AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kannagi

Notices

View Poll Results: Kannagi - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 18 33.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 24.07%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 31.48%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 9.26%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.85%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-01, 02:07   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Kannagi - Episode 5 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Kannagi, Episode 05.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers will result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

P.S. Do not vote in the poll without actually watching the episode. Since the poll is public, all of us can see who those premature voters are.
Old 2008-11-01, 02:24   Link #2
tzia_n
Lurker

Send a message via Yahoo to tzia_n
FIRST! - i never really understood what's special with that

seriously though, i hope kannagi doesn't become a generic harem. while i like harems, i like harems with a purpose. not some random "you've just been given a harem! and for no reason at all". that's why i couldn't get myself into some of those harem titles (RV or Love Hina)
Old 2008-11-01, 03:39   Link #3
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzia_n View Post

seriously though, i hope kannagi doesn't become a generic harem. while i like harems, i like harems with a purpose. not some random "you've just been given a harem! and for no reason at all". that's why i couldn't get myself into some of those harem titles (RV or Love Hina)
Then don't take the first spot D:

I don't see Kannagi as a harem at all. Maybe because there are only two girls actually interest in him, and it does not include the main female character ....yet.
Old 2008-11-01, 03:44   Link #4
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

I'm curious on if the anime will start going anime-original in this episode...
Zange said she was going to live in Jin's house, after all. Which didn't happen in the manga...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-11-01, 03:49   Link #5
ayu
DUN.DDUN.DDDUN.

Perhaps she'll simply be rejected, Nagi doesn't like her, Tsugumi probably doesn't want any other girls near Jin anyway.
Old 2008-11-01, 03:53   Link #6
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Spoiler for Spoiler for Ep 5-maybe:
Old 2008-11-01, 03:56   Link #7
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Spoiler for Spoiler for Ep 5-maybe:
Mah, yes, if the anime does follow the next manga events, the above would be a spoiler.

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-11-01, 09:19   Link #8
Falkor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzia_n View Post

do harems even have a purpose?...

oh... wait... I see what you mean by that, but seriously, I doubt that Kannagi is going to become "generic," more or so, a "generic harem"...
Old 2008-11-01, 09:42   Link #9
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

As usual before watching i always go to the ED part to see what image that will be used for the ED part.

Spoiler for Ending image for today's episode:

Ok back to watch.
Old 2008-11-01, 09:56   Link #10
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Relieved, but episode was quite loyal to the manga... with some additional stuff like Yamatube and the manga-ka added in, for good effect.

Otou-san (father)'s voice fit...
Poor guy... Damn Zange...

More thoughts later...
First, complete this game in my hands... *mumble*

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
As usual before watching i always go to the ED part to see what image that will be used for the ED part.

Spoiler for Ending image for today's episode:

Ok back to watch.
Ah~, Hidamari Sketch's person...

Old 2008-11-01, 10:10   Link #11
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Well yeah today's chapter follows exactly like the manga,with a lil bit addition of things,but overall its still follow the whole storyline from chapter 8-10 of the manga.So far this is the only series i could remember that completely following the original storyline,without altering any part of it (well maybe they did alter but so far i never notice any one of it..maybe just a minor part).

Anyway if the whole thing really follows the manga,then i guess next episode will be a real bomb (chapter 10+ and 11~~ of the manga).Can't wait for it

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Relieved, but episode was quite loyal to the manga... with some additional stuff like Yamatube and the manga-ka added in, for good effect.
I lol-ed so hard on the yamatube...too bad its not linked on the official fan site

But yeah i did sent a comment on the BBS there for fun
Old 2008-11-01, 10:48   Link #12
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Otou-saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannn!
Otou-saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannn!
orz

Spoiler for bit more thoughts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
So far this is the only series i could remember that completely following the original storyline,without altering any part of it (well maybe they did alter but so far i never notice any one of it..maybe just a minor part).
As far as current season goes, Toaru Majutsu no Index is also following the novel storyline... so far.

Old 2008-11-01, 13:34   Link #13
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Another highly enjoyable episode. They ran through the harem bit in short order. Used an unexpected variation on the cooking competition to do it. Nothing dragged out, just held for the right amount of time. Nagi goes from nobody to idol so quickly, and obstacles are just sketched quickly, then swept aside. Nice.

I actually liked Zange better in this episode, perhaps because her power was not absolute. That shift was neatly done. It was great to see Nagi get a power-up from the students' adulation so quickly.

Two small screenies with rough translation (click to enlarge):

"From: Yamakan. Thanks to Nagi-sama I have reached the level to be a director. Please help me complete the remaining episodes of Nagi-sama without being replaced." [This is all a reference to his having been fired as director of Lucky Star after four episodes. The statement from KyoAni when they fired him contained the words "has not reached the level to be a director."]

"Takenashi Eri: ♀ Height: OOO. Three sizes: ??? Likes: Eggplant. Interests: raising morning glories." [She is the mangaka, and the purple figure is her personal symbol.]

I think I hear what serenade_beta is referring to as Hanazawa Kana's slight "wooden reading" (or however it's best to translate 棒読み), but I don't want to describe it that way. I think that her voice is not as extremely mobile as Tomatsu's, so the contrast makes it stand out, but it did have good inflection anyway, just not as extreme as Tomatsu's. But it's true that this is a very different voice for Hanazawa. It's a stretch for her to match the wide swings of Tomatsu, and she is probably still feeling her way with it.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissičre (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-11-01 at 13:52.
Old 2008-11-01, 20:16   Link #14
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
The scene where Hakua and Zange argue against each other is pretty creepy. Multiple personality in action.

Nagi keep eating up those sushi while whole commotion is pretty funny. BTW, is it normal for people to pour milk into miso soup?

And I never knew the stick can emit light like Batman floodlight.

Last edited by stormy001_M1A2; 2008-11-01 at 20:29.
Old 2008-11-02, 05:32   Link #15
anselfir
Style Über Alles

already spoiled to the direction of this episode, but still expecting it.
Old 2008-11-02, 08:48   Link #16
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
And I never knew the stick can emit light like Batman floodlight.
I'm not sure, but isn't it actually one of Nagi's power? Nevertheless the scene where she uses it against Principal, that probably my favourite bit in this episode.
Old 2008-11-02, 18:03   Link #17
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
....Nagi keep eating up those sushi while whole commotion is pretty funny. BTW, is it normal for people to pour milk into miso soup?...And I never knew the stick can emit light like Batman floodlight.
1. I think milk in miso soup is like salt in coffee. Never done, and a big joke if it happens.

2. I think the stick just focuses Nagi's own power, and has no power of its own. So when she gets power from the support of the students, it comes out through the stick in whatever way. But she needs the stick -- or something better -- to help her express her power.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissičre (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2008-11-02, 18:15   Link #18
Lugia_yao
Framehaze

Send a message via MSN to Lugia_yao
Agrees#17
but the stick not only for express the power but also keep her from touch the bugs directly
Old 2008-11-02, 19:35   Link #19
Falkor

+ miso soup and milk... I should give it a try one of these days, or probably not...
+ reflection is one of the properties of light!
+ bondage again, I mean… hmmm :/
+ Yamatube... censorhips… random interviews… lol…

oh, that little background music from the trailer, it’s so great to listen to… one more reason to look forward the OST.

@ Kaoru Choujo

Thanks for the translations…

Yamakan is so bold/daring to include such a “random,” yet slightly sarcastic comment in the anime. I wonder if he still holds some kind of resentment/frustration for the whole situation in Lucky Star, which resulted in his exit through the backdoor. He didn’t really deserve such kind of treatment, if you consider all his great contributions--especially in SHnY, to make the said show popular.
Old 2008-11-03, 01:04   Link #20
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Utau
Spoiler for ep.5:

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Two small screenies with rough translation (click to enlarge):

"From: Yamakan. Thanks to Nagi-sama I have reached the level to be a director. Please help me complete the remaining episodes of Nagi-sama without being replaced." [This is all a reference to his having been fired as director of Lucky Star after four episodes. The statement from KyoAni when they fired him contained the words "has not reached the level to be a director."]

"Takenashi Eri: ♀ Height: OOO. Three sizes: ??? Likes: Eggplant. Interests: raising morning glories." [She is the mangaka, and the purple figure is her personal symbol.]
lol, thatnks for this. I was wondering where this frames came from it wasn't in the manga IIRC. I pity Yamakan for saying that out loud.

at least, Yama tube got named after him

Last edited by Utau; 2008-11-03 at 01:14.
Closed Thread