AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2011-05-25, 01:33   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Naruto Chapter 540 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting someone else's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are ok, crops of pictures are ok as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---

some Spoilers released...

Quote:
-For some reason Sakura begins to suspect Neji is not who he claims to be. To test him, she asks him questions only a Konoha-nin would know, specifically she asks questions cocnerning Tonton. When he fails to answer correctly, she seemingly beats him to the point where it is revealed that he was a White Zetsu.

-Cut to an image of Neji lying on the ground with Kiba hovering over him. It seems that Neji never left his position in the first place.

-During the same time, several other White Zetsu are attacking various units under the cover of night...

-Jump to Kirabi and Naruto, who have finally been stopped by the Raikage and Tsunade.

-Addiitionally, Itachi and Nagato continue their discussions...

Last edited by james0246; 2011-05-25 at 09:01.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-25, 06:58   Link #2
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

Spoiler for 540:

that was too lol......
Old 2011-05-25, 10:15   Link #3
Alchemist007
*Author

Looking forward to it...
Old 2011-05-25, 11:02   Link #4
haegar
mangaviking

Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2011-05-25, 12:18   Link #5
Ero-Senn1n

Best part:
Bee: No~~ ...B- boobs!?
A: Bee! How dare you stare at Hokage's breasts in front of me!

Shikaku is panicking
So the Zetsu clones are finally useful, it seems that the plan was to gather chakra of various alliance ninjas during the daytime fighting, then at night a part of the Zetsu army transforms into those ninjas (like Zetsu did with Kisame) and attack the alliance from inside, and it seems this internal attack will cause such a chaos that there is a good chance the alliance will fall apart. Finally we see Madara having a plan even without Kabuto's help.
Furthermore the Zetsus cannot be detected by sensor ninjas because the chakra is completely identical to the original, so my guess is that Naruto will be the only one detect Zetsus by feeling the killer intent (as in case of Kisame). Kishimoto did it again, now Raikage can't stop Naruto because without his help the alliance won't survive this night
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-25, 12:21   Link #6
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

It appears Sakura was thinking about Sasuke as her true love when talking to the love letter guy. And Hinata wants to protect Naruto-kun. Cue legions of shippers rampaging. The Naruto x Sakura fans are really in a mess since they thought Kishi would leave this open ended and it was Naruto.

What other kooky romance will be in this war?

The most important thing about this chapter is that the White Zetsu were used just to clone the Alliance. So now we have to see just how screwed Kishi allows the Alliance to be. How many were cloned? Do we have 20,000 Zetsu clones among them? It opens up a number of possibilities including the Alliance turning on itself as they try to figure out the clones. But it shouldn't come to that. Shikaku will use his superior Nara intelligence to figure something out.

Next chapter should be Naruto talk-no-jutsing A and Tsunade. It seems like Kirabi has now completely become a comic relief character.
Old 2011-05-25, 12:37   Link #7
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Alright, things got better! Neji was a Zetsu, kind of expected, and from what I gather the evil duo was hoping to use the Itachi/Nagato combo as a diversion, while the Zetsus did the inside job. At least they're doing a good job, Sakura was lucky Tonton did her best in this war
Quote:
What other kooky romance will be in this war?
Zetsu x Tonton, a forbidden romance spurred from the sparks of a crushing defeat! You read it here first...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-25, 12:58   Link #8
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Excellent chapter. Sakura lucked out there. And the end with Bee was funny. And dawww for Hinata still trying her hardest despite Kishi being romance stupid.
Old 2011-05-25, 13:07   Link #9
NoLongerSane

Enjoyed the chapter. Really loved Bee's reaction to seeing Tsunade. I really wonder how Naruto is going talk his way past the Raikage in the next chapter.

As DragoZERO has stated, Sakura really lucked out with Zetsu not knowing who Tonton was. I found on how the girls thought about their guys were interesting. When Sakura thought about Sasuke, she could only see him being pissed off and that brought her mood down further. Hinata on the other hand thought of a serious Naruto then a smiling Naruto which motivated her more to protect him.

As for Zetsu himself, it's going to be interesting to see how the alliance deals with the situation.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-25, 13:08   Link #10
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
It appears Sakura was thinking about Sasuke as her true love when talking to the love letter guy. And Hinata wants to protect Naruto-kun. Cue legions of shippers rampaging. The Naruto x Sakura fans are really in a mess since they thought Kishi would leave this open ended and it was Naruto.
Last chapter, I had assumed (and was relatively sure that) it was probably Naruto she was thinking of since it's hard for me to imagine how a love confession could still trigger thoughts of Sasuke after the events the anime is about to soon cover. But apparently Kishi successfully tricked me again. Though I can't say I'm a naruto x sakura shipper in any way, I can't help but feel like Kishi just dealt another blow to Sakura's character. I mean, what exactly does Sasuke have to do for her to get over him? Jesus. How dumb/idiotic does this make her look?

Aside from that, I don't have much else to say on the chapter beyond how much of a low-blow I thought it was for zetsu to take out two guys while they're "draining the lizards". Despite that, I still have to give the guy credit. Because that tactic was very shinobi worthy. lol
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-25, 13:15   Link #11
haegar
mangaviking

uuugh Bee, Hokage is an E ... how poetic ... actually her Es are A+ but whateva

gotta say I am surprised this is a lot better than I expected after last one. It's nice to see Itachi's and Nagato's chitchat being used to build the tension for whatever that slimy creature intends to spring on Madara - I wonder ... could Itachi's Mangeyko Sharingan and Nagato's Rinnegan joined together maybe be used to block Madara's final Genjutsu?

Anways, Sakura had an ok humor scene there, and I was roflmao at the "lez discuss Hokage's cleavage intermezzo that's a new side to Bee which I like ...

I still thing it's a bad sign that Hokage and Raikage get to them on the last page only though - we'll have another 20 pages of Naruto persuading them next chap - though I have some hope that will be intersected by Shikamaru comin up with something against the Zetsus... he sure looked like brain at work at IQ 250
Old 2011-05-25, 13:21   Link #12
james0246

Realistically, we've known for quite awhile that Kishimoto was going to go for the most obvious romantic choice (HinaNaru and SasuSaku), so I see no reason anyone should be too upset by this obvious development.

That being said, TonTon and Kirabi owned this chapter (TonTon singlehandedly owned last chapter as well). I expect we will be seeing KirabixTsunade pictures in the not too distant future...

Oh yeah, and the chapter was pretty good as well. There is some actual tension after so long, and the idea that this could have been Madara's plan all along is quite interesting.
Old 2011-05-25, 13:27   Link #13
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Realistically, we've known for quite awhile that Kishimoto was going to go for the most obvious romantic choice (HinaNaru and SasuSaku), so I see no reason anyone should be too upset by this obvious development.
Really? The way I see it, Kishi doesn't know what he wants to do yet...
Quote:
could Itachi's Mangeyko Sharingan and Nagato's Rinnegan joined together maybe be used to block Madara's final Genjutsu?
Interesting but very surreal, Madara will be casting it with a power higher than all the tailed beasts together, how can two zombies counter a power of that caliber?
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-25, 13:31   Link #14
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

I like how zombie Itachi and Nagato are so chill. They're just sitting there relaxing, talking about the insane situation around them like you talk about the weather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
It opens up a number of possibilities including the Alliance turning on itself as they try to figure out the clones. But it shouldn't come to that. Shikaku will use his superior Nara intelligence to figure something out.
They already have ninja like Ino and Aoba with mind-reading jutsu, but I guess that solution isn't really feasible when it comes to thousands of soldiers.

I think Shikaku might recall Yamato's report like Sakura did. Yamato probably mentioned Naruto's ability to sense enemies despite them concealing their chakra. He'll realize that then contact A and Tsunade. Either that or he figures out something that forces the Zetsus to drop their disguises.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246
Coulda fooled me. Naruto is still utterly hung up on Sakura. Sasuke would gladly gut Sakura like a fish given half the chance. Both pairings seem rather one-sided.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-25, 13:31   Link #15
haegar
mangaviking

admitteldy surreal, yeah - but I guess its hinted pretty clearly that Itachi and Nagato are the wrench that that he intends to throw into Madara's plans .. the interesting part will be how far Madara anticipates the betrayal - anyways - the question remains what does Kabutomaro save them for?

on another note, small oversight this chap ...shouldn't there be a Gedomazo rampaging around somewhere? I'd have liked one panel to showcase the destruction in passing XD

edit: oh and I totally ignored the next chapter title: Naruto vs Raikage? Ok so maybe no talk
Old 2011-05-25, 13:38   Link #16
Fran~
floating away...

Sakura did it well there... if Shikaku manages to find a nice counter to Zetsu's attack, it will be thanks to Sakura's intel.

I lol'd with Neji and Kiba, certainly Kiba is a comic relief

No surprises there, Killerbee is a breast man...

Nice chapter.
Old 2011-05-25, 13:48   Link #17
NoLongerSane

Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
on another note, small oversight this chap ...shouldn't there be a Gedomazo rampaging around somewhere? I'd have liked one panel to showcase the destruction in passing XD
I was wondering about that too. Also, besides the oversize statue roaming around with Madara riding it, you have the remaining Swordmens of the Mist still fighting along with some other Edo Tensie warriors still roaming the area.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-25, 13:51   Link #18
james0246

Gedo mazo was only used as a distraction for Madara to grab the Gaku brothers. Once they were kidnapped, he and the statue vanished.
Old 2011-05-25, 13:56   Link #19
haegar
mangaviking

oh, thx, guess thats what I get for lurkin out the weaker chapters
Old 2011-05-25, 13:56   Link #20
neshru

So Tonton is a she?
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion