AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

View Poll Results: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 58 Rating
Perfect 10 25 48.08%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 30.77%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 11.54%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 7.69%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.92%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-26, 22:23   Link #61
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haladflire65 View Post
Spoiler for manga:
To clarify, he says 分かった (wakatta), which is generally "I understand", "Understood", or "All right."
Old 2010-05-26, 22:38   Link #62
Kirarakim

I was talking about what he said in the anime. In the anime (at least according to fansubs) he said "I Will". So unless it was a translation error or they will add something this contradicts what happens in the manga.

If Roy said "I Understand" in the anime then I would not have a problem. Is that what you are trying to say? Sorry I am just trying to understand if we are talking about the anime or manga dialog here.

Last edited by Kirarakim; 2010-05-27 at 10:22.
Old 2010-05-26, 22:42   Link #63
Haladflire65
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Okay I wasn't talking about what Roy said in the manga. And I didn't quote what he said I was just saying the meaning behind his words

Spoiler:

I was talking about what he said in the anime. In the anime he said "I Will". So unless it was a translation error or they will add something this contradicts what happens in the manga.

If Roy said "I Understand" in the anime then I would not have a problem. Is that what you are trying to say?
Spoiler:

If we go any further I think we might get into spoiler territory...
Old 2010-05-26, 22:46   Link #64
Kirarakim

Okay sorry for the confusion I understand now (and I edited my last post because I realized it came off ruder than I meant. That was just my frustration speaking). Thank You!

But you see how one little translation mistake can change the meaning of a sentence.
Old 2010-05-27, 03:46   Link #65
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
Quote:
Oh come on they only have to wait a week, we had to wait a month

Although I admit the threat of spoilers is obviously worse for anime only viewers.
Yup, the wait was a lot harsher, but there was no temptation for spoilers

And you really should be careful with discussing the above. Alluding to/spoiling future events is a no-no here, even with spoiler tags :3 And it's just plain mean to the anime only people
Old 2010-05-27, 09:31   Link #66
Kaiba

One thing that I saw, but am not sure of given I really didn't watch a lot of the first anime, but was that Dante at 12:26 when the old couple was talking about the radio silence?
Old 2010-05-27, 09:43   Link #67
kitten320

^Yeh also thought same thing, I guess they decided not to be too creative with side mini characters
Old 2010-05-27, 10:21   Link #68
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
And you really should be careful with discussing the above. Alluding to/spoiling future events is a no-no here, even with spoiler tags :3 And it's just plain mean to the anime only people
We were not alluding to future events. We were discussing something that happened in this episode. I was confused about a translation error and I just brought up what Roy said in this episode compared to what happened in the manga. He actually said the exact same thing but again the translation made it seem like he said something very different. If anything the translation error is misleading audiences. But I am editing out anything in my posts that might accidentally give something away.
Old 2010-05-27, 18:33   Link #69
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode LVIII: Human Sacrifices

The first half of this episode paid a homage to the fallen ones, and the darker setup for the last stage at the second half marked the prologue to the approaching climax of the final battle.

Spoiler:

And for the second part, almost all pieces have been set on Homuncülus's board.
Spoiler:

So, that's five episodes more to go before great finale, and we are left with a foreboding cliffhanger.
Old 2010-05-27, 22:16   Link #70
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
I was talking about what he said in the anime. In the anime (at least according to fansubs) he said "I Will". So unless it was a translation error or they will add something this contradicts what happens in the manga.
Spoiler for the sake of those who may understandably want to avoid the discussion -- no spoilers:
Old 2010-05-27, 22:20   Link #71
Haladflire65
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Spoiler for the sake of those who may understandably want to avoid the discussion -- no spoilers:
As someone who's lived in and gone to school in Japan for a year, I completely agree with quigonkenny. It was a mistranslation and that's that. I'd say both 'okay...' and 'I get it' are correct, because the phrase 'wakatta' is used very often in everyday Japanese, basically in place of the two English phrases mentioned above.

If you just wait a few days now all will be revealed, and all will be cool
Old 2010-05-27, 22:44   Link #72
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Man, ANN is a really, really, really horrible website. Instead of addressing the translation, dubs, and such the reviewer just bitch and bitches.
(From the review:)
"...the original series, which is sometimes accused of being melodramatic."

I rolled off my bed with that one. "Emo"dramatic is a bit more like it. Understatement of the year...

As for ANN's editorial proclivities, I often wonder why they try to appear "mainstream" and do so little to openly cater to the otaku fandom, when nearly every time I hear mention of them on a board like this one, it's a biased detraction... Can't imagine why they would do that...
Old 2010-05-28, 09:45   Link #73
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
(From the review
"...the original series, which is sometimes accused of being melodramatic."

I rolled off my bed with that one. "Emo"dramatic is a bit more like it. Understatement of the year...

As for ANN's editorial proclivities, I often wonder why they try to appear "mainstream" and do so little to openly cater to the otaku fandom, when nearly every time I hear mention of them on a board like this one, it's a biased detraction... Can't imagine why they would do that...
I am definitely biased towards ANN, I don't deny that. I only visit for the news and if something catches my eye. But when they bash a NY Times bestseller that you love, you can't help but not like them.
Old 2010-05-28, 10:46   Link #74
Kirarakim

I don't mind that people like the first series more what I mind is when people act like it is the most complex/deep story ever created. Because clearly the fact that

Spoiler for first anime:
that's some deep stuff.

In the end I think people mistake angst for deepness. Don't get me wrong nothing is wrong with angst but I hate when people act like a story that is lighter/hopeful is less complex somehow than a story with a darker tone.

Also in the end ANN reviewers are just more people with an opinion. It's not more valid because it happens to be on a popular anime website.
Old 2010-05-28, 17:21   Link #75
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
In the end I think people mistake angst for deepness. Don't get me wrong nothing is wrong with angst but I hate when people act like a story that is lighter/hopeful is less complex somehow than a story with a darker tone.
Case in point: Negima. You could write a doctoral thesis on the complexities of plot and foreshadowing in that work, and it's a harem battle manga.
Old 2010-05-29, 01:57   Link #76
kujoe
from head to heel

The title of the next episode is pretty foreboding, and coupled with the cliffhanger in this episode, one can't help but feel that the next few events aren't going to be turning for the better. But we're almost at the conclusion of this fine series, just a few episodes more...

I think the quality has stepped up from the previous episode, which is undoubtedly a good thing when there are some action-packed portions in the first half.

I especially like the part when...

Spoiler:

All in all, a good episode. Here's hoping that BONES will not be pulling any punches from here on, and present the last few episodes with a resounding bang.
Old 2010-05-29, 08:57   Link #77
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Only 1 day for EP59 (Is ep63 really and ending? or wasn't it?), folks.

Bradley is not really DEAD!? Then to me, I think that Father put that prick DR Goldtooth up to this! That evil smile means:-

- Is this the end of Riza Hawkeye?
- Can Fuhrer Bradley be stopped? Now it's Bradley NO MORE after that Prick son, Selim who's now become Pride.
Old 2010-05-29, 13:21   Link #78
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Yes 63 will be the last episode. It was officially confirmed.
Old 2010-05-30, 07:39   Link #79
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Yes 63 will be the last episode. It was officially confirmed.
As long this show will never end up in a Cliffhanger like 1st season of Code Geass.

Speaking of which, where is EP59 thread? I'd really like to post some thoughts about this week's episode.
Old 2010-05-30, 08:55   Link #80
Haladflire65
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffry2009 View Post
Speaking of which, where is EP59 thread? I'd really like to post some thoughts about this week's episode.
I'm going to explode if the 59 thread doesn't show up soon O.O