AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-05-30, 06:23   Link #1421
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Quote:
I smell a Gundam Seed fan refusing to accept the fact that the Seed movie was nothing but a lie.

Ah well, I guess it's too bad.

To think that I was actually looking forward to seeing the movie.
The Seed movie is not a lie..Fukuda's words means nothing here..He is just the director, he doesn't own the Seed franchise. It's the producers words that matters..The movie was announced by Bandai en Sunrise two years ago and they never said they ware dropping the project. And that's the fact.
Old 2008-05-30, 07:46   Link #1422
carmolita

I agree kaito-kid!!! Espicially since morasowa herself spoke about the GSM in a magazine...In that blog fukada himself implied that their would be other seed projects by not denying that their wouldn't be...everyone is entitled to an opinion, but Please don't tell tales without facts to back them up..
carmolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-30, 08:36   Link #1423
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

If this was just one year ago, i would've believed you, but I don't think they'll be bringing in SEED anymore... There are too many loopholes produced by Destiny's Deus-ex-Machina ending.

The movie is nigh-impossible to promote, now that SEED fans are jumping ship. Most casual anime viewers who would've bought SEED merchandise are either likely Code Geass fans or have dropped the genre entirely..

@kaito: It is because the circumstances are different now, back then. Two years ago, Bandai would like to get a SEED movie since it was raking in money. The circumstances have changed and the movie was put to the freezer as a result.
Old 2008-05-30, 08:46   Link #1424
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
If this was just one year ago, i would've believed you, but I don't think they'll be bringing in SEED anymore... There are too many loopholes produced by Destiny's Deus-ex-Machina ending.

The movie is nigh-impossible to promote, now that SEED fans are jumping ship. Most casual anime viewers who would've bought SEED merchandise are either likely Code Geass fans or have dropped the genre entirely..
"SEED fans abandoning ship"? LOL, no comment. Talking about tales without facts to back them up...
Sir Dearka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-30, 08:53   Link #1425
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Of course there'll be.... DKLAC is one, there's a distinct reason why a seed movie isn't feasible given the situation now. That reason would be that other anime offer what SEED has and better. SEED Destiny is Like Shaq with the Phoenix suns, the only reason the Suns executives pulled the trigger on this deal is because Shaq will rake in money, and will be reason enough for people to buy season tickets.
Old 2008-05-30, 09:01   Link #1426
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
Of course there'll be.... DKLAC is one, there's a distinct reason why a seed movie isn't feasible given the situation now. That reason would be that other anime offer what SEED has and better. SEED Destiny is Like Shaq with the Phoenix suns, the only reason the Suns executives pulled the trigger on this deal is because Shaq will rake in money, and will be reason enough for people to buy season tickets.
Destiny maybe. But the kits are selling well and the post-show marketing still grosses money. But there are SEED fans like me (I personally know at least twenty of them and I come from a country that remains mostly ignorant of anime in comparison to the States, UK, France or Italy) who'd gladly watch the movie. Even those who were disappointed with the second series would probably want to see whether the lowered content quality of the show was compensated.

I'm not the omnipotent god or a Sunrise marketing manager but to me saying that "SEED fans are abandoning ship" just sounds too assumptive.
Old 2008-05-30, 12:59   Link #1427
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

hoi what ya means "jumping the seed ship" "aeriolewinters" like are you saying GS will be like the TITANIC?!

of course the TITANIC was infamous in the 90s geez even that the seiyu of athrun (akira ishida) is the japanese voice of Jack Dawson & also that TITANIC was in 1997 that is five years later in 02 for the start of GS.

now ya thinking to compare GS to TITANIC ok now you want akira ishida to say "GS IS THE KING OF THE WORLD".

& also there will be GSM cause this "top secret source" said GSM will happen!!!
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-30, 23:24   Link #1428
Pride
Ore, Sanjou!

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-KLAC View Post
hoi what ya means "jumping the seed ship" "aeriolewinters" like are you saying GS will be like the TITANIC?!

of course the TITANIC was infamous in the 90s geez even that the seiyu of athrun (akira ishida) is the japanese voice of Jack Dawson & also that TITANIC was in 1997 that is five years later in 02 for the start of GS.

now ya thinking to compare GS to TITANIC ok now you want akira ishida to say "GS IS THE KING OF THE WORLD".

& also there will be GSM cause this "top secret source" said GSM will happen!!!
Wtf? Did you just escape from some asylum or something? You're weird. Very weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmolita View Post
I agree kaito-kid!!! Espicially since morasowa herself spoke about the GSM in a magazine...In that blog fukada himself implied that their would be other seed projects by not denying that their wouldn't be...everyone is entitled to an opinion, but Please don't tell tales without facts to back them up..
I'm not. The very fact that Fukuda said that there is no concrete plan for a Seed sequel at the moment shows that the Seed movie was probably only a possible future project conceived by Sunrise, and never went into production phase. Morosawa's statement was probably an excuse to tame the annoying fans who kept bugging her about the movie.

Don't get me wrong, I am a Seed fan, and I am looking forward to a Seed movie. In fact, I'm dying to watch it. But I just hate it when people goes "Zomg Destiny is t3h b3st animoo s3ri3s 3va!".

Last edited by Pride; 2008-05-30 at 23:36.
Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-31, 00:01   Link #1429
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
@ Sir Dearka

I think Sunrise is probably thinking about the original fans of the series when it was released, and they're probably like 20 something right now. They are worried that since the majority of their fans are now in that age clause, they wouldn't probably be as vigorous as they were in still becoming interested in the franchise. For the younger fans, they are now introduced to Code Geass and Gundam 00, so it's almost impossible to try getting them interested in that kind of series, unlike SEED's original fans.

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-31, 01:49   Link #1430
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pride View Post
Don't get me wrong, I am a Seed fan, and I am looking forward to a Seed movie. In fact, I'm dying to watch it. But I just hate it when people goes "Zomg Destiny is t3h b3st animoo s3ri3s 3va!".
So far, I've only seen D-KLAC to act such way here among the SEED fans. And as you straightly pointed it put, he acts all weirdo. I seriously think you should reconsider relying your opinions or judgements on such an individual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eidolon Sniper View Post
@ Sir Dearka

I think Sunrise is probably thinking about the original fans of the series when it was released, and they're probably like 20 something right now. They are worried that since the majority of their fans are now in that age clause, they wouldn't probably be as vigorous as they were in still becoming interested in the franchise. For the younger fans, they are now introduced to Code Geass and Gundam 00, so it's almost impossible to try getting them interested in that kind of series, unlike SEED's original fans.
Might be. But Japan is a specific country. thirty-year-olds are cheering for teenage popstars so why not making a movie based on the series which had such a huge impact not only on Gundamverse, but on animeverse in general. We can see in the rankings that the SEED characters don't get off unnoticed. Unlike Wing which was supposed to be such a boysband hit but ultimately, we did not see it being remembered in Japan as SEED during the same period after airing.
Old 2008-05-31, 05:53   Link #1431
carmolita

I agree Sir Dearka and lets not forget that years after seed was first released ..they released a fan video which was the biggest selling fanvideo ever in Japan. Anime is all about money and as long as their is money to be made a series will be milked for what it's worth...It is not uncommon for an anime to fall out of the limelight and then continue such as kkm or even robotech for that matter..

However,

I think it is unfair to dictate morasowa a liar just because she is having personal problems or medical issues..she even apologized and asked for everyone to be patient. I doubt she would put her career or reputation on the line just to make empty claims or false promises on purpose...

Whats killing us all is the anticipation and the fact that they left destiny on a series of cliffhangers..I'm certain that they are going to choose the latest release date possible for the movie so that they are not rushed for a deadline especially if their is problems....I for one am willing to wait ..I'd rather have a good movie than a failed masterpiece..and hope they learned their lesson w/destiny..good things come to those who wait
carmolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-31, 07:03   Link #1432
Spitfire
Mr. Bushido

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dearka View Post
So far, I've only seen D-KLAC to act such way here among the SEED fans. And as you straightly pointed it put, he acts all weirdo. I seriously think you should reconsider relying your opinions or judgements on such an individual.
So because YOU haven't seen many fans act this way, it means there are no fans that act in this childish way, similar to D-KLAC? Trust me, there are many more fans out there like D-KLAC. Its a sad truth really.

As I've said in the past, I'm really not going to expect much from this movie, mainly due to the fact that they didn't learn their lesson from GSD. If they wanted to make a quality movie, they wouldn't have gotten Morosawa and Fukuda back for it. Obviously, I realize this was for continuity purposes, but they should have realized how incompetent those two are.
Old 2008-05-31, 07:09   Link #1433
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
carmolita, Fukuda Fukuda'd Morosawa. Unless Fukuda goes back to restate what he just said in that anime panel blog post brightman put up, then the movie is pretty much finished, and any hope for a 3rd series for that matter. Destiny SE IV also sealed the deal on any new SEED series or movie as well. Lacus already triumphs and has the entire world in the palm of her hand. How can that be a cliffhanger?

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-31, 07:29   Link #1434
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
So because YOU haven't seen many fans act this way, it means there are no fans that act in this childish way, similar to D-KLAC? Trust me, there are many more fans out there like D-KLAC. Its a sad truth really.
Please, allow me not to believe you as the person who obviously is prone to perceive all the SEED-lovers as retards, such as your initial approach to myself.

As for Fukuda and Morosawa, I kinda agree. I am just hoping Fukuda would be lucky again to produce something of first SEED quality. And even then, I still perceive Destiny as a show that was not as catastrophic as some are trying to demonize it. At least it kept the overall mood of the series, unlike ZZ which was really a huge leap away from Zeta. I am the kind of person that is for the approach" "it never hurts to try".
Old 2008-05-31, 07:41   Link #1435
Spitfire
Mr. Bushido

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dearka View Post
Please, allow me not to believe you as the person who obviously is prone to perceive all the SEED-lovers as retards, such as your initial approach to myself.

I've never said that all seed-lovers are retards. I've also never said your a retard, and I obviously don't think that way.

I also agree with what you said in that it never hurts to try. However, they did try with GSD, and they failed horribly. When GSD aired, I was a huge Seed fan, and I thought GSD was going to be awesome. How wrong I was. I don't care how good seed was, I have no faith in Fukuda and his wife. They have failed in my eyes.
Old 2008-05-31, 08:00   Link #1436
brightman
Ancient Member

People, people... I know I posted the Fukuda interview here (just to rile things up), but I thought people don't believe what he says, after all the BS that he's been saying in previous interviews???

Seed isn't finished. Bandai/Sunrise can't and won't forget the fact that the Seed universe is still their most commercially successful show in the last two decades, so it really doesn't matter what Fukuda says in some anime conference somewhere. And Seed fans jumping ship to Code Geass and its palty 1.5% daytime TV ratings? No.

Though as far as the Seed movie goes... Who knows.
Old 2008-05-31, 08:13   Link #1437
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

I'll take a Seed movie on one condition: the absolute over throwal of Mary "Lacus" Sue's regime on PLANT.

The fate of Coordinators thereafter is irrelevant, as long as they don't find someone even more Perfect to replace with her. Let them peacefully go in the fertility crisis.
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-31, 16:41   Link #1438
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean_the_Young View Post
I'll take a Seed movie on one condition: the absolute over throwal of Mary "Lacus" Sue's regime on PLANT.

The fate of Coordinators thereafter is irrelevant, as long as they don't find someone even more Perfect to replace with her. Let them peacefully go in the fertility crisis.
the "mary lacus" oh come is this another of the "religion" thing calling on GS besides i've forums sayin that of J-yamato & v-lacus really don't drag religion into compareing GS.

& also geez GS fans have been by far i see the most infamous generation of anime fans this decade besides GSD was to honor the gundam era in 04 cause it was gundam 25th yet next year 09 my guess that will be a GS showing to honor 30 years of gundam.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-31, 17:24   Link #1439
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
People, people... I know I posted the Fukuda interview here (just to rile things up), but I thought people don't believe what he says, after all the BS that he's been saying in previous interviews???
Well, the questioner did ask if there's any plan to continue the series. Is it possible that Fukuda interpreted this to mean a third series instead of just a movie? And/or assuming they're already currently working on the movie right now (albeit slowly), Fukuda might've been talking about the future of SEED after that, perhaps.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-31, 17:52   Link #1440
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-KLAC View Post
the "mary lacus" oh come is this another of the "religion" thing calling on GS besides i've forums sayin that of J-yamato & v-lacus really don't drag religion into compareing GS.
Mary Sue refers to Mary Sue, not Mary Magdeline. A Mary Sue is a character of literature which is overly-idealized, inhumanely perfect, and has at most only superficial and sympathetic flaws. There is no religious connotation in Mary Sue beyond that of the writer's own self-worship.
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep