Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-08-14, 14:18   Link #1
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Duel Savior (test run)

I just took a look at the latest demo from the guys who made Baldr Force, Duel Savior. The demo is basically an action sequence followed by a CG. The action part is actually pretty fun, because of all these combos you can get. The only creepy part is Nanashi's head rolling around talking to you ~_~. The action part has the feel of something like Melty Blood or Eternal Fighter Zero, but with less moves. However, it's a side scrolling type of adventure game, so it's neat nonetheless.

Unfortunately, judging from the "CG", it looks like Duel Savior is going to be heavy on the ero again
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-14, 14:46   Link #2
Zephronite
gorogorogorogoro

Action, love and sex. Lots of it.
Gotta love Team Baldrhead's games.
I don't think there can be 'too much H' for an action HRPG like this, honestly. I would be disappointed if they only gave like... 5 CG per character in the whole game, lawl.
At any rate....
*Runs to download demo*
Zephronite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-14, 14:56   Link #3
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephronite
Action, love and sex. Lots of it.
Gotta love Team Baldrhead's games.
I don't think there can be 'too much H' for an action HRPG like this, honestly. I would be disappointed if they only gave like... 5 CG per character in the whole game, lawl.
At any rate....
*Runs to download demo*
Sometimes it seems as if they would put in H randomnly. Sometimes it fits into the story and sometimes it's just overdoing things. When it fits into the story it's great, but a lot of times it doesn't.
Old 2004-08-14, 15:09   Link #4
Soulfang
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
Sometimes it seems as if they would put in H randomnly. Sometimes it fits into the story and sometimes it's just overdoing things. When it fits into the story it's great, but a lot of times it doesn't.
*cough* Vagrants *cough*
Soulfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-16, 22:14   Link #5
Doddler

Send a message via ICQ to Doddler Send a message via MSN to Doddler
The demo owns in a big way. I found it a little tough until I got used to the combo style and blocking properly. Still, Kaede at the end is still pretty tough... she can't beat me anymore but its no push over fight.

Kudos to team baldr head, I honestly wasn't sure what to expect when they announced a side scrolling action game, but judging from the action in the demo they know what they're doing. Of course this was already on my list of games I was looking forward to, but it helps to know that it's atleast going to deliver decently on the gameplay side. I just wonder wether they can pull off a decent story.
Doddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-17, 00:02   Link #6
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doddler
The demo owns in a big way. I found it a little tough until I got used to the combo style and blocking properly. Still, Kaede at the end is still pretty tough... she can't beat me anymore but its no push over fight.

Kudos to team baldr head, I honestly wasn't sure what to expect when they announced a side scrolling action game, but judging from the action in the demo they know what they're doing. Of course this was already on my list of games I was looking forward to, but it helps to know that it's atleast going to deliver decently on the gameplay side. I just wonder wether they can pull off a decent story.
Baldrhead generally tend to pull off a good story, even if it's so shocking and screwed up (Tsukina anyone? =P). Right now the sister creeps me out, that brother-kon of hers is a bit toooo strong imo. By the way, did you guys vote for your favorite characters yet? I'm hoping Kaede gets #1 for the next time they post wallpapers ;D
Old 2004-08-17, 00:45   Link #7
Doddler

Quote:
Baldrhead generally tend to pull off a good story, even if it's so shocking and screwed up (Tsukina anyone? =P). Right now the sister creeps me out, that brother-kon of hers is a bit toooo strong imo. By the way, did you guys vote for your favorite characters yet? I'm hoping Kaede gets #1 for the next time they post wallpapers ;D
Well, I was very happy with baldr force, some of the stories were a bit... you know, but I quite liked it. The concern is raised by the fact that thier previous games, baldr bullet, baldr fist, and baldr head, wern't as good regarding to story. Baldr Force's story was very interesting, the different stories on the same timeline, the different characters and thier relation to each other. But Baldr Force was sort of like, the final product of a big line of modifications, tests, and refinements (and a good one at that), where as Duel Savior is to some extent going into new teritory. I have some faith in them but I am still a little concerned about it. The playable demo does relieve some of these fears though.

As for the vote, I'm not 100% sure who I should vote for. I might vote for Kaede, but she was so mean to me in the demo T_T
Old 2004-08-17, 12:54   Link #8
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Quote:
Well, I was very happy with baldr force, some of the stories were a bit... you know, but I quite liked it. The concern is raised by the fact that thier previous games, baldr bullet, baldr fist, and baldr head, wern't as good regarding to story. Baldr Force's story was very interesting, the different stories on the same timeline, the different characters and thier relation to each other. But Baldr Force was sort of like, the final product of a big line of modifications, tests, and refinements (and a good one at that), where as Duel Savior is to some extent going into new teritory. I have some faith in them but I am still a little concerned about it. The playable demo does relieve some of these fears though.

As for the vote, I'm not 100% sure who I should vote for. I might vote for Kaede, but she was so mean to me in the demo T_T
I see, I haven't actually come across those older games, except for maybe Bullet. It's like there's almost no talk of them. So maybe their stories _were_ pretty bad ^^;

BTW, how's that Baldr Force translation coming along? Still working on it?
Old 2004-08-18, 01:43   Link #9
Doddler

Quote:
I see, I haven't actually come across those older games, except for maybe Bullet. It's like there's almost no talk of them. So maybe their stories _were_ pretty bad ^^;

BTW, how's that Baldr Force translation coming along? Still working on it?
I got the prologue done and about half of both chapter 1 & 2... still nothing to be proud about :P. Of course, I never honestly thought I could finish the game on my own, and in the end the project will likely end up dying (practically is already, I do a few lines every few days). It was in the end just a test to help me learn japanese. Without any help, there's no way an illiterate in japanese person like me can finish it. T_T

I guess it hardly makes a difference, maybe I should spend my time trying to understand new games and just leave baldr force behind.
Old 2004-08-18, 17:52   Link #10
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Quote:
I got the prologue done and about half of both chapter 1 & 2... still nothing to be proud about :P. Of course, I never honestly thought I could finish the game on my own, and in the end the project will likely end up dying (practically is already, I do a few lines every few days). It was in the end just a test to help me learn japanese. Without any help, there's no way an illiterate in japanese person like me can finish it. T_T

I guess it hardly makes a difference, maybe I should spend my time trying to understand new games and just leave baldr force behind.
That's too bad. I have my hands too full right now to help out with anything else
Oh well, if you do decide to stop, would you mind releasing the source to the tools so people can continue sometime in the future?
Old 2004-08-20, 21:04   Link #11
Doddler

Quote:
That's too bad. I have my hands too full right now to help out with anything else
Oh well, if you do decide to stop, would you mind releasing the source to the tools so people can continue sometime in the future?
I'll give them out to anyone who asks. I don't have the source on me though since a friend put it togeather for me, but I can track it down if anyone is interested.
Old 2004-09-21, 02:56   Link #12
blah

If you're actually serious in translating it, I can help. Mind you I'll be worthless on the programming side of things...
blah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-22, 14:09   Link #13
Zephronite
gorogorogorogoro

October 1 is getting closer. Ooh, the anticipation is killing me. In honour of this event, taste Nanashi headrolling avatar.
By the way, Giga are gods. For they have made a zombie moe.
Zephronite is offline   Reply With Quote