Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-11-13, 22:15   Link #41
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas View Post
Probably because they aren't all that interested in an animated adaptation. And Pink Pineapple is a well-known ero-anime production house.
Hmm . . . now that you tell me, do you think that Pink Pineapple might, with appropriate financial incentives, be able to make a full-fledged uncensored anime series based on a b-game? I wonder if it might sell more than the recent censored b-game animes we've gotten (fate/stay night, for example).

Aren't they making an h version of the Kakyuusei 2 anime?

And do you think that b-game animes might be better off if they focussed only on one character's path? A game with a plot as complex as Baldr Force's might do better in an anime treatment that way, rather than taking a half-assed harem route.
Old 2006-11-14, 03:24   Link #42
furusawa777
I Love BALDR FORCE

Perhaps a problem is not GIGA.
GIGA (or alchemist) sold license to produce the animation.
Development team (Team BALDR) cannot almost touch animation.
(I think that there was not the right.)
In most cases, a H-Game maker does not have interference on an animation studio.
There are delicate relations in a H-Game maker and an animation studio.
I think that there is a problem of contents in Trinet or B.E.R.Committee.
They were very very negative against sale and an advertisement in Japan.
An animation company does not tend to respect an original story.
In particular about a work of the H-GAME original.

But,The fight scene which satellite made is splendid…
Old 2006-11-15, 04:45   Link #43
Thelastguardian

I originally hesitated to respond to this thread, but...blah

If I remember correctly, Pink Pineapple's products animation ranges from bottom barrel to top of the line. They do have a large number of teams, you know :/ .

Quote:
Originally Posted by furusawa777 View Post
An animation company does not tend to respect an original story.
When did an anime studio respected the original creator (leave KyoAni out of it please).

It doesn't matter if you are a ero-game maker, mangaka, novel writers, or whatever. Anime studio staff are (usually) not going to listen to you.
Old 2006-11-27, 16:21   Link #44
[darkfire]
Give them the What For!
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to [darkfire] Send a message via Yahoo to [darkfire]
Well Megami-Anime released it a few minutes ago.
www.megamivisuals.com
Old 2006-11-27, 19:40   Link #45
Doddler

Send a message via ICQ to Doddler Send a message via MSN to Doddler
I'm really dissapointed, this would have been considered crappy quality for a TV series, but an OAV? Pretty bad... As one of my favorite games, I think they really bombed with the adaptation. It could have been ok but the sketchy direction art and the changes, just don't work.

Last edited by Doddler; 2006-11-27 at 20:07.
Old 2006-11-28, 17:46   Link #46
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Thumbs down

Honestly i am pretty disappinted in the first episode. keep in mind this is my opinion but i think the animation is shitty. I despise the voices and the plot does seem to have the essence to keep peoples attention. The only parts i did enjoy was Kotoko during the op and ed and when those guys heads started exploding like ripe mealons

I will continue to follow for a while to see if its gets better. It has happen to me before that i hate a series at first but end up liking later. I just think with mech series like Strain and Code Geass out Baldr Force will have a hard time picking up an audience
Old 2006-11-28, 18:24   Link #47
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
The only parts i did enjoy was Kotoko during the op and ed and when those guys heads started exploding like ripe mealons
amen to that!

well its quite slow paced for a 4 part ova which isnt good...as the story goes well lets just say its keeping my attention so a plus point for that...

but i have to say they feature the ugliest mechs ive seen...they dont even seem to move well cause they are soo "box like" O.o

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-11-29, 23:30   Link #48
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
i liked the exploding heads. and yeah kotoko rocks!
Old 2006-12-07, 10:15   Link #49
Sister Princess
Easy Operation

2nd volume is indeed released today.
Old 2006-12-14, 11:24   Link #50
guiltygearxt
C.C. belongs to me

Baldr Force Exe

lol...never mind that

Last edited by guiltygearxt; 2006-12-14 at 12:23.
Old 2006-12-15, 01:00   Link #51
Orchunter226
Is rather bored...

Well, I enjoyed the first episode. I didn't mind that there wasn't "omg pew pew pew" non-stop action. And the animation quality was within my acceptable range. The story seems half-way decent.

Not the strongest showing I've ever seen, and not anything exceptional. But! It's good enough to hold me until the second episode. And you know what? That's all it has to do.
Old 2006-12-15, 01:26   Link #52
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
It's indeed entertaining. But the thing that bothers me is the inconsistent character designs I've noticed (now since people started mentioning it >_<). For an OVA, non-hentai series, that's really unacceptable. I'm guess this is one of the reason the series got delayed a couple of times.
Old 2006-12-15, 16:44   Link #53
martino
makes no files now

Doesn't the main male lead like the main male character from Full Metal Panic??? (I've never seen FMP)
Old 2006-12-28, 08:39   Link #54
TougeSil80
I have enough, I'm gone.

Just watched the first 2 eps, the animation is not that bad, but I didn't play the game so I'm just comparing it to a regular anime series. The story is pretty good for an ova, and the OP is really good. Man, got to wait for ep.3-4 now, which won't come out for another 2 months (I think).
Old 2007-01-13, 01:24   Link #55
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

BALDR FORCE EXE Resolution - First Impressions

I have seen the very first episode, and I'm thrilled how it was presented as if were a typical TV episode.

I have NEVER in my life played the game, but I do find the concept of wiring inside the Net manifesting mecha a highly creative and original idea.

BALDR FORCE motif is mostly influenced by the MATRIX, but as a friend of mine commented to me the way people are flatlined in the Wired leads to much gruesome and graphic death than in MATRIX.
In fact, the head explosion visual effects seem gorier and stunning than those of GANTZ.

Other related theme influences carried over this title include the concept of bonding and breaking the boundaries between the human and the world of the NET, as just like humanity and cybernetics are fused in the world of Ghost in the Shell; plus the introverted nature of the general people who want to isolate themselves from the real world and live happily encased in their own world of self-created fantasy, as in Serial Experiments Lain.

Well for the animation it was pretty standard but nothing objectionable, maybe except for the lighting effects which are a little bright. As for the music, the confrontation score played during the showdown against the Fei Dao cyber-terrorists gripped opportune suspense.
For the music, I pretty much like KOTOKO and the song for the opening, Face of Fact ~ Resolution Version ~ did not let me down; possess the signature techno style, which is trademark to most of KOTOKO 's songs. On the other hand, the ending song, undelete, by Mami Kawada sounds generic but eventually I warmed up with the pace of the score.
BTW, both opening and ending contain several R-15 shots.

Another things that nicely pleases is to see the considerable amount of female members introduced in the cast. Code GEASS has also a high quota of female characters who either play main or supporting roles relevant to the plotline.
Spoiler:
Old 2007-02-03, 10:08   Link #56
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Wow, near the end of episode 2 has a
Spoiler:

It's a bit better this time, and the character designs weren't off-modeled as much.
Old 2007-02-03, 18:25   Link #57
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Just watched episode 2 subbed and the animation visuals were substantially improved upon from the first episode.

Ren cute moeness and big, hair ribbon reminds me a lot to Kana Souin from Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru.
Spoiler:

I really did not get what happened near the end.
Spoiler:

Lot's of intriguing mysteries to keep myself busy on keeping watch for this title.

BTW, the third chapters comes out next Friday.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-02-04, 17:12   Link #58
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
holy crap what a shocker...ep 2 must have been the shortest 30 mins ever O.o
funny how the managed to turn this from crap to gold ~ ep 2 was just amazingly good (well it kept my full attention anyway)

ren is just the cutest little moe ive ever seen O.o she has a mixture of personalities ( able to give out shyness and playfulness)

and for genha ~
Spoiler:

and excuse me while ill go mourn for Ayane

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-02-04, 18:12   Link #59
Mazryonh

Anyone notice that they played with the character design a little to make Ayane look more like Motoko Kusanagi from the Ghost In The Shell TV series (the purple-haired version)? I'm not sure if it was Seiji Kikuchi's (the original character designer for Baldr Force) intention to make Ayane look like Motoko, but now the similarities are staggering.

Overall, a better episode than the previous one. I wonder how the fans of the game liked it.
Old 2007-02-04, 22:13   Link #60
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
Anyone notice that they played with the character design a little to make Ayane look more like Motoko Kusanagi from the Ghost In The Shell TV series (the purple-haired version)? I'm not sure if it was Seiji Kikuchi's (the original character designer for Baldr Force) intention to make Ayane look like Motoko, but now the similarities are staggering.

Overall, a better episode than the previous one. I wonder how the fans of the game liked it.
To me Ayane physically resembles a little bit to Melissa Mao from Full Metal Panic.
Closed Thread