeance, so that every death he caused was a tragedy. It was not until Turn 21 that Lelouch truly saw the world for what it was: then, and only then, did his actions take up any meaning.

Everything prior to that was pointless. Lelouch revealed himself in Turn 17: "Unfortunately, I have given up trusting people." From the time he murdered Clovis, and from the time of his mother's murder, this impulse had been what was driving him. This impulse had been what compelled him. It was a lesson he shouldn't have had to learn. Code Geass is a coming of age story told at great cost. Like a child, he believed he was dead. Like a child, he denied his existance. So he made others die, and he denied others' existance, until he could know better.

I'll disagree with most of you. Turns 21-25 were the best of the season. The best paced, and the best written. As Lelouch's story, the other material did it's job in developing him. The story itself, however, is an unusually cruel one. It is not something I would avert my eyes from. Yet it is something which, having known it, I would not celebrate.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 08:51   Link #145
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Yup. Shirley's death was too unfair for me. I'm not sure if I could blame Rolo and his obsessive brother complex because he never understood having friends or siblings until he met Lelouch and his friends. Nevertheless, what he did made me hate him.

However, when Lelouch massacred the geass order, that too was unfair, if not much more than what Rolo did. Those were unarmed men, women and children; some of them were in the same families. And to think that he killed Clovis for doing the same at Shinjuku Ghetto, Lelouch became such a hypocrite.

I even thought that V.V.'s death was in vain. That he was the good guy there. He fought because he was protecting not only the data obtained by the order so far, but also the people who lived there. It was in vain because everyone in the order died.

I'll disagree that Code Geass (both seasons) is worth watching only once. I found it to be more enjoyable the second time around. Because by the second time, you already know the characters better. When you know the characters you're watching better, you tend to relate to them better.

As for the ending, the most satisfying part was when Nunnally and Kallen realized Lelouch's intentions all along. It felt great. However, it didn't bring closure. I wanted to at least see Lelouch inside a coffin. But that didn't appear. So until now, I'm still not discounting the possibility that he is alive. Even if I wanted him to rest in peace.
Droplet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 13:05   Link #146
Tetsu Aero

I quite enjoyed the show, but it had it's main faults in the pacing, which was too fast. The whole second season could be spread out on one more season, and it should have been spectacular. Thus we could have gotten to know a bit more characters, and even introduced the last 4 Knight of Rounds and ah poor Dorothea -_-

Anyhow, that was mainly the bad parts, everything else i luved

Animation and Sound have always been superior in Code Geass ^^
Tetsu Aero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 13:10   Link #147
DrBobr

To tell the truth, I couldn’t understand the meaning of Lelouch deeds from turn 21 up to the eng. And only in the end all had come to its plays. It was the best part of all show and the best ending I ever saw (Will you excuse me NGE – my love? ^_^ ). It was bright, sharp and hard ending at the same time. I would be blasphemy to tell what this serial is teaching us something…. It is so big and deep that almost everyone can find things, which means something special to them. The only thing I can regret for, is that Code G, just as everithing in our life has its end (even if it is so beautiful). Goode buy Lelouch, we had a great time together! 10/10
P.S. Excuse me for my bad English.
DrBobr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 13:52   Link #148
ZingFreelancer
A horrible person

This was nice series to watch, but the last episode left me in pain and feeling that I wish to trow up.

In the end, the person who was steering the waggon on top of which C.C. was, he was not that big, right?
ZingFreelancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 01:22   Link #149
HamoriKayumi~
a little sparkles

Animation Quality: 10
It was clear, but only when it is not in HQ.
I prefer it in HQ.

Voice Actors: 10
I love Lulu's, suzaku's and nunnally's voice. They sounded very nice.

Script: 10
I love the script. Even if someone(i'm new here so i don't remember who this person is) said that the China Arc is useless, but i don't think so.
I think every character and everything is there for some reason. It doesn't mean that you find it useless and meaningless and blablabla.....(sorry if i offended anyone here)

Editing: 10
Because mostly i think that it was awesome. However, there were a few parts where i think i was a little bragging. Room for improvement.

I gave it a perfect 10 as it was really good.
It has been the best anime i've watched.
HamoriKayumi~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 18:13   Link #150
rose-wisteria
~Cuteness is NOT a Crime~

Send a message via AIM to rose-wisteria Send a message via MSN to rose-wisteria Send a message via Yahoo to rose-wisteria
Despite the rush at the end and the potential waste in the Charles/Marianne arc, I gave this a 9/10 because as much as a lot of us like to complain about how little character development aside from Lelouch and the main 5 or so, I thought the characters deserved a 10/10. Why? Because I am one of those people who have a hard time remembering minor characters' names in almost every anime. But for Code Geass, I remember every single characters' name just by the sight of their character designs. That is something I like every anime to do- memorable characters and Code Geass did it.
rose-wisteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 21:09   Link #151
Solidus1321

Send a message via Yahoo to Solidus1321
It was good all the way to the very end...well atleast till the black knights turned on lelouch and he took over by himself, I personaly would have loved it to be lelouch took over as zero and with the black knights. Would have made a better ending imo. This ending makes me want to see more sense it just left me feeling lost and depressed. But anyways it didn't kill it for me, one of the big changes I would have liked would to have shirley not in the plot at all, think she sould have been showen the other in the school and thats about it. So I wouldn't have to go through that random death like that, she was one of my favriots and sucked her going out like that...But i guess you needed it for lelouch to get pissed off and go after V.V.
Solidus1321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 00:17   Link #152
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidus1321 View Post
It was good all the way to the very end...well atleast till the black knights turned on lelouch and he took over by himself, I personaly would have loved it to be lelouch took over as zero and with the black knights. Would have made a better ending imo. This ending makes me want to see more sense it just left me feeling lost and depressed. But anyways it didn't kill it for me, one of the big changes I would have liked would to have shirley not in the plot at all, think she sould have been showen the other in the school and thats about it. So I wouldn't have to go through that random death like that, she was one of my favriots and sucked her going out like that...But i guess you needed it for lelouch to get pissed off and go after V.V.
The ending was excellent

Lelouch having commited heinous crimes using geass, using innocent people, killing good people like Dalton, decides that the only way to atone for those crimes is to sacrifice his tommorow for the sake of everyone's elses, to make up for all those people he killed, and all those lives he ruined.

If Lelouch lived than he would be no better than his Father, a man who wants other people to sacrifice for his dreams but refuses to sacrifice himself.

Reading Oukochi's interview really gets a great view on Lelouch.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 00:33   Link #153
Shadowcatch
Romantic Sucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
The ending was excellent

Lelouch having commited heinous crimes using geass, using innocent people, killing good people like Dalton, decides that the only way to atone for those crimes is to sacrifice his tommorow for the sake of everyone's elses, to make up for all those people he killed, and all those lives he ruined.

If Lelouch lived than he would be no better than his Father, a man who wants other people to sacrifice for his dreams but refuses to sacrifice himself.

It was a very sad and touchign ending, but I disagree that it had to end that way. I mean........ What about Lelouch's love life!? he can't be in a relationship if he's dead! LOVE CONQUERS ALL!
Shadowcatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 00:38   Link #154
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowcatch View Post
It was a very sad and touchign ending, but I disagree that it had to end that way. I mean........ What about Lelouch's love life!? he can't be in a relationship if he's dead! LOVE CONQUERS ALL!
he has Shirley in the grave to be with lol.
Kallen can come too once she dies.
CC gets left out since she still is immortal lol.
Witacume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 00:44   Link #155
Shadowcatch
Romantic Sucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witacume View Post
he has Shirley in the grave to be with lol.
Kallen can come too once she dies.
CC gets left out since she still is immortal lol.
NUUUUUUUUUUUU! But C.C. xx Lelouch is ma favorite pairing. What if the ending had instead consisted of Lelouch accidentally destroying everyone in the world except him and C.C. with FLEAJI (However you spell it)? I would so give a 10/10 for that shit.
Shadowcatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 00:57   Link #156
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Even with her newfound outlook on life and the future, I doubt C.C. plans on staying immortal forever. Eventually, she'll want to rest, and will give the power of kings to a new person, and eventually pass her Code on to him or her. This time, though, she probably could die with a smile on her face.
Old 2008-10-21, 01:37   Link #157
Solidus1321

Send a message via Yahoo to Solidus1321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
The ending was excellent

Well everyone has diffrent views on the ending, like for me I would have liked it if lelouch was still alive, or like the idea is he has the code and is immortal.

I just would have liked it better if he wasn't enemys with everyone he worked with and his sister of all people. He still could have died to make up for it, just think it would have been better for me if he took over with the help of the black knights. Maybe he would have died in battle or something like that but still manage to take over..Now i would have gone a lot better with that kind of ending
Solidus1321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 02:14   Link #158
Charred Knight

Quote:
Well everyone has diffrent views on the ending, like for me I would have liked it if lelouch was still alive, or like the idea is he has the code and is immortal.

I just would have liked it better if he wasn't enemys with everyone he worked with and his sister of all people. He still could have died to make up for it, just think it would have been better for me if he took over with the help of the black knights. Maybe he would have died in battle or something like that but still manage to take over..Now i would have gone a lot better with that kind of ending
But that's not the kind of series they where going for.

The Chess references wouldn't fit that kind of story, the pawns (Black Knights) are expendable, Lelouch could only die when the plan was over.

Simply put Lelouch isn't Roy Mustang who uses chess references but also makes it clear that none of the pieces are expendable, he won't use a move that puts a piece in great danger unless he has too, and he usually puts himself in danger in those sequences as well.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 08:48   Link #159
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Quote:

Happy endings are always lovely and are always welcome to me them when they come. But for Code Geass, the tragic ending really fits its theme whereas a happy ending wouldn't have made as well of an impact, at least for me. ^^
Droplet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 10:36   Link #160
Icehawk

My own personal take on the ending is that Lelouch's penance for his crimes was not his death, he knew that would be too easy of a way out, but he still put on a show of it via the "Zero Requiem" because he knew that would work well enough in the eyes of the masses. In actuallity though he survived by taking over CC's role as an Immortal before the events of the Zero Requiem and so he is now forced to endure eternity like CC did. CC's wish to be able to die is now fulfilled but she will likely stay by Lelouch's side in peace for the rest of her days along with Orange and Anya.
Icehawk is offline   Reply With Quote