AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2007-02-09, 02:55   Link #1861
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomten51 View Post
ther was a show i wanted to watch when i was a kid, but my mom wolden let me ;P

and all i can remember is fast vehicles and a guy whit a white hat and a cool gun.. i know its sorta wek.. i also know that the trailer was on a dennis movie that i belive to be published by dic (i have gone true this hole list whit no luck) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...s_and_specials

help wold be very appriciated, i think its in a sorta sci setting btw but am not sure
Woah... way too generic a description.

Some questions, because I do have one anime in mind.

1) What other characters can you recall? Names are not needed( but would be helpful), just a basic description will do.

2) Are you talking about Japanese animation here, or American animation? I'm asking this because you linked to a wiki that contains American animations.

3) Roughly which decade did you see this? The 80's? 90's? Coz I dunno your real age, and if you're 70 years old, then we be talking about cartoons in the 50's here. A timeframe is usually helpful in helping us narrow down the suspects.

4) Is there any key word/phrase that you can recall clearly from this animation?

Cheers.
Old 2007-02-09, 08:20   Link #1862
Tomten51

thanx for reply and thanx for moving(not deleting) my thred mod .

Skane hehe yeah i know its realy weak and i have never actualy seen an episode its just that one clip i remember from a dennis movie hehe i am 18 tho and i think i saw that hmm..well i cant remember but some wher arund 95 to 98 wold be my guess

any suggestions of what it might be is very appriciated and i will check them out .

//edit

and yeah am not to sure if its an anime or american but i think it had a japanese tuch since iv never realy liked the american action catoons (batman superman and that)

and i cant remember any phrase keyword but i do remember that in beginning of this litle trailer ther was some fast vehicles(maybe some form of motorbikes) and in an outdoor enviorment a ther was like a cliff(in the ground), now that i think aboute it they might have flown out from the cliff..

i realize its a shot in the dark any one whoes even seen this series will know what am talking abute but am just hopping cus iv wanted to see this a longe time
Tomten51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-09, 09:10   Link #1863
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomten51 View Post
thanx for reply and thanx for moving(not deleting) my thred mod .

Skane hehe yeah i know its realy weak and i have never actualy seen an episode its just that one clip i remember from a dennis movie hehe i am 18 tho and i think i saw that hmm..well i cant remember but some wher arund 95 to 98 wold be my guess

any suggestions of what it might be is very appriciated and i will check them out .

//edit

and yeah am not to sure if its an anime or american but i think it had a japanese tuch since iv never realy liked the american action catoons (batman superman and that)

and i cant remember any phrase keyword but i do remember that in beginning of this litle trailer ther was some fast vehicles(maybe some form of motorbikes) and in an outdoor enviorment a ther was like a cliff(in the ground), now that i think aboute it they might have flown out from the cliff..

i realize its a shot in the dark any one whoes even seen this series will know what am talking abute but am just hopping cus iv wanted to see this a longe time
Aw shucks, the 90's? That would rule out the anime I had in mind then...

I was thinking that it might be Sven from the Black Cat anime. There was an episode in which they battled in the canyons as well, and Sven has pretty nifty weapons( usually concealed in his briefcase).

Drawing a blank then. Hopefully the others will be able to help you.

Cheers.
Old 2007-02-09, 10:05   Link #1864
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
i was looking aroun on hongfire.com image gallery where i found 2 pictures that caught my attention

there coul be text concerning the title in japanese but it is in kanji that i cannot read, so i was wondering dos anyone know where theyre from?

-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-09, 11:14   Link #1865
Foss

Hi and thanks for reading. I saw a serie last year and loved it, too bad my memory is a mess and my computer crashed long ago. would love to see it again but cant figure out the name, have looked through theh series list but couldnt identify it.

The plot:

A girl with powers to do anything with stuff in her range. she has small horns in her head, looks like a couple of puppy ears.

when she's small she gets angry at a guy and kills his family and they meet again when they are older.

theres another girl with the same powers who is kept in a laboratory which the scientists let loose in the end to kill this first girl.

the first girl lives with this guy whose parents she killed in a house together with his cousin and a friend of hers.

and thats about all i can remember :/

and i believe it was pretty short, about 12-13 episodes
Foss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-09, 11:16   Link #1866
miaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
i was looking aroun on hongfire.com image gallery where i found 2 pictures that caught my attention

there coul be text concerning the title in japanese but it is in kanji that i cannot read, so i was wondering dos anyone know where theyre from?

second one is Nabari no Ou by Yuhki Kamatani serialized in Gfantasy monthly magazine.
the pic is a freebie wallpaper that can also be found in that link.
ANN

Last edited by miaka; 2007-02-09 at 11:39. Reason: add ANN link
miaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-09, 11:17   Link #1867
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Elfen Lied

And there is a specific topic for this. (Just a few lines above this thread)
Old 2007-02-09, 11:20   Link #1868
Foss

yeah noticed sosorry :/
and thanks a bunch thats the one
Foss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-09, 13:58   Link #1869
Tomten51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Aw shucks, the 90's? That would rule out the anime I had in mind then...

I was thinking that it might be Sven from the Black Cat anime. There was an episode in which they battled in the canyons as well, and Sven has pretty nifty weapons( usually concealed in his briefcase).

Drawing a blank then. Hopefully the others will be able to help you.

Cheers.
/cry hehe well thnx even so i migt be better of trying to get a copy of that old dennis movie and hope il fiend that trailer..
Tomten51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-11, 07:13   Link #1870
IceTea

old animes

well guys, here is some more to identify:

I was about 6yrs old (about 16yrs ago) when whatching this animes, can't remember to much but it goes like this:

1. The main character was a bald monk kid. He was very smart and clever, he could solve alot of riddles and problems. Every episode was about a new riddle that he solved them in a smart way. When he was about to start his "thinking process" he alwas soused his fingertips in his mouth and made circle-shapes on this bald head and then start thinking while a "mook drum" mad a hit sound.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2. This one was abut a family that gets stranded on an island after a stormy night that crashes their ship. The father of the family was a doctor I think and they made and invented cool stuff to be able to survive on that island.
3. This one was about some travelers (one boy, a girl, huge strong man, an old "important" man and a goofy dog). They always traveled around and every time something happened. They got into fights, the kid had a "stone thrower" if I remeber right, and the huge man had a white towel that he tide around his shoulders whenever he was about to get info a fight, he became very strong with that towel around his shoulder and neck, hehe. And everytime near end of the episode the kid draw out a special sign (red stamp with a yellow logo) that he showed to the enemies and related it to the old man, like he was a very important imperial man or something, and everybody kneeled down and bowed when they saw that sign and beged for forgiveness.

they are all very old animes. very good memories hehe
hope someone can figure them out.
IceTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-11, 07:32   Link #1871
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceTea View Post
2. This one was abut a family that gets stranded on an island after a stormy night that crashes their ship. The father of the family was a doctor I think and they made and invented cool stuff to be able to survive on that island.
I'm not sure, but perhaps this could be Kazoku Robinson Hyouryuuki - Fushigi na Shima no Flone , I used to watch it when I was a kid and I enjoyed it a lot.
Old 2007-02-11, 07:41   Link #1872
IceTea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
I'm not sure, but perhaps this could be Kazoku Robinson Hyouryuuki - Fushigi na Shima no Flone , I used to watch it when I was a kid and I enjoyed it a lot.
YES, it's right. They call it Family Robinson http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0168341/
here is a german clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Em5Q2Tv0MsY
ahh thanx man, good memoreis hehe.
one down, two more left.

Edit: WOW! just found out that they are going to do the movie by the director of Terminator 4 http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0465633/

Last edited by IceTea; 2007-02-11 at 08:40.
Old 2007-02-11, 09:23   Link #1873
jjcok123

Help me identify this manga please!

Hi, I want to identify this manga I read long ago (around 6-7 years ago), and it involved a girl playing tennis...I can't really recall much information about it, all I remember is that towards the beginning of the manga, she practices hitting the net by hitting cans on top of the net...I'll edit here with more information if I can find it. Thanks in advance!

Oh, I think one of the characters had the name Coco or Choco or something...I might be completely off though.
jjcok123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-11, 09:46   Link #1874
miaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceTea View Post
well guys, here is some more to identify:

I was about 6yrs old (about 16yrs ago) when whatching this animes, can't remember to much but it goes like this:

1. The main character was a bald monk kid. He was very smart and clever, he could solve alot of riddles and problems. Every episode was about a new riddle that he solved them in a smart way. When he was about to start his "thinking process" he alwas soused his fingertips in his mouth and made circle-shapes on this bald head and then start thinking while a "mook drum" mad a hit sound.
Ikkyu-san (1975 anime by Toei).
miaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-11, 10:01   Link #1875
Kaasman
Forged by pure anime love

Send a message via MSN to Kaasman
i suppose this will be redirected to the sticky
Kaasman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-11, 10:26   Link #1876
IceTea

Quote:
Originally Posted by miaka View Post
Ikkyu-san (1975 anime by Toei).
Wooahh, thanx miaka, it was correct. I was looking for that. 296ep, daym that was many.
well now only nr. 3 left
Man it brings back memories http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxpEMy2sLLE
I wan't my childhood back

I must see where I can buy this stuff.

Last edited by IceTea; 2007-02-11 at 10:40.
Old 2007-02-11, 10:55   Link #1877
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

It was anime about sport but instead of people robot would play the sport. And their design was kind of SD gundam style. Does anyone know this anime?
Old 2007-02-11, 11:31   Link #1878
Doraneko
The Owl of Minerva

Can anyone please identify this anime? Just came across it on the net and have no idea on what it is about.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...003_093613.gif

Last edited by xris; 2007-02-11 at 14:17. Reason: Frigging large image
Doraneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-11, 15:23   Link #1879
Paper Lilies

Send a message via AIM to Paper Lilies

Any idea what this is from? Or is it just a picture, not related to anything?
Paper Lilies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-11, 19:11   Link #1880
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doraneko View Post
Can anyone please identify this anime? Just came across it on the net and have no idea on what it is about.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...003_093613.gif
lol doesn't really look like it's really an anime, although convincing enough it really just might be one totally new hack job with many different sources. Although, somone may be able to identify the girl, but she looks static and not from anime. Quality makes forensics difficult as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper Lilies View Post
Spoiler for to compress post size:

Any idea what this is from? Or is it just a picture, not related to anything?
Hmm, time to have a CSI report

Eyes: most likely Cocktail Soft art
Hands: Very much like To Heart 2 style, also Cocktail Soft properties spotted as well.
Hair: dark, very nice, also denoting a possible lead female. Hair identical to Memories Off 3 OAV lead female.
Picture: two girls sighted. Could be sisters, could be alter ego's. Girl on left clearly has issues. Note peasant style clothing. Girl on right looks like her future has been determined. Note bridal-ish gown.
Background: Setting most likely Fall/Winter, clear skies and leaves-less tree a dead giveaway. Note Sakura blossom-ish things on lower left.

Conclusion: Unable to decipher findings into brain database. Seek outside help, next priority.

Hope someone can feed off this information war I have started and help me out
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
#unknown, anime, anime figure, comedy, ecchi., fantasy, find, game, gender bender, heroes, higurashi, identification, manga, movies, quotes, search, secret, tv shows, visual novel