AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-06-06, 01:38   Link #3281
Rin Listviel

well...i dunno what you guys talking about..but it seems like about development thingy...

For me....the development of character in yahari feels very natural compared to the other novel..slow but sure...for all character...especialy Yukino and Yui....

Well..great read anyway...>XD
Rin Listviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-06, 01:54   Link #3282
Tenzen12

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozt View Post
Theres one thing. I said that Manaka didnt really develop.
You also said that girl with most development wins and used Manaka as example, so you are contradicting yourseflf

Quote:
Also

I listed the characters that were developed in a series and not any of their actual development that happened.
Go read Toradora LN volume 1 -10 and tell me she didn't grow more than any other girl.
Go read Ookami-San volume 1-12 and tell me she didn't develop.
Go read Nisekoi chapters 1-50 and tell me Chitoge didn't develop.
If i listed that actual development step 1 to step 5. It would take pages.
I'm making it short and sweet.

Tenzen also stated certain characters were poorly develeped or never happened when he.
1. He doesn't read japanese (so how can he know Ryouko had poor/no development) AFAIK there isn't a project in bakatsuki and I'll look it up soon for a translated online later)
Spoiler for Ookamisan:

2. The counter arguments he listed saying hes read them obviously shows that he didn't. Since most of the LN aren't accessible to those who can't read japanese.
3. He said that Tyga didn't get any actual development in Toradora... (is that a joke) Maybe in the anime she didn't, but in the LN its a lot better like always.
I didn't have intend continue waste my time on you, but now you not just twist my words but actualy writing fanfiction with me as main character.
1) I said Ryoko HAD development and definitely not poor.
2) Same goes with Taiga, I NEVER downplayed her development. She had realy good one, actualy.

If you can't even interpret my post that is in english I doubt you can do better job with japanese. Unfortunetely knowledge of language doesn't grant insight and you are best example of that.

And please don't translate anything, no novel deserve such treatment.

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2014-06-06 at 02:04.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-06, 02:17   Link #3283
Distoch

Quote:
Originally Posted by iskorts View Post
I kinda feel like the argument is about how a certain color's shade is darker or lighter since I sorta agree with all of the posts. Though I'm thinking the end would be more like a "friendship with foreshadowing romance" route instead of simply friendship.

oh, and is it confirmed that Oregairu will only have 11 volumes? @Frozt

I understand that some people might think that Yukino's development seems rushed, but if you interpret that bit of dialogue Yukino had with 8man at the end of the Rumi situation as a sign of Yukino showing a bit of respect or maybe having a higher opinion of 8man. Then the char dev for Yukino in vol 7-9 wouldn't look rushed at all.
Even earlier , from the first one she trusted him to win the match for the club but I think the moment she started to really respect him was when he didn't fall for Haruno's facade , as she reminded him in chapter 8.

I don't think it was confirmed for 11 , it's just that Watari said something about being halfway through the story around volume 6 , so most of us assumed that it will be a 11-12 Volumes series.
Distoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-06, 03:12   Link #3284
iskorts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distoch View Post
Even earlier , from the first one she trusted him to win the match for the club but I think the moment she started to really respect him was when he didn't fall for Haruno's facade , as she reminded him in chapter 8.

I don't think it was confirmed for 11 , it's just that Watari said something about being halfway through the story around volume 6 , so most of us assumed that it will be a 11-12 Volumes series.
Point. Forgot that. I guess the Rumi situation would be her acknowledging 8man's kindness perhaps?

Thanks for clarifying, thought it might be a bit tight if the series ended in vol 11. But I'm glad the end is in sight, makes you feel like the story has direction and is focused on it.
iskorts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-06, 04:41   Link #3285
Distoch

Quote:
Originally Posted by iskorts View Post
Point. Forgot that. I guess the Rumi situation would be her acknowledging 8man's kindness perhaps?

Thanks for clarifying, thought it might be a bit tight if the series ended in vol 11. But I'm glad the end is in sight, makes you feel like the story has direction and is focused on it.
Yes , his kindness and also how far he was willing to go in order to solve a problem.

Also since we discussed Rumi's similarities with the SC earlier , the fact that she saw him solving a situation very similar to hers in the past probably triggered something in the way she sees him too.

Off topic , that reminds me of something Hayama said during 8man's exposition of his plan (Rumi) , he said "No wonder she looks out for you" or something like that , at first I thought like almost everyone that he was referring to Yukino but now that we've seen that he is in touch with Haruno (since Vol8) I wonder if he could have been talking about her instead.
Well not like it's very important anyway , just wanted to point that out.
Old 2014-06-06, 09:05   Link #3286
lijenstina
Nihilism for Beginners

Seems that NanoDesu started the translation on the Volume 2. The Prologue is done.

“Talking nonsense is the sole privilege mankind possesses over the other organisms. It's by talking nonsense that one gets to the truth! I talk nonsense, therefore I'm human”
lijenstina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-06, 09:46   Link #3287
Distoch

Good to know , apparently they also changed the translator too.
Old 2014-06-06, 10:44   Link #3288
Frozt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
You also said that girl with most development wins and used Manaka as example, so you are contradicting yourseflf

I didn't have intend continue waste my time on you, but now you not just twist my words but actualy writing fanfiction with me as main character.
1) I said Ryoko HAD development and definitely not poor.
2) Same goes with Taiga, I NEVER downplayed her development. She had realy good one, actualy.

If you can't even interpret my post that is in english I doubt you can do better job with japanese. Unfortunetely knowledge of language doesn't grant insight and you are best example of that.

And please don't translate anything, no novel deserve such treatment.

The time it took for Manaka to say her feelings was a slow development, yet she wasn't developed. It still relates to Yahari because the slow development to Yukino is related.

HAHAHAHA, now you talk about twisting words.....
Quote:
There is no character development in Nisekoi neither in MM. Taiga had fair share of it but no more than other characters (so you are making same mistake as here). Ryouko had some development but there was no alternatives for comparisson. Manaka had least development of all girls. Touma won not because she had more development but because she was that awesome period.

And there is at least half of animes where girl with less development wins, pretty much anything Okada writes for example (like Nagiasu or True tears). Well, actualy maybe more than half.
1. You said Ryouko had SOME development but no comparison. Some can not even describe the growth she went through. Out of all the characters she was the most developed and still everyone in the series was developed beautifully (even her wicked boyfriend was developed). Which makes your no comparison statement a total lie. Which also shows that you're a liar. I took your some developmentas basically no development why? BECAUSE YOU CAN'T EVEN READ THE SERIES. SO HOW CAN YOU INPUT YOUR OPINION ON IT. (Definition of Ignorance "lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated." )
2. You said Tyga had the as much development as Ami and Midori. GO back and read it please and tell me how much Midori changed from volume 1 to volume 10. I also never posted that Tyga had poor development. I said that she grew the most.At the end of it I also said you said Tyga had as much development as others, but I also took that as no development because she is A completely different person volume 1 to volume 10. Complete Opposite to Midori (who barely grew), but Ami was developed more than Midori.
3. Way to modify my quote so I don't call you out on being a LIAR.

Also instead of worrying about me translating, you should worry about yourself. I'm not sure if your native tongue is English, but your grammar seems far worse than mine. So I'm worried about your future.
Frozt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-06, 11:07   Link #3289
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozt View Post
The time it took for Manaka to say her feelings was a slow development, yet she wasn't developed. It still relates to Yahari because the slow development to Yukino is related.

HAHAHAHA, now you talk about twisting words.....
Cookie to anyone who can translate that into english or any language that make sense.

Quote:
1. You said Ryouko had SOME development but no comparison. Some can not even describe the growth she went through. Out of all the characters she was the most developed and still everyone in the series was developed beautifully (even her wicked boyfriend was developed). Which makes your no comparison statement a total lie. Which also shows that you're a liar. I took your some developmentas basically no development why? BECAUSE YOU CAN'T EVEN READ THE SERIES. SO HOW CAN YOU INPUT YOUR OPINION ON IT. (Definition of Ignorance "lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated." )
2. You said Tyga had the as much development as Ami and Midori. GO back and read it please and tell me how much Midori changed from volume 1 to volume 10. I also never posted that Tyga had poor development. I said that she grew the most.At the end of it I also said you said Tyga had as much development as others, but I also took that as no development because she is A completely different person volume 1 to volume 10. Complete Opposite to Midori (who barely grew), but Ami was developed more than Midori.
3. Way to modify my quote so I don't call you out on being a LIAR.
1,:Exactly: Ryouko had some development but no alternative for comparisson. That's what I said. It can't be helped you are interpreting it however you pleases
2: Hollownerox explained it in his post. Instead of reapeting what was said already, read it yourself.
3: Suit yourself, if it makes you happy.

Quote:
Also instead of worrying about me translating, you should worry about yourself. I'm not sure if your native tongue is English, but your grammar seems far worse than mine. So I'm worried about your future.
I will rather worry about novels that would end as your fanfictions. That's is sin against author and potencial readers. Grammar means nothing in comparisson.

Now I hope, I can realy take break from your demagogy, so if it will be possible I will ignore you. As I said before, I realy hope you will grow up one day from being yourself.
Old 2014-06-06, 11:20   Link #3290
Frozt

Quote:
Cookie to anyone who can translate that into english or any language that make sense.

1,:Exactly: Ryouko had some development but no alternative for comparisson. That's what I said. It can't be helped you are interpreting it however you pleases
2: Hollownerox explained it in his post. Instead of reapeting what was said already, read it yourself.
3: Suit yourself, if it makes you happy.

I will rather worry about novels that would end as your fanfictions. That's is sin against author and potencial readers. Grammar means nothing in comparisson.

Now I hope, I can realy take break from your demagogy, so if it will be possible I will ignore you. As I said before, I realy hope you will grow up one day from being yourself.
Ignore my first post because you have no arguement against it.
Also, you know youre losing when you start to use ad hominem.
1. I'm not even going to argue Ookami san with you anymore. Wanna know why?
-There is no translated version of it.
-Because you never read it. Knowing that you can't read Japanese and barely any English.
-You're spitting out nonsense on a topic you have no actual knowledge of except for the terrible adaption they made.
2. Seems like you can't read either. He never talked about Tyga. All he did was talk about Manaka, the Bible, character development, and Yahari. AFAIK Tyga didn't have a love epiphany.
3.Ignorance goes well with being a liar because it makes you seem like you're always right since you really know nothing.

Also for demagogy, you used that term in the wrong context. I am not trying to persuade anyone nor is my theory on Yukino biased (I SHIP HARUNO). I am trying to find an actual argument of why Yui is the end girl. There are no good flags for her, there is no good character development for her, and she even has a red flag by having Hikki know that she likes him and plans to confess in one of the last two novels.
Frozt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-06, 11:34   Link #3291
Distoch

This argument lasted for days and nothing has moved plus this is getting hostile so just stop it or do it in private please.
Old 2014-06-06, 11:53   Link #3292
lijenstina
Nihilism for Beginners

OMG Minori again.

“Talking nonsense is the sole privilege mankind possesses over the other organisms. It's by talking nonsense that one gets to the truth! I talk nonsense, therefore I'm human”
lijenstina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-06, 15:51   Link #3293
csuree
The Most Hated™

omg.. I read through the last 2 pages and they are like worthless blabbering about similarities and parallel's between different novels.

I know it is real hard to cope with the withdrawal symptoms but it seem that the lack of updates causes all of you to become frustrated.

Calm yourselves, please. there is no need to get agitated about different opinions. everybody interprets the whole thing differently. No need to get so angry about the others' different point of view. And please don't draw parallels between other novels. they are clearly not this type. so yo cannot base anything off them.

Also I bet a million bucks that Hikki will not end up with Yukino. I don't have a clue who will he choose but I am fairly certain Yukino will not be the one.
Old 2014-06-06, 16:20   Link #3294
Tenzen12

Yukino is most probable candidate, I wouldn't mind if he ended with someone else, but especialy with recent development it doesn't look that way.

It my end with friendship route as well, but I don't think there is any other alterantives.
Old 2014-06-06, 23:18   Link #3295
relentlessflame

*Administrator

First, I would like to ask that the back and forth arguing stop. Please take it to PM if you really must continue. I may still go back and take action against posts containing personal attacks or other inappropriate content.

Second, regarding comparisons to other works, I would like to remind everyone that ALL comparisons to ANY other work must be ENTIRELY behind properly marked spoiler tags, even if you think you aren't posting a "plot spoiler". Our rules about Spoiler tags are not what you may be used to on other sites; please understand our rules. I can give everyone a bit of time to adjust any previous posts, but reserve the right to warn/infract any post that doesn't follow the rules.

Also, please report problematic posts and do not reply to make things worse. Thanks...
Old 2014-06-07, 20:45   Link #3296
iskorts

^^ lol an admin was summoned...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distoch View Post

Off topic , that reminds me of something Hayama said during 8man's exposition of his plan (Rumi) , he said "No wonder she looks out for you" or something like that , at first I thought like almost everyone that he was referring to Yukino but now that we've seen that he is in touch with Haruno (since Vol8) I wonder if he could have been talking about her instead.
Well not like it's very important anyway , just wanted to point that out.
It's not like we've got any other topics to discuss... so yeah!

It's possible but it's a bit of a stretch.. since it was just an offhand comment by Hayama...

I think it could be Haruno mainly because I find it a bit hard to imagine that Yukino is "looking" after 8man. And though I haven't read the LNs for vol 2- 6, It kinda looked like Haruno had a more than positive/curious first impression of 8man. If Hayama was indeed keeping tabs on 8man for Haruno, it kinda makes you wonder why he's so loyal.. is he romantically interested in Haruno?
iskorts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-07, 21:08   Link #3297
RioFoxx

Quote:
Yukino is most probable candidate, I wouldn't mind if he ended with someone else, but especialy with recent development it doesn't look that way.

It my end with friendship route as well, but I don't think there is any other alterantives.
For me, with this pacing, I actually think it'll either with Yukino actually calling Hikkigaya her friend, breaking the 'I could never be friends with you' chain.

I would like them to end up setting sail, but, I don't quite see it going that way yet.
RioFoxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-07, 21:25   Link #3298
Heat066

Quote:
Originally Posted by RioFoxx View Post
For me, with this pacing, I actually think it'll either with Yukino actually calling Hikkigaya her friend, breaking the 'I could never be friends with you' chain.

I would like them to end up setting sail, but, I don't quite see it going that way yet.
Yukino already considered Hikigaya a close friend by the end of vol. 6( a.k.a the 1st season ending) so that line has been crossed already, it just wasn't shown explicitly.
Heat066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-07, 21:35   Link #3299
RioFoxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heat066 View Post
Yukino already considered Hikigaya a close friend by the end of vol. 6( a.k.a the 1st season ending) so that line has been crossed already, it just wasn't shown explicitly.
No no, I knew that. I more meant her actually saying it. Or are you saying that she's said it already? (I didn't read the LN for 6.)
RioFoxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-07, 22:58   Link #3300
Heat066

Quote:
Originally Posted by RioFoxx View Post
No no, I knew that. I more meant her actually saying it. Or are you saying that she's said it already? (I didn't read the LN for 6.)
No she didn't say it, but so what? Hikigaya understood pretty well what she meant with her purposely "No, we can't be friends" again.
Heat066 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
club, comedy, delayed release date, dramedy, fake harem, gagaga bunko, harem, hinedere, kuuderes, philosophy, romance, school life, slice of life, social psychology, train wreck