AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-10-06, 14:54   Link #321
nines
I much prefer the 2d

Im getting a Shuffle reference from the neighbor think she might be a keade ><
Old 2010-10-06, 15:19   Link #322
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

saturnbeaver, why haven't i see that scene that is your avatar?

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 15:27   Link #323
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
saturnbeaver, why haven't i see that scene that is your avatar?
it takes around 25:08~25:13 into the episode during the omake's ED.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 15:46   Link #324
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

oh, i didn't watch that far in. thanks. so anyways, here are some observations and inferences i made watching it a second time:
glasses girl probably took advantage of Haru when they were younger
she probably misinterpreted his gesture of kindness as an advance
Sora probably saw and has a bad impression of glasses girl

anywho, the ED makes me think good end, which is WINCEST.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2010-10-06, 16:00   Link #325
drobertbaker
Major Lurker

Location: <clap> <clap> <clap> <clap> Deep in the Heart of Texas
Quote:
glasses girl probably took advantage of Haru when they were younger
she probably misinterpreted his gesture of kindness as an advance
Maybe you misinterpreted his advance as a gesture of kindness.

This is the guy who kissed his sister in the infimary! Did you see in your second viewing her legs opening up during the kiss?
Old 2010-10-06, 16:20   Link #326
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by drobertbaker View Post
This is the guy who kissed his sister in the infimary! Did you see in your second viewing her legs opening up during the kiss?
I feel the need to refer back to the previous conversation in this thread about this issue. Keep in mind, that's only Sora's either recollection or fantasy about the situation. We've already seen the show mess on a number of occasions between fantasy and reality. So all we know is that that's what Sora was thinking about at the time. Is that really what happened...? We'll see...
Old 2010-10-06, 16:36   Link #327
drobertbaker
Major Lurker

Having no knowledge of any prior game or novel or manga, I'm just going by what I saw on the screen. (By the way, I do encourage your vigorous suppression of these extraneous elements in this discussion.)

In my interpretation of the little I've seen, the only fantasy element I saw was her imagining a kiss instead of a head pat. Or was he the one imagining it?

But the whole show could be a dream for all I know. I was just pointing out a possibility from what I saw. The show makers really do seem to be purposely creating ambiguity. If so, I like it!
Old 2010-10-06, 16:44   Link #328
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Having no knowledge of any prior game or novel or manga, I'm just going by what I saw on the screen. (By the way, I do encourage your vigorous suppression of these extraneous elements in this discussion.)
Yes, clearly; I said so myself previously. This is based only on what was shown in the anime; there's (literally) no relation to the game or anything else.

Quote:
In my interpretation on the little I've seen, the only fantasy element I saw was her imagining a kiss instead of a head pat. Or was he the one imagining it?
As I recall, there was also some ambiguity/double-takes surrounding the flashback with Nao. And it also isn't clear who was imagining the kiss (also a subject of some previous discussion).

Of course that flashback could be exactly as shown. But I think the reason for doing the "double-take" on the kiss is to provide a hint to us viewers that everything we see isn't necessarily to be taken at face value. Now that they've opened that door, I'm not sure what we're supposed to believe. (And yes, that's actually an aspect of the anime I rather like as well.)
Old 2010-10-06, 17:31   Link #329
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i don't think its the infirmary. i think its part of their house. her legs did open, but that's probably going limp after what happened.

Old 2010-10-06, 17:38   Link #330
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back

So I guess there's no definitive evidence whether that was real or not...
That really matters though, since it would really clear up the relationship between these two.

YOU.

Yes YOU PLOT.

START MAKING SENSE.
KROMEangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 18:15   Link #331
drobertbaker
Major Lurker

Quote:
i don't think its the infirmary. i think its part of their house.
Their father was a doctor, right? I think in Japan they have those kinds of places where it's a doctor's house where he and his family live, but he also sees patients there. It includes a medical office, an infirmary, maybe a couple of beds.
Old 2010-10-06, 18:52   Link #332
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by KROMEangel View Post
That really matters though, since it would really clear up the relationship between these two.

YOU.

Yes YOU PLOT.

START MAKING SENSE.
Even if the plot was to start making sense, it will still leave me clueless
Old 2010-10-06, 19:03   Link #333
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KROMEangel View Post

YOU.

Yes YOU PLOT.

START MAKING SENSE.
Would make for a rather short series. If everything was outright explained at the start, a narrative would not be.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 19:16   Link #334
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Haru has 2 childhood friends... but damn, with the title having Sora, don't think they gonna go anywhere. Oh well, at least Nao is giving her a run for her money lol.

Well, if it ain't gonna be osananajimi, I can settle for twincest XD. They're doing a great job setting up the drama and all for the show, so count me in. Actually think its the third best show of the season (behind Ore no Imouto and Bakuman), though admittedly there's a few more shows that aint aired that might push it out of my top 3, but unlikely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nines View Post
Im getting a Shuffle reference from the neighbor think she might be a keade ><
Nah, if it's anyone acting like Kaede, it would actually be Sora. I mean, first time they're back in the neighbourhood, and she had a MAJOR scowl when she first sees the neighbour's house. To further reinforce this, she went extreme tsun when she saw Haru bike Nao home near the end of the episode. In fact, I really do think that the still we see in the ED where Sora was 'peeping' through a door was in fact between Nao and Haru when they were kids, and that's the reason why she dislikes the neighbours.

Not to say she will go psycho (highly doubt it to be honest), but she's the one with the jealous tendencies, not Nao.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 19:18   Link #335
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Haru has 2 childhood friends... but damn, with the title having Sora, don't think they gonna go anywhere. Oh well, at least Nao is giving her a run for her money lol.
This is defiantly leading to an incest relationship with Haru and Sora.. I wonder how long it will last..
Old 2010-10-06, 19:29   Link #336
Qikz

I had no idea what this was until I watched it, but wow. Sora is so cute and so is the rest of the female cast. I can see this show being a keeper!
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 19:59   Link #337
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Would make for a rather short series. If everything was outright explained at the start, a narrative would not be.
Yeah, you're right. Let's just hope that was done on purpose, and not accidentally ambiguous

Maybe I should have said "tone" or "direction," but the point is this episode almost literally split itself into three different genres; Melancholic Drama, Harem Comedy, and....some third (H) thing.

Either pick one, or figure out a way to balance 'em.

I really like the design and the atmosphere though. However, MC seems to be the clueless type.
KROMEangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 22:02   Link #338
ZeKeR
Superbad

well in first ep im still stumped at the probable vague hints.... depends if its true or not tho
Old 2010-10-06, 23:10   Link #339
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
i don't think its the infirmary. i think its part of their house.
Quote:
Their father was a doctor, right? I think in Japan they have those kinds of places where it's a doctor's house where he and his family live, but he also sees patients there. It includes a medical office, an infirmary, maybe a couple of beds.
I think the anime actually does provide enough information on its own, but just to play safe...

Spoiler for Comparison to game; location of scene (no explicit spoilers):
Old 2010-10-07, 01:01   Link #340
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Wow, rewatching the OP, I never realised how explicit it was the foreshadowing/spoiler that Nao had sex with Haru. Guess my possible mother incest speculation thing was wrong. Considering how flat Nao was then, and how small Sora was from her peeking at the scene, they must had been 12-14 at the most.

That would really explain all the discomfort between the 3 parties ( Sora's angry face looking at their neighbour's house, Haru seemed extra awkward with Nao when they met again; vice versa ), though I question what the hell were going through their minds whoever initiated it. Too bad for the maid through, her cherry boy turns out to be not so 'cherry' after all.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, eroge, romance, seinen, visual novel adaptation