Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-23, 10:18   Link #161
AceD
See You En' Tee

^ Mythical beast type; Nature Dragon

would be cool

- no doubt his powers involve controlling various weather elements (lightning and wind at least, But obviously Enel is lightning logia)
Old 2009-08-23, 10:59   Link #162
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Wooo, you're the man...

Who was it that said that winning an argument on the internet was like competing in the paralympics...
There was no argument to begin with, it's the fact that people once again questioning the canon.

Anyways, I hope we get better actual combat next chapter, right now it seems that Oda is just displaying the characters powers.

Last edited by Phenomenal; 2009-08-23 at 11:57.
Old 2009-08-23, 11:58   Link #163
Bari_Phillis
It's a.... BEAM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
So it makes me wonder,if there's other mythical beast type of zoan out there with power as badass as Marco?Probably something not logia like beast,but has great power equal to WB's gura gura fruit?
Watch Luffy turn out to be some sort of mythical paramecia

It's why he's able to defeat everyone he does.... makes sense. But honestly I would like there to be something special about Luffy's fruit like it was the only synthesized fruit or something. Something that makes him special and gives him some sort of an edge on the more powerful people.

He's got Haki but I don't see people using it too much anymore.
Old 2009-08-23, 13:46   Link #164
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Maybe his fruit is the one Gold Roger had… at least if Gold Roger had a DF.
It's be better if Luffy's fruit wasn't that special. It's his heart and hardwork that makes it possible to complete his dream of Pirate King and that's the message we want kids to get.
Old 2009-08-23, 14:33   Link #165
Pretty_Shota155
Just a Pretty Shota...

Is seems that Oda was too lazy this week, 15 pages only?!
But i kinda like the Akainu he is cool...
Old 2009-08-23, 16:56   Link #166
Master Mold
Banned

I hope we get some real fights going on here next week, cuz pages of canon fodder equal lame.

Did I forget to add the Whitebeard Pirates > All?
Old 2009-08-23, 17:12   Link #167
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

If you ask me we should just skip all this awesome admirals vs whatever it is devil fruit users and let Blackbeard land in so that he can kill uncle wb once and for all by explaining his plans.But it looks like bleach style boredom fights are about to begin and will last more than 2 months since we have a lot of characters around here.May the pirate god help us all
Old 2009-08-23, 17:17   Link #168
Master Mold
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrz View Post
If you ask me we should just skip all this awesome admirals vs whatever it is devil fruit users and let Blackbeard land in so that he can kill uncle wb once and for all by explaining his plans.But it looks like bleach style boredom fights are about to begin and will last more than 2 months since we have a lot of characters around here.May the pirate god help us all
LOL the guy who got bloodied by Luffy, and pwn by a prison warden?

I'd love to see a steak thrown into the lions den.
Old 2009-08-23, 17:28   Link #169
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Mold View Post
I hope we get some real fights going on here next week, cuz pages of canon fodder equal lame.
There's somewhere close to 12,000 participants in this battle, so, of course, Oda has to find away to clear away the majority of the fodder before the big dogs can come out and play.

Honestly, it is this chaos that I like - random encounters, one character launching an attack against a completely opposite opponent than the one the are fighting, men and women living or dying in the breath of the release of one attack. This isn't the boring Bleach war where there is no casualty and no possibility of a casualty (amongst the good guys), and the majority of the fight is simply standing in place talking at each other (with stupid pseudo-flashbacks to boot). This is the Pain invasion, complete with village destroying attacks (only every few pages, not just once or twice per arc).

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
So it makes me wonder,if there's other mythical beast type of zoan out there with power as badass as Marco?Probably something not logia like beast,but has great power equal to WB's gura gura fruit?
I predict a...Unicorn . Their special ability? Only "pure" women can touch/battle the fruit user. Otherwise they are completely invulnerable to everything (save for Seastone and deep water).
Old 2009-08-23, 17:49   Link #170
Master Mold
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
There's somewhere close to 12,000 participants in this battle, so, of course, Oda has to find away to clear away the majority of the fodder before the big dogs can come out and play.
Mass Canon Fooder scuffles = Lame, If Oda has to FIND away to clear away the refuse, he's heavenly over rated. Screw blasting Oda about his infamous MoriA, CROC, SH8T WRITING, he scratches his head on things like "clearing away canon fodder." I think he is just sand bagging as usual.

Quote:
Honestly, it is this chaos that I like - random encounters, one character launching an attack against a completely opposite opponent than the one the are fighting, men and women living or dying in the breath of the release of one attack.
I'm not even going to comment on this. LOL!

Quote:
This isn't the boring Bleach war where there is no casualty and no possibility of a casualty (amongst the good guys), and the majority of the fight is simply standing in place talking at each other (with stupid pseudo-flashbacks to boot).
Dissing another manga to pump up One piece, One Piece Fanboi tactic #2447.
Don't even talk about death, seriously.

Quote:
This is the Pain invasion, complete with village destroying attacks (only every few pages, not just once or twice per arc).
This is no Pain invasion. Lets hope it get on that level soon.

K?
Old 2009-08-23, 18:17   Link #171
james0246

Quote:
Mass Canon Fooder scuffles = Lame, If Oda has to FIND away to clear away the refuse, he's heavenly over rated.
Again, this war has somewhere around 12,000 participants (maybe you just can't imagine the number of people that are supposed to be fighting in this war?). You make it seem like 99% of the players can just be tossed aside in some random extra dimension within a chapter, leaving only Whitebeard and his top crew against the Admirals and Shichibukai. That's just bad writing if that were to happen. No, the "canon fodder" must be dealt with one way or another before the full scale real figthing can start, and so far the war as we have seen up to this point has been centered on the break down of what will come, with the canon fodder being moved to one side of the battle field, and the top dogs fighting on the other.

Quote:
Dissing another manga to pump up One piece, One Piece Fanboi tactic #2447.
Don't even talk about death, seriously.
Unless you consider someone saying that something is "boring" a dis (which would imply that you have been dissing One Piece for close to a year (which begs the question of why you are even still reading)), I did not "dis" Bleach. Instead, I said that I prefer the more active warfare of One Piece which isn't confined solely to named characters who stand around for at least a third of the fight reminiscing on their pasts, but instead are constantly attacking. (I would have thought you'd prefer the more active war as well, but I guess it isn't your thing).

BTW, Fanboi? What are you 10? If you disagree with something, then explain why. Don't hide behind petty arguments that my 10 year old nephew uses.

Last edited by james0246; 2009-08-23 at 18:28.
Old 2009-08-23, 18:31   Link #172
Phenomenal
Banned

Quote:
Honestly, it is this chaos that I like - random encounters, one character launching an attack against a completely opposite opponent than the one the are fighting,
No one is even fighting each other, it's just one side launching an attack at another and the other countering. These are simply chapters to display characters powers. That's not random chaos James it's RPG gameplay. Nice try to big up something that ain't there.

Quote:
men and women living or dying in the breath of the release of one attack.
"dying" and One Piece don't go together, it's like water and vinegar. James you know better....

Quote:
This isn't the boring Bleach war where there is no casualty and no possibility of a casualty (amongst the good guys), and the majority of the fight is simply standing in place talking at each other (with stupid pseudo-flashbacks to boot).
No, Bleach characters actually fight..HEAD on in one on one battles while at the same time bringing out the characters personalities. Pendulum arc was to develop more on characters like the Vaizards. Wow, First it's "Bleach has no story or good development" but now, the story flashbacks are "stupid?" That's a contradiction there. About Bleach not killing good guys, so what, One Piece killled Nobody and never will after Pell [a bird] surviving a nuke...

Quote:
This is the Pain invasion, complete with village destroying attacks (only every few pages, not just once or twice per arc).
We are only two chapters into this thang with nothing really happening but displays of characters and some of there powers and you are already calling it a finish product like the Pain invasion...No dice James , you are being nothing more than a hype man for Oda. Webetter wait till we get further in this war before you make building hopping claims like this again.

Quote:
No, the "canon fodder" must be dealt with one way or another.
Sigh, quit acting like this is rocket science, Cannon fodder is cannon fodder and can be easily swept aside by the after effects of big time fighters. Aokiji can freeze each one easily, Red Dog can rock them to hell casually. ect...

Last edited by Phenomenal; 2009-08-23 at 20:29.
Old 2009-08-23, 18:56   Link #173
Master Mold
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Again, this war has somewhere around 12,000 participants (maybe you just can't imagine the number of people that are supposed to be fighting in this war?).
This war has 12,000 Canon fodder aka cats I don't give a rats a$$ about, that can be washed away easily, Oda is just sand bagging if he keeps on with the fodder spam.

Quote:
You make it seem like 99% of the players can just be tossed aside in some random extra dimension within a chapter, leaving only Whitebeard and his top crew against the Admirals and Shichibukai.
No....more like you are making a huge deal out of CANON FODDER, while the likes of Characters who matter sit on the side lines, saying the same thing over and over.

Doflamingo:Fu Fu FU I'm excited!

I can see the spoilers now, More canon fodder battles, Doflamingo says he is excited!

Chapter title "I'm excited!"

Quote:
Unless you consider someone saying that something is "boring" a dis (which would imply that you have been dissing One Piece for close to a year (which begs the question of why you are even still reading)), I did not "dis" Bleach. Instead, I said that I prefer the more active warfare of One Piece which isn't confined solely to named characters who stand around for at least a third of the fight reminiscing on their pasts, but instead are constantly attacking. (I would have thought you'd prefer the more active war as well, but I guess it isn't your thing).

Quote:
Originally Posted by James0246
Quote:
BTW, Fanboi? What are you 10? If you disagree with something, then explain why. Don't hide behind petty arguments that my 10 year old nephew uses.
Whats wrong with calling a spade a spade? you yourself said your a One Piece fanboi, not to mention every time I explain myself you pump my posts with words and points I never mentioned, hoping to change the argument to your favor.
Old 2009-08-23, 19:32   Link #174
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenal View Post
Sigh, quit acting like this is rocket science, Cannon fodder is cannon fodder and can be easily swept aside by the after effects of big time fighters. Aokiji can freeze each one easily, Red Dog can rock them to hell casually. ect...
There are 12,000+ people fighting on this battlefield. 2-3 chapters (maybe a little more) to adequately work around/through those 12,000+ fighters seem a little reasonable doesn't it? And, to use a Bleach example, it took something like 20 chapters before the lesser characters/canon fodder were cleared away and the real (i.e. Espada) fights could start. So, why are you, and Mold, complaining that it has been 3 chapters and Whitebeard (etc) aren't fighting to the death yet. Isn't that a bit of a double standard .

That being said, you can't really talk about a double standard (something I have not commited, but you have decided that I have simply because you disagree with me). To claim that you are somehow "objective" when discussing the possible differences (which there aren't any, and I was not claiming there were) between One Piece and Bleach is simply comical. You are the loudest supporter of Bleach on this entire forum, even going to other threads to try and lambast others when they say something that you consider as being negative about Bleach.

So please, do not even try and lecture anyone else about being a fanboy when you are one of the worst on Animesuki...

@Mold: As usual, you are only good for needlessly/pointlessly calling others fanboy, and then quoting yourself. You really need to get a new schtick, because your current one is too predicatble and often boring...
Old 2009-08-23, 19:45   Link #175
Phenomenal
Banned

^^1. I am objective James cause I TEACH/CORRECT on story points about any series, not just Bleach. How can I be a fanboy of Bleach when I stated that Naruto is doing the best right now? Wut..?.

2. The vice-captains in Bleach aren't cannon fodder, many of them have Bankai's and have had much development from the start of this series and are close to captains. Unlike the many no-named pirates in this war in One Piece. But whatever I don't write this thang so lets see how Oda deals with it. Hey, I just hope for a good war to develope here..

Last edited by Phenomenal; 2009-08-23 at 19:57.
Old 2009-08-23, 22:38   Link #176
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
The war here seems more believable, almost Romances of the three kingdoms here, except on a much larger scale. Comparing it to Bleach is a littly silly anyhow. The battles in FKT comes off more like a small town gang war than a full scale war.

I Think Oda's doing a heck of a job here, showing off so many characters in what is an actually war with a shonen spin on everything, with the crowds seemingly doing the explaining of certain attacks and events or overrreacting to certain things. Great stuff here. I hope it continues onward for a while. The battles has only just begun seeing how the Shichibukai aren't attacking yet.
Old 2009-08-24, 03:31   Link #177
Battler-kun

Stay out with your bullshit Naruto and Bleach......

Quote:
LOL the guy who got bloodied by Luffy, and pwn by a prison warden?

I'd love to see a steak thrown into the lions den.
No matter how he is displayed now, BB is one of the most dangerous pirat out there.
He only fights if it is really neccessary.

He is one of the last bosses for Luffy.
Old 2009-08-24, 04:16   Link #178
Prestige

Quote:
There are 12,000+ people fighting on this battlefield. 2-3 chapters (maybe a little more) to adequately work around/through those 12,000+ fighters seem a little reasonable doesn't it?
Just a slight correction. There is actually over 100 000 elite marines already defending at Marineford alongside with all upper tier officers including Fleet admiral all admirals and almost all vice admirals.

And James I agree with everything you have said on your previous posts but best way to deal with those two silly haters is just ignore everything they say.

Personally I love this war like it is now, there are up to 150 000 fighters including best of the New world,marines and schchibukais. LAST thing I want is Bleach style ridicilous 1v1 or 2v1 fights without any connection to other fights.

This is war, this is gigantic battle that will shape the future of One Piece world, there is no sanctuary or safe place to fight with your opponent in this war, this should be total chaos and rage and we shall see what is outcome when dust settles.
Old 2009-08-24, 04:23   Link #179
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenal View Post
^^1. I am objective James cause I TEACH/CORRECT on story points about any series, not just Bleach. How can I be a fanboy of Bleach when I stated that Naruto is doing the best right now? Wut..?.
You can be a fanboy of both, you know.

Quote:
2. The vice-captains in Bleach aren't cannon fodder, many of them have Bankai's and have had much development from the start of this series and are close to captains. Unlike the many no-named pirates in this war in One Piece. But whatever I don't write this thang so lets see how Oda deals with it. Hey, I just hope for a good war to develope here..
Only 2 have bankai. There's not a lot of character development but there is some and they do have some level of importance to the the plot.
Old 2009-08-24, 06:34   Link #180
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Wow.
James+Master Mold+Phenomenal=Love Triangle.
Closed Thread