AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-10, 01:12   Link #861
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
She has blind spots, Mikoto's "radar" works only with electrical signals like Mugino's beam attack and Imouto's electrical waves, in other hand her "ahoge detector" is just played for jokes.
!?? she has?!!
which chapter is it? it sound funny

and ..no, till now IB only work on his right hand, his other body part still can be detected by Mikoto Electro radar. Beside Touma can't see Mikoto electromanetic waves to absorb/nullified it with his right hand.

IMO Mikoto electo radar based on real world Hammer Head Shark. In the sea...Hammer Head Shark detected it's prey and surrounding by their ability to sense the electromagnetic waves. Even their migrating route followed earth magnet lines.
Old 2010-05-10, 03:01   Link #862
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by surerman View Post
and ..no, till now IB only work on his right hand, his other body part still can be detected by Mikoto Electro radar. Beside Touma can't see Mikoto electromanetic waves to absorb/nullified it with his right hand.
He doesn't have to, as long as his hand touches that wave, it would be negated completely before it can detect the rest of his body.
Old 2010-05-10, 04:48   Link #863
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
He doesn't have to, as long as his hand touches that wave, it would be negated completely before it can detect the rest of his body.
look like you didn't understand what Mikoto say about "the whole body of hers emitting electromagnetic wave" it's mean 360 angle and non-stop, so offcourse Mikoto will feel the "gap"/ hole (Touma position) when he close in.
Old 2010-05-10, 07:16   Link #864
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

also, it does not matter if touma's hand negates, which is actually even more effective for misaka, because any changes to the feedback she recieves would mean that something is there. it's the same thing with radar, where abnormalities in the returning wave means that something is there. a big hole in the feedback would practically be screaming BOGEY OVER THERE.
Old 2010-05-10, 11:28   Link #865
Shadow5YA

Except that Touma's power isn't the equivalent of a hole on the radar screen, but rather completely scrambling the radar. Misaka would know that Touma is nearby, but she wouldn't know where he is until she sees him (which happens fairly often).
Old 2010-05-10, 13:44   Link #866
Miraluka
Banned

Well my point is that Mikoto althought she can detect her surroundings she still has blindspots(she needs to be faster than what is aproaching her), not like Accelerator who doesn't cares his surroundings because never is going to affect him.
Old 2010-05-10, 17:42   Link #867
Pyromania

She doesn't have auto-reflect, but in theory it shouldn't be hard for her to set herself to stop a projectile via magnetism. In fact, I think she can incinerate something that is coming at her via the heat from an electrical discharge... as (I think) she did with the ceramic explosive Frenda tried to use on her.

Basically, Mikoto is way, way more hax than she lets on. In theory she should be able to insta-kill even Accelerator from a distance by completely changing the oxygen to ozone in the area around him (if the 10032 could do this to a fair degree of effectiveness, and Misaka is over 1000 times stronger than her...) I doubt she would consider something so horribly fatal though. For all her boasts and pride, Mikoto is fundamentally different from the rest of the crazy espers who actually do kill people with their powers. She's inventive, but she doesn't have a murderer's mind (like, say, Accelerator or Mugino). Her naivete and lack of battle-to-the-death experience in a setting where she can't afford to be merciful is her biggest weakness.
Old 2010-05-10, 18:06   Link #868
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

In a later volume, mikoto use magnetism to pull objects to use them as shields against firearms. Aside from that, i suppose she could try frying them, but i doubt she's fast enough. A question though, what's stopping accelerator from blowing away all that ozone or just jumping out of the way the moment he notice something is wrong?
Old 2010-05-10, 18:22   Link #869
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyromania View Post
She doesn't have auto-reflect, but in theory it shouldn't be hard for her to set herself to stop a projectile via magnetism. In fact, I think she can incinerate something that is coming at her via the heat from an electrical discharge... as (I think) she did with the ceramic explosive Frenda tried to use on her.

Basically, Mikoto is way, way more hax than she lets on. In theory she should be able to insta-kill even Accelerator from a distance by completely changing the oxygen to ozone in the area around him (if the 10032 could do this to a fair degree of effectiveness, and Misaka is over 1000 times stronger than her...) I doubt she would consider something so horribly fatal though. For all her boasts and pride, Mikoto is fundamentally different from the rest of the crazy espers who actually do kill people with their powers. She's inventive, but she doesn't have a murderer's mind (like, say, Accelerator or Mugino). Her naivete and lack of battle-to-the-death experience in a setting where she can't afford to be merciful is her biggest weakness.
I don't know what has to do for you if the esper is crazy or not.
Just take it easy, she just can't do that. The oxygen tactic was set to be used that time, which only worked on a field without wind, remember that day there wasn't any flow of wind which allowed Imouto 10032 to do that and at the same time allowed Accelerator to make a plasma storm. With wind is useless for both Accelerator and Misaka(original and clones).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
In a later volume, mikoto use magnetism to pull objects to use them as shields against firearms. Aside from that, i suppose she could try frying them, but i doubt she's fast enough. A question though, what's stopping accelerator from blowing away all that ozone or just jumping out of the way the moment he notice something is wrong?
That day, was the joy of playing with the opponent, when he noticed 10032's tactic he said: "Are you trying to make me run away for oxygen? Your plan is useless once I reach you."
Old 2010-05-10, 18:35   Link #870
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Except that Touma's power isn't the equivalent of a hole on the radar screen, but rather completely scrambling the radar. Misaka would know that Touma is nearby, but she wouldn't know where he is until she sees him (which happens fairly often).
In other words, the existence of Touma basically acts as a jammer to her "radar." There's a few ways Mikoto won't detect something coming - as in how a radar works. First is by having a "radar cross section" so tiny she won't get any feedback from the electromagnetic waves she lets off, another is by causing an interference - that is, what is meant by jamming - but in Touma's case, he cancels it altogether. Which also counts as "radar jamming."

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2010-05-10, 18:45   Link #871
Pyromania

I'm not sure HOW she stopped a ceramic explosive from harming her outside of the "Incinerate it via heat" strategy. The Manga isn't clear on that.

Imagine Breaker's effect on her waves... well, it should cancel them altogether, even without Touma realizing it. Thing is, it shouldn't be "as if he isn't there." Otherwise fireballs and explosions (and electricity!) would just go right through it. So it should be a 'black spot'? I don't expect the To Aru series to be that detailed though, just postulating <_<

And 10032 needed the condition for there to be no wind. Accelerator's plasma attack is a really freaky thing I don't fully understand. I figured he needs a no wind condition (or at least predictable wind) to be able to do the giant plasma ball charge-time attack of mass destruction.

As for why I said that, I just assumed that Mikoto would be infinitely faster and more effective at the Ozone strategy than a Sister, and that the rapid mentally deteriorating effects of oxygen deficiency would for all intents and purposes incapacitate a combatant even before the coma, convulsions, etc kick in. As for wind... well, she is supposedly 20000 times stronger than your average Sister, so I kind of figured that wouldn't matter much.

Not like Accelerator lacks his array of insta-killing. Just flinging a nearby chunk of rock/whatever at hypersonic speeds would be more than enough to rip apart someone. Hell, I think even the non-level 5 Move Point (strongest L4 Esper?) can basically instagib someone via remote teleporting them as far as she can underground, or else teleporting something right onto them? I haven't seen much of her, let alone her abilities.

Mugino's power is pretty obvious in how she goes about killing things efficiently (just shoot them). Her personality tends to make her susceptible to mind games and whatnot though. I'd be interested in seeing what kind of offensive capability The Queen has... At best I could imagine Xavier's style of total body hijacking. Given how brutal a lot of the other level 5's are, I wouldn't be horribly surprised if this was so.

(On that note... Misaka is basically Magneto with electricity. Does that make Queen vs. Railgun an Xavier vs. Magneto situation? This is amusing)
Old 2010-05-10, 19:12   Link #872
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
As for why I said that, I just assumed that Mikoto would be infinitely faster and more effective at the Ozone strategy than a Sister, and that the rapid mentally deteriorating effects of oxygen deficiency would for all intents and purposes incapacitate a combatant even before the coma, convulsions, etc kick in. As for wind... well, she is supposedly 20000 times stronger than your average Sister, so I kind of figured that wouldn't matter much.
Wrong calculation of yours, 20000 sisters = 128 Mikotos. Lets do some math.

Quote:
(On that note... Misaka is basically Magneto with electricity. Does that make Queen vs. Railgun an Xavier vs. Magneto situation? This is amusing)
Maybe but, you know? The Queen must have a lot of power limitations which justifies why she is on the 5th rank among the 7 Level 5s.
Mugino can surpass Mikoto without her limitation killing just in one move but at the cost of her life.
Gunha, the 7th, who falls under the category of cheating, is an exception because his power can't be understood then he is the 7th.
Old 2010-05-10, 20:13   Link #873
Pyromania

Quote:
Wrong calculation of yours, 20000 sisters = 128 Mikotos. Lets do some math.
Some of the novels quote it as 20000 (the line that comes to mind is "1/20000ths of a billion is still 50 thousand). I think the Railgun Manga Just states that "At absolute strongest the Sisters will be 1/1000ths of Railguns power." or something like that. It's inconsistent.
Old 2010-05-10, 22:02   Link #874
Miraluka
Banned

I was talking about the novels :P.
Old 2010-05-11, 03:24   Link #875
tsunade666

It's kinda tiring.... reading it all. Now I can kinda understand why serenade hates talking with esper... well it's kinda looping stuff.

Accel doesn't really needs a no wind field to unleash plasma. The no wind zone just help him on manipulating the wind around the world. Makes it more easy to compute if the variable x is = 0. If their is wind he would just change the computation like what he tried to do when the sisters start rolling the electronic wind mills.

Even without the no wind zone. He can start using plasma. He even tried to create it to blast kihara away but kihara knows him best and disrupts the wind. I think that's around the near end of vol 12 and now in black wings mode. He can even use the wind as blades that cuts the house dowwn sized.

As for mikoto doing burning everything with the sheer heat of electricity. I don't know because I can't even imagine her powers at all. From being an electro master to do all that stuff. Well I will just say as to be expected of a level 5. But who knows. Heck I don't even know how can be a plasma created by compressing the wind.

and mugino wouldn't die if she undo her limit. It will just go berserk and will be harmful for her. Just imagine a mere esper firing a star light breaker. If railgun using huge chunk of metal is like firing divine buster. A melt downer with out limitation is like firing multiple divine buster. Just imagine what happen to vivio when nanoha fires her star light breaker at her.
Old 2010-05-11, 03:47   Link #876
giorno

mugino would die, rather, her body would literally be torn to shreds as the electromagnetic bonds of her molecules would be broken down by meltdowner...
Old 2010-05-11, 06:09   Link #877
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
The only time Mikoto wanted to kill anybody was when Accelerator killed that Sister ,Misaka 9982 , which she made a sisterly bond with.

Only to find herself curbstomped. Accelerator scared the heck out of her. That was the intention if Last Order is to be believed. It didn't work with the Sisters as Shinobu Nunotaba failed in installing fear to them due to Last Order.

Which brings to question Shinobu Nunotaba's fate. Whether she'll show up in the novel, original anime resolution like Harumi Kiyama, oe just a manga recurring character.
Old 2010-05-11, 15:12   Link #878
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post
mugino would die, rather, her body would literally be torn to shreds as the electromagnetic bonds of her molecules would be broken down by meltdowner...
whoa, I don't know about this. that's why her current state is in that condition.

Thanks for the info.
Old 2010-05-12, 19:18   Link #879
g_silver
Baka Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Heck I don't even know how can be a plasma created by compressing the wind.
in close environment, air's temperature increase as pressure increase
(molecule of gas will clashed with each other turns kinetic energy into heat)
if accelerator can created virtual pressure chamber in the mid air
Yes, he could create plasma or basically superheat fireball
but i understand why he need no wind cus such condition is really hard to maintain.
if you let just a small hole to appear, pressure will decreased dramatically

after read ch.30, i have to say this...
FREDA IS FUXXING CUTE!!!!!
(dont wanna think of what mugino will do to her after this ><)
Old 2010-05-13, 11:18   Link #880
tsunade666

punish her. What to expect from a "queen" like mugino.

Then how can accel freely create plasma when fighting against kihara? though the first attempt was failure because kihara distrputs the wind.

Though I think that day is a not a no wind day. And if I remember it right. It's in the middle of the city. Not some back alley train trailer park.
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, shounen